Payback's A Bitch [COMPLETED]

By TheBoringchild

-NOT EDITED. DON'T PLAN TO EDIT EITHER- (I wrote this when I was 15/16 and honestly, I have no idea what kind... More

Payback's A Bitch
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine-pt2
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Well...Hello
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty- One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter 24- Payback isn't pretty
Chapter 25- White walls

Chapter Nine-pt1

1.5K 44 3
By TheBoringchild

Carter Cline POV:

Here I was; back at school. I was going avoid Logan at any cost; I needed to get rid of all these emotional feelings with in me before I could face him again. In fact I don't think I could face Emma either, after she took me to her house I wept on her shoulder for four hours straight. She kept asking me what was wrong and how my apartment got on fire but I told her that if she was my friend, she wouldn't question me. After that she didn't ask me anything, she just comforted me.

I wore a black blouse, beige chinos, black ballet pumps and thick beige bangles. I wanted confidence to radiate off me like the sun and its rays. After my melt down there was no way I was going to come across weak.

I flung open my locker and picked out the stuff I needed for my first lesson; dance. My first dance lesson since I started this school, I would say my dancing skills are as about as good as Rebecca Black's singing skills- you can judge that yourself. Honestly speaking, I hate dance. The only reason I agreed to participate in this lesson was so that I could keep an eye on Logan but right now I just want blow his head off. Why am I feeling this way towards him? Aren't I supposed to be the one in control? What the hell is happening to me? This is so frustrating. My mind occasionally wonders back to our almost kiss and what would've happened had it not been interrupted, I can feel the heat rising to my cheeks and then my mind goes back to how he didn't come to see me when I broke down and once again the heat rises to my cheeks but this time in anger. Slamming my locker shut I make my way to the dance studio.

I feel somebody tap me on the shoulder as I stop by a water fountain to quickly freshen my mind.

"Carter?" I stiffen when I realise its Emma, so much for not facing her.

I used my sleeve to wipe the water clean from around my mouth.

"Hey Emma" I don't make eye contact with her.

"Damn shit Carter!" She stomps her foot hard on the ground.

"What'd I do now?!" I ask in defence.

"I knew it! I just knew you'd be trying to avoid me"

"I don't know what you're talking about"

She slowly takes a step towards me, "look me in the eye and say that"

I clear my face of any emotions, "I don't know what you're talking about"

She crosses her arms across her chest and makes a grunting noise, "you're so hard to work with!"

We both walked together until the end of the corridor where we split paths; me to dance and her to art.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I sat on the floor, one leg crossed over the other as I readied my ankles for dance routines. My navy blue short reached mid thigh and I wore a red vest top, I tied my hair up in a messy bun. The door flung open and Skylar made her way towards me. I knew I wouldn't be able to talk to her without asking why she, 'my friend', didn't come to see me when my apartment burnt down. I looked in the other direction pretending I was watching the others prepare their routines.

I felt her sit down beside me and mimic my actions. I glanced at her slightly as she stretched out her legs, she wore grey jogging bottoms, a purple tank top and her hair was covered with a grey bandanna and a dark grey snap back.

She cleared her throat, "Carter?"

Luckily, she was interrupted by our dance teacher Mr Malone. He was mixed race with a light complexion, about 5'9, he had an Afro that sat neatly on his head. His blue eyes lit up whenever he danced, which was how I could tell that he put everything into dancing; soul, charisma, energy and love.

"Girls can you form a straight on the X over there and guys form a straight line just opposite, choose a partner that you will stand opposite to." Mr Malone said as he stretched out his legs.

Some girls had formed half a line whilst the others slowly made the way to the end of it. The boy started choosing their partners to stand opposite. The slight hope within me that I would be paired with Logan died when he went over and stood opposite Skylar. It infuriated me to see them together, I mean both of them didn't come to see me and now they're both pairing up together? Suspicious much? My thoughts were disturbed when my partner stood opposite me. It was Jett Lenon, he was one of the best dancers in our class luckily for him I was the worst (note the sarcasm). He was slightly taller than Logan; he wore a green t-shirt with which his defined biceps could be seen. His highlighted brown hair was settled on his head as though he'd just woken up, it looked good on him. He was an attractive guy, just not somebody my type.

"Today each pair will devise a routine of Intimate Street dancing, by the end of the week I want everyone to have it ready to perform." Mr Malone clapped his hands together as a signal for us to begin.

I walked up to Jett and he gave me a genuine smile in return.

"Jett." He held out his had for me to shake.

"Carter" I replied back.

"I know who you are."

I gave him a questioning look.

"You're the worst dancer in this whole class. Everyone knows who you are."

My shoulders slumped, "great. That's just great."

He guided me to a free space in the room, " don't worry, I'll teach you everything you need to know" he smirked.

After half an hour of Jett teaching me how to 'sway my hips to the music' we decided that it was time for a break.

"I'm going to get some water," Jett nodded agreeing with the idea.

Our dance studio was very big, mirrors- that reflected every horrible dance move that I made- were all around on the walls of the studio.

I saw Logan and Skylar out the corner of my eye as I made my way to the side benches. I clenched my fists at the idea of my 'best friend' and the guy I like together.

He was holding her waist as she swayed from right to left in sync with him. In attempt to be lifted by Logan she jumped slightly, but he couldn't handle her weight so she landed on her bottom. I couldn't help but let out a snicker. Her gaze locked with mine, glaring as she noticed me laughing at her. She stood up quickly, angrily brushing away imaginary dirt. I braced myself for the fury within her; I had my own anger, so she had something coming.

She sneered at me, "Why are you laughing?"

I planted my feet and crossed my arms across my chest, "I can do what I want."

She walked closer to me until our feet were touching, "oh really?"

I raised my eyebrow in thought of what she was playing at. Before I could respond she used full force and pushed me from my shoulders causing me to fall backwards.

"Well, then so can I" she sneered.

I pushed myself up of the floor in one smooth movement. Whilst dusting myself off I began to laugh. I looked up and saw confusion masked on her face which amused me more.

She scrunched her eyebrows and fisted her hands.

"Why the fuck are you laughing?" She screamed. Of course, her response only made me laugh more but obviously I wasn't going to let her question go unanswered.

I walked closer to her and placed my hand on her shoulder.

"Oh deary Skylar, don't you worry. I'm not laughing at you or at this situation. You're probably thinking I've gone crazy with the way I'm laughing and I guess in a way I probably have"

I continued my explanation and my anger kicked in once again, "I'm laughing at myself! I laughing at the fact that I even considered you as a friend, I'm laughing at the fact that I thought you'd be someone that'd stick by me no matter what, I am laughing at the damn fact that I thought that we would sit together and talk about the boys that we like! But these were all just thoughts because a bitch like you doesn't sit and talks boys she stands and takes boys!" My chest was heaving up and down as I took breathes after my long rant, letting all my feelings out.

Skylar stood shocked at my outburst; I knew she wasn't expecting that.

Logan walked in front of me, "Cart-"

Skylar interrupted him; she grabbed his arm and pulled him towards herself, "NO!" She exclaimed at the top of her lungs, "stay away from her! She's gone crazy! I mean what the hell was she saying? I'm a bad friend? Well you know what maybe we shouldn't be friends!" She spun on her heels, like a typical drama queen, and marched away.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Well hello there!
I'm sorry this half chappie is quite short but do not worry I have more on the way! Well Skylar and Carter are no longer friends! What do you guys think about that? Leave a comment.
And since you're reading this please check out this video--> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_BbQnBbACU
Please vote, comment and fan!
Spread the word; Payback's A Bitch

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3M 80.1K 141
Soon to be Published under GSM Darlene isn't a typical high school student. She always gets in trouble in her previous School in her grandmother's pr...
6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
678K 2.6K 65
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...