After All This Time (Steddie)

Par banished_artcat

Bless you hellichk.tumblr.com for this absolutely lovely cover I want to print and frame it and keep it forev... Plus

Ch.1: Harrington
Ch.2: Coming out.
Ch. 3: Realization.
Ch.4: Faithfully
Ch. 5: Eyes Like Amber
Ch.6: Are You Lonely?
Ch. 7: Buckley
Ch. 8: Make Me Tacos
Ch. 9: Burst
Ch. 10: Run Away With Me
Ch.11: New York
Ch. 12: No Take Backs
Ch.13: Let Me Take Care Of You
Ch. 14: Ours
Ch. 15: Forever.
Ch. 16: Corroded Coffin
Ch.17: I'm In Love With A Rockstar
Ch. 18: Young God pt 1
Ch. 19: Young God pt.2
Ch. 20: Henderson
Ch. 22: Hot
Ch. 23: Released
Ch. 24: Small Wins
Ch.25: The Apartment
Ch. 26: Home is Wherever I'm With You
Ch. 27: Graduation
Ch. 28: Change
Ch. 29: Steve the Brave
Ch. 30: This Side of Paradise

Ch. 21: Boom

163 11 34
Par banished_artcat

A/N; I took a break to watch 3 seasons of ST back to back and I have no regrets. Sorry if you were dying for a new ch yesterday. I still love you. :3

I'm apologizing pre-emptively for time skips bc I don't feel like adding so much filler right now.

TW; I'm not sure how to preface this without ruining it. Just.. read cautiously. Violence and homophobia.

"Man, I don't want to go to school tomorrow. I don't even see the point." Dustin is loudly complaining from the backseat of Eddie's van. We both know he has school, and I have work that I am not looking forward to going back to. And I have to close the store.

"You have two more weeks, Henderson. It's not that bad." Eddie was one to talk. He hated school the entire time we were there and barely graduated by the skin of his teeth after having to come back as a super senior. But Dustin wasn't like him. Dustin wasn't like anyone. This kid is a genius and should have graduated way earlier just based on grades alone. All AP classes. He has his pick of colleges begging for him to be there.

"I'm so ready to be done with high school though, it's really got nothing left in it for me. I've learned everything that it has to offer. I'm valedictorian. Do I reeeally have to go? I could just crash at your place... My mom wouldn't even care that much!"

"Dustin, your mom would kill me if you missed the last two weeks of school and she knew you were at my place."

"I mean no, she wouldn't kill you. She wouldn't be happy with you but you wouldn't die, necessarily."

"Well too bad we're at your house now. So go on, off to bed with you child!" Eddie smiles, pulling into the driveway of Dustin's house.

"You're the worst. Fine, fine. I'll go. But I'm unhappy about it!"

"We love you too, Henderson." Dustin opens the door and hops out, flipping both me and Eddie off before running up to the front door.

-Back home-

"So, you ready for tomorrow?" Eddie pulls his feet up onto the couch, sitting cross legged on the couch next to me. I look down at my mug of tea unhappily. "No."

"What's got you so worried?"

"You know what's got me worried, Eds."

"Darlin, I promise I won't let anyone hurt you."

"That's what I'm worried about. You're going to get hurt in the process and I can't live with myself if anything happened to you. Not when we're this close."

Eddie sighs and rolls his eyes. "I won't be stupid about it, you know."

"You literally threatened him with a knife last time... and you're telling me you're not going to be stupid?"

"Well I can't use that knife for threats anymore..."

"And why's that?"

"Once it graced you, I can't bare the thought of tainting it with someone so horrible." My face flushes, and I then am aware of the stinging of the skin across my chest. I put my hand over my heart, mind filling with the memory all over again. "I will never comprehend how you can flip a subject on me so quickly."

"It's a talent." He smirks and stands up quickly. "We should go to bed. You have work tomorrow. No use in staying up all night worrying. We'll face it as it comes."

He's right. It's a little after 1 AM, and sleep does sound nice. We get ready for bed and he pulls me into his arms, whispering sweet nothings to me, and running his hands through my hair until I drift off into sleep.

-10 AM-

My alarm wakes me up, loudly screaming at me from the nightstand. I get untangled from Eddie and get up. I need to shower, make coffee and eat something. "Do we have to get up?"

"I have to take a shower, you can still sleep for a little if you want."

"Can I join you?" He yawns, and stretches out on the bed.

"And make me late for work? No, Munson."

"I won't make you late!"

"Mhm sure..." I go and grab some clothes from my dresser and closet. I feel his arms wrap around me, leaving soft kisses on the sides of my neck. "Please?"

"You can't get your way so easily you know."

"I asked nicely though..." More kisses, which is making my brain foggy. He's not going to win. Don't.. give in. "You did, and I... Eddie stop it..." He sighs loudly and lets go. "Fiiiine. But once we're back home later don't expect the same courtesy." I shake my head, trying to clear the fog. "I wouldn't expect any less."

-At Family Video-

"Which movie should I put in today?"

"I dunno.. something, not terrible?" Eddie sighs and lays across the counter, staring at the ceiling, tossing a balled up paper bag into the air a few times. "My movie taste is not terrible!"

"Babe, how many times have we watched 16 Candles?" He rolls his eyes, laughing at me. "It's a good movie! You can't tell me it's not a good movie."

"It's girly, at best Steve."

"It's a drama..."

"It's a romcom. You just can't admit it."

Someone walks into the store, and Eddie sits himself up, quickly, swinging his legs over the front of the counter. Glaring at who walked in.

Tommy H, not the person I wanted to see today. "So Tyler tells me that your fag boyfriend here decided to try to stab him last week?"

"Get the fuck out of here Thomas. We don't need any more grief from any of you tools. Did Tyler also mention he threatened me?"

"Who are you calling a fag anyway Tommy? Didn't your girlfriend leave you for some girl anyway?"

"Shut the fuck up, Munson." He gets into Eddie's face, which is a mistake, but Eddie doesn't budge. "What? You gonna threaten me too? I'm not scared of you, dude. I actually pity you. Can't stand to see someone happy can you? Gotta make everyone else around you as miserable as you are."

"Eddie... Please stop..." My voice is quiet, god why am I so scared of these assholes?

He shakes his head, hopping off of the counter. "No Steve, I can't sit here and let these fucking douchebags keep controlling our lives here! You're scared to even leave the house!"

Tommy laughs, his stupid fucking laugh overpowering my ears. "He should be scared. You should be scared too Munson." He pushes him backwards, causing Eddie to stumble a bit. "I'm not fucking scared of you."

There's a loud crack sound, as Eddie's fist meets the side of Tommy's face and Tommy falls back flat onto his ass on the floor. God damnit Eddie. A weird smile appears across his face, "Oh now you're dead."

Tommy quickly stands up, grabbing ahold of Eddie and dragging him out of the store into the parking lot out front. I have to call the police. I don't have a choice. I quickly dial 911 getting the operator.

"9-1-1 what's your emergency?"

"There's a fight breaking out in front of Family Video..."

"Do you know between who so I can inform the authorities?" A truck full of 4 more people appeared out front, all instantly joining the fight against Eddie. 

"Just.. please get here soon.. I'm...they're going to kill each other. Oh shit. More guys just pulled in. PLEASE GET HERE QUICKLY!"

"We'll send someone out right away."

"PLEASE HURRY!"

I hang up the phone, and run outside. Eddie is down on the ground with all 5 guys throwing punches and kicks to his sides and his head. Fuck... fuck fuck fuck. I try my best to start pulling them off of him but a punch quickly lands to the side of my head and I am on the ground. The world is spinning, and I am seeing stars.

Shit. "Guys please stop..." I manage to mumble out, still trying to get my bearings back about me. "Get the fuck out of our town!" A voice rings in my ears. I can't tell which direction it's coming from.

I hear a familiar sound... A gun being cocked... BOOM

——————————————

A/N; I'm sorry for the cliffhanger.  I'm working on the next chapter rn so you don't have to wait forever to know.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

4.9K 172 16
Steve Harrington and Eddie Munson, even though defeating Vecna and saving the world together, have not become the best of friends. Steve hates to...
71.1K 1.8K 52
She didn't know any better. Years of being raised by the evil entity that was once Henry Creel skewed her view of the world she once lived in. When Y...
13.8K 552 24
Cover by @/maalidoesart on Tumblr. After defeating Vecna, the town of Hawkins, Indiana tries to return to normal. Still homeless, Eddie begins to t...
209 11 20
"its been a while, things are different now. i have some memories of my past, the main things i have regained being my personality and a thousand tho...