Agent of Love

By dwcarlson

They say the best revenge is to live a happy life. How does a woman scorned get her revenge? With the help of... More

Introduction/Disclosure
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 11

141 18 4
By dwcarlson

"Mom, I thought we agreed that you should move in with me. Even Jimin agreed it was for the best."

Tabitha paced Jimin's kitchen floor as she talked to Ben on her phone. She had waited for Jimin to fall asleep to make the call.

"Yes, but I didn't agree to your banning Jimin."

"It's my house. I have every right to deny him access."

"Yes, you do, but he was perfectly welcome a week ago. What's changed?" Tabitha already knew the answer to her question. She was setting him up for another one.

"He started dating you."

"Would you be denying him access if he was my age?"

"Yes."

"Stop lying to yourself. You would not."

"It-it's just wrong, Mom."

"Jimin has a car, a home, and a job. He's an adult, just like me."

"Mom, how would you feel if I started dating your friend, Shannon Connor?"

"Honestly, I would think you could do better."

"See what I mean?"

"No. Shannon can't cook. Plus, she can be a bit overly critical. She's too hard to please. If anything, you should ask my friend Maureen Hill out. She's a fabulous cook and appreciates the simple things in life. Unfortunately, she is also still married to Garth, so I don't see her saying yes anytime in the foreseeable future."

"Very funny, Mom."

"I'm serious."

"I don't feel comfortable with you dating him."

"Okay, what if our roles were reversed? What if Jimin was 74 and I met him at your party, and we clicked and decided to date?"

"Honestly, I would think he's a bit old for you."

"But would you ban him from your house?"

There was a long pause, and she could hear Ben sighing.

"Probably not. But only because at 74, he wouldn't be into sex."

"Ben, what rock have you been living under? People in their seventies have sex. Hell, if you heard some of the stories I've been told while volunteering at the nursing home, you would blush, and most of the residents are in their eighties and nineties."

"Eww!"

"Stop being such a child. Look, how about a compromise? Jimin is welcome as long as he stays on the first floor. Is that reasonable?"

"If that's what it will take to convince you to stay with me, then yes."

"Good. I need to go get some sleep. I'll see you tomorrow, okay? I love you."

"I love you, too."

Tabitha hung up and turned the corner to head up the stairs. She found Jimin sitting at the foot of the stairs with a contemplative look on his face.

"I'm sorry. Did I wake you?"

"More like your absence did," he smiled.

"I called Ben. He has agreed to let you inside his house as long as you stay on the first floor."

"I heard."

"I'm sorry he's being this way."

"It's okay. Ben liked me once. He'll like me again. You're his mom. It's only natural that he wants to protect you."

"Thank you for being so understanding."

Jimin smiled, stood up, and held his hand out for Tabitha to take it. "Come on. Let's go violate the sanctity of the upstairs of my house."

Tabitha giggled and took his hand. "Whew! I don't know, Jimin. You gave me a workout today. I think I need time to recover."

"Cuddles, then?"

"Absolutely."

They climbed into bed together, Jimin spooning Tabitha, and they slept soundly throughout the night.

*****

Jimin and Tabitha woke to the sound of Jimin's alarm going off on his phone.

"I don't want to get up," Tabitha groaned.

"Me neither, but I have some clients I need to meet up with this morning. You don't mind, do you?"

"No. I need to go to Ben's place and get settled anyway. He's taking me to file a restraining order against Bill."

"I'm available for lunch. Want me to swing by Ben's to pick you up?"

"I'm not sure how long it will take. Can I get back to you?"

"Sure."

After getting ready for the day and grabbing a bite to eat, Jimin dropped off Tabitha at Ben's house on the way into his office. Ben welcomed her inside and showed her to the room she would be staying in. There, lying on the floor, was an air mattress.

"I'm sorry, Mom. It's all I have at the moment. I thought we could go shopping for a mattress and bedroom set today after we file the restraining order. That way, you get to pick a mattress that you like. I was planning on getting beds for the other rooms. I just hadn't gotten around to it yet."

"That's perfectly fine, Ben. And it's so considerate of you to let me pick out a mattress I would like."

She set her bag down, and the doorbell rang.

"Stay here, Mom. Stay out of sight just in case," Ben urged.

The doorbell rang again then there was a knocking on his door. Tabitha heard Ben open the door, and she listened in.

"Good morning Nina. What brings you here?"

"Like you don't know. Ben, why aren't you answering your dad's calls? He's beside himself."

"Does my dad know you're here?"

"No. But I couldn't just sit by while a grave injustice was occurring."

Nina might not have been very bright, but she sure was good at blasting off those big words she had learned, thanks to Ben.

"What are you talking about, Nina?"

"You know very well what I'm talking about, Ben. Your dad went to confront your mom about her lying to me. She said he hit on her, and like a fool, I believed her and kicked your father out. All he was trying to do was get her to admit to me that she lied so he could fix things between us. But your mom called the police on him and had him arrested. And now you aren't answering his calls. Can't you see your mom is manipulating you into hating your dad?"

"Wow, Nina! Just...wow! My dad has done an excellent job pulling the wool over your eyes."

"He has not!"

Tabitha had heard enough. Nina needed to know the truth for her sake. As angry as Tabitha was with Nina, she was worried for her. The foolish girl took Bill back and believed every word that came out of his lying mouth. She headed downstairs, calling to her.

"Nina, Bill's lying to you."

Nina turned around and sneered at Tabitha.

"Bill loves me! He wouldn't lie."

"Nina..." Tabitha shook her head. She then took off her cardigan to reveal the handprint-shaped bruises on her arms.

"Tabitha! What happened?!"

"Bill happened. You are partly right. He did confront me to get me to tell you I lied to you. But I didn't lie to you. I reminded him there was a witness. He was drunk and angry, Nina. So angry. You see, I met someone. When you saw me in the salon, I was getting my nails done for someone-my new boyfriend. I just didn't want you to know."

"You have a boyfriend?" Nina had a hint of hope in her voice.

"Yes. And Friday night, when you kicked Bill out, he came into my house uninvited to have it out with me. Instead, he walked in on my boyfriend and me...you know."

"Oh...eww!" Nina cringed.

"When Bill returned on Saturday, he was irate. I told him to buy you a nice gift and apologize. I felt that if he showed you how much he appreciated you with a gift, you might forgive him and take him back. He agreed. But Nina, Bill suddenly turned on me. He attacked me. He grabbed my arms, pinned me down, and tried to force himself on me. He said he would make me forget all about my new boyfriend. Bill was jealous, Nina."

"No! I-I don't believe Bill would do such a thing!"

"Neither did I until it happened. Something's changed in him, Nina. I'm worried."

"But-"

"I had to pull his hair and bite him to get out from under him. I ran as far as I could, then called the police. Look at my feet, Nina. I ran barefoot and scraped them up."

Tabitha showed Nina the bottoms of her feet.

"Oh, my god! Tabitha! I-I can't believe it! Are you okay?"

"I will be. Ben's taking me to file a restraining order against him today. Nina, I think you should break it off with Bill. He's too volatile."

"But, he's never hurt me. He's always been sweet, loving, and generous with me. He loves me."

"Nina, he never physically harmed me until Saturday, and we've known each other a lot longer."

"He's just been under a lot of stress lately. Now that I've taken him back, he'll be fine. He just needs to know that Ben isn't against him."

"But I am, Nina. He hurt my mom."

"You said yourself that it was out of character for him. Can't you find it in your heart to forgive him?"

Ben couldn't believe his ears. "No, Nina. I can't. My dad attacked and tried to rape my mom. That's unforgivable."

Nina looked down at her feet as if she had just been scolded. "Okay. Thank you for hearing me out, Ben. Just remember your father loves you very much. It's breaking his heart that you won't talk to him."

Nina turned to leave.

"Look, I know we've never seen eye-to-eye, Nina, but I really think you should reconsider leaving Bill. If you are worried about having to quit your job, I have some connections. I might be able to set you up with an interview at the nursing home I volunteer at."

"That's okay, Tabby. I know in my heart Bill would never harm me. But, it's sweet of you to offer."

Tabitha and Ben walked Nina to the door. She left with an expression of disappointment on her face. Ben and Tabitha left the house shortly afterward. She was able to file the temporary restraining order, and Ben requested one for himself as well. He wanted nothing to do with his father anymore. Tabitha let Jimin know she was going to be shopping with Ben and wouldn't be able to make it for lunch but that she would gladly have dinner with him.

As they browsed the furniture store, Tabitha and Ben had a fun time trying out different mattresses and deciding what bedroom set looked best and fit within Ben's budget. Tabitha helped pitch in for the cost, and they scheduled the delivery for the next day. Ben then took her to lunch at her favorite café.

As they reviewed the menu, Ben felt the need to say something.

"Mom?"

"Mm-hmm?" Tabitha responded, her eyes scanning the menu.

"You-you look different."

"Of course, I look different. I lost weight, remember?" Tabitha chuckled.

"No. It's something else."

"Do I have more gray hairs showing? Do I need to book a visit to the salon?"

"No. Your hair looks fine. It's just...you're glowing."

"Glowing? What am I, a lightbulb?" she smirked.

"No, not like that. It's just that you're so cheerful. I don't think I've seen you this happy in years."

"Ahh. That's what I like to call the 'Jimin Effect.' Jimin has irrevocably captured my heart."

"You're kidding, right? You two just met."

"When you know, you know."

"Mom...," Ben shook his head, believing his mother was just experiencing a strong case of puppy love. "...you, of all people, should know there's more to a relationship than...than great sex." Ben shivered and sneered a little as he spoke. He struggled to discuss the topic with his mom.

"Yes, but great sex most certainly helps," she laughed and wiggled her eyebrows.

"I just don't want to see you get hurt again. You can understand that, right?"

"Does Jimin really seem like the type to hurt someone? I realize he was just your real estate agent, but I'd like to think you spent enough time with him to get a feel for what kind of guy he is."

"I never thought Dad would hurt you. Then he started playing hide the sausage with Nina. Can you blame me for not trusting any man that dates my mom?"

"Ben, if I'm ever going to know love again, I'm going to have to allow myself to be vulnerable. That means risking getting my heart broken. I spent a lot of time working on myself after your dad left. I'm ready and willing to take that risk again. Are you ready and willing to support me in finding love? Even more, are you reading and willing to be there for me if it all blows up in my face?"

Ben took a deep breath in and exhaled. He then looked at Tabitha and nodded. "Yes, Mom. Your happiness is my everything. I apologize if I've been a dick to Jimin. To be honest, I'd probably be that way with any man that showed even a hint of interest in you."

"I love you, Ben. Pitbull tendencies and all," Tabitha smiled.

"Does that mean you forgive me?"

"I think it's Jimin who deserves the apology."

Ben nodded. "How about I invite him over to my house for dinner tonight? It can be my peace offering."

"I think that would be wonderful."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

716K 24.9K 63
You shouldn't have gotten tangled up with Park Jimin, but that's exactly what happened. Now you want out, but every day you're deeper in. He'd let yo...
9.9K 595 43
I'm not a bad person, Jimin, nor a good one, but I think I don't deserve to be humiliated like this. Please don't forget to follow and vote. Thank yo...
2.6M 104K 76
"In that case, you have two options. One: you don't get caught or two: you invite him to your party, seduce him, then tell him about your little kink...
114K 4.4K 40
❝JIMIN. YOU ARE A FUCKING PSYCHOPATH!❞ She wanted to fix him. He wanted to break her. ______________ [16/06/2018] #4 - #pjmff #66 - #jiminff #229...