Survivor's Guilt ~ A Marvel S...

De imtired221b

Astrid Odinsdottir, the Goddess of Dreams, is one of five and one of three that live at home on Asgard. She's... Mai multe

~ Cast ~
~1~
~ 2 ~
~ 3 ~
~ 4 ~
~ 5 ~
~ 6 ~
~ 8 ~
~ 9 ~
~ 10 ~
~ 11 ~
~ 12 ~
~ 13 ~

~ 7 ~

23 1 0
De imtired221b

My heart still fluttered with the excitement of leaving the place I was destined never to leave. After meeting Loki in the gardens, we went through a secret passage out of Asgard. The feeling of the world spinning around us as it shifted into a brand-new galaxy was unforgettable. 

Now, the two of us stood in a field of rocks as I had never seen before. Darkness surrounded me and the was sky a palate of dark blues and purples. It was as if we were standing on a planet made just of rocks as Jotunheim was ice. Not far in the distance, there was a building. It was tall and as sleek and dark as onyx. It reflected everything, even things not shining, off of its smooth surface.

"I see you've convinced her," A voice from behind me made me jump. I twisted around and ended up being face to face with a creature that surely crawled out from my nightmares. 

Loki keeps a calm demeanor, obviously having interacted with this man before. 

"Indeed," My brother speaks. "I have."

The creature in front of me was. wearing long black robes lined with thin golden streaks. The dark hood of his robe covered his eyes but his teeth were still visible. They were sharp, and deadly, and his breath was something that could've made a mortal faint. He wore a cage around his face like a muzzle on a dog. I knew immediately that he was not one of high standing. Instead, he worked for someone.

"Perfect," The servant pulled his mouth into something that resembled a smile as he raised a hand. His skin was grey-blue in color and his hand had one too many thumbs. He went to stroke my cheek but I flinched away. Despite, my efforts, he managed to run his unkempt fingers through my white hair. "You will leave as soon as you are ready. You," He turned to me, singling me out. "Will need new attire. I will get my master to accommodate you."

I stared down at what I was wearing, forgetting for a moment. I was still in the champagne pink gown from the dinner. It felt so long ago that Rune and I were sitting at an almost empty table just talking. Since then, I've fed him lies and twisted his thoughts to benefit me. Then, I blushed at the closeness of ourselves. Now, I blush at his thoughts and actions being puppeted by myself.

The man leaves, giving me and Loki a moment alone. I ask who the creature was before Loki can say anything.

"They call him The Other," Loki says, staring in the direction of the building where The Other had disappeared. "He works for a Titan and that," Loki says motioning towards the building that was as large as a fortress. "Is called the Sanctuary." 

Everything here made my skin crawl. The warmth of home no longer surrounded me and I felt as if invisible chains had finally been dissolved. I was free here. I was wanted here. They wouldn't underestimate me here.

The gruff voice appeared behind me again. This time, I knew it was The Other but I had no clue where he'd appeared from. We watched him walk towards the Sanctuary and now he was behind us again. 

"My master wants to meet you," The Other whispers eerily. 

I turn to Loki, concern flashing across my features. He gives me a supportive nod, telling me it's alright. 

When The Other starts walking, I follow him with apprehension trying to pull me back towards my brother. The pebbles felt weird under my slippers that lacked a decent sole. They were for dinner parties not traveling rough terrain.

The doors to the Sanctuary grew massively as we approached them. I geared my head back to look at how far they reached up.

Without having to touch the onyx-colored material, the doors began to groan open. I stepped back, letting them swing open as much as they could. 

Inside, I could see that the same onyx covered every single service as if this material was plentiful on this planet. I followed behind The Other once again as we started up a flight of stairs. Everything here was so strange and different. A blue glow illuminated the bottom of each stair so you would know where you are stepping. The stairs curved to the left as the room at the top became visible.

A large stone throne sat staring out into the abyss of space.

The Other steps to the side, letting me into the room as well. "The Asgardian Princess, sir," The Other announces before turning on his heel and quickly striding back down the stairs.

The stone throne begins to turn on its axis before it faces me. The man sitting in the chair made my breath falter. I'd heard of the planet Titan and the warriors it had produced but I had never met one before. His skin was a stark purple.

"So you are Loki's sister," He says staring at me with squinted eyes. "I must say, you don't resemble each other much."

I kept my face unfaltering with a clenched jaw and hard-set eyes. "He was adopted."

The Titan makes a knowing hum in the back of his throat. "I see," He rests his chin on his fist, leaning on the arm of his chair. "I've been told you can control people's minds."

"I can do much more than that," I snapped. I hated my abilities being dumbed down. 

"Prove it," He challenged. I hesitated for a moment wondering what he'd meant. How did he want me to prove it? 

When the Titan arose from his throne, I thought he wanted me to demonstrate on him. That's when he called someone's name.

As if she'd been waiting for this moment, a woman with long blue hair pulled back into a straight ponytail walked out of the shadows. She had silver armor and her skin was light blue. I'd never seen or heard of any race that looked like her. Across her eyes was some kind of keratin, forming into some kind of natural mask. The keratin went above her ears and ended in horns, resembling what mortals would call demons. 

"Yes, Thanos?" The blue demon asked, staring at the Titan. 

"This," He motioned towards me. "Is Astrid Odinsdottir. She was raised as a princess but trained like a warrior."

Her eyes look towards me and she tilts her head taking in my appearance. "Classic Asgardian, then," She notes. 

"I want to see what she's got, Proxima," Thanos says. Her name directly translated to inevitable from Latin.  

She nods sturdily, pulling a long golden staff from behind her. The gold resembled Lokis staff but the top of it differed. Still, I knew this must have been another gift from the Titan.

"You going to fight in that?" She mocked, looking at the gown that grazed the ground. I shrugged uncaringly. It wasn't the most convenient but it wouldn't be my demise, either.

She was already prepping to fight and I could tell by her stance that she has been doing this for years. 

I pulled my shoulders back with a deep breath, trying to call the energy through me. This would be the first time using the ring Heimdall had crafted for me. 

The image of the sword materialized in my hand, pulling its energy from the need to prove myself. I'd already decided I was going to win this fight. I wasn't sure why I cared to prove to this Thanos character that I was strong. 

Then I realized it wasn't just Thanos I wanted to prove that too. I wanted everyone to know.

I watched as Proxima's eyes grew large at the weapon that had appeared beside me. Her staff was nothing but a twig in comparison. 

"Your brother didn't mention this," Thanos interrupted before we'd started the contest. "Only the mind element."

I kept my eyes attached to Proxima's movement. You learned early in training to never take your eye off an enemy even when you think there's a truce. 

"What can this do?" Thanos asked pointing to the weapon in my palm. Its energy was seemingly charging me now. The feeling was foreign. Normally, I'd start to feel drained. 

I twisted the weapon in my palm before swinging it towards the golden staff that Proxima has proper against the floor. The top half immediately collapsed, a trail of smoke following it. The metal clattered to the ground and a painful echo shattered the dark sky behind us.

He hummed to himself, thoughtfully. "I've seen enough," He remarked, pausing the fight before it even started. Proxima whipped her head towards him.

"But Father, we haven't fought-"

"Enough!" The Titan's voice escalated. "You are no match against that weapon my child." The words seemed to incite a fire in her eyes. A warm feeling of encouragement filled me.

Thanos snapped his fingers and another servant walked out of the shadows holding a pile of clothing and metal. It was armor. "This is yours, Odinsdottir." He held out the neatly folded materials to me. I approached him and he set it in my arms. "Do not fail me."

I nodded my head and turned on my heels to head out and change into my new armor. 

The base of the armor was a dark green slip dress with lace and beads around the edges. A silver chest plate covered my entire torso and was designed with intricate shapes. Metal shoulder pads and gauntlets also decorated my skin. It all flowed nicely and there were even shorts that protected me from flashing anyone. Silver boots as well.

As I walked out to the rocky surface of the planet, I was almost immediately greeted by Loki. "I see he's given you new clothes." I nod. "Ready?"

"Yeah," I say. A strange sense of regret begins to run through me.

"What's wrong?" Loki looks down at me, noticing the shift.

"What if Thanos is wrong? What if the Midgardians don't follow us willingly?" A heavy breath escapes me. "I can't kill an innocent."

Loki rests a hand on my shoulder. "If there is someone you feel you need to kill, they aren't innocent." I nod at his words. I wouldn't kill unless someone attacked me or Loki first. 

My brother takes his hand off my shoulder and holds his palm up to the sky for me to take. My palm falls into his and with one more reassuring nod, I felt the world shift beneath my feet.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

1.3K 122 26
Phoebe, goddess of the moon. Has known one thing in her life, and that was the art of war. But all that seems to change when she returns to her home...
127K 2.2K 54
What if Thor and Loki had another older sister besides Hela? Introducing Destiny Odinsdottir, the Goddess of Life and the older sister of Thor and Lo...
67.5K 1.7K 26
Edited Description: December 18th, 2020I'm only keeping this story up because it has comments from old friends of mine that I fondly look back on. Ot...
Siren De DeeNOss

Fanfiction

24.5K 887 47
The daughter of a God, the soulmate of a witch. Gianna 'Stockholm' Odinson believed fate had an influential part in her life when she is united with...