ShadowCat And The X-Men(Book...

Autorstwa Evane15

Humans always had the need to interact with each other and make relationships. But truth is, relationships a... Więcej

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 2

53 4 2
Autorstwa Evane15

One day had passed since the car incident and today was the first day of school.

How great ... I thought sarcastically in my head.

All the students were gathered at the gym to meet the new principal.
Scott was somewhere with his friend Paul; Jean was also somewhere with Duncan. Kurt and Evan along with Bobby, Roberto, Jubilee and Sam were sitting at the back of the bleachers. I had lost Rogue in the crowd. James, Ray and Rahne where in the middle and I had no idea where Tabitha was.

Was she even here? 

While I was with Amara, she wanted to sit at the very front at the lower seats, so I accompanied her.

Surprisingly the brotherhood was also here, standing against the wall next to the entrance of the gym. Well, Lance, Pietro and Blob were leaning against the wall, while Todd was chasing flies around.

Yuck.

I could see Lance stare at me and I decided to confront him about it. I stared back at him raising an eyebrow and he immediately looked away.
He has been acting like that for a long while actually. 

Anyway don't know what had gotten in to him.

(Third person point of view) 

"Man, even the flies think they’re better than us!" Todd complained as he wasn't able to catch any flies.

"Yeah, I don't even know what we're doing at school anyway," Fred said as Todd came to lean against the wall between Fred and Pietro.

Pietro immediately jumped in the conversation, using Fred's comment as a chance to tease and maybe get his dear friend to finally make a move.

"Yeah, but we know what Lance is doing here. He would like to get a certain Kitty stuck in a tree," he said making Fred and Todd to laugh but also making Lance pissed.

"K-I-S-S-I..-" Pietro started singing, but was cut off by Lance trying to smack his shoulder, but Pietro quickly rushed away, laughing as Todd got hit instead.

Oh, come on, Pietro thought.

This should have been enough to trigger Lance.

He thought and as Lance began walking away from them and towards Kathryn his smile widened.

"Yes!" Pietro whisper yelled to himself.

Yes, baby I did it again, aren't I awesome? He thought to himself.

(Kathryn's point of view) 

Lance suddenly began walking up to me, he climbed up the bleachers, shoving the guy who sat behind me away and sat at his place instead.

"Hey, Kitty! Didn't see you there," he said innocently and placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Oh, look! It's the walking Richter scale. Shouldn't you be erupting somewhere?" I said, knocking his hand away from my shoulder.

I turned to look at the brotherhood and then at Amara, they were all laughing.

I just rolled my eyes at the brotherhood and watched as the new principal walked inside.

"And now everyone! Let's give a warm Bayville high welcoming to our new principal! Edward Kelly and his son, Jacob Kelly," a teacher said and we clapped.

I didn't really care who was the new principal as long as they were not Mystique, we’d be good. 

Suddenly the earth beneath the principal shook, making him lose his balance and grab onto the teacher that made the announcement, causing them both to crash to the floor.

I couldn't help but burst out laughing, even though I knew exactly whose fault that was.

"Hey, kitten, Wanna see some real shaking?" He whispered into my ear and my eyes widened.

"Lance don't - " I began, but it was too late. He had already started another earthquake, a more violent one, causing the score board that was hanging just above the principle to collapse.

Edward Kelly screamed as the board was just inches away from crashing him, but the board changed direction last minute and was thrown farther away into the gym. 

Jean.

I thought and glanced at her.
She was clenching her head. She did it.

Then I turned to Lance.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I whispered to him anger clear in my voice as I turned back around not letting him reply.

Amara was looking between me and Lance in confusion and I didn't blame her. The new students aren't familiar with the brotherhood and our relationships with them yet.

"Is Bayville on a landmine?" Edward Kelly asked, attempting to relive the tension, making many students laugh. 

"Anyways, I want to welcome you to a new school year. I know that filling the void of your previous principal Ms. Darkholme won't be an easy task, but it's a challenge which I am looking forward to face and that brings me to what I hope would be theme of the upcoming semester meeting!”

“New challenges, you know, most of us go through life thinking that we are not so different from the people around us, that's a mistake. Because I am sure that each one of you has a hidden talent, that makes them stand out from the ground," he said and I looked at my teammates.

Are we sure this guy isn't Mystique?

"However, I want your second priority to be supporting the Girls Soccer team for the championship! And that means I want everyone here to turn up tonight for the big pre-game pep rally! Can we count on you!?" The principle shouted in excitement and all the students began cheering for the team.

-Time Skip- 
(Third point of view) 

Scott was waiting with Bobby and Roberto on his convertible for Kathryn and Amara to arrive so they could drive home. He kept looking at his watch as time passed, the girls still weren't there.

"What are we waiting for again?" Bobby asked, kind of bored.

"For the sixth time Bobby, we are waiting for Kathryn and Amara," Scott explained yet again. He was a bit concerned for the girls. It wasn’t like them to be late.

"Hey Amanda! Have you seen Kathryn?" Scott asked a girl from Kathryn's and Kurts math class. She was an African American girl, with straight brown hair and brown eyes. She was known for being very kind and caring, and always up to assist anyone who needed help.

"No, sorry. I could help you look for her if you’d like?" Amanda offered, but Scott shook his head with a smile.

"No, Amanda, thank you" Scott said and the girl nodded.

"Alright, but if you still can't find her give me a call, ok?" Amanda said walking away and Scott nodded.

"Here they come!" Roberto shouted smiling as he saw Amara walk to them.

Suddenly Bobby stood up and started waving his hands.

"Hey Amara!" Yelled Roberto trying to get Amara to notice him.

"Hi," she said back, smiling shyly and got at the back of the car with the guys.

"What took you so long?" Bobby asked as he got comfortable on his seat.

"Kathryn. She was arguing with a guy, she told me to go ahead and that she will meet me here," Amara explained and Scott grew wary.

"What guy?" Scott asked, getting out of the car, ready to come to the rescue if Kathryn was with the guy he thought she was.

"One of the brotherhood guys, Lance, I think," she said and Scott clenched his teeth.

"Where are they?" He asked in a rush.

"Em ..," Amara pointed at the direction taken aback by Scott's reaction.

"Wait here," he said and Bobby groaned in frustration.

"We are never getting home!" Bobby said. Roberto rolled his eyes and Amara laughed slightly.

(Kathryn's point of view) 

I was walking out of the gym, but Lance pulled me aside to talk.
We ended up in front of his green Jeep, with the brotherhood in it enjoying our fight.

I told Amara to leave, I didn't want to get her into this.

Was he really trying to apologize about the score board or was he just trying to get on my nerves?

"Lance, just forget it!" I yelled, getting frustrated. He was overdoing the situation. It's not like he hasn't done similar things before. What was the big deal about this one? 

"I said I was sorry, come on, don't be mad!" He said with that smirk on his face which made it hard for me to sympathize with him.

"Come on, kitten," he repeated and his friends laughed out loud, making me glare at them.

Well Fred and Todd laughed, Pietro face palmed which confused me, but who the fuck knows what's in this guy's head.

I can't believe I even though Lance wanted to apologize. He was just trying to annoy me as always. 

"Lance, you can be such an asshole sometimes!" I snapped and tried to walk away, but he quickly grabbed my wrist. 

This time his touch was different, he wasn't pulling me sharply or having a deadly grip on me. He was holding me gently and just enough so I wasn't able to get away.

"Alvers! Leave her alone!" Scott said coming to the rescue as usual.

He walked close to us and I phased my hand out of Lance's and heard Lance gasp in surprise.

"Hey! Go charge your batteries, goggle boy. This is between me and her!" Lance yelled pointing at himself and me.

"Yeah, and now it's between you and me," Scott said and I stood between the boys.

Scott pulled his glasses down just enough so Lance was able to see the sparkle of his eyes behind them.

I started to get worried as both boys were mad and ready to start a fight.
Lance pushed me out of the way surprisingly gently and then shoved Scott back harshly.

"Come on, Summers! Take your best Shot! Let's see those eyes blasting me to the fence. Right here, right now!" Lance yelled and a crowd of people formed around us.

I saw Scott's arm trembling on his glasses. I couldn’t believe it, he was actually considering Lance's challenge.

I had to stop this.

"Scott, don't let him bait you, he knows we can't do stuff like that in the open," I said, getting ahold of Scott's hand and pulling it away from his glasses softly.

Scott and I glanced at the brotherhood and Lance, who crossed his arms proudly having proven his point and gotten the reaction he expected out of Scott.

"Come on Kathryn," Scott said sighing in defeat.

He placed his hand over my shoulder protectively and pulled me away. I could hear the brotherhood laugh at us as we walked away.

Don't let him get to you.

I said repeatedly in my head, but I just couldn't get Lance out of my mind.

-Time Skip- 

Here we are, at Jean's soccer game.

The whole school has come to support the team and the whole institute has come to support Jean. Well, except for Logan and Ororo, they said they had something to do at home which they didn't specify.

The cheerleaders were now at the field performing their dance and cheering for Bayville.

"Here we have Taryn Fujioka!" Said the announcer and Taryn, Jean's best friend and teammate, ran into the field.

"And Bayville's star, Jean Grey!" Exclaimed the announcer and Jean walked into the field with a wide smile waving at us.

We all stood up, clapping and cheering for Jean. We take support very seriously in our team, that's why we are dressed in the schools’ signature colors, red and yellow, or wearing shirts that wrote Bayville.

"Go Jean!" I screamed, hugging Scott and Rogues shoulders from behind.

"Yeah, Jean!" Evan screamed after me.

"Jeannnn!!!!!!" Kurt screamed into my ear.

"Jean Grey!" Yelled Bobby through a megaphone he brought with him.

"Jean! Jean!" We all together yelled in sync, still standing. Some of us were waving, some were clapping, or even whistling. 

"Go Bayville!!!" Rahne screamed and jumped on Roberto's back, who was caught by surprise and gasped, but was still able to hold her.

We all laughed at them.

"Bayville! Bayville!" We began shouting again and I saw Jean smiling widely at us.

The principle walked into the field with a microphone, causing us to calm down and sit down.

"With appreciation for the team spirit that has brought us to tonight's championship game. We would like to present our school mascot, The Bayville Hawk!" The principal said and pointed at a huge golden Hawk statue with fire in its wings.

Fireworks were fired in the air in multiple colors and Jubilee stood up clapping. 

"That's what I call a show!" She yelled smiling and we laughed.

"Now! Let the game begin!" Shouted Edward Kelly as he walked out of the field and the match started.

Everything was going great until I heard his fucking voice.

"Excuse me folks," Lance said though the speakers of the announcer catching everyone's attention.

"Hey can I have your attention up here?" He said and I looked up to find him standing alongside the brotherhood on top of the announcer building.

Lance was holding a microphone that was obviously connect to the speakers .

"Lance?!" I yelled standing up in shock.

"What is he up to?" Scott asked standing up as well.

Everyone in the field even the players had stopped the game to watch the brotherhood.

"My name is Lance but I also call myself Avalanche," he said and I snapped out of my shocking state.

I grabbed the megaphone out of Bobby's hands and turned it on as Bobby looked at me in confusion.

"Nice to meet you! Get the fuck down now!" I yelled through the megaphone which made almost everyone in the field to give me weird looks. Lance laughed at my reaction and continued unbothered.

"And I am a Mutant," he said and I handed the megaphone back to to Bobby who stared blankly at the brotherhood with the same look as every one of us had.

Anger and desperation mixed together.

He didn't... He didn't just throw all our efforts to keep our mutations a secret out of the fucking window.

Four single words to destroy everything.

I am a Mutant.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

8.1K 140 11
An X-men and Alex Summers x fem!oc book, meaning I make a character, you play them, your love interest is Alex Summers and this story takes place in...
664K 14.3K 36
The lives of the twins Brielle and Clary Fray take a 360° turn when they decide to go to the Pandemonium club in NYC for their 18th birthday. They bo...
1.2K 22 10
Peter and Kitty are finally together, they had their first date, now all they have to do is survive the rest of their crazy lives, but that could be...
3K 153 31
The story talks about a defensive, aggressive and lonely girl, Kathryn Pryde, who has lost hope in humanity.But under her cold expression, there is a...