UNBREAK | D.M (UNRAVEL BOOK 5)

By ixfixite_

*Completed* (SEQUEL TO UNKNOWN) UNRAVEL book 5: The last thing Aine Estoileon ever remembered was the sound o... More

[ 00 ]
[ 02 ]
[ 03 ]
[ 04 ]
[ 05 ]
[ 06 ]
[ 07 ]
[ 08 ]
[ 09 ]
[ 10 ]
[ 11 ]
[ 12 ]
[ 13 ]
[ 14 ]
[ 15 ]
[ 16 ]
[ 17 ]
[ 18 ]
[ 19 ]
[ 20 ]
[ 21 ]
[ 22 ]
[ 23 ]
[ 24 ]
[ 25 ]
[ 26 ]
[ 27 ]
[ 28 ]
[ 29 ]
[ 30 ]
[ 31 ]
[ 32 ]
[ 33 ]
[ 34 ]
[ 35 ]
[ 36 ]
[ 37 ]
[ 38 ]
[ 39 ]
[ 40 ]
[ 41 ]
[ 42 ]
[ 43 ]
[ 44 ]
[ 45 ]
[ 46 ]
[ 47 ]
[ 48 ]

[ 01 ]

26 1 0
By ixfixite_

A crack of thunder aroused flashes of the tragedy that had befallen the Estoileon family in Aine's head. The brightly lit sparks dart about the lovely humble cottage home that belonged to the Estoileon family, sending destruction to anything it touches. She could hear the faint screams of the devastation of her own voice, the memory surfacing as the catastrophe plays back in her mind. The agonizing cries of her father and her brother who could only yell in shock were followed by the sound of shattering.

Aine let out a small gasp as her eyelids fluttered, slowly opening them as she lets out a muffled exhale, closing her golden pupils for a brief moment to calm herself from the nightmare she had. It was terrifying when she relived the memories, but she was awake now and her dreams could no longer hurt her. 

She glanced around, a dark navy-coloured room enveloped her and when her eyes looked up, she could see a sheer canopy hung over the four-poster bed, the beautiful crystal chandelier with tiny stars and crescents dangling on the lighting. A small smile appeared on her face when she saw the familiar sight but when she realized that her surroundings were not her own home, panic rushes to her. The room was luxurious, dark and it was most certainly not her own bedroom.

Aine wanted to sit vertically but her body was stiff and it ached everywhere. She looks over to her sides, her arms were wrapped in bandages, layering over wounds she had forgotten how she got them. It wasn't until she saw a familiar face sitting next to her bed, his ash-blonde locks curling in his eyes, nodding his head slowly as he slept upright in an awkward position. There were wrappings covering his arms and neck along with a small plaster on his cheek. He was holding onto her hand as he dozes off. 

It was Aion, her adoptive older brother whom she thought was her real brother. Not until she found out that she was the one who was adopted by her father a couple of—

Days? Weeks? Aine didn't know how long she was asleep. Let alone why she was in such a bad condition or why she was even here in the first place. It was certainly not the St Mungos Hospital nor Hogwarts and she was definitely not home. 

She winces when she tried to move again, only to be hit with such excruciating pain in her head that made her sink back to her pillow. 

"Aion..." she croaked out, her throat was awfully dry, deprived of water. 

The boy next to her quickly shot open his eyes, shocked to hear his sister's voice. "Aine!" he jumps straight up, knocking over the chair behind him. He stroked her pale face and smiled sadly, thankful that she was at last awake. He couldn't bear to see her miserable state, she had lost quite a bit of weight and her cheeks were almost hollowed. Once he met with her golden eyes, he softens.

Aine's vision was still fuzzy and she couldn't quite see well in the dark room, images continued to play in the back of her mind. She tries to sit up again, but her ribs hurt when she bends her body. Aion urges her to rest back down, she had been asleep for days and he wouldn't want her to overexert herself more than she already has. "I... I had a bad dream, Aion..." she said to him, blinking slowly at the familiar surroundings. Her eyes were welling up and her brother swallows heavily.

"In the nightmare I had, we... We were attacked and dad— Dad was..." she trails off, unable to finish her words when it finally struck her. She turned to Aion, his dark green eyes wavering and he squeezes her hand without realizing it. Her father was nowhere to be seen, just like before when she awoke after the Battle at the Ministry of Magic. 

Elliot was always the first to greet Aine when she woke up when they were home, he was always there. The first pair of eyes she would see, the first face she will meet. She gulps, getting alarmed by his absence like before. "Dad hasn't come to see me yet, Aion," she told him, chuckling nervously. "Is... Is he busy again? Is dad still mad at me for doubting him? Is that why he isn't here?" she asked, wanting to deny her fears, the fear of her nightmare not actually being a dream.

Her brother's silence only triggered her to become anxious. Her head was throbbing and she clenched her eyes shut to the seething pain. Memories of the ambush flickered past her, she began to retrace her recollections. She remembered confronting her father about the truth of her life, she remembered feeling remorse about hurting her father's feelings and she remembered the split moment where she felt so angry that she ended up lashing out at him.

But she also remembered him promising that he would fix their relationship and he was willing to give her time to sort out her mind. She remembered wanting to apologize to him. She remembered the attack— the silver arrow that was shot in his direction, the way his body turned cold as crystals began to form on his skin, enveloping him whole until he had shattered like glass. She remembered that Elliot, her father, was killed—

Aine's breath hitched, not wanting to remember suddenly. She shook her head, there has to be a mistake, she was wrong, and her memories were false. 

There was no way that dad— He isn't gone! He must still be busy working and brewing potions. He must have forgotten to come because he was preoccupied... She tries to convince herself.

Forcing on a brave front, she spoke again, "Where... Where did he go?" she questions her brother who already knows who she was referring. Unable to reveal the truth to her, knowing that she'll break apart more than she already has, Aion kept quiet and the stillness looms heavy in the air around them.

"Aion... Where— Where is he?" his little sister asked once more, her voice cracking. She could barely hold herself together. She refused to believe the reality. It was all a dream...

This must also be a dream..!

However, there was only silence.

Please... Please let it be a dream...

Her brows contorted and her lips shook, her words quavering. "No," she said firmly, tears spilling from her eyes she buries her face into her palms and started to sob uncontrollably. "No... No..." she whimpers.

Aion's eyes widened and he bit his lips, trying to keep himself from crumbling again for the hundredth time since he had woken up. He thought that all the tears had been shed, he thought that there were no more tears left. He was wrong. So utterly wrong. He pursed together his lips, shaking. He can't break again. But he too was human and the fact that he was supposed to sacrifice himself for his father ended up the other way around. Before he could even do something properly as his son, Elliot died right in front of his eyes. His father's life slipped through his hands like sand.

Containing his tears was harder, especially since he knew as much as he was hurting, Aine was equally in pain too. He knew like him, she could never forgive herself anymore. The Estoileons could only blame themselves for the loss of their father.

He threw his arms around Aine, embracing her as he strokes her hair and she clutched onto his back, crying into him. The two of them sought comfort in each other, they were the only ones left to grieve for their father. Their mother was gone, and Aine's birth father was nowhere, alive or dead, she didn't know. The only ones who knew the answers were gone. And though they thought they wouldn't lose anyone more than they have within a week since Sirius had died, Elliot was now gone too. 

"I should have protected him, I should have interfered before Cal—" Aine wept, holding tightly on her brother's arm. "I even had my wand with me, I could have shot that man... I... I... I was supposed to protect him as he did for me and I couldn't even do anything—"

But before the girl could go on blaming herself for the death of her father, Aion hugs her tighter, "Stop..." he tells her in a hushed voice, a tear trickling down. "It wasn't your fault, Aine..."

It didn't stop Aine from spiralling out. She was trembling in his arms, feeling so sorry— so devastated. Every time she closes her eyes, she could only picture the last smile her father had given her before he shatters away. 

It haunted her.

"I didn't even get to apologize to him yet, I was going to— I really didn't mean all the hurtful words I've said to him... I really didn't mean it..." her cries grew more heart-wrenching and louder but Aion kept stroking her, repeating the words that it wasn't Aine's fault.

It was theirs... He said in his mind. 

He could feel the room start to shake a little, the chandelier was swaying even though the windows were shut. He could see the little fractures forming on the glass panes, threatening to shatter and the fragile flames from the candles were one by one being extinguished. It was all from Aine's magic, it was getting out of control now that she wasn't in the right state. With their father gone, the seal to her overpowering capabilities had been unlocked. If she doesn't keep her magic under control, there will only be more chaos and destruction. 

And even death

Aion took a deep breath, "Lianna... Shh... It's okay. You mustn't lose control of your magic... It's going to be alright. I'm here with you. You're not alone in this. I promise..." He could feel the weight of her immense power taking a toll on his body. It was giving him an intense migraine, crushing his brain and he was getting drowsy. He hushes his sister, consoling her with everything he could in hopes that she could calm both herself and her magic so that her powers would subside away, back into a locked box. And deep in his heart, he vowed.

Aion vowed to take revenge against the monsters who did this to them, who had murdered his dear father. Even if it was the last act he would do for his father as his son.

He could still remember all of their faces— The six Deatheaters who had infiltrated and destroyed their home and ruined their lives. He had recognized them mostly as those who had escaped Azkaban when he was with the Order. The group was led by none other than Cal Moran. The son of the infamous snatcher, Scabior Moran was on top of his list. He could still remember how much that bastard had taunted him and his sister, mocking them even after Elliot's death.

It took a long time until Aion managed to calm Aine down, with all the crying and thrashing about in his arms, some of her wounds had opened. The only way to make sure she doesn't wear herself any further was to put her to sleep. Compared to him, his sister had sustained much more injuries than him and she was still hurt. Physically, mentally and emotionally. 

He walked out of her room that the Malfoys had offered her to get some more wrappings to change her old ones that were stained with blood. 

Outside, Aion met Draco who had slumped his back against the wall, waiting patiently. When the Malfoy boy saw Aion, he immediately straightened up and the Estoileon brother smiled at Draco sadly. 

Draco sighs, seeing the bags under Aion's bloodshot eyes. Ever since Aine's brother had woken up realizing what happened to them and their father, he had spent nights crying himself to bed while his sister remained unconscious. Draco could hear him every night and he knew that no matter how much comfort his mother had offered them, those words will never bring back Elliot. Even so, Draco wanted to be there for both of them as much as he could. "Is she okay...?" Draco carefully asks, he had been visiting Aine almost every day. Staying by her side, hoping that she would wake. 

Looking through the slightly ajar door, Aion's heart sank when he saw a tear roll down Aine's cheeks as she sleeps. Sadness was written all over her face. "Barely even herself. I've never seen her so broken like this," he replied.

"He really meant a lot to her," Draco stated, his brows slanting downwards as he watches the girl who looked so fragile now. He knew just as much as Aion how much Elliot meant to the girl he loved, how much his existence impacted the girl's life. Although Draco only met Elliot a couple of times, it was enough to know how much the man adored and loved his daughter, despite the fact that she was not of his blood. He was still a good man and a good father and Draco only wished that he had spent more time with him too. So, when he heard the heartbreaking news of his death, he was taken aback and horrified.

"Will you look after her for me? And when I'm not around... Protect her for me too," Aion said to Draco, his swollen eyes filled with a plea. He was the only person Aion had trusted in this place to not betray his sister. Nobody else...

Without hesitation, Draco nodded. "I will, Aion. You have my word," he promised. He gazed at Aion who walked away and he stops him. "Aion," he calls out and the older lad turned around with drooped shoulders.

"Take care of yourself too, okay? If you need anything, just say the word. I'm here for both of you and I'm sure mother is as well," Draco remarked and Aion simply scoffed lightly, who would have thought his sister's boyfriend will be comforting him too?

Guilt was cemented on Aion's face, he was still blaming himself partially for his father's death. He was the one who was supposed to take the deadly curse instead of Elliot but his father had jumped in and shoved him away before it could take a hit on him. "I'm not the one who needs consolation, Draco. I don't deserve it... But thank you."

"She'll be heartbroken if you're hurt too," Draco reminded, spotting the remorse on Aion's face. "You have to take care of yourself. For her and I'm sure your father would have wanted you too."

"Thanks, Brother-in-law," Aion chuckles, patting Draco's shoulder as he walks away to get more medicine and bandages. Then he disappears down the dark corridor, leaving Draco behind eyeing his diminishing back that faded into the darkness. 

He looked pretty worn out too...

~~~

Aine remained bedridden for a couple of days, resting up and regaining her strength to live again. Her wrappings were changed by Narcissa who had taken the status of being the Estoileons' guardian now that both of their parents were gone. It had been two weeks since either of the siblings had spoken to their friends, let alone the members of the Order of the Phoenix. 

Ever since they had been captured by Cal and his group of Deatheaters, Aine and Aion were forced to live in the Malfoy Manor until further instructions were given. As such, they were kept hostage in the large mansion, unable to leave even outside. Thankfully, there hasn't been a chance where the Estoileon siblings had met any of the Deatheaters. Considering their rage for them still raw and fresh, neither of them would be able to contain themselves and would have lashed out at the sight of them. The only people they have seen were Draco and Narcissa since their family's head, Lucius Malfoy had been captured and imprisoned by the Ministry after the battle.

However, there was also another soul whom the siblings had met quite frequently and that was Severus Snape. Aine and Draco's Potions Professor had shown up often, tending to the wounds the Estoileons had suffered after the fight at their home. He was the only member of the Order who had contact with them and was perhaps the only one who would have delivered the news to the rest of the organization. Nonetheless, whether he has or hasn't was still unknown to Aine and Aion.

Aine pulls out several pieces of clothing that Narcissa had stocked up in her own wardrobe— A buttoned-down linen top and a long high-waisted skirt. As she changes, she sighs at her appearance in the mirror. Her eyes were completely drained of life and her golden pupils were dull and bloodshot. She has been crying every single day since she woke up, unable to process the Death of her father. Just when she thought that she had shredded all her tears, when she saw herself in the reflective glass, she couldn't help but be reminded of how her father had shattered into a million pieces after being crystallized. 

Her lips quivered and her eyes were pricked with tears again. She sniffles and blinked back the tears, using the sleeves to rub her eyes dry. She was fed up with feeling so hopeless and a crying mess, not wanting her brother to worry anymore. She couldn't be the only one who is always depending on him, Aion was hurting too. Even if he spoke nothing of it, she could see how despaired he was. She has to be strong, for her brother, for their revenge.

Aine took a deep breath and calmed herself down. Today was finally the day they were allowed to go back to their home. Though they were still 'hostages', Snape had relayed to her and her brother that just for today, they could go home with the exception of being back at the manor before sundown.

Once the girl was all dressed, she headed downstairs, meeting the eyes of Draco who smiles at her. She returns the smile and Narcissa gave her a tight motherly hug, "You did well, Aine," the Malfoy mother said to her, caressing her. It was the first time she was going out today, let alone dressing up for it. The past few days have been hard on both of the Estoileons. Aion refused to eat anything while Aine stays in her room all day, both grieving in their own ways. 

The girl allowed herself to sink into the arms of Narcissa, the only comfort she has closest to a parent left. Aion walked up to her and took her hand while they exchanged looks. "Are you ready to go home, Lianna?" he asks her.

Aine stares blankly at the marbled floors, hesitant. She was actually afraid of going back home, to the home where her father was brutally murdered. To go back to a place where bad memories had corrupted it, robbing it of the place they once called home: the place they once felt safe. But it had to be done sooner or later. 

She swallows nervously, her hand was shaking and it made Aion's hand tremble too. "We can go another day if you like—" Aion suggested, worried for her. Maybe she still needed some time...

Aine shook her head. "No, I want to go back. I want to go home, Aion," she said with a soft timid voice, and what Aion saw was a younger version of his sister, it was like she was a little child. It made him want to destroy the whole world for her, to keep her safe, to make sure that only happy things followed and surrounded her. 

But she was already tainted, broken even...

Narcissa nearly burst into tears hearing that last line from the girl. She felt so much pity for those two children and despite her wanting them to stay in her home so that she could care for them, she wanted them to go home, to return to who they were before being dragged into this horrible fate. She places a hand over her mouth and gazed sadly at the two. Draco moved to his mother to hold her close. 

"Alright," Aion smiles at his sister, nodding. They turned to the two Malfoys and held on a brave looks on their faces.  "We'll be back," he said to them.

Draco shot Aine a nod, giving her an encouraging smile. "See you soon, love."

"Please be safe, Aion, Aine," Narcissa told them with a small wave.

The two fasten their grip on each other's hands and with a crack, wispy dark clouds wrapped around them and Aion apparated along with his sister back to their once sweet cottage home.  

Narcissa and Draco stare at the spots they once stood, the older woman spoke a little prayer, hoping that the two would find strength and be protected from harm.

─── ⋆⋅☀⋅⋆ ───── ⋆⋅☀⋅⋆ ───

We're finally starting Half-Blood Prince, guys! I can't stress how heartwrenching writing this chapter made me feel. The pain is still raw and on a small note, this book will definitely be darker and angstier, so I hope you're all prepared for that. But there will be parts where I try to lighten the mood at times as well. As war and chaos are brewing in the clouds, the severity of Aine's life will also be touched upon too.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and do give it an upvote if you do! 

Thank you all so much for showing your love and support and have a lovely day, my loves~ ^^

- Zeneria

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

362K 9K 118
Aria Snape is formidable in the worst of senses, demanding respect from all who meet her and making those who hate her suffer. With a grumpy profess...
1.1K 81 48
*Completed* (SEQUEL TO UNTOLD) UNRAVEL book 4: When darkness envelopes Aine Estoileon's eyes, she sees through the evil lurking beyond it. Yet, when...
171K 6.2K 69
~ Year five ~ Warning: This is the fifth book in a series!!! This also will journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read, o...
1.3M 32K 46
❝𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐈 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞, 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐫𝐛𝐞𝐝...