The High Society || Taejin

By jinniyakim

In a cruel world full of lies and deceit, only a few remain true. Seven lives are tangled in the fight for lo... More

Disclaimer
Characters
Part 1
Part 2
Part 4

Part 3

1.4K 136 14
By jinniyakim

Jin closed his laptop and picked up the printouts from his printer. He was curious why this company was so interested in investing a considerable amount in his father's company. At first, the company only wanted to be a partner, but after reading the proposal, it seemed it wanted to be one of the major stockholders. Something he knew his father wouldn't approve of, but still, he wanted to consult about it.

He opened his laptop once more and typed the name of the company. "Stellar Investments." Jin's eyes followed every word describing how great the company was. It wasn't long in the industry, but certainly, the performance was astonishing. It focused on investing in different businesses, but it was now trying its hand at the food business. Something Jin was so inclined about.

He picked up his phone, and Sunghoon picked up, "Can you respond to Stellar and make an appointment?"

Sunghoon checked his boss' calendar before responding. "Your schedule is full, boss. I can schedule for Tuesday the following week. Stellar is open anytime, so I guess this is fine."

"Alright. Just let them know I am interested. Whenever my schedule is available, just inform me once final. Thank you, Sunghoon. And I'm sorry. I just noticed it's already late. You can go home."

Jin leaned back on his chair, closing his eyes after dropping the call. He was thankful for the new clients showing interest in their business. But at the same time, he was worried about his father's absence the past few days. He didn't know what was happening, but he was sure something was off.

"How's work?" Namjoon greeted as soon as Jin stepped into their home. "You seemed busy."

Jin dropped himself on the couch beside his husband, leaning his head on Namjoon's shoulder. "It was tiring the past few weeks. It seemed Dad has been transitioning from giving the full management to me. I'm unsure if my feelings are correct, but it seems like it."

Namjoon put his arms on Jin's shoulder, pulling him closer to him. "Your father trusts you fully. That's all I can see from the situation. And I'm so proud of you."

Jin looked up and smiled, poking his husband's dimple with his finger. "Thank you." Jin stood up with his coat and bag in his arm and hand, "I'll take a shower. Jimin bought food. Let's have dinner in our unit."

"You'll have dinner with Jimin? Tonight?"

Jin looked back; he didn't like his husband's reaction. "We will have dinner. In my dad's unit, just below ours. Jimin is on the honor roll. He deserves a nice dinner."

"Aren't your dad with him? My parents were waiting for you so we could have dinner together. You'll tell me you'll bring me to dinner with your family? You should have informed me earlier. Dad would be disappointed." Namjoon ranted annoyingly.

Jin had to think for a while, closing his fist as he tried to stay calm and composed, "I'm sorry. I know it's my fault for not informing you. I'm just a bit surprised that your parents waited for me because they always eat early, and they hated waiting for my arrival--"

"And when did they tell you they hate waiting for you?!"

Jin took another deep breath, "You heard your mom when she said it to me. Okay, I'm sorry. I should not have brought it back. But Jimin wants to celebrate his award with me. And my dad isn't been going home for a week now. Jimin is alone--"

"It's not our fault if your father chooses to leave Jimin alone." Namjoon stopped Jin causing Jin to take deep, long breaths.

"Okay. Fine. I'll take a shower, and let's have dinner. With your parents." Jin turned his heel and left the living area. He hated that Namjoon was so scared of his parents. Especially to his father. And he hated arguing about it to the point he just had to apologize to stop the argument.

Picking up his phone and dialing Jimin's number, Jin smiled as soon as Jimin answered, "Hey sweetie, where is the party you're going to tonight?"

"Your husband did not allow you, didn't he?"

"I'm sorry. His parents, you know it. Here's a promise, I'll fetch you wherever it is, then let's have some coffee?"

Jin could feel Jimin's smile from the other line, "Sure. I'll message you the exact location once I'm there. I love you. Take it easy. I'm okay."

"I love you too. I'll see you later."

•••

"My brother will drop by later," Jimin said, glancing at Jungkook, who was in the driver's seat.

"Hmm? We will go there to the club after this. I want to beat Taehyung so he'll get his ass in the club opening." Jungkook smiled, his hands gliding on the steering wheel, waiting for the race to start.

A man suddenly peeked at Jungkook's car window, sucking on a lollipop, turning on Jimin, "Are you sure you want to ride?"

Jimin looked at Jungkook before nodding, "I want to experience how it feels like racing."

Taehyung chuckled, removing the candy from his mouth and patting Jungkook's shoulder. "You should be careful. Does your brother know?"

Jimin pouted and shook his head, "He will surely freak out."

Taehyung raised his brow at Jungkook, who ignored Taehyung's taunting, "I don't want to die either. I'll be careful."

Taehyung nodded, hearing that from Jungkook, "Great to hear. But let me tell you that I will win tonight. I'm inspired." Taehyung popped the candy back into his mouth before leaving for his car.

Jungkook looked to his left side, where Taehyung's car was, then shouted as Taehyung's engine started to roar, "Did it happen?!"

Taehyung looked at Jungkook and responded with a smirk. "Just mind your driving and the club you're about to open tonight!"

Jungkook and Taehyung shifted their gaze toward the man holding a flag and waiting for the signal to start. Jimin held on to his seat, checking his seatbelt again and again. His heart was already racing even before the race began, and so was his excitement.

As soon as the flag was waved down, Jimin cursed. He thought his soul left his body as Jungkook's car sped off. With speed, Jimin had never experienced or even imagined before.

•••

Taehyung snickered at Jungkook after he received an envelope of cash. He won the race making Jungkook roll his eyes.

"You should be thankful I can keep up with your madness. I still don't understand why you don't want to go to the club opening."

Taehyung put the envelope in his pocket and took out his vape before answering, "I'll drop by if that will make you happy."

"You really should. You should be happy I am your friend. I can already figure out where you are now if not because of me." Jungkook countered before riding back to his car.

Taehyung leaned down and rested his arm on Jungkook's car window. "I have different ways of showing my gratitude, and I know you are aware of that. I'll drop by. Seriously."

"I should see your ass there," Jungkook started the engine and left, leaving Taehyung shaking his head.

"He is very mysterious," Jimin commented. He glanced at the rearview mirror and saw Taehyung vaping from afar. "Is he a college graduate?"

Jungkook smiled thinly. "He is."

"You told me he's living alone. Where are his parents? It must be hard living alone. Is he earning only from drag racing?" Jimin asked curiously. Taehyung had been a mystery to him. He only knew him as Jungkook's best friend and the owner of a car repair shop. But apart from that, everything about him was a mystery.

"Let me say he is a smart guy. He is living alone because he has to. He was a lovechild."

Jimin's mouth formed an 'o'. "So his mom is a single mom? Where's his dad?"

"His parent's story was something you only hear in drama. And I'm not joking when I said that."

Jimin shifted in his seat to give his full attention to Jungkook. He was a sucker for a romantic story. His parents have one.

"He was a child from his mom's first love. He was conceived before his mom married a divorced man his grandfather arranged for her. Taehyung grew up with his father while his mom stayed with her husband. His father died when he was seventeen because of an illness. His mom followed months after. She got sick. Maybe due to sadness. I'm not sure."

Jimin was staring at Jungkook as he listened. Jungkook indeed did not lie when he said it had that drama vibes into it. "That's a sad love story. But a great one. I suddenly feel sad for Taehyung."

Jungkook glanced at Jimin before parking his car in front of the club he was about to open in a few hours. "As I said, Taehyung is a smart guy. All those negative experiences turned into positive ones. You don't know how he works and what he does. And I'm not going to tell you. Come on; I need to look at the bar before it opens."

•••

Jin dialed Jimin's number as he parked his car in front of the club Jimin mentioned he was in. Jimin did not pick up the phone so Jin decided to message his brother before walking in.

He was amazed at how calm the mood was inside the 'club'. Jazz music was playing in the background and there were several people inside, drinking wine while chatting. As Jimin described what the club was going to be like. He thought club meant party and party meant loud music. Surprisingly, the place was the contrary.

Jin sat down at the bar, tapping his fingers on the counter as he typed his location and sent it to Jimin. His eyes wandered around, trying to spot Jimin. Instead, he ended up liking the classic interior of the place.

"Hi." Jin smiled at the barista who gave him a glass of wine. "Is there some kind of a private room here? Like for VIPs?"

The barista was kind to nod and pointed to the stairs, "Yes, sir. Upstairs."

Jin looked in the direction where the barista pointed. He thought Jimin might be there. Instead of being nosy, he focused his attention on his mobile phone and tried to read some of his business emails. While answering one that came from the assistant of the investment firm he approved earlier that day, a glass placed in front of him lifted his gaze from his mobile phone.

"I'm sorry, I still have wine."

The barista removed the glass Jin pointed, "Someone wanted to give this wine to you. And this cold cuts and cheese."

Jin looked around to see who probably gave the glass of wine to him. But there were plenty of guests and he wasn't familiar with any of them. He shrugged thinking someone pitied him as he was alone. Or probably, since the bar was on its opening day, someone wanted him to try their wine to make a good impression, "Please send my regards." He smiled at the barista who gave him a thumbs up.

Jin took a sip and his brow raised immediately, "Wow. This is good." He took another sip, "Who gave this?"

The barista shook his head, "I'm not allowed to say that."

"Jin!"

Jin turned his head and saw Jimin walking towards him with a familiar guy walking behind.

"This is--"

"Jungkook. I know. Of course. Hoseok didn't tell me you're opening a wine bar? It's gorgeous!" Jin said.

Jungkook coughed before clearing his throat. While scratching the back of his head, "Well, this isn't mine alone. I mean, you know..."

"You have a partner? Partners?"

Jungkook nodded, "Kind of. Did you enjoy the wine? Yoongi is upstairs."

Jin's mouth formed an 'o'. He looked at the glass of wine in his hand, assuming that the wine came from Yoongi, his best friend's husband. Probably, Yoongi didn't want him to tell Hoseok that he was there. "Right. I'm sorry Jungkook but we cannot stay long. My husband wouldn't like it once he learned I'm not at home."

Jungkook smiled. He knew Namjoon well as they were neighbors. "I understand. Jimin told me too. I hope you enjoy your short stay and will come back soon."

"Of course. By the way, this wine is really good! Congratulations! Good luck with your business."

•••
AN

I know this is a slow-updating book but I'm currently inspired to write a chapter. Enjoy!

-i-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 61.9K 43
" Wtf is wrong with you, can't you sleep peacefully " " I-Its pain..ning d-down there, I can't...s-sleep " " JUST SLEEP QUIETLY & LET ME ALSO SLEEP...
814K 32.6K 38
On that fateful Halloween night, Lily and James survived while Voldemort apparently 'marked' Harry Potter as his equal. Aria Potter, twin sister of...
124K 7.3K 90
"Great news! Wei WuXian has died!" "Wait- WHAT?!" "But I'm still here." The juniors (Lan Sizhui, Lan Jingyi, Jin Ling, and Ouyang Zizhen) accidentall...
82K 2.4K 38
Francesca Astor came to Love Island to find her soulmate, and once she sets her eyes on him, she's never letting go. Rob Rausch x Fem!oc #1 robertrau...