🌃 Eruleum's King

Par army_girl3

After defeating Lilith and escaping Edom, the TMI gang finally returns to their common lifes in New York, rea... Plus

• Prologue • Metallic kingdom •
• Chapter 1 • Red Code •
• Chapter 2 • Bat out of hell •
• Chapter 3 • Butterflies •
• Chapter 4 • Autumn leafs •
• Chapter 5 • Ten •
• Chapter 6 • Music box •
• Chapter 8 • Bonds •
• Chapter 9 • Gate to love •
• Chapter 10 • Sharp edges •
• Chapter 11 • Crystal hearts •
• Chapter 12 • New Paragraph •
• Chapter 13 • Before the storm •
• Chapter 14 • Under the moonlight •
• Chapter 15 • Faerie Tale
• Chapter 16 • Partners in crime
• Chapter 17 • Hide and seek •
• Chapter 18 • Race against time •
• Chapter 19 • Bronze gate •
• Chapter 20 • Silver gate •
• Chapter 21 • Golden gate •
• Chapter 22 • Until we meet again •
• Chapter 23 • Love shots •
• Chapter 24 • Boarding ticket •
• Chapter 25 • Burnt memories •
• Chapter 26 • Twin moonlights •
• Chapter 27 • Eruleum's King •
Chapter 28 • Bird hunting •
• Chapter 29 • Unfair fairness •
• Chapter 30 • Memento Mori •
• Chapter 31 • Riddle •
• Chapter 32 • Eerie reality •
• Chapter 33 • Abyss •
Chapter 34 • Hope and uncertainty
Chapter 35 • The Shadowhunters Academy
Chapter 36 • A matter of pride •
Chapter 37 • That rune •
Chapter 38 • Him •
Chapter 39 • Silent Promise •
Chapter 40 • Timeless •
Epilogue • Burning love •
• Author's note •

• Chapter 7 • Hidden lovers •

63 3 0
Par army_girl3

-Are you sure that you don't want to come?

Matt was almost ready, just deciding between a green or red jacket, as Isabelle stared from the door.

-What I can't believe is that you are leaving. What about mom and dad? They are not going to like this at all.

-Do I seem worried?

In fact, the hazel-eyed boy was more concerned about the clothes he was taking with him that about his parents' possible telling off.

-You never seem...

Izzy crossed her arms, looked away.
She thought that maybe, Matt could understand her, since they shared similar personalities. But not even Alec was rejecting their new mission, so how could she expect Matt to listen to her?
Besides, the boy just thought Isabelle was mad for no reason, that she would overcome it sooner or later.

-I love you too. Take care.

And after taking his bag, Matt went to Isabelle, kissed her forehead and left the room.
He firmly believed they would return to the Institute soon and that there was no need of dramatic goodbyes.

Simon was not that convinced and as soon as Matt left, he approached the girl.
Since last day at the training room, they haven't talked, and he hated that pressure on his chest.

-Iz...

-You're going too... -She was leaning against the door, embracing herself, eyes on the floor.

-I have to...

-No, you don't...

-It's what I want... I want to help Ten... -Despite his nervousness, he placed himself in front of her. His shaky hands on her arms. -Talk to me, Isabelle...

-I'll do it when you realise this is crazy... -Finally, her eyes were on his.

For a couple of seconds, it was just their eyes talking to each other, scanning every trace of them as if Simon was searching a way to unlock Isabelle's heart.
It was probably the first time she closed herself up in such a way.

-If you don't trust Ten, it's okay... But trust me, please... -He spoke with soft voice, almost begging for something that wouldn't happen.

-Go, Simon...

-I don't wanna go like this... Without talking, without you kissing me...

He delicately placed a strand of her silky hair behind her ear, then his hand caressed her cheek as he came closer to softly press his lips against hers.

Like a statue, Izzy refused to move, to kiss him back even if her body ached for it. Her nails were already scratchimg her own arms and her heart shouted for freedom.

When the girl thought she had enough courage to open a small fissure in her walls, Simon was already parting.

-I love you...

"I know" was what Simon expected her to reply, but his princess Leia was not willing to say it, so, as Han Solo, the boy took his hands off her and left the room, slowly in case she decided to go to him.
However, Isabelle just stayed still, her fingers touching his own lips as if her boyfriend was there.
Being so vulnerable, so unable to scape her pride broke her soul and soon, regrets came to accompany her.

...

Fortunately, Harry came up with a good excuse for almost all of them leaving the Institute, but since he was so bad at lying, Jace took care of it.

-Yeah, some other faeries are waiting for her in London, we will take her there and we'll come back. -It even seemed like the truth, mostly because Jace's confidence and calm voice tone. -Isabelle is staying with Clary in case you need something.

It would be too suspicious if the whole gang left and Jace, found a way to convince Clary to stay, not because he thought she wouldn't be able to carry on with the mission, but because he wanted her to stay safe.

-Harry is from London, this mission shouldn't take you longer. -Robert looked at Jace and pointed at Harry with his head, who was talking to Magnus, while they waited with Matt, Simon and Alec,  who found it hard to control Ten's excitement.

-Sure, so you don't need to worry.

-I am not.

Of course he wasn't. Robert Lightwood knew it was duty and he was more than okay with that.

They were all outside the Institute, waiting for Maryse, but she could be found at her office, soffocating herself between paperwork, until someone knocked the door and it opened.

-They are about to go...

If it wasn't for Clary, Maryse wouldn't have realised, so she finally was able to leave aside what she was doing and follow Clary outside.

-Sorry for the delay. -The woman said, ignoring her husband and going directly to Jace, who was already trapped by Clary's arms.

-It's okay. We're in time.

Maryse nodded, as she watched Matt and Alec, Harry and Magnus.
Having twins was already difficult, but giving birth to one warlock and one Shadowhunter, a miracle. Yet, she saw in Magnus and Harry the exact same bond she perceived between her sons
She didn't have time to think about that until that moment, when Harry was sweetly smiling at his brother, while she spoke and Matt, tried to tease Alec by trying to take his scarf and put it around his neck too.
If they were not nervous at all, the mission must be a piece of cake.
Nevertheless, she waved at Matt and Alec so they approached.

-Take care, alright? Do what you have to and do not get distracted from your objective.

-We know. -Alec nodded, his blue eyes on his mother's. It might not be the best option to lie to her and Robert, but if they could find the box, Ten wouldn't be a problem anymore.

-Come on, it's not a dangerous mission. -In fact, Ten described it as risky, but Matt wasn't that sure.

-Matthew, that doesn't mean it's a game. -Now, Maryse seemed more serious than before, but Matt cared little.

-We'll bring a souvenir.

Saying nothing more, the hazel eyes focused on his parents and then, the boy went back with the rest. He hated when Maryse pretended to care.
Yet, the woman's eyes showed an eerie expression, as if she was used to those replies from his son, but at the same time as if she wanted him to say something else.
Alec could understand his twin, but not share his actitude.

-See you soon...

After than, Alec squeezed Clary's arm too and decided to follow Matt, looking from time to time to the Institute, waiting for Isabelle to show, but he knew his sister too well for knowing that wouldn't happen.

-You should go to... Text me, and be careful. -Not that Clary wanted that. The little biscuit was even thinking about preventing Jace from going by hugging him nonstop.

-Come on, babe, I'm always am. -Jace cupped his girlfriend's face as he chuckled and then, kissed her forehead.

-Sure...

Both laughed together, while they shared sweet kisses and rubbed their noses.
Jace could be a fierce warrior with no feelings, but also the most tender boyfriend when Clary was with him. Love definitely did rare things on people.

Sooner than they would like, they had to leave through the portal Magnus opened.

-Do not worry a bit, Ms. and Mr.Lightwood. I'll take good care of those kids. -Specially of the pretty one with blue eyes, but Magnus considered it would be better to not say thay.

Robert didn't answer, his despective look towards Magnus said everything.
On the other hand, Maryse just nodded.
Neither of them were used to warlocks and knowing Magnus had a romance with their older son wasn't precisely helping.
Not that Magnus cared, he even waved with a friendly smile and was the last one to leave through the portal.

In less than a minute, in front of them a country house apperared, made of stone and wood, the balconies decorated with multiple plants and a chimney on top of the roof.
Outside, there could be found a couple of wooden chairs and a table, and a black all-terrain car parked on the back yard.

They were sure that faerie-tail-like house in the middle of the countryside was not precisely the crowded center of London.

-Your portal GPS is not working, right? This is not... London.

Simon didn't want to doubt Magnus' abilities, yet, the more he looked around, the more he thought they were at the place Luke used to take him and Clary as kids.

-Of course it's London. -Magnus rolled his eyes, annoyed. -But we couldn't just portal in the middle of the city, that would be rare. Besides, since Ragnor is at the Spyral Labyrinth, he kindly let us stay here, at his place.

In fact, Ragnor knew nothing about the gang being there. Once, he told Magnus to stay away from his home, but Magnus took it as an invitation to go whenever he wanted.

-It's... Amazing... -Harry was totally speechless, he had never seen so much green together, or such a precious house, which reminded him of one book he once read.
He couldn't stop looking everywhere, even if it was cloudy, he could spent hours walking around the place.

-I would prefer to be at the museum but... This is incredible! Look at those pines! And the orchids! Oh my god!

Ten's yells echoed all around, as she threw her backpack to the ground and started to run to the house, no shoes, just her foot in contact with the soft grass.
The city wasn't for the girl, nature would always have power over her.

-I guess she liked it. -Matt started to laugh, picking Ten's backpack from the ground.

-This is not a vacation... We have to focus...

Alec had to admit the place was breath-taking, yet, he would be able to appreciate it more if they wasn't on a mission.
Soon, he started to walk to the house, Jace by his side, Simon with them, Matt next to Harry and Magnus.

-Isabelle and Clary would love this... -Said Harry, still looking around. -I'm worried about your sister... She was really upset.

It went in his nature to think about others, to worry even if it wasn't his fault and soon, his eyes were on the hazel ones, who stared back, while shaking his head.

-Do not worry that much. She's just in a bad mood.

Obviously Matt knew Isabelle better, so Harry had to trust him, as he always did.
Even if being Parabatai wasn't an option, the half Shadowhunter refused to let their bond fade.

Magnus watched them in silent, curiosity in his cat eyes. He could swear there was something different between them, a kind of mysterious connection, a rare gleam in Matt's eyes he couldn't identify.
Even Harry's eyes hid something and Magnus may have an idea of what could it be, yet, he preferred to, for once, be patient.
He had seen love in all his ways, changing every century and the only thing that remained intact was that every lover, got shiny eyes.

...

The interior of the house was even more impressive than the exterior.
It was bigger than it seemed, comfortable, a homly reassurance and a warm atmosphere due to the chimney.
Books, sofas, chairs and tables perfectly organized, every room in perfect conditions.
The only disturbing thing was the bunch of portrays that Ragnor had from himself.
Magnus felt as if his dearest cabbage was judging him through the eyes of the paintings and it gave him the creeps.

Everyone choose a room from the second floor and as soon as they left all the things there, they reunited on the living room.

-How long are we staying? -Ten was too impatience, she was craving for going to the museum and couldn't remain still.
Actually, the faerie walked from one place to the other of the room, touched everything that caught his attention and almost broke some crystal vases.

-First we need a plan, if you don't like it, I would be glad to send you back to New York. -Replied Jace, crossing his arms, rubbing his forehead from time to time. Couldn't that girl stay calm? Couldn't she sit down for just one second? Apparently not.

-Of course I don't like it. -She frowned, untangling some leafs that got stuck before in her silver hair. -I want my music box back. -Her eyes were on Jace's, both killing each other with one stare.
Maybe they were both too impatience, to strong-tempered.

-And I want you out of here and I'm not complaining.

Ten had no other option but be honest, she couldn't lie, but Jace, wasn't willing to stay quiet, he had no problem in showing how much the faerie bothered him.

-Do something or I'm going to burn their asses... -Magnus watched Alec sideways, making his best effort to contain his magic, mostly because Ragnor would be even more angry if he accidentally burned the portraits.

Also quite fed up, Alec nodded and approached Jace, touching his shoulder.
If there was something the blue-eyed could do, was having the ability to calm his Parabatai within seconds.

-Let's calm down. Today we're taking the day to plan, and tomorrow we'll go to the museum. Alright?

As the leader he was, even if he didn't notice, Alec knew to stay calm, to give orders in a polite way and respect every member of the group even if they were too annoying.
Kind of hot thing, from Magnus' point of view.

At least, Harry remained calm, watching them from one of the sofa with Simon, and Matt, directly ignored them, since he was too busy searching for food on the fridge. Of course, there was nothing, warlocks preferred to conjure food and Matt doubted it would be the best option to drink the potions that were next to the counter.

...

At the Institute, things weren't much better.
Isabelle refused to get out of the training room, she drunk more coffee in an hour than Matt during the whole day and she locked herself up there with a rune to make sure no one interrumpted.
Not even Clary could reach her with an opening rune.
At least, Luke came when Clary called him, not even hesitating a bit. If his kiddo needed him, he would be there.

Clary had asked him to bring some spare clothes she kept at Luke's house, since her intention was to give them to Ten, even if the faerie seemed to be uncomfortable wearing hoodies or trousers.

-This was all I could find, is it okay?

-It's perfect.

And with a big smile, she hugged Luke, who caressed her hair and pressed his lips against his head.
Afterwards, Clary started to leave the clothes on top of her wardrove, or at least try it, not even standing on her tip toes, she could reach the top.
Fortunately, Luke did it for her, as he had been doing since she was a little kid and tbe girl wasn't able to take something from the counter.

Being small wasn't Clary's favourite thing, but luckily, tall people existed to help her.

-I would have loved to go with the rest to the mission, but Jace insisted it would be better to be here with Isabelle, she's... Well, quite upset... -With a sigh, Clary sat down on her bed.

That gloomy look in her eyes was enough for Luke to sit next to her, ready to listen and give advice.

-And with her parents here, the situation isn't any better...

The girlconsidered herself lucky for having someone as understanding and loving as Luke, but she was conscious that Isabelle didn't have that confidence with her parents, that she learnt to be strong on her own.

Clary's green eyes focused on Luke's, gazing him in a way that he instantly knew what she meant with it.

-Okay, okay, I'll try to talk to her. -Before he could continue talking, Clary was hugging him again. How to resist Clary's sweetness? -But I can't promise anything...

-I know. -The Shadowhunter nodded a couple of times. -Thank you, Luke...

Just having Luke trying, was more than enough for Clary.
She patiently waited in her room while organizing her art supplies. Maybe Isabelle needed no friends, but a paternal figure to guide her and the red-haired girl was sure Luke could do a great job.
Being a warewolf didn't change how good father he was.

After he left Clary's room, he walked through the corridors, following the far sound of Isabelle's knuckles against the boxing sack, or the wip hitting wooden mannequins.
Even if he had no idea where to find the training room, his warewolf hearing guided him.

What he wasn't expecting, was that woman to come out from one of the rooms.
Years had passed and it mattered little, both could recognise each other, their souls dedinitely recalled those memories they shared.

-Lucian?

-Maryse?

They stayed in front of each other, staring with wide eyes, completely speechless, as if that moment took them thirty years ago.

-What are you doing here? -The woman couldn't think of a better question, she was too stunned.

-I came to visit Clary...

-Clary? -She was even more confused than before, maybe if she had a closer relationship with Clary, Maryse would have known about Luke before.

-She's my daughter.

So Lucian became a dad... Maryse thought Clary and him had little, if none, similarities.
Maryse had so many questions, and so did Luke.

-And I suppose you're the head of the Institute... And that your married Robert.

It all made sense. In fact, the first time Luke met the Lightwood children, his first thought was Maryse and now, his suspects were confirmed.

-That's right... -She sighed, as if confirming that was a punishment more than something to be proud of.

-I'm happy for you.

Luke showed no resentment, no rage, actually, he smiled, his eyes still on Maryse as if it was impossible for him to look away.

-I'm glad you formed a family too. Did you get married?

It felt quite awkward to break the ice in such a way, but neither of them had a better idea.

-No. -Luke shook his head. Explaining about Jocelyn was something that could revolt his emotions and for a warewolf, that wasn't good. -It's complicated. But Clary is fine, so I am too.

That sincere and loving smile, that spark in his eyes demonstrated more than words could. Maryse could understand better why Clary was so caring, sweet and kind.

-She is a great Shadowhunter. -Maryse wasn't just saying that to be nice, as her children, she was honest. It was probably the first time that Luke saw her smile since thirty years ago.

-Your children are quite... Reckless sometimes. But good kiddos, you did good.

Both of them laughed together as they used to, Maryse placing a strand of hair behind her ear.

-I tried to. Raising three completely different kids is not easy. Even the twins are like the sun and the moon.

-I noticed that. -But Luke was smiling again. Maryse's kids were like his.

Again, they stayed silent. Not as awkward as before, but still an eerie tension in the air.

-Do you want coffee or...?

Maryse never thought she would get another opportunity to have a coffee with Luke, the proposal came out almost instantly.

-I'd love to... But Clary asked me to talk to your daughter. -And taking care of Clary and her friends was Luke's priority.

-Isabelle? -Maryse's expression changed instantly. -What happened to her?

Was she a good mother even if everyone knew what was going on with Isabelle but her? Maryse started to doubt that.

-Clary told me she's quite... Upset, and not willing to talk. She asked me to try.

He couldn't tell Maryse about the faerie mission, but as a parent, he understood Maryse's concern, he didn't doubt a second to follow the woman when she headed the training room.
She had been too focused on her own issues and work that her family became a secondary thing and Maryse was starting to realize that.

...

Night at the city had something magical due to the lights, the colors, but in the countryside, the moon seemed to shine brighter, every star and constalation gleamed strongers and the breeze felt quite different, less heavier.

After planning the following day's mission and having a nice dinner, conjured by Magnus, everyone took a moment to unwind.

Simon and Matt were playing cards outside and by Simon's face, he wasn't the luckiest player.
Harry stayed sat down on the stairs of the entrance next to them, while reading a book.
Ten was determined to build a hammock on top on a true, she even took the blankets from her room and some laces from the hoodies Clary gave her.
Actually, her abilities were more than good and the hammock seemed to be almost ready in less than half an hour.
She wasn't afraid of heights, in fact, the higher the tree, the better.

Jace preferred to stay as far as he could from her and he locked himself up on his room, taking advantage of the situation to text Clary.

He wasn't the only one wanting to talk with his lover, Alec and Magnus found alone time too.
Both were sitting by the chimney on separate couches, one in front of the other, Magnus having a glass of Brandy and Alec a cup of coffee.

-I thought it was enough with my parents staying at the Institute, but this beats that.

-Your parents are not that bad. -Magnus chuckled, as his cat eyes watched the fire. A warm yellow and orange light bathing both, just the sound of cracking fire invading the living room. -I have the feeling they don't like me much, and that they suspect Harry is a warlock too, but there's nothing I can do.

-I'm sorry... -Alec held his cup tighter, his ocean eyes on the black coffee. -It must be awkward...

-Not really, I don't want everyone to love me. Having too many fans is overwhelming.

Magnus' actitude was something Alec admired. He cared only when necessary, overthinking wasn't even a word on his vocabulary and always found a way to make the situation less unfortunate.
The only thing the Shadowhunter would like was that the warlock stopped hiding his pain behind humor, but he couldn't blame the warlock, since he tried to hide his emotions almost all the time.

It wasn't in Alec's plans to present Magnus as his boyfriend, not yet, and was glad that Magnus wasn't demanding it.

-You're always helping us... Thank you... -Alec believed Magnus should be thanked more often.

-What else can I do? Just a second not paying attention to you and you're already in trouble.

The two of them bursted into laughter, that was too accurate.
The warlock had little idea of why was he helping. It wasn't just because the gang saved him or because he loved adventures. It might be because he wanted to spend time with Harry, with Alec... The important thing was that he didn't regret it.
How could he regret being finally alone with such pretty boy by the fire?
He just needed one more thing.

Not waiting even a second longer, Magnus drunk the last sip from his glass, which he left on a small round table that was by the couch.
The next thing he did, was stand up, obtaining Alec's attention instantly, as if a wild cat was coming closer.

With a grin and a relaxed stare, the warlock took the cup from Alec hands and left it next to his glass, then, he took Alec's face in his hands a his lips were colliding in less than a second.
The fruity test from the brandy giving that sweet touch to the bitterness of coffee.

Since the warlock was standing up, the Shadowhunter had no option but leave his hands on Magnus' waist, feeling the silky robe under his fingers.
Maybe that wasn't the most comfortable position for a kiss, so Magnus was shameless enough to make himself comfortable on Alec's lap.
The Shadowhunter's body instantly reacted, his finger tips pressed Magnus' waist and his heart pounded harder, yet, their lips weren't willing to part.

Their bodies felt so warm against each other, and not only because of the fire, but because their inner heat, because of their burning souls.
It had never came to Alec's mind the possibility of being so comfortable like that. He never thought he would have the ability to be so close to someone and wanting that person even closer.

Actually, his hands travelled to Magnus' back, pulling him closer and the warlock, surrounded his Shadowhunter's neck while the free hand caressed his strong arm, his shoulder, that rune that decorated his neck.
Their lips moved slowly, at the same rhythm, but passionate, becoming addicted to the soft touch.
Soon, Magnus' tongue traced Alec's lips, not asking for permission, but demanding it and even if his whole body was shaking, the Shadowhunter let that new experience embrace him.
As soon as their tongues met, the only thing they regretted wasn't doing that before.
They were generous with each other, taking turns to explore each other's mouths, also, they stole kisses, gave mischeivous bites and giggled between kisses.
Who would have said that kissing could be that entertaining?
For someone so unused to physical contact like Alec, that moment turned out to be magical, perfect, impossible to describe with words.
Of course, Magnus had no doubt that warrior was driving him even more crazy every second, he didn't know if holding back could be possible.

-Maybe this mission is not that bad, right? -Muttered Magnus, his eyes half closed, his lips brushing Alec's as their agitated breaths collided.

The touch of his cold rings against Alec's neck sensitive skin made the blue-eyed boy shiver.

-It's not bad... It's horrible... -The blue-eyed boy chuckled, so did the one with cat eyes, as the Shadowhunter licked his own lips.
His tongue accidentally brushed Magnus' lips, who couldn't help but smile, totally satisfied. -But this makes it a little better.

-Oh... Where did that "emotions are nothing but a distraction" thing go? -Playfully, Magnus raised his eyebrows, their eyes meeting. He could detect some of his own glitter on Alec's face, but it was such a tender thing that he refused to say it.

-Shut up... -Said Alec, giggling, his thumbs caressing Magnus' back. Not even him knew how to answer that question.

-Make me...

No more fond stares, now, they were two defying cats challenging each other with a stare, two moons fighting for having the most powerful moonlight.
Alec could be also competitive, maybe not as much as Matt, but if Magnus wanted to play, he wouldn't reject the challenge.
The book about Love tips was useful, but Matt was right when saying experience was the best teacher.

Not even a minute passed before their lips met again, passionate, anxious, not controlling a bit.
While kissing, Magnus sat on the couch, his legs resting on Alec's while caressing his chest.
Alec's arm was around Magnus' shoulders, pulling him closer, his free hand caressing the warlock's cheek.
Now, the cracking fire's sound was nothing compared with the sound coming from their lips and breaths.

The way Shadowhunters put their passion in everything they did, cautivated Magnus, specially when that Shadowhunter was Alec, an apparently shy and cold cat that deep inside, was a tiger surrounded by burning flames.
He loved almost no one but when he did, nothing could compare to it.

The country house could be turned into nothing more than ashes and the hidden lovers would remain there.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

8K 262 13
( Trigger warning - depression, self-harm, bullying, strong language, homophobia, physical assault, suicidal thoughts, suicide. ) "What if the only w...
29.9K 1.4K 20
** All books in the 'Malec Fairytale Series' can be read in any order. None of the books over lap or connect. They each follow a different fairytale*...
15.7K 1K 74
(Sequel to Alec's Last Arrow. ) Not all Angels are born with wings. After the fight with Jonathan, the New York Institute is left devasted. Isabelle...
10.1K 604 30
This is a sequel to A Surprise and A Betrayal. If you haven't read that story go check it out first. Because it's a sequel, you won't understand most...