Mass Effect :: Spartan Interv...

By Void-Shark

Spartan VII's, top of the line armour, weapons, and training... Meet "Ulz" Z-101, one of the first Rakshasa C... More

Mayday, Mayday
Meetings & Briefings
Clear Hostile Intent
HVP(s)
Whatcha Want?
Council Introduction

Friendly Contact

615 17 0
By Void-Shark

- Geth Fighter -
- Unknown Deep Space -

"Good news, and bad news!" Aurora appears next to Ulz, who is sat within the Geth Fighter they had apprehended.

"Good news is, the flight controls and IFF have been altered for my control, bad news is... Well, it seems a lot is changed." Aurora holds up a holographic map, revealing a number of new things in space.

"That things big." Ulz points at an oddly shaped space station of sorts, "Does this ship tell us anything?"

"That is called a Mass Effect Driver, and it's pretty much slipspace... It sounds safer though." Aurora powers the ship, beginning to soar through space, headed towards a nearby Mass Driver.

"Any safe place for us to set down?" Aurora hums, swiping through a few destinations.

"The Citadel, when we get close, I'll start pulsing out a Spartan Mayday." She plops her holographic self onto Ulz's lap, sending a smile up at him.

"Hopfully we won't get shot down..." He leans into the cramped seat, "I'm gonna rest a bit, wake me-"

"-When I need ya." She winks.

- Timeskip -
- Citadel Space -
- Geth Fighter -
- On Approach -

"Alright, big guy, we're getting close." Ulz shifts, stretching a crik out of his back.

"Good, my ass is sore... These ships are not Human compatible." As he's getting comfortable, the lights within the ship become blood red as an alarm begins beeping.

"Oh dear, uh... Get on the horn!"

Ulz quickly leans forward, "This is Spartan Commander Z-101, I've hijacked a Geth fighter, and would greatly enjoy not being shot down!" There is a moment of silence.

"This is the Asari Destroyer, Destiny Ascension." Aurora pulls up a holographic screen, revealing a massive ship. "How have you come into possession of that fighter?"

"Ma'am, I come from the Frigate Peace of Sanghelios, just recently I woke from Cryogenic sleep..." Aurora pulls up a holographic image of an odd Blue skinned woman, "Said frigate is currently a derelict, these Geth attempted to board the ship-"

[ Matriarch Lidanya ]

"-I fought off the small insertion team, and Hijacked the Fighter myself." The woman looks away from the screen, speaking to her superior.

"Approach Hangar Bay D17, our own fighters will escort you, Commander." Ulz sighs, allowing Aurora to input the coordinates and gently fly in.

"We haven't been shot at yet, I'd say that's pretty good..."

"For now, now... Uh, that woman was Blue, right?" Aurora appears on his palm, pushing a few screen around.

"Asari, mono-gendered, currently the most advanced race... Along with, Salarians, Turians... Volus, and Elcor... Humans too."

"This isn't gonna turn into another Shaw-Fujikawa situation, right?" Aurora giggles.

"Nope, else we would've been shot down, remember?" Ulz let's out a breath as the fighter rocks, touching down onto the surface of the hangar bay.

"Fair warning, there are a... Large number of Unknowns out there... So, y'know, play Diplomat." She vanishes into his helmet as he begins to climb from the ship making sure his weapons a secured to his back.

He jumps down from the fighter, raising his hands above his head slowly, as a few aliens approach, weapons raised.

"My energy shields have been brought offline, and my weapons are on safe... I have no wish for hostile conflict." An odd looking alien, one which looks like a bird approach.

"Sergeant Pillion Virtus, nice to meet you Commander," He sticks a hand out, and they shake, "I take it you've come off a covert operation?"

[ Pillion Virtus ]

"I actually just woke up Sergeant, the Frigate I was in Stasis on is... Well, it's a derelict now, unfortunately."

"Sorry to hear that, Commander, if you'll follow me, I'll get you to the Human Embassy, we'll get that Frigate home." Pillion begins to lead Ulz through the docking bay.

"What'll happen to that Fighter?" Ulz looks back slightly, watching as a few aliens in hazmat suits sweep the fighter.

"Well, our scientists will poke around in it, then when they're all done, it'll be used for target practice." They take a turn, leaving the hangar bay.

"Smart." Ulz rocks his head to the side gently.

"Exactly." They then enter an elevator, Pillion presses a few holographic buttons, the elevator begins rising through the station.

"You wouldn't mind if I asked how you lost your arm, would you?" Pillion turns slightly, watching as Ulz scans him.

"Eh, before I entered the Spartan program, I was apart of an Elite group known as ODST, or Orbital Drop Shock Troopers."

"It was a hotdrop, no prep time, no briefing, just getting ready and go." Ulz lifts his metal hand, studying it a moment.

"I was met with hostiles the moment I dropped in, and one of them got lucky and sliced my arm off..." He let's it fall to his side.

"Thankfully, Energy Swords burn hot enough to cauterize wounds." Pillion looks at Ulz.

"Energy Sword?" The Spartan nods, holding out his hand, a holographic image appears in his hand.

"Highly concentrated Plasma blade, it hurts, and most times people don't survive." Pillion hums, not quite understanding the strange weapon.

The elevator dings, doors slowly sliding open as it reveals a waiting area of sorts.

[ Human Embassy ]

"Fancy." Aurora speaks directly into Ulz's helmet, as to not allow the Turian, or passerbys to know of her.

"Right this way, Commander." Pillion walks off to the left, leading Ulz up a set of stairs, which leads to a hall with three doors, and an observation deck of sorts.

They stop infront of the only door on the right side of the hall, it slides open and they enter, spotting an older man, who quickly turns off his monitor.

"Ambassador Udina, this is Commander Ulz, he came in with that Geth fighter." Ulz steps forward, looking down at the man.

"Ah, yes... How you came into possession of said Fighter, is beyond me, but I welcome you to the Citadel." He doesn't sound very enthusiastic, nor does it sound like he wishes to talk to the Spartan.

[ Ambassador Donnel Udina ]

"Can you point me in the direction of the nearest on duty Admiral? Or General?" Udina scowls, beginning to type away at another console.

"Admiral Andersom will meet you in the lobby, now go, I have business to attend to." And with that, Ulz and Pillion exit the office, walking down the stairs.

"Spirits, that guy is an asshole..." The Turian grunts.

"I was expecting someone else, I'll be honest." Pillion looks over, mandibles shifting, "I was expecting Ambassador Richard Sekibo."

"Huh, never heard of him... Well, I've got to get back to work, wonderful meeting you Commander." They once again shake hands, the Turian entering the elevator as it arrives, he offers a two finger salute as the doors shut.

Leaving Ulz in the lobby of the Embassy, he stands facing a short metal board of sorts, displaying times, stocks, a number of statistics.

"Something is very different, Aurora." He speaks quietly, as to not draw attention to himself, the AI hums.

"Just my thinking, we've always known ships vanish... But to a new galaxy? Or maybe it's alternate..." She begins testing a number of theories within her core.

"...That means the Covenant are around." Ulz glances around, watching as aliens and humans alike going about their business.

"Or the Banished, you know how run down those drive cores are..." Bad news.

"Have there been any reports of new alien life aboard the station?" Aurora hums, starting to scan recent reports.

"No, but there have been reported sightings of strange vessels in the... Argos Rho cluster, sounds like a good place to start."

"...How are we going to get there? Far as I can see, UNSC doesn't exist, and neither do the aircraft..."

"We'll figure something out, Ulz, we always do." The elevator opens behind them, revealing a human wearing a blue uniform, the suit lined in golden stripes.

"Commander Ulz? Admiral Anderson, nice to meet you, son." The Spartan salutes, before taking the Admirals extended hand in a handshake.

[ Admiral David Anderson ]

"Likewise, Sir."

"I hear you gave Udina a scare, something about a, tall metal clad man." Anderson chuckles, as does the Spartan.

"Never much liked politicians, Sir, never got things done where I'm from." Ulz follows Anderson into the elevator, the Admiral hitting the button to the lower levels.

"You and me both, Commander, I got note that theres a derelict out there?"

"Yeah, deep space, my... Uh, I can take us there." Ulz was hesitant to tell the Admiral of Aurora, from what she researched, or told him, the Geth were a collection of Artifical Intelligence's that went rogue.

And if an AI was illegal, a lot of things were going to be difficult for Ulz and Aurora.

"Very well, I may not have jurisdiction over you, but I'd like you to travel with another Commander..." As the elevator opens, they walk into a dock, a ship resting in the bay.

[ SSV Normandy SR1 ]

"This is the Normandy, Turian Human pioneered ship, shes not mine anymore, but you should get aboard, meet Shepard, tell her of your objective, then help her with hers."

"Her objective is, sir?" Ulz asks.

"Locate a rogue Turian Spectre, Saren Arterius, and bring him into custody." They approach the airlock of the ship, the doors sliding open as they boarded.

"I guess I'll get the rest of the briefing from this Shepard."

<[---------------------------------------]>

Sorry this took so long, got caught up in making it possible to mix these two series'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

245K 7.2K 81
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
1.1M 19.3K 132
requests (open) walker scobell imagines AND preferences :) -- #1 - riordan (04.30.24) #1 - leenascobell (05.29.24) #2 - adamreed (04.30.24) #2 - momo...
139K 4.9K 39
โ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. โž She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
1.1M 36.5K 63
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...