What we've always been.

By BlancaMorales_Acero

Once, Corey understood his feelings for Alec, he had none beyond friendship. But lately things have changedan... More

1. Game day.
2. Blue token.
3. What the fuck is happening?
4. Furniture
5. Erectile issues
6. Self-esteem.
8. Something animated and fun.
9. Awkwardness
10. Yep. Peachy.
11. Vandalizing and hooking up.
12. Emotional Growth
13. His Other Half
14. Itty Bitty Plane Ride
15. Madness is Awesome...
16. Kek and Anna Marie
17. "The part where you say 'I do' "
18. Sparks in the sky
Next time.

7. Pool water

3 0 0
By BlancaMorales_Acero

CHAPTER SONG: Misery- Maroon 5

......................

Alec

In my school the student favourite sport and also the most funded sport is rugby. People go bat shit crazy for it, they buy merch and giant teddy bears that they dress in the teams shirt for games. It's the reason why so many of the schools former students went on to play it professionally. It's also the whole reason why Corey and I thought it was a good idea for him to join, or more accurately he thought it was a good idea and I just went along with it because it made him happy.

Anyway, rugby is so popular at school it's easy to neglect the other sports, like swiming for example. When Dez, Mandy and I walked into the pool room I notice the crowd w
is much smaller than the one usually at rugby practice.

"Not a very big turn out." Mandy points out seeing what I do.

"Most people are watching the rugby team practicing. It's their first practice since their win last week, apparently it's a big deal." Dez explains and then looks at me apologetically.

"Still, I expected more people to be here." I add as we make our way up to the highest level of the bleachers.

"Rugby and swim season overlap each other, there's too many conflicting games." Dez says.

That's not going to be a problem at all. I think and sigh inwardly.

"So, how was your first week at this hell institution we call Endwood high?" I ask Mandy.

She shrugs and smiles.

"It's great actually. My old school was nothing like this." She says happily.

"Less sports crazed students?" Dez asks.

"Well, yes, yall are a bit over the top crazy about them that is true. But mostly what I mean is this place is better. I mean the teachers are so hands on with thier students and everyone is so nice." Mandy says.

I exchange a look with Dez. See what sweet, innocent and extremely attractive Mandy here doesn't realise is that people are nice to her because she is innocent and extremely attractive. Which is not a bad thing, but it also makes her ignore the fact that today after firts period Mr Harper the headmaster thought it was a great idea to try and facilitate a fri endship between the three of us because we 'can understand each others diverse backgrounds'.

What he really meant was it should be easy for the three of us to be friends because we are part of the very few Black kids at this school. Coach blows the whistle and the four swimmers dive into the water. People cheer as they start moving up and down along the pools length.

"And there they go. Human beings are supposed to be so evolved and yet we go crazy watching people paddle around in pool water." Dez says leaning on his palm.

"If you don't like swiming then why are you here?" Mandy asks.

"I don't know Mandy, why don't you ask Alec over there?" He says looking at me.

"Hey, I just wanted us to try new things." I answer unwrapping a stick of chewing gum.

I get up and go toss the paper in the trash. When I look down at it all I can think about is Corey and how mad he is at me.

The race ends and the swimmers start exiting the pool. My eyes, like metal shavings to a magnet, find Charlie. He steps out of the pool so smoothly and effortlessly it almost seems impossible. He walks out with water dripping down his toned chest and lean legs. His hair is sticking to his face and in this moment I'm jealous of the pool water on his skin.

His eyes meet mine and he smiles at me, which only makes the knots in my stomach turn. I want to run, but my legs refuse to move. With everyone watching Charlie Todd walks up to me...me!

"I didn't think you would show up?" He says.

I laugh nervously. With him standing so close I can see freckles on his chest and a small scar down the side of his stomach. His whole body is like a giant sexy mystery I want to solve. What the fuck is wrong with me?. I swear the level of horny Charlie Todd makes me reach is unnatural.

"I said I would." I answer.

"Yes, you did." Charlie says standing a little closer.

He smells like chlorine and even on him it's sexy. Someone calls out to Charlie as the next race starts.

"I uh...I have to go." He says looking back at me.

"Sure. See you later?" I ask.

Charlie smiles again and it cuts away some of my nervous energy.

"Totally." He says and runs back to his practice.

My face is as hot as embers and I can feel eyes on me. I look up and everyone is staring at me asking themselves the same question. Why the hell would Charlie Todd talk to him?

............

Swim practice lasts about an hour or two. The entire time the eyes that were on me earlier don't leave. I feel like a white tiger in a zoo.

When it's finally over I try to go talk to Charlie but before I can try his friends swamp him and they walk out the door.

"Thank God that's over. Can we go now?" Dez asks.

"I actually kinda enjoyed that." Mandy says looking genuinely happy.

I smile and make peace with the fact that at least she enjoyed herself.

"Yeah. Lets go." I answer and we walk out in the hallway.

My phone rings as Dez starts asking Mandy about her old school. It's a text from Corey

Emergency. Meet me on the field please.

"Hey, I have to go somewhere real quick." I tell Mandy and Dez.

"Where?" Dez asks.

"Corey, he needs help or something. Take my keys and wait in the car." I toss Dez my keys.

"Cool." Dez says and he leaves with Mandy.

I walk over to the schools back door and turn towards the field.

.....................

Corey

By the time Alec shows up everyone else is gone. I lay back on the bench the pain in my chest making it hard for me to breathe. Alec walks up to me and his expression changes.

"Jesus. What happened to you?" He asks looking down at my blood and mud covered t shirt.

I point at my rugby gear next to me.

"The others guys on the team were a bit over enthusiastic during practice today." I answer.

Alec looks at me again and shakes his head.

"Of course they were. Because some extremely smart individual thought putting a bunch of hormonal boys together and allowing them to tackle each other was a good idea." He says putting his hand on my chest.

I winch in pain and back away from his touch.

"Sorry." He says checking the injuries on my face.

"It's not bad. Some bruising but nothings broken and I don't think there's any internal bleeding, you'll be sore for a few days but otherwise you're okay." He says putting on his serious future doctor face.

"Good. I have practice again tomorrow." I answer getting up.

Alec shakes his head and helps me to my feet. I put my arm over him and he supports me as I clutch my chest.

"You know I'm not actually a doctor, my dad is. So maybe we should ask him or go to a hospital before you give yourself a clean bill of health." Alec says.

I lean on him and we limp towards the parking lot together.

"I trust you." I answer.

"So you wanna tell me what happened?" He asks.

"I already did." I answer.

"Corey, you've been on the team forever and I haven't seen you this fucked up since you first signed up." Alec says.

I sigh.

"I was a bit...distracted." I answer.

I was actually a lot distracted. The whole game all I could think about was why Alec would want to go watch that fuck head Charlie practice. It distracted me, which left me open to so many tackles from some of my more muscular teammates.

"By what?" Alec asks.

"Nothing okay. Can you just take me home now." I spit avoiding his question.

"Fine." Alec says as we reach the car.

.....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141 0 17
The continuing story of Toni who first experience love in high school. He maybe heartbroken from his first love but this did not break his spirit and...
3K 262 35
A story of a man who is struggling with life, to make ends meet. He meets another man who is opposite to him in every way possible. Do they become fr...
179K 7.6K 60
**This is an MMF love story** Sex and relationships don't interest Gemma--until she gives Tre a chance. One date with him makes her rethinking everyt...
6.1K 360 12
[COMPLETED] When Eli found his boyfriend having sex with his best friend, he was shattered. Tyler and Tony were the only people other than his family...