Lover Of Mine (paused)

By Remuslupinisking

Darling, that you will stay Butterfly lies Chase them away Hmm Dance around the living room Lose me in the si... More

Cast
Aesthetics
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15.1
15
16

13

3.2K 96 14
By Remuslupinisking

1x13 Girl meets Flaws

Reggie and Everleigh meet their flaws

History Class

"Graduation and awards night is coming  up. I am very proud of this class" Everleigh smiled at her dad from his desk chair which she took over.

Cory was not complaining about and he didn't stop her either.

"Several of you will be recognized for your achievements throughout the year"

Maya jumped up from her chair "Awards are a scam!  A girl like me never had a chance, Matthews. Never had a chance" Everleigh smiled at her favorite blonde in amusement. 

The watched as the blue eyed girl looked at her twin through the corner of her eye. "All right ill do it, but it's ridiculous." Riley said before slamming her hands on her desk and standing up "It's a scam Matthews! She never had a chance."

Reggie laughed silently his hazel green eyes shining with humor.

Cory walked towards the Blonde's desk "Maya will be receiving the Griff Hawkins Totally cool award." The class clapped as she sat back down, her sibling figures looked at her with proud looks.

"Maya you just found out you won the totally cool award, yet you just sit there" Riley said while Everleigh and Reggie's eyebrows furrowed at their smiles turned into frowns when they noticed their little genius wasn't sitting behind her.

"Oh you're being cool" Riley realized as Everleigh pulled out her phone keeping it out of her dad's eyesight and opening up her messages.

My Child 🧠

Leigh 🎤

Hey are you Ok, what's wrong i don't see you at school

My Child 🧠

Yeah I'm ok just sick

Everleigh knew Farkle was lying, that boy did everything in his power to not get sick and normally she wouldn't push people bit she knew that something was wrong and she wasn't going to let Farkle suffer in silence alone.

My Child 🧠

Leigh🎤

I know your not Sick and i know you're not at home Farkle, where are you. I'll come to you and don't you dare tell me you're fine and don't need me to come, I'm coming whether or not you want to me to, your my best friend.

My Child🧠

Ok, Ok I'm at the computer lab, but your in class how do you expect to get to me before after class

Leigh🎤

You underestimate me Genius, i have my way, I'll be there it 10 minutes tops

My Child🧠

Oh boy, Ok

Everleigh looked up just Cory says "And our two finalists for the scholar athlete award are...Lucas Friar..." The class clapped, Reggie and Everleigh giving proud smiles "And Billy Ross"

More clapping sounded.

Leigh blocked out the boys looking over at her dark haired brunette before motioning him over, he looked over at Cory seeing his back turned before getting up and making his way towards the brown eyed girl.

He leaned down so he was crouched down by her, she leaned forward and said "Farkle's here he's just not in class, something is wrong. I just need to leave and go to him" Reggie nodded before waving Cory over, the curly haired man walked over to his oldest and her best friend.

"I have to go to the bathroom dad, can I go?" she asked and he nodded before she smiled at him and got up "Reggie take my spot" he nodded and sat down as Cory walked away she leaned down towards the boy "If I'm not back before the bell rings meet me in the computer lab." he nodded and she pressed a kiss to his cheek before leaving the room.

Speed walking, Everleigh opened the door to the computer lab, seeing Farkle sitting at the computer with a headset on, seemingly just finishing saying something.

"Farkle" The brunette called out softly and the lighter brunette turned, his eyes filling with tears that he willed not fall, but unfortunately one escaped and slid down his cheek. Leigh's eyes softened and she rushed over to him placing her hands on his cheeks before he threw his arms around her waist, resting his head against her stomach.

Everleigh raised her arms and let one hand fall to cup the back of his neck and rub soothing circles on it while the other hand fell to rest on his head.

"Oh my sweet, sweet genius what's wrong? Why are you crying?" she murmured softly as he sniffled, his voice was soft and hoarse as he spoke heavy and full of sadness. "He told me I was nothing a freak and that I didn't deserve to be friends with you and Reggie"

Everleigh froze as she heard him say that, her blood started to boil but she pushed it down "who did Farkle?" she asked softly but firmly as he pulled back and she let her hands fall to gently grip his face once more.

He opened his mouth about to say the name but stopped short and shut his mouth before shaking his head.

'I can't tell leigh she'll probably go ballistic' he thought

"Farkle you listen to me and you listen good ok, i am your best friend not because of how you look, not because of your brain. I am your best friend because of your personality the way you see things differently, you are not nothing, you are my brother, my best friend and you are most definitely not a freak, You are Farkle Minkus future genius of the world ok?" she kneeled down to look him in the eye "And let me tell you something, this guy, this guy that knows nothing about you and has to tell you stuff like that is probably jealous of you because he has something you don't and he want's to get inside your head by telling  you all of this stuff he isn't worth your tears" she wiped his tears away.

Farkle looked up at her and smiled a little "Thanks Leigh that actually made me feel a little better" She kissed his forehead "No problem" she smiled before he stood up grabbed his bag and they both walked out of the room where they were met with Maya, Reggie, Lucas and Riley standing there.

"Hey guys" Everleigh smiled before throwing her arm around Farkle's shoulder. He melted into it, Farkle knows it may seem childish but because Everleigh is always in his corner he feels the most comfort from her. And right now that's what he desperately craves.

"You wanna tell us what's going on here buddy?" Lucas asked.

"Are you my buddy?" Farkle furrowed his eyebrows and Everleigh gave Reggie a look as he bumped her subtly and he nodded a sad smile taking over his face.

"What?"

"Spill it Farkle" Maya tilted her head

"Somebody made fun of my turtlenecks" Farkle said, telling part of the truth to the blonde not wanting her to go ballistic as well because one thing Maya got from being friends with Leigh for so long is her protectiveness for her friends.

"Your turtlenecks?" Riley asked

"Yeah somebody said they make me weird" Everleigh looked at him sadly before comfortingly squeezing his shoulder.

"You are weird" Maya said bluntly, nodding her head slightly.

"She doesn't mean that"

"Sure I do. He knows he is. He embraces it." Maya smiled, Reggie and Everleigh both knew she didn't mean any harm in saying it.

"But you already know that, Farkle" Maya smiled at him "That's what makes you unique."

"What good is being unique if somebody knows you're really not?" Farkle asked and Everleigh and Reggie both felt tears filling their eyes at how lowly their best friend was talking about himself.

Farkle walked away and Everleigh blinked watching him walk away as a tear rolled down her face.

🌎

History Class

"Gandhi. What'd he do?"

Everleigh wanted to be able to pay attention to her father's lesson but she couldn't help feeling sad about the desk that was empty next to her.

Reggie watched the desk in sadness as well, he couldn't understand why someone was bullying his bestfriend just because he's different from others.

"Freed Ireland" Maya said earning small amused smiles from her sibling figures.

"Try again" Cory smiled as Everleigh tapped her nails on the desk softly

"Freed Ireland" That earned quiet laughs from the dark haired best friends.

"Freed india" Cory informed

"Before or after he freed Ireland?" Maya asked

Cory moved down the board pointing at a new poster "Jackie Robinson. What'd he do?"

"First irish guy to play in the major leagues after Gandhi freed 'em" Everleigh and Reggie rolled their eyes.

"I-I quit" Cory stuttered shrugging his shoulders.

"But you can't quit sir" Leigh and Reggie heard from the machine on Farkle's desk.

"And you need to be in my class Farkle" Cory said "How long are you gonna be out sick?" Reggie and Everleigh both knew that Farkle never got sick.

"Don't know" Farkle fake coughed. "Pretty bad cold sir"

"Okay, feel better"

Everleigh tapped her foot against the floor anxiously. Reggie watched her sadly as Cory moved down the board "What about her?"

"That's Malala" Riley answered "The Taliban doesn't think that women should be educated. She stood up to them and became the first teenager ever to be nominated for a Nobel peace prize."

"Sometimes the world presents you with opportunities to show who you really are. Will you have courage to stand up to someone who tries to take your spirit away?"

Riley and Everleigh both looked at Farkle's desk before Riley stood up "May I be excused?"

"For what?"

"The world has presented me with an opportunity." She simply said before walking out of them room.

A few Minutes later, Lucas, Maya, Reggie and Everleigh looked at each other before the four of them nodded and left the class in search of Riley and Farkle, Lucas went towards the janitors closet before opening the door.

"Somebody told Farkle that he doesn't deserve us as friends." Riley told them as they walked in and Everleigh and Reggie's blood started to boil.

"Who" Maya asked

"It's not important" Farkle said quickly

"It's the most important thing in the world." Maya said, growing angrier by the minute.

"Maya I will find them ourselves and I'd hate to be him when we do" Everleigh seethed and Lucas looked at her shocked, he's seen her angry before because of Ethan but he's never seen her this angry before.

Maya and Everleigh stormed towards the door before Lucas grabbed Maya and Reggie grabbed Leigh, lifting them both off the ground.

"Are we there yet" Maya asked as Reggie placed Everleigh on the ground wrapping his arms around her waist in a firm grip "Calm down Darling, I know your angry believe me I'm angry too but you beating someone up and getting suspended is not going to solve anything" he whispered as she inhaled deeply before breathing out. "Are you calm now Darling" she nodded as he pressed a kiss to her temple.

Lucas put Maya down, both of them moving over to the side to be across from Farkle and Riley.

"Farkle don't let what anybody says get to you" The Texan said. "That's what gives them power"

"Why are you my friend?" Farkle asked Lucas

"What is it with that?" Lucas asked

"Farkle.. would you just come back to class." Riley asked

"Pippi longstockings is right, I, Janitor Harley Keiner , was in my youth a school meanie. And someone you all know and love was often the target of my shenanigans. But his will was so strong, it changed the nature of our relationship forever." Everleigh and Reggie smiled knowing who he was talking about.

"In fact he even got me this job, and now I hold him in the highest esteem." Cory walked into the Janitor's closet.

"Hey, Johnny Baboon!" Harley smiled making the dark haired children smirk.

"Johnny Baboon?" Maya, Lucas, Farkle and Riley chorused in unison.

"You promised me!"

"Oops"

"Farkle you're here" Cory walked towards him "are you okay?"

"I'm fine sir" Farkle lied

"Good then I'll see you in my class tomorrow morning."

"Yes sir"

The six of them left the closet.

Riley's bedroom

"This is a very special place to us, Lucas." Riley smiled at the boy sitting in her bay window.

"This is where Riley and I figure out our most important stuff." Maya said.

"Do you ever talk about me here?" Lucas asked as Reggie and Leigh watched in amusement.

"What do i do now?" Riley asked leaning into Maya. "I don't know what to do"

"Start over and move on" Maya advised

"This is a very special place to us Lucas."

"Do you ever talk about me here?" Lucas asked again.

"You gave me bad advice" Riley pouted.

"Well I appreciate you having me here. Whatever Farkle's dealing with, he shouldn't have to go through it alone." Reggie and Everleigh who sat on Riley's bed nodded in agreement.

"I want my Farkle back. We're not a good without him. If you tell him I said that, I will jack you up son." Maya told Lucas.

Cory came into the room "Ah the brain trust. You guys have one day to figure this out and fix Farkle or else you come to an adult. You understand me."

"Yes Sir" Lucas said

"Yes Dad" the twins said

"Yes Mr. Matthews."

"Yes Cory"

Cory walked out of the room, shutting the door behind him.

"If we could just find out who this guy was, then i know you'd take care of him" Maya gestured to Lucas.

"What? Beat him up?" Lucas asked

"Maya, all those people on the blackboard never became like the people who were attacking them by resorting to their methods. It's just not the first response of an intelligent person."

There was a beat of Silence before the Cory opened the door "Get out" he all but growled at Lucas.

Cory ran towards the bay window as Lucas climbed out, pulling chuckles of amusement from Leigh and Reggie.

Cory ended up pulling Lucas' shoe off his foot.

"That--That felt really good" Cory smiled.

Riley grabbed the boot from her dad's hands before holding it against her chest earning a look from him.

🌎

Gym Class

"Where's Farkle?" Maya asked Lucas as he Reggie finished tying their gym shoes while Leigh was tightening her ponytail.

"I thought he said he wasn't gonna miss anymore classes" Lucas turned towards them.

"Then why haven't we seen him?" Maya asked

Billy started jogging over "Oh hey man, Baseball after school, Reggie, Everleigh you guys too?" Everleigh shook her head.

"Oh I don't think we're gonna make it. Our buddy's still being hassled and we wanna be there for him" Lucas smiled.

"Your buddy, you mean Farkle?" Billy asked.

"Yeah nobody's seen him"

"You're better off." Everleigh and Reggie stood up straight clenching their jaw, silently fuming in anger.

"Excuse me?" Lucas asked

"Come on Lucas, Reggie I don't really see Farkle as your guys' buddy." Billy scoffed as Everleigh looked at him with a deathly glare.

"Why not?" Reggie asked glaring at him heatedly and his voice full of anger.

"You don't think he's different than us?"

"What do you mean? Smarter?" Lucas asked "Yeah he's the smartest kid in school, but he doesn't make a big deal about it."

"I mean he does wanna take over the world and everything, but frankly, I'd like to see what he does with it." Lucas mused smiling.

"Lucas, Farkle is a nothing." Everleigh froze as Billy finished the sentence.

And before anyone could stop her she had Billy Pinned against the wall. The group of friends all gasped not expecting her to move so swiftly.

"Your the one telling my best friend, no I'm sorry. My Brother that he is nothing?! Why would you do that to such a sweet boy like him, when he's done nothing to you?" she said angrily.

"I don't know. Cause he's a guy like him." Billy looked down at her "You wanna let me go now?" she shook her head slowly. "You're the nothing Billy!" she got louder as she pushed him more into the wall.

"Cookie Don't" Maya and Riley walked closer to Everleigh before Reggie grabbed the blonde's arm and pulled her towards him "May don't she too angry right now I don't want you hurt" Lucas grabbed Riley as well.

Reggie and Lucas watched the dark haired beauty worriedly.

"No, Maya. I love you, you know I do but he deserves this. I'm not going to hurt him even though he deserves it."

"What, you scared to hit me, freak?" Everybody looked towards Billy as the name came out of his mouth.

Reggie squinted, passing Maya to Riley and Lucas as he approached the boy "What did you just call her?" he got in Billy's face "Say. It. Again. I dare you"

Billy smirked "A freak, no girl should be that strong, she's a freak, she's freakishly strong"

"Me being strong has nothing to do with how you treated Farkle."

Reggie moved to punch Billy but Maya jumped on his back "No! That's what he wants, He wants you to be like him"

Reggie huffed and walked towards Riley with his right hand clutched in Everleigh's and Maya on his back still.

"You see, Reggie and Lucas are like me. We live in a cloud of awesomeness, remember. Handshake?" Reggie shook his head "I don't live in anything with you and I'm nothing like you, neither is Lucas."

"I don't like you like this" Lucas pointed at Billy. "This isn't the Billy I know, and I wanna know why and I wanna know now."

"Would you please get off my back May?" Reggie murmured and the blonde nodded before getting down and grabbing Reggie's other hand.

"Come on Man the Billy you know is your teammate, yours too Reggie, Everleigh and that comes way before whatever these guys are to you." Billy answered Lucas.

"These Guys" Riley asked looking at Billy in disbelief.

"Boy are you wrong. These guys are our friends...all the time, not just on the field." Lucas answered.

"You couldn't be anymore wrong Billy, that we would chose you over our family" Everleigh said still looking at the boy with a glare.

"How are you guys even friends with that little guy?" Billy asked the three oldest friends.

"Because we can depend on him, Because he's the most loyal person I've ever met. Because he's our best friend." Lucas listed off.

"You really mean that?" They all heard Farkle ask from somewhere. The two dark haired best friends looked around in confusion before they walked over and saw him on one of the ropes.

"Your my best friend too Lucas!" the boy genius smiled at the Texan "And you two are my siblings" he smiled at the dark haired best friends who gave a smile right back.

"Farkle how'd you get up there? I thought you couldn't climb the ropes?" Lucas asked.

"I can't! but in desperate situations, apparently I can fly!"

Hurriedly Reggie and Everleigh helped Maya and Riley grab the mats and place them down for Farkle to land on.

"You really don't wanna be friends with a goofball like that?" Lucas asked Billy.

"Not really no" They heard Billy faintly answer.

"let me ask you something. What's wrong with you?'

"There's nothing wrong with me" Billy denied as the group of four grabbed the last mat and placed it down.

"I've never actually seen you hang out with anybody that isn't on the team"

"Dude whatever. I don't need this" Billy held his hand out.

"You don't? Too bad. Because friends like Farkle don't just fall out of thin air"

Farkle fell onto the mats.

"You can have him. You'll figure out sooner or later that they're not us."

"Who's 'us'?" Lucas asked.

Billy walked away or tried to before Janitor Harley stopped him "Nice. That's exactly the way i used to think. Now here i am...with a mop." Billy walked away.

"Okay we're done. It's all over." Maya said as Reggie and Everleigh helped Farkle off the mat. "Nothing more to do except carry on with our simple middle-school lives." Maya said and Reggie and Everleigh knew Riley would want to do something and this time they weren't against it.

"Except..." Maya trailed off spinning her arms and pointing at Riley.

"What are we gonna do about Billy?"

"Riley you can't fix everything." Maya said

Riley looked at Maya, the blonde nodding her head from side to side "Ok, go ahead"

The girls walked away.

Farkle looked at his three best friend "I almost died"

Lucas patted him on the shoulder, throwing his arm around it "We know buddy" he said as Reggie slid his arm around Leigh's waist and the four of them walked out of the gym.

🌎

Everleigh and Reggie sat across from Maya and Riley at the Kitchen table.

"I don't even think Billy thinks he did anything wrong." Riley said.

"Yeah. Where's that come from?" Maya asked

"Girls at this age, you're just finding out who you are. I mean, people don't usually walk around wearing signs that tell you." Cory smiled

The door opened and Ava, Auggie's girlfriend walked in "Here i am!"

Everleigh chuckled slightly after seeing her shirt said 'Spoiled Rotten'.

Everleigh loves Ava but her shirt could not be more accurate.

"Oh, what do i know?" Cory threw his hands up shaking his head.

"Where's my brekkie?" Ava asked walking towards the table letting the door swing shut.

"Oh Joy" Topanga smiled

"And none of that toaster pastry everyone knows that's a shortcut Topanga" Ava shook her head as Reggie and Everleigh ate some of their fruit out of their bowls.

Maya picked up her pop tart "Why don't you love us?" she pouted.

Ava and Topanga walked towards each other.

"Uh-oh" Riley spoke as they watched the two.

Topanga picked Ava up and kissed her cheek. "What was that for?" the little blonde asked.

"Never change, Ava" Topanga smiled

"You know, if you ever wanted to kiss me again, i wouldn't stop you" Ava smiled shaking her head

"You be exactly who you are, Ava. You wear it proudly." Topanga sat her down on the seat next to Everleigh "Evi!" Ava said happily hugging the brunette around the waist "Good morning Avs" she smiled at the blonde returning the hug.

"Was that for my benefit mom?" Riley smiled

"How ya doin'"

Maya looked at Riley "Riley you can't fix everything"

Riley gave her a look.

"Ok go ahead"

History Class

Cory walked into the class and saw all of his students with words on their foreheads in marker. Except one.

Billy Ross.

"What's going on?" Cory asked.

Darby who had the word 'Tattletale' on her forehead said "Riley made us write on our heads!"

"Riley?" Cory asked his youngest daughter

"Insecure" Riley pointed to her forehead. "It's always mattered more to me what my friends think about me than what i think."

"Maya?" Cory asked the blonde

"When i own it, it doesn't make me feel so bad." She pointed to her forehead which said 'Broken'.

"Good" Cory smiled

"Ever?" Cory asked his oldest.

Everleigh pointed to her Forehead which read 'Overprotective'

"I'm overprotective of the people i care about and sometimes i get too  angry and can't control it"

"Good" Cory leaned on his desk

"So before someone can use our own flaws against us, maybe it would help us to admit we all have 'em."

Billy stood up from his desk, walking towards the door.

"You going somewhere, Mr. Ross?" Cory asked

Billy stopped and looked at him "Trying to be invisible?" cory asked

"Believe me. It doesn't help" Farkle spoke up, before pushing his hair up to expose the word 'Nothing' on his forehead.

"You know Billy" Cory started, standing up from his desk "You seem to be the only one here not wearing a flaw" Cory said  "Do you not have any?"

"Well, none i know of" Billy shrugged

"What made you treat Farkle the way you did?" Maya asked.

"Yeah. We never thought of you this way, Billy." Riley said.

"I always thought of you as a good guy." Lucas said

"Look i like people who are...." Billy trailed off "Like me. Is that a flaw? Because i don't think so."

"Yes" everyone said

"You don't think i know i'll never be a genius freak like you? I shouldn't make fun of that?" Billy asked

"No" Everyone said

"Stop making me feel bad" Billy scoffed "I already feel bad enough you got such great friends. And that makes me feel...I don't know is there a word for that?" he asked

"You're Jealous" Riley supplied "But you're Billy Ross"

"Yeah" Billy scoffed "I'm Billy Ross. Jealous of you? of him? Because this little guy doesn't need to hit a baseball to...have friends? To be best friends with the prettiest girl in the school?" he looked at Everleigh who looked back at him with no facial expression.

Everleigh does not forgive Billy for calling her a freak or bullying her brother.

"Does that sound like Jealousy to you?" He outstretched his hand "Let me see that"

Riley handed him the Marker and he walked towards Farkle, handing him the marker. Farkle stood up and wrote 'Jealous' on his forehead

"Welcome to the team" Riley smiled

"Thanks, glad to be here." He sat back down in his seat

"We're all human beings. We're all on the same team. And if we sense our own flaws because we see them in others...it's true friends who help us wipe them away." Cory handed Riley the wipe took out of the container.

Riley wiped away Maya's flaw and Maya wiped Riley's away.

Billy got up and grabbed a wipe before wiping away Farkle's Flaw "I'm sorry Farkle. Any friend of Lucas, Reggie and Everleigh's should be a friend of mine"

"Thanks want me to get rid of yours?" Farkle asked him

"No, I just got mine. I think I'd better try to understand it a little bit more."

Reggie grabbed a wipe, wiping away Leigh's flaw and Everleigh smiled grabbing a wipe and wiping his away which read 'Overthinker'

Farkle jumped up from his desk "Can we do the handshake?"

"Dude. You think your ready for the handshake?" Billy asked the genius

"I'm so ready for the handshake" Farkle said confidently

They did the handshake perfectly

"Well i don't understand anything." Billy said before sitting down again

Lucas got up and walked towards Cory "Mr. Matthews?"

"Mr. Perfect?" Cory asked pulling smiles from Everleigh and Reggie

"Will my friend be all right?"

Janitor Harley walked through the door, walking straight towards Farkle. "I believe these belong to you" Harley placed a pile of Farkle's turtlenecks on his desk.

"Thanks Janitor Harley" Farkle smiled

Harley went to leave but stopped next to Cory, he grabbed his shoulders "This is Mr. Matthews." Harley patted him on the back before leaving.

"Yeah. People Change." Cory told Lucas

🌎

"Well we've given out our award for confidence" Cory said before Farkle raised his award earning applause.

"Cool"

"Sup" Maya raised her award

"And we've acknowledged our scholar athlete."

Lucas leaned forward in his seat "Jealous?" He asked Billy

"Yeah, but I'm working on it"

"Musically gifted" Everleigh raised her award

"Artistically gifted" Reggie raised his

'You Ok Riles?" Maya asked "I know getting an award was a big deal for you"

"I'm Ok, Really."

"And know for our final award of the evening the john Quincy Adams spirit award goes to the student with the courage to stand up for what they believe in and changes for the better. Now the award is voted on by the student body, so we have no idea in advance who will win."

Cory opened it "Huh." Cory walked out from behind the podium, he dragged his finger across his forehead "Proud."

He opened the award for the crowd to see "Riley Matthews" the group friends smiled at the tall brunette.

"Maya how do i act cool about this?"

"You? Just be who you are" Maya smiled

Riley stood up from the chair "Yay!"

Everleigh's Nails:

I know that Farkle starts off in the Janitors closet but i thought that Everleigh going to him in the computer lab fit better 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

462K 10.4K 53
Ryan Matthews was older than his twin by six minutes and twenty seconds. Though this never seemed to matter to their parents, as she was the obvious...
757K 18.7K 59
They met on the subway. It wasn't that special to her. But then they meet at school, same classes. Maybe they would be friends? But they just can't k...
4.2K 171 20
Previously called T.I.R.E.D. Riley Matthews was always a happy, bubbly girl, but what happened to her when the love of her life and her best friend...
3K 131 19
Inspired by the song Piece by Piece (by Kelly Clarkson), this story focuses on Maya Hart's life after her father left her and her mother. It will sho...