Rise of Kings and Queens

By lobo1989

The year is 0026 in the United World Century. Esme Cyr and her squad are the new world military leaders. Thei... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Epilogue

Chapter 36

11 2 0
By lobo1989

THE GOLDEN BOY IS BACK!

By L.M.Taurus

12/21/0028 UWC

5 hours before headline

Fyn and a small squad of four approached an airship. Fyn led the squad and among the squad were Jacmel, Renz, Bessy and Chano. Fyn had gotten a tip that high members of Dependency would be departing New Zealand through this particular airship.

Chano had confirmed that the Dependency members were indeed on the ship and now they were waiting on Fyn's order to attack.

"What are we waiting for?" asked Jacmel as they hid behind some crates. "Let's get these bastards."

"Just a minute," said Fyn. "I think that vehicle is coming our way."

"More members of Dependency?" asked Bessy.

"Possibly."

"Does it matter," said Jacmel. "We already confirmed that the ones we want are already on the airship."

"Three Agents of Dependency on the ship," confirmed Chano.

"Wait," said Fyn. "This might be something important."

Jacmel was anxious but stayed down.

The vehicle stopped at the side of the airship. One of the Agents of Dependency came outside to meet their new guest. This Agent was a skinny male that Fyn didn't recognize. Out of the vehicle came someone Fyn did recognize, Julia Cabrera.

"Wait, is that Luka's girlfriend?" asked Renz.

"Yeah," answered Fyn as he watched her hand a suitcase to the Agent.

"Looks like the bitch works for Dependency," said Jacmel. "That some serious oversight on your people's behalf," he said to Fyn.

Fyn didn't say anything as he observed the exchange. The Agent grabbed Julia and pulled her by the arm. The two went inside the airship.

"We don't know what's going on there," said Fyn. "This makes the mission a little tricky."

"How so?" asked Jacmel.

"The girl might be a hostage."

"How do you figure that? She came here on her own and went inside the airship with an Agent of Dependency. They clearly know each other."

"They might be blackmailing her."

"Or she's dating that fucker and you don't want your fellow squadmate looking like he got played."

"Let's get this clear, we are going to do everything possible to bring in Julia Cabrera unharmed. She is a civilian until further notice. Do we have an understanding?"

"Yes sir," said Renz, Bessy and Chano.

Jacmel only glared at Fyn. "There's three Agents of Dependency and you want us to worry about a whore."

Fyn pulled out his club and slammed it in front of Jacmel. "We are taking Julia Cabrera unharmed. Do you understand that?"

"Yes sir," said Jacmel.

"Good," said Fyn. "You will stay here as a lookout while the rest of us go in."

"What? No," said Jacmel. "I'm your best fighter. I'm going in."

"You're staying out here," repeated Fyn. "If the Agents try to escape, I'm going to need you to stop them. With us concentrating on saving Julia, the Agents might escape."

"You want me to stop them by myself?"

"You'll have the element of surprise. Is there a problem with that?"

"No, sir," said Jacmel.

"Good. Don't put yourself in any unnecessary danger."

Jacmel didn't say anything as he made way for his squadmates to pass him and follow Fyn to the airship. Fyn and his squad approached the airship from the side, using the shadows to hide their position. They reached the side of the airship and used the net on its side to climb.

Chano took the lead here and the four climbed to the top. Chano gave the squad the nod to say it was clear on top. They climbed on board and hid behind barrels. There were four men walking around the bridge of the ship. Fyn signaled the group to take them out. They approached the four men at the same time and grabbed them from behind, knocking them out without a sound. They pulled the four men out of plain sight and hid them in the shadows.

Fyn led the men inside the airship where they could hear people talking. They reached the captain's quarters where they found the three Agents of Dependency talking to one another. On a table in front of them was the suitcase Julia brought in and it was opened revealing Luka's arm-cannon.

"So this is the world military's version of my arm-cannon," said Lin Crespo who wore the Agent of Dependency armor, but not the mask. He was about to grab the suitcase until the skinny Agent closed it.

"I got us this arm," said the skinny Agent. "I get credit when we return it to the big boss."

"Who do you think they're going to give that arm-cannon to?" Lin Crespo said to the smaller Agent. "They're going to want me to study it. To see how it compares to my creation."

The skinny Agent grabbed the suitcase. "Well, you have to wait until the boss gives it to you. For now I'll hold on to it."

"You're being fucking ridiculous," said Lin Crespo as he put his hand on the skinny Agent's chest. "And why are you wearing that mask?" Lin Crespo reached to grab the mask but the Agent pulled away.

"I'd rather keep my identity a secret. I don't really trust you."

"I have a question," said Lete, who stood in the corner of the room. "What is she doing here?" Lete pointed at Julia who sat behind the captain's counter.

Fyn hadn't realized Julia was there.

"She's coming with us," said the skinny Agent. "She's my new partner. How do you think I got this big prize?" He raised the suitcase.

A man came crashing through the captain's deck window. It was a member of Dependency and he was in real bad shape. Lin Crespo looked out the window to find out where the person came from and Jacmel came swinging in. He struck Lin Crespo across the face with his club.

A bunch of Dependency members came running from below deck to find out what was going on and ran into Fyn and his squad. Fyn was forced into confrontations with the members of Dependency while Jacmel fought the Agents.

Lete grabbed Julia through the commotion and dragged her into the hall where she bumped into Fyn and his squad. Bessy and Chano went to fight Lete while Fyn and Renz defended themselves against the other members who came in through the hall.

Lete held her own against Bessy and Chano while Julia cowered behind them.

A cannon blast hit the hall, causing everyone to fall back. The skinny Agent entered the hall. He aimed his arm-cannon at Renz and blasted. Fyn tackled Renz to the floor before the blast could connect.

Everyone took the opportunity to make their way to the airship's bridge. The skinny Agent carried the suitcase while Jacmel fought Lin Crespo in the captain's quarters.

Fyn and the rest of the squad followed Dependency to the bridge. Bessy and Chano went after the skinny Agent and Lete while Fyn and Renz were stuck fighting the other members of Dependency.

Julia fell to the floor next to the suitcase that the skinny Agent had dropped.

There was so much chaos going on around them as the skinny Agent would fire his arm-cannon and destroy the airship in the process.

Lin Crespo and Jacmel eventually made their way to the top, both of them bloodied. Lin Crespo fired his arm-cannon and Jacmel jumped out of the way. Jacmel held his sword and saw an opportunity to attack. He rushed through the people and cut down every single person who got in his way. Renz, Bessy and Chano saw what Jacmel was doing and followed suit. They killed every member of Dependency who got in their way.

Jacmel cut a member of Dependency's arm off and used it to throw it at Lin Crespo. Lin Crespo got distracted by the move as Jacmel rushed in. Lin Crespo fired his arm-cannon at the floor, blowing himself back and Jacmel almost fell through the floor. Fyn grabbed him and pulled him up before he could fall below deck.

A tremendous blast went off and Chano was blown across the bridge, a large hole in his chest. Everyone, including the Agents of Dependency, turned to see where the blast came from and saw Julia with Luka's arm-cannon strapped on.

"You bitch," said Bessy as she rushed her.

Fyn cut her off before she could strike, having to use his own blade to block hers. Julia aimed her arm-cannon at them and this time it was Renz who tackled them out of the way before the blast hit them.

Lete grabbed Julia and tried to pull her away when Jacmel confronted them. Jacmel attacked Lete viciously. Lete struggled to block the attacks when she tripped over Julia and they both fell.

The skinny Agent saw an opportunity to sneak off and took it.

Jacmel went for the killing blow when Fyn blocked it with his shield.

"We're supposed to bring them in alive," said Fyn.

"Fuck that," spat Jacmel, pushing his blade forward.

Fyn and Jacmel clashed blades as Lete pulled Julia away.

"Get out of my way!" yelled Jacmel. "They're getting away!"

A blast went off and almost hit Fyn and Jacmel, who were both knocked back. A bloody Lin Crespo aimed his arm-cannon at Fyn, who rolled out of the way and fell below deck.

Fyn got back to his feet and searched for where Lin Crespo stood above deck. The floors above were all falling apart and all Fyn had to do was slam a broken piece of wood where Lin Crespo stood.

Lin Crespo fell through the floor and landed in front of Fyn. Fyn put his blade up to Lin Crepo's face and a foot on his arm-cannon.

"Surrender," said Fyn.

"I surrender," said a bloodied Lin Crespo, letting his body go limp.

Fyn loosened his grip when Jacmel came down and slammed his club on top of Lin Crespo's face, smashing his head in.

Fyn could only watch in horror at the gore in front of him. He turned his sight to Jacmel. Jacmel had a serious look on his face as he raised his hands in the air.

"What did you do?" managed to say Fyn. "He had surrendered."

"I did what had to be done," said Jacmel. "You guys arrested that guy before and he escaped. How many people have died because you didn't put him down in the first place? Everyone who has died after you imprisoned him is on you." Jacmel lowered his hands. "Do you hear me? Chano's life is on you!"

"But this was murder," said Fyn.

"This was justice."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

741 167 45
In the near future, humans have colonized Mars, joined pirates in space, and divided Earth into two vastly different nations: The United Empires and...
214 53 33
BOOK 2 After chaos destroyed, America fell into pandemonium and there was no communication with the U.S. After a pandemic crisis on the East coast, m...
11.1K 129 24
It was the year 2030 and humanity is at its breaking point for the humans but rising for the so call "furrys" that are slowly starting to dominate th...
3.9K 232 30
100 years ago, amidst WW3's nuclear bombing, a deadly virus was released in the atmosphere and nearly wiping out the humanity. It lives inside the hu...