[[ On Hiatus ]]'I found you...

By actuallyabiscuit0602

Everyone is born with a red string attached to their finger that links them to their soulmate once you meet i... More

Authors Note
Longing and Learning
F*@k you Monday
This is why I don't socialise.
This is why I'm failing physics
It looks like everything is going all right. For 5 minutes.
History of the soulmate string.
I just had to prove something, didn't I.
I just hit a celebrity with my car (NOT CLICKBAIT)
Hallelujah, my ass
' Lunch time! '
Ghosty powers.
' Just a friend? '
Hey meet this old dude I know.
Holding in my fangirling is pretty hard...
A new friend
Just a dream
Dress shopping
Faith
Of course things dont go to plan
!!The date!!
Is my boyfriend a ninja?
Is it really a break if I'm stressed?
Denial is one hell of a drug.
Merry Christmas!!
2 Year Anniversary
Pretending to be normal kids.
The moment my world froze.
Power move: No skill needed, Just be amused by confusion.
I should've stayed in bed.
Lord and Boy
I lose my temper... again.
All this learnin' is making me dizzy.
Discount winter wonderland
One minor inconvenience away from a nervous breakdown.
What R'you doing in me swamp?
How many times are we going to get tricked by an emo ghost?
Funny story (Was almost eaten by giant squid)
I am running on spite and fury
Maybe we're not so normal, but this is as close as it's getting.
Please don't curse me evil ghost guy, I want to be in the sequel!
That was a lot easier than I expected.
The small children are annoying.
Three year anniversary!!!
I may need anger management classes
T is for Trauma

Can we just have one moment of peace, please?

409 16 16
By actuallyabiscuit0602

BEFORE YOU READ: IMPORTANT INFO/UPDATE

Sorry to say this guys, but I'll be uploading less frequently now as I can't gather enough motivation to write recently. As I mentioned in an authors note, My brother has gone to Ukraine to fight in the war with russia. Recently my brother sent us a message saying that one of the soldier bases was going to be bombed and as a precaution he sent us a "Final message". A base was bombed and a group of soldiers did die, and I hope they are resting peacefully, but fortunately for my family it wasn't the base that my brother was in. Obviously, I am glad he's alive, but it has really affected me mentally that at any moment he could die- because of this I am unsure on how often I'm going to update this fic, but I hope you can all understand why it is becoming hard for me to post frequently.

Anyway- here's the chapter:

"Hey," knocking came from Lloyd's bedroom door, interrupting their sleep, "We're gonna be late, wake up!"

Lloyd's eyes fluttered open, adjusting to the light-filled room. He grumbled under his breath, cursing Kai for waking him up.

Several more, impatient knocks shook his door, "Dude! You're the one who-" Kai swung the door open, "Oh, that's where [Y/n] is." He said with a smirk.

Lloyd turned to his side, coming face to face with his, still-sleeping, soulmate. Kai jeered teasingly at his younger brother, stooping low enough to throw in a few kissy noises. Lloyd sprung out of bed, "I-It's not like that! I- We-"

[Y/n] flung a pillow at the mocking, porcupine-haired, boy with her powers, "I'm trying to sleep, what is wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you two, we're in a monastery, you know?"

"Kai, just- just leave it, please?" Lloyd pleaded.

Kai did not leave it, in fact, he continued on with the essence of an eccentric madman. "Lloyd, I thought you knew better! [Y/n] has corrupted you, snatched your innocent nature!"

[Y/n] sat up, "That is slander!" She threw another pillow, "What are you even talking about?"

"It's because we shared a bed." Lloyd informed.

"So what if we fell asleep in the same bed, Kai? We're soulmates! I think you're just jealous." (Y/n) stated, stretching.

"Me, Jealous?" Kai scoffed, "I- Just shut up and get ready, you're gonna miss the bus." He turned and closed the door, his offended remarks fading as he walked into the courtyard.

(Y/n) giggled, getting out of bed and kissing Lloyd on the cheek, "I didn't bring any clothes with me, can I borrow-"

"You mean steal, I won't be getting it back." Lloyd corrected, opening his wardrobe to reveal his extensive collection of green hoodies.

"You don't know that, god you weren't joking about owning so many..." She looked through the collection, "Ooh, I like this one!" (Y/n) grabbed a hoodie that had a slight difference from the others, one sleeve had a black and gold design down in, intricate swirls and subtle lettering in old ninjagoan.

"Okay, that one you can keep. The guys make fun of my emo phase all the time, so I can't actually wear it anymore... And, you know, I have grown quite a bit." Lloyd smirked, holding the small hoodie up to his torso for comedic effect.

"Good! I wasn't going to give it back anyway!" (Y/n) jumped into a hug before running off down the hall to beg Nya for some pants and a T-shirt.

Nya gave (Y/n) permission to wear whatever she wanted as she left. Nya was driving Kai and Jay to school on her motorbike, seeing as neither of them thought to bring their school bus pass. (Y/n) threw on her favourite pieces of Nya's extensive and stylish wardrobe, rushing to join the others on the dash to the closest bus stop.

Zane and Cole were waiting with Lloyd in the courtyard, they were joking around about something. Cole was laughing as Lloyd pouted about whatever it was that Cole found funny, his face lit up when he saw (Y/n) walking out the door though.

"(Y/n)! Tell him he's wrong!"

"I-" (Y/n) began in confusion.

"She can't, because I'm right." Cole interrupted, swinging his backpack toward Lloyd's head.

"Violence! In a monastery!" Lloyd shouted as he ducked.

"I'll show you violence!" Cole laughed, starting a playful shoving battle between them as they descended the mountain.

"What exactly are they going on about?" (Y/n) asked Zane.

"They're debating on who's better at breaking rocks. Cole thinks it's obviously him, because he's the master of Earth, but Lloyd thinks it's him because he technically is the master of all our elemental powers."

"Wait, really?" (Y/n) asked, "I mean, I knew Lloyd had the ability to use your powers, but I've only ever seen him use fire... and that was only to light a candle on Olly's cake."

Zane smiled, "That's because fire is the only element he can properly control, but even then, the amount of accidental fires he's started," he chuckled lightly, "Lloyd hasn't reached his true potential yet, so his abilities are somewhat limited."

"What is true potential?" (Y/n) asked in awe, Zane's knowledge of things was so detailed it was hard not to be completely amazed by it.

"It's hard to explain, but in the simplest terms, it's like a... lightbulb moment, one where you discover the true extent of your elemental powers, but also what powers you as a person." Zane explained eloquently, a mystical look in his eyes.

"Woah... That sounds really poetic and beautiful."

"It is."

(Y/n) looked at the boy in front of her, the boy she loved, and wondered if it was somehow her fault he hadn't experienced the seemingly cathartic moment of discovery. Lloyd smiled brightly, halfway through a joke he was telling Cole, their shoving match having ended a few moments beforehand.

The group reached the bottom of the mountain and walked along the desert road, spring was in full motion now and it showed... well not in the desert, but the rest of Ninjago was alive and thriving.

Heat presented itself as a squiggling horizon, a horizon on which their school bus could be seen making its way toward the group.

Zane and Cole regularly got this bus, they practically lived at the Monastery of Spinjitzu. Cole would occasionally drop in to visit his father, who lived in a nearby village. Unfortunately for the Nindroid, Zane couldn't do such a thing. His memories of his father ended with him switching Zane's memory switch off as he presumably died. Zane knew it was futile and impossible, but he believed that one day he'd find his father.

As the group boarded the bus, Zane and Cole got to witness the stupid behaviour Lloyd, and by extension, [Y/n] faced each morning.

"Ooh, Lloyd, let's play eye-spy!" [Y/n] suggested upon taking a seat on the now lob-sided bus.

Cole and Zane exchanged a concerned yet confused look before sitting behind their friends.

"Okay, but don't choose something obscure like last time." Lloyd responded, sitting beside his girlfriend.

"The sky isn't obscure, it's not my fault you have zero eye-spy skills."

"Whatever."

"Okay, I spy with my little eye, something beginning with... S."

"Is it the sky?"

"No."

***

Each day of school dragged along, the hours of lessons blurring together. They'd avoided the hatred from their peers last week, for the most part, and it seemed as though everyone wanted to make up for it this week.

Without fail, in every class, someone would hurl cruel words their way, or launch balled-up scraps of paper- most of which were covered with insults- at the backs of their heads. None of them could escape it, not even in the comfort of their lunch hideout.

Some jocks had discovered their spot under the bleachers and started to "accidentally" kick their balls, full force, at the group.

"I swear down on Lloyd's grandfather, if one more thing gets thrown at me today, I'll-" Nya growled, her hands choking the air.

"I know, and I'd love to see it, but you can't... I mean, look what happened to [Y/n] last week." Jay comforted Nya.

"Uhm, I'm literally right here." [Y/n] said.

It was Wednesday, they were halfway through the week. Their registration class had alienated the three, leaving empty tables around them. Even Grayson appeared to be keeping his distance, although probably for a whole different reason.

"Sorry, [Y/n]... Hey, it's Wednesday, so we can all let out our frustrations while we train [Y/n]." Jay declared, his attention back on his fuming soulmate.

"Yay..." [Y/n] groaned, just what she wanted. At least she had 3 out of 6 classes with Lloyd today, one after the other... she just had to make it till lunch.

Math with Kai, Economics with Cole, the 20-minute break she spent preventing a mental breakdown by sitting next to Lloyd while he played with her hair- the sunlight beaming through the window, filling her heart and soul with warmth. Then it was English with Nya and Zane, the lesson that seemed to go on forever.

Miss Lewis appeared to be a demon in training, as she insisted on 'popcorn' reading. A hellish nightmare of being chosen at random to read aloud. She also took no interest in stopping her students from consistently choosing the three, least-liked, pupils. Zane was a master at reading, and Nya had the confidence to shout prophanities at authoritarian assholes- no matter the consequence- so what was a little public speaking? Not to mention, the pair of them had been Ninjago's saviours for years now. [Y/n] was trying her best, but every time she was chosen to read, she'd just that moment stopped paying attention and have no clue what part to read, which is always awkward.

When the bell rang, signalling the start of lunch, she practically bolted out the door to the bleachers. Lloyd was the last one to their lunch gathering, as per usual for the guy that has to sneak around the school to avoid getting beaten by his peers. [Y/n] stuck herself to Lloyd's side for the rest of the day, his company alone enough to keep her calm. Even when Lois tried her best bullying material in biology, nothing could bring her down when she had Lloyd by her side.

The final bell of the day rang out and students flooded the halls, each of them desperate to leave.

Wu notified his students that training would be taking place at the jungle monastery. Nya drove her motorcycle to the edge of the jungle, storing it in an underground garage that led to the monastery. The rest of the Ninja made their way there on Dragon back, after loitering near the school until most people were gone.

"[Y/n], are you okay? You were really quiet today." Lloyd asked once they were in the sky.

"Yeah, I was just... It's so tiring to be constantly hated... I don't know how you deal with it." [Y/n] replied, her eyes watering.

"I just imagine the looks on their faces if they knew the truth, each insult, each injury they gave me, I imagine them finding out and grovelling at my feet, pleading for forgiveness... It's actually quite funny... But saying it out loud makes me sound insane, doesn't it?"

"No. No, it sounds like a pretty normal response... I occasionally think about lifting them up with my powers and watching them struggle in terror, that's an insane person thought."

"As long as you don't act on it," Lloyd smiled, "You should be okay."

***

The training that Wu planned for [Y/n] this week, was to be hunted in the jungle by the rest of the Ninja. After she was caught by Zane, they tried to teach her how to summon her own elemental dragon. As she was still recovering from her anxiety-induced adrenaline, they weren't successful.

Lloyd flew her home and walked across the city to his apartment. He entered quietly, shaking his shoes off at the door.

"Hi sweetheart, how was your day?" Misako asked, peering at her son from the kitchen.

"Eh, it was okay... I think school is stressing [Y/n] out... I might take her somewhere on the weekend." Lloyd responded, moving to help his mum with cooking.

"That is very kind of you, Lloyd, my sweet boy." Misako cooed, hugging him briefly as he handed her a jar of herbs.

"I just don't know where to take her..." Lloyd pondered, stirring whatever was in the pot absent-mindedly.

"What about that amusement park you're always talking about? I always wanted to go there with... Never mind, get some plates out please, Lloyd."

Lloyd did as his mother asked, trying to ignore the sadness that clouded her face. She loved Garmadon so much, but it pained her to remember their past. Misako never got to experience all the usual dating things, between the serpentine wars and Garmadon slowly losing himself to the Great Devourers' venom, neither of them could catch a break... It was a miracle Lloyd was conceived at all.

***

Lloyd told [Y/n] about his surprise date for Saturday, telling her to be ready and waiting for him by 11. [Y/n] used her excitement to get through the last two days of school, occasionally trying to guess where they were going. Each of her guesses where met with a smirk and a shrug.

"Are we going... Ooh! Are you taking me to some crazy place you've fought at or something?" [Y/n] asked as they left school on Friday.

Lloyd smirked and shrugged once more, and [Y/n] shoved him slightly, "Stop shrugging, you... You shrugger."

He let out a chuckle, "It's a surprise, I'm not going to tell you."

A loud voice cut across the end-of-the-day chatter filling the halls, "Psycho freaks!"

It was clearly aimed at the couple, and [Y/n] spun around, her hands balled into fists. She was about to show them what a real psycho freak was, but Lloyd quickly grabbed her by the shoulders and guided her to the exit.

"Hey, remember what we said on Wednesday?" Lloyd muttered into her ear, "Don't let it get to you, it's what they want."

"I know. I know... They're ruining the mood though." [Y/n] sighed, looking up into Lloyd's eyes- taking a moment to appreciate how the sun made them glow.

"Well, I'm going to improve the mood tomorrow. Okay?"

[Y/n] hummed in agreement, "I love you so much. Come on, let's get on the bus before it leaves."

They walked to the bus, their hands tightly clasped together. Nya and Jay caught a glimpse of it before speeding off on Nya's bike, sending their teasing messages to the Ninja group chat.

***

[Y/n] woke up the next morning and took her time to get ready. She didn't know what to expect, it was usually her doing the surprising, but whatever Lloyd had planned for their day, it was going to make [Y/n] fall in love with him all over again.

11 rolled around and Lloyd picked her up in his car when he saw [Y/n] stepping out of her apartment building he slid across the hood to open the passenger side door with a flourish.

[Y/n] laughed, "Oh, how gentlemanly of you."

Lloyd smiled, standing there until [Y/n] had sat down and closed the door for her. He ran back to the driver's side and they set off toward the mystery location.

As they drove out of the city and into the desert, the couple enjoyed the scenic views of sand dunes and cacti. The sun was high in the sky, casting a warm, golden glow on everything around them. [Y/n] rested her head on Lloyd's shoulder, and he gave her a quick kiss on the forehead. They shared a comfortable silence, listening to the soft hum of the car's engine and the occasional chirping of birds.

[Y/n] lifted her head to stare out the window. The desert surrounding them felt vaguely familiar. A structure formed on the horizon, and a few miles later faint, cheerful screams filled the air. She whipped her head back around, where Lloyd was already looking at her with a large smile.

"Surprised?" Lloyd asked coyly.

"Hell yeah, I am! I haven't been here in years!"

"I did good?"

"Yes, of course, you did! If you weren't driving right now, I'd kiss you so hard."

Lloyd put his foot down harder on the gas pedal, "I better drive faster then."

They arrived at the car park in a matter of minutes, Lloyd quickly parked the car and [Y/n] gave him the kiss she'd promised.

Lloyd paid for their entry and they walked in. Lloyd felt a foreign sense of anxiety eating away at the back of his brain, assuming it was because of how badly he wanted to give [Y/n] a good day. Had he really felt that much pressure to impress his literal soulmate? He shook it off, he knew that not many people this far out of the city would be able to recognise his face- so having a good day would be easier.

As soon as [Y/n] entered the amusement park, she could feel the excitement building inside of her. With Lloyd's hand in hers, they passed by the various rides and attractions- the atmosphere of pure joy and elation surrounding them.

"What do you want to ride first [N/n]?" Lloyd asked.

[Y/n] looked around with wide eyes, "I don't know, I can't remember whats good..."

"Uhm, we could go on the Ferris wheel first so you can get a good look at the whole park?" Lloyd suggested with a shrug, dripping in boyish charm.

[Y/n] nodded and they joined the short line to the ferris wheel. The ferris wheel appeared to be popular amongst couples, [Y/n] spotted the silloettes of couples sharing kisses in the ferris wheel pods and began to think that getting a good vantage point of the park wasnt the only thought in her soulmates head.

They reached the front of the queue and soon they were 80 metres in the air, and the ferris wheel stopped once they reached the top. One of the passengers in front let out a yelp of fear, to which his companion comforted, however the fear wasn't because of the ride.

"Craig! Look what the Ninjago Police tweeted! Something bad is happening! We're all gonna die!" The boy in front yelled.

"Everything will be fine, honey, thats what the Ninja are for." His soulmate responded, putting a supportive arm around his jittery shoulders.

[Y/n] and Lloyd shared a look of uncertanty, "Do you have your phone?" [Y/n] asked in a hushed voice.

"Yeah, I'll check with the others now." Lloyd answered, already tapping away on his phone.

Nya messaged back soon after, ensuring the couple that they had everything under control, and that it was just some road damage from earthquakes. It took a bit of convincing from Nya, but the couple stayed at the park a little longer. Lloyd and [Y/n] tried to push it to the back of their minds, going on rollercoaster after rollercoaster- eventually riding every single rollercoaster in the park.

"Should we just chill and play some fair ground games now?" Lloyd asked, after they'd rode the last coaster.

"Yeah, I'll warn you now, I'm going to beat you at every single one of them."

"We'll see about that."

They didn't get to play any games, as their day was finally ruined by someone recognising the couple. They didnt need to turn around to identify the voice, Chen had a pretty distinct voice afterall.

"I thought I saw your shitty car! What are you freaks doing here? Can't you see people are trying to have fun?" He taunted.

"As were we..." Lloyd muttered, turning to face Chen and his goons.

"Why don't you two go back to the caves you crawled out from!" One of the cheerleaders at Chen's side shouted.

"Why don't you go back to clown college? I don't think you've mastered the makeup yet!" [Y/n] yelled back.

"[Y/n]..." Lloyd hissed, "We need to go."

Lloyd pointed to his phone, the screen displayed urgent texts from the team- Guys we need you back ASAP. Evac order for the city. Need your help.

"Right." [Y/n] nodded.

"Well, lovely to see you Chen, as always. We'll be on our way now." Lloyd said, walking away from the group.

Chen grabbed the back of Lloyd's hoodie, "Not until I teach you to stick where you belong." He stated, throwing Lloyd to the floor.

Lloyd sighed, he'd wanted a relaxing day with his girlfriend and the universe couldn't even give him that... The Cloud Kingdom really didn't like him.

"Chen... Just know you started this." Lloyd said.

"Wha-"

Blood spurted out of Chen's nose, the force of the punch pushing him backwards onto the floor. Lloyd stood tall above him, smiling, his red eyes and fangs unmasked. Chen scuttled back with his hands and feet, he was actually scared. How had Lloyd moved so quickly?

[Y/n] whooped, jumping up and down, cheering Lloyd on. Chen had it coming, so she didn't feel bad. The cheerleaders that flocked around Chen at all times, fled the scene screaming.

Lloyd stepped closer to Chen, secretly enjoying the terrorfied look that was on his face, holding out a hand, "Want me to help you up?" He asked, his fangs and red eyes replaced by the usual kanines and forest green.

"You- Don't touch me!" Chen smacked the hand away, picking himself up off the floor and rushing off.

Lloyd shrugged, "I was only trying to be helpful."

"Some people." [Y/n] scoffed.

"So, was it a good date?" Lloyd asked once they'd left the park, heading back to his car to change.

"Yeah, I especially loved when you stood up for yourself. It was hot."

"I'll keep that in mind."

AN

3379 words

2nd May 2023

Hope you guys liked!

There was a small referance to my fav gay couple in a tv show in this chapter- if you know what it is ily <3.

~Actuallyabiscuit0602

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 33.7K 55
[being rewritten for the 1938473th time] If it was up to Y/n L/n, she would read the summer away, lost in history books and adventure novels, findin...
74.1K 1.6K 28
*COMPLETED* *NEEDS EDITING* ______ (Y/n) is one of the most wanted criminals where she lives. She steals in order to survive. One day while robbing a...
74.1K 2K 27
Ninjago- Kai x Reader --- "What are you so scared of to not answer a stupid simple question!?" I yell back angrily. He didnt reply. "Just fucking an...
13.5K 600 27
[Lloyd Garmadon x Reader] She was adored, he was ignored, Her life bloomed like a rose, his, thorned and torn. She owned the world, his dreams mere m...