Foreign Skies

Von floweryejin

Getting lost in a foreign city, a dangerous stalker and an unrequited love. Cover by @rtokkiesz and @flowerye... Mehr

Welcome to Europe
Butterflies
Under the Clock
Timeless
Daylight
Heartbreak Prince
Queen of Hearts

Soulmate Founded

629 50 6
Von floweryejin

"My trip is cut short. I'm going back home one week earlier."

Cling. The glass of martini in Jeong Hyeok's hand fell back onto the bar, liquid splashing out in all directions.

"Why?" Jeong Hyeok sputtered.

"I should be staying for about two weeks, but my secretary called today and told me that the partnership with Swarovski will end if I don't meet with their CEO next week." Seri had never been seen crying to a stranger, but here she was, on the verge of breaking down. She told him all about what Secretary Kim had said, and being a good listener, Ri Jeong Hyeok sat there quietly and patiently, listening to her rants without once interrupting.

Deep down, Ri Jeong Hyeok was disappointed.

For thirty four years, he had never been someone who'd pay attention on women. Sure, he had dated before, but he would admit it was just something he had done to appease his family. His father had set him up with the daughter of a colonel in Pyongyang, and there was no reason for Jeong Hyeok to reject her. She has a small, pretty face and dark hair that ended on her shoulders. They had a few dates and when the daughter ran to her father complaining that "this guy is so boring. I'd rather date an old man in his eighties," Ri Jeong Hyeok was back to being single.

Of course, no matter how hard he tried to control his relationship status, there were always women who wanted to impress him, to be the special one. Yes, he is relatively boring, but his runway-worthy looks... It was hard not to resist.

It was the same routine for him every day - wake up, brush his teeth, get dressed, have breakfast, pack his piano sheets, go to work, and come home. Nothing and no one could be able to catch his attention.

Until he stumbled upon a lost woman on the streets in London.

When she turned around, he didn't recognize her at first. She seems familiar, he had thought. It's like I've seen her before.

Then, when she tells him she owns Seri's Choice, the lightbulb in his mind immediately goes off. Even in North Korea, he had seen gigantic advertisements of Seri's Choice and her face plastered on the walls, on the sides of the bus, and even in the limited search engines, Seri holding a bottle of Seri's Choice Skin Serum was never unrecognizable.

He had expected her to be problematic, probably because of what he'd encounterd before with rich and powerful women (though he'd never admit it, just like the colonel's daughter), and he was wrong. She was polite, he could see from the road trip; a bit chatty, as if there was no one she could talk to back at home, and exactly his type. He wanted to know more about her, to know her thoughts and eventually, maybe, just maybe... be able to taste those soft, pink lips.

"...So I have to go back to Seoul a week earlier to meet the CEO." Seri finished, gulping down the remaining beer. She was already feeling tipsy from the beer and, of course, the dashing man beside her.

Jeong Hyeok nodded thoughtfully, hiding his disappointment. I was planning to get to know you better and spending more time with you. "How many more days are you staying here?"

Seri counted, ticking off days with her fingers. "Today is my second day. The launching of Seri's Choice is five days away. I'll go home in the afternoon on that day." She chuckled mindlessly, cheeks red and eyes half closed due to the beer.

That's less than a week, Jeong Hyeok thought. He was about to respond when he felt a sudden weight on his shoulder.

He turned left, expecting to see Seri beside him. But instead, her head was planted lightly on top of his shoulder, eyes closed.

"I've got a lot on my mind, Jeong Hyeok. I don't know what I'd do if this partnership is over. My parents would be disappointed in me, my brothers would have a higher chance to run the family business in the future... It would be humiliating."

This was the first time Seri had called him by his name. Jeong Hyeok's heart skipped a beat. She was so close to him, and a bit too close, maybe...

Seri looked up into his eyes, her face inches away from his. She chuckled lazily, "I've only met you today and I've already spilled all my secrets."

She leaned in closer; Jeong Hyeok was almost positive she was leaning in to kiss him.

"Don't tell anyone this but... If the partnership is successful, I'll mail you a lifetime supply of my products." She whispered in his ear, chuckling, her hot breath making Jeong Hyeok blush involuntarily.

She leaned back, sitting up straight on the stool again, as if the close contact had never happened.

"If the partnership is successful, maybe you should come to London again. I'll wait for you." Jeong Hyeok whispered

"I'd love that." Seri mumbled, eyes closing fully.

---

The sunshine was blinding. Didn't she pull the curtains in last night?

Seri groaned, pulling herself up. She looked around, racking her brains as to what happened last night.

She checked herself. She still had clothes on, so it wasn't that bad. But the curtains weren't pulled in. That  was something suspicious; she did that every night, no matter where she is.

Oh my god. She gasped.

She bumped Ri Jeong Hyeok in a bar. They chatted. But what did we talk about? Seri thought, screaming in frustration. She got drowsy. They took the lift back to their floor. Ri Jeong Hyeok asked for her room number. She told him. He helped her get into bed. He left.

Okay, I can handle this. We didn't get touchy, right? It's not that bad, she tried to reassure herself. It was just a normal, friend-to-friend talk. Nothing happened.

She tried to shove her thoughts away and prepare for her day. Taking off the clothes from yesterday, Seri put on a new set of underwear, a simple white long-sleeved shirt and shorts. Stepping into the bathroom, the reflection in the mirror was terrifying. Her makeup was smudged, with the mascara trailing down from the corners of her eyes. The lipstick on her lips were out of line, and her hair looked like she got in a wrestle fight. She shook her head, disapproving, and washed it all away with her Seri's Choice Skin Toner. She wiped her face clean with a towel, and within five minutes, Seri was glowing again. She smiled, satisfied with her look, and turned on her laptop.

There was no emails, but there was a text on her phone from Secretary Kim. She clicked on it and read the message.

"Just confirmed meeting with Swarovski CEO. Day after landing 9:00am."

Seri sighed. Whoever this CEO was, she better come up with a very good reason about backing out from the partnership.

---

The alarm went off. A string of piano music played from his phone. Jeong Hyeok grunted and turned it off, slumping back onto the bed. He rubbed his eyes, trying to rub away the sleepiness and fatigue. Looking at the clock, he realizes that he's almost late for an orchestra rehearsal. Getting up quickly, he cleans himself and changes into decent clothes, grabs an apple and ran for the door.

Just when he was about to press the button for the lift, he turned back to the corridor. Should I invite her? He pondered, nervous. What if she doesn't like watching me practice? He was in front of her door before he could stop himself. His finger was itching to press the bell beside the door.

Jeong Hyeok took a deep breath and pressed the button. Ding.

Silence. Jeong Hyeok decided that maybe she was still sleeping. Maybe she was busy working. He turned away and was about to sprint to the lift when-

"Who's there?"

The door opened.

Seri poked her head out and gasped. Clearly avoiding him was harder than she had imagined.

"Oh. Hi. You look... really good." Seri stammered, eyeing Jeong Hyeok in his white shirt and black pants.

He chuckled, showing his deep dimples. Seri hitched a breath.

"I'm going to orchestra practice. I was just wondering... if you're interested in watching me play the piano."

Seri bit the inside of her cheek. This was probably the most romantic thing anyone has ever asked her. "I'd love to come." A full bloom appeared on her cheeks.

Jeong Hyeok smiled, blushing. Scratching the back of his neck, he motioned for her to close the door. "You can get changed. I'll wait for you by the lift."

"Okay."

---

author's note: faq: when are they gonna kiss? i don't know🤨

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

65.4K 2K 13
It's their first beginning after a litany of goodbyes, and everything feels positively electric in their newfound sanctuary. "Can I get you anything...
75.3K 2.9K 25
This is a new journey for the new student in campus. The protagonist left everything behind to start on a new life. But what if there is more then me...
43K 1.8K 12
"I didn't say I don't find him attractive. I just think that he knows that he's attractive and he's letting it get into his head." That is what Yoon...
50.6K 3.4K 41
A collection of Binjin oneshots.