Alive bond

By EyaggeliaSklaveniti

Humans have always had the privilege of building and protecting their bonds themselves. Well,they haven't don... More

Introduction
Enemy part 1
Enemy part 2
The meeting
Long Ago
The "ally"
An unexpected tragedy
A new challenge
The plan
The danger continues
First months
The complication
Deal
Secrets
The ball
The birth
When doubts break souls are reborn
Leaving
Crashing
Finding a way home
Police Station
Shadows'Palace
The Fallout
Dead End
"Weakness"
Family Problems
Cracks that leak the truth
Discussing the plan
Trip to the past
Healing
Fighting
Running
A visit from the past
Prisoners of the past

The rough start of something eternal

1 0 0
By EyaggeliaSklaveniti

Anthony was a social person. That didnt mean he was good at making friends. Why? Because he had no desire to. Raphael was his one true friend,the only one he would ever need.

This Angelica however was a unique case. And he didnt like unique things. He loved having a scedule and occasionally doing something different to avoid getting bored. But even then he had the control.

This girl was simply put "uncontrollable". She seemed to think she could do whatever she wanted whenever she wanted like a child that thinks the only rule in life is "have fun and avoid getting yelled at". They were supposed to meet at the airport and she arrived thirty minutes late and her response was:"oh,no i wasnt late. Actually i arrived an hour early but i desided to explore a bit. I guess i lost track of time. What are you standing here for? Lets go. I dont have all day"

Angelica was acting like a 5 year old. Again. She was staring at the ceiling for the past 5 minutes while waiting in line.

-Wanna go home τo Heaven? I can send you there if you want. Without your body of course

-But then you would have no excuse to go to New York and see your friend

How was possible that even though they have known each other for barely a week and she answered with such accuracy as if they were close friends? She was right. Something suspicious and dangerous was going on here. And anthony wanted Raphael's help because otherwise he might decide to kill Angelica and be done with it. And yet something was holding back his murderous instincts.

Like a little voice in the back of his mind saying "Don't kill her. You will be sorry" Damn,he hated those little voices. They are like children that are right. But you cant ground them for saying something inconvenient.

Then he noticed something peculiar,no alarming. Behind them there was a couple with two 6 year-old girls fighting non stop. Anthony wished desperately that they would stop. Apparently Angelica thought so too. She kneeled and started talking to them.

Anthony was sure now he wont avoid the argument. But then she rised and he heard the two girls apologizing to each other and promising to buy each other "gifts of forgiveness". The parents were very grateful. Finally their turn. They checked in and started walking toward the plane.

-How did you do it? He asked

-What?

-What did you say to these two sisters and they suddenly turned from "i will kill you" to "i will build a castle of snow for you to be queen?"

-Oh that. I dont know how i do it

I just do it. It is my job,in a sense. Making sure bonds dont fall apart i mean. By the way they were friends not sisters. I understood it by their way of fighting. Don't ask me how i know, that's a talk for another time

-What are you? You have some sort of psychiatric gift?

-Your perception of things is narrow minded and somewhat insulting. I promised to explain everything in due time. You are being impatient. Would you mind if i were to sleep during our flight?

-Naah. I suppose i will find ways to deal with my loneliness.

Finally. 10 hours without hearing her talking. I am so relieved.

-Great.

-I have work to do. I need to see a summary of the history of this bond. I feel it will be a long journey in time. I sense its age much like humans understand the age of a wine by taste

Several minutes later

Angelica was sleeping soundly but in reality she was doing something different than sleeping. She was time-traveling. Her essence at least. The experience was like walking through a tunnel full with memories. Angelica didnt have time for all of them.

And so the years continued to "pass her by" and angelica was taking notes much like a student writing down the basics of a lesson but ne intendes to study them better later. Angelica realised that this situation was like an omelet with onions and peppers,anthony being the onions and raphael the peppers. Onions are cooked more quickly than the peppers which are thicker. But also onions are more easily burned than peppers and they destroy the dish

Raphael is more reluctant to accept the reality of this friendship but this reluctance is only in his words. He doesnt seem to understand this reality has rooted into his life

Anthony however was a different story. Like onions if he is properly prepared he adds sweetness and color to this bond.

But he also has some characteristics that could be tools in the hands of her enemies. His stuborness and his punctuality.

He will never say sorry himself and despite his remarkable ability to save his friend from dangerous situations he didnt have the capacity to stop him before the situation becomes perilous. She is done here for now,of course more studying needs to be done but she got the general idea.

Its time to wake up.

Anthony was used to weird sleeping habits.

But angelica was topping them all. During the flight she was sleeping and sometimes she would hug him with a smile saying things like "good job" or "you are not as useless as i thought" and after some time she would get angry and slap him and call him idiot or irresponsible or "an offense to the word punctuality". All while sleeping.

Memo to himself,never to sleep close to her again. He had tried to wake her up multiple times but to no avail. Luckily their journey would end in a half an hour. She had started to stir which probably meant that she would wake up on her own when they land. He hoped.

Everything was quiet so he decided to rest his eyes for a bit until he heard her mumble something like "anthony ,why do you need to be informed when you are needed?" That was new. It sounded like it was meant to be insulting but why? He didnt find anything insulting in that sentence.

-Forgive my intrusion sir,but i couldn't help but notice that your companion has been bothering your for the duration of the trip. Do you require some assistance with this problem?

Things were getting stranger by the second.

A male flight attendant was hoovering over him looking concerned. Men working as flight attendants were a rarity but they were not non-existent. The weird was that during the flight some passengers asked him to do something about angelica( probably because they were feeling sorry for Anthony and Anthony HATED pity.) and he did nothing. Also,this man was looking at Angelica with the eyes of a predator. Impossible, they didnt even know each other. Angelica probably has slapped him far too many times during these long hours.

-Nah,she is no problem. She is just having a restless sleep.

-Ok sir. Then allow me to take your cup of coffee

He bowed to pick up the cup and Anthony noticed the man smelled like danger and threat. Anthony would never admit it out loud but he felt a stab of fear at that very moment. And then his eyes again became those of a hunting animal.And he was looking at Angelica. Like he wanted to eat her but he was controlling himself.

Something inside him woke up. Some new instict he didnt know he had. With swift movements he grabbed the cup the attendant dropped "accidentally" with one hand and with the other he pulled Angelica closer to him

-Try and be more careful next time

-I deeply apologise sir.

What the hell was going on?

Meanwhile in New York:

Raphael was very happy. He had managed buy that book on a very good price and in was in tip-top condition. Too bad he couldnt read it. Peculiar as it may sound he was seeing this specific book in his dreams for a few nights already.

He didnt tell Anthony because he would most likely worry . But raphael didnt feel threatened,he felt excited for some reason. So he kept it a secret and started searching for the book of his dreams. He found it soon,which was a bit strange. He didnt tell anthony the truth but he didnt lie either,he was simply being vague. He could keep a secret from anthony but he could not lie.

So here he was with this mysterious book in his hands which was written in a strange languange raphael didnt know.

Raphael had just arrived at the hotel. He was planning on making a nice cup of tea and attempt to translate the book(maybe it was written on some rare dialog he was not accustomed with)

Suddenly the room lit up and a female figure appeared out of nowhere. She had long red hair,bright brown eyes and slender figure.

-Who are you?

-That is not important right now.I need your help.

-I dont understand

-My daughter is at grave risk.

-Your daughter? Do I know her?

-Yes and No. We dont have much time. They may be watching us.

-Who? I dont understand anything.

-Thats why I am here to explain

-Why should I believe anything you say?

-You were not frightened when I appeared in your room. Some part of you knows me. All humans know me. Because they have felt me.

Raphael couldnt explain it but her presence,despite unknown,caused him familiar amd warm feelings.

-I am listening.

An hour later

Raphael was stunned,to say the least. The cup of tea was currently on the table because he didnt trust the stability of his hands at this time

-Now you understand how serious things are. I want you to protect her Raphael. Although i doubt i need to tell you that

-Anthony will not take it well

-Anthony will not believe me if i explain it to him.He doesnt trust me. But he trusts you. You must find a way to explain it to him .

-I will try to the best of my abilites. Can I at least get your name?

-Fotini

Then she disappeared.

At that time the phone started ringing

-Pick it up,raphael

-Hello?

Raphael,hi how are you? Long story short. I am in a New York with a girl i met,if she can be called one. Ohh,if you ever hit me again.... Listen for some strange reason this girl has pissed off some guys and they are currently following us so we cant come at your hotel. Can you meet us in an abandoned warehouse i know near by? You know the one we nearly blown up during the WW1 . In the meantime i will try to lose them. "

-I will be there. And Anthony?

-Yeah?

-Don't let anything happen to her

After that he hang up

Anthony was confused and angry. He hated being the only one who was not informed

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Undead By RA

Vampire

111 13 18
Being trapped inside one place most of your life is suffocating. So I took it upon myself to go behind my mother's back every chance I got to leave...
350K 11.5K 62
The human world is long gone and is now controlled by the vampire race. Humans with money can live a peaceful life while the poor decide to sell thei...
412 27 13
Born into a prestigious family, Elijah had to shoulder a lot of things- pride, family name, being the best of the best... These things were not what...
634K 34.6K 67
Time didn't matter to her. She got up when the sun did and tried to sleep when the sun went down. because of this seemingly endlessness, she's forgot...