Moon Born

By HeatherWampler

Elanor belongs to the Moon Mist pack and is happy going to school, anxiously waiting for her 18th birthday wh... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue

Chapter 32

61.3K 2K 273
By HeatherWampler

"What's wrong?" Ashely asked, dancing her and Alastair next to us.

"Oh, um, nothing," I mumbled, laying my head on Edmond's shoulder.

"Something is wrong. What is it? You can't lie to me, Ellie. I know you."

I looked at Edmond and he shrugged.

"Okay, so we're leaving."

"Leaving? Where? Where are you going? Why are you leaving?"

"Keep your voice down."

"Sorry. Where are you going?" she whispered.

"We have to head north."

"Let's go somewhere to talk," Alastair suggested.

"Good idea."

We strolled through the ballroom, saying hello and pretending everything was wonderful. I knocked on King Orsand's office door.

"Enter," his commanding voice responded.

"Majesty?" I asked.

"Ellie. Come in dear." He stood, his smile turning to a frown when he saw Ashley and Alastair. "And you brought friends."

"I did. Forgive me, sire."

"Dad. Call me dad. No need to be formal with family." He smiled at me.

"Thank you, dad." I bit my lip before taking a deep breath. "I told them."

"Told who what?"

"I told Ashley and Alastair about us leaving."

"Oh, yes. Your honeymoon. It is wonderful."

"Dad, we can trust them," Edmond said, stepping forwward. "Ashley and Alastair have been there with us since the beginning. They can be helpful."

"Help? How can they help? She's a Gamma's daughter and he's a Beta. They're not warriors."

"We might not be warriors, but we can learn to be."

"Learn? Have you ever fought before?" Orsand stood, staring Ashley down. "Have you ever had to go into battle not knowing if you would survive or if you would even win? Have you ever had to defend all of wolf kind?"

"Well, no, but..."

"No. No buts. I'm sorry. I cannot let this happen."

"Father, you're not even listening."

"Your majesty, I know you see me as nothing but a Beta but this battle isn't just about warriors fighting. This isn't a far-off battle. This is in our backyard. Our family's lives are in jeopardy and they don't even know. They have no clue how close the danger is to us."

"I can't in good conscience send a Beta and his mate into battle."

"We don't have a choice, dad."

"Kin..Dad, with bodies showing up close to the palace, I agree with Edmond. We don't have a choice in the matter."

"What?" Edmond, Alastair, and Ashley asked, looking at me.

"Do you want to tell them?"

King Orsand sighed heavily and sat down.

"Or who told you about the body?"

He put his head in his hands.

"We can at least learn enough to hold them off and help the Blackpaw Howlers."

"The who?" Edmond asked.

"The secret warrior pack to the north of us," Orsand mumbled into his hands.

"The what?" Alastair asked.

"This cannot leave this room. This has been the biggest secret kept since the beginning times. There is a sixth pack within our realm. A warrior pack that is only called upon when the kingdom is in great peril."

"Like it is now," I added.

"Yes. And their Alpha, Andrew, found a human body not far from here."

"A human?" Ashley asked in astonishment. "How did a human get in here?"

"We don't know. It's not the first one either. Artemis thinks that Hera is behind this whole thing."

"Hera? As in..."

"Queen of all the Gods? Yes. That Hera."

"Wow. Okay. So why?"

"She hates Artemis. Long story. Zeus cheats. Artemis was born. We're paying for it," I said.

"Oh."

"Now, why do you have to leave?" Alastair asked.

"Edmond and I are going with Andrew to his pack to train as much as we can before the inevitable battle happens."

"Are we even sure we'll have to fight?" Ashley asked.

"It's looking like it," Edmond responded.

"Okay." Alastair grabbed Ashley's hand. "Then, as long as his majesty agrees, we are going."

"Do I have a choice?" Orsand asked.

"No," we all answered.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Fine. Blessing granted. I'll just tell your Alpha that I'm having you stay here for a bit to assist with this shit in the library."

Alastair nodded.

"My mom is going to be so mad," Ashley whispered.

"She can't know," I told her.

"Yeah, true that."

"Try to keep things normal for tonight."

"I have something else to ask. Please, say no if it's inappropriate," Alastair started.

"What?" Edmond asked.

"I don't want us to go train, go into battle, possibly die without having the chance to mark Ashley."

"Okay?"

"Would you both be upset if we did it tonight?"

"At our ceremony?" I asked.

"It was a dumb idea. I'm so sorry."

"No! It's a great idea! Yes! If there is anyone else I would want to share today with it's you two!" I glanced at Edmond. "As long as you're okay with it."

"Yeah, I think it's great. Go for it."

"Really?" Ashley asked. "My marking? Tonight? At the royal castle? During a huge event?"

"Are you okay with that?" Alastair asked.

"Yes!"

"Okay. More marking ceremonies are going to happen and the biggest secret in the kingdom is no longer a secret," Orsand grumbled. "Let's go."

We made our way back, once again, to the ballroom where it was announced that Alastair and Ashley would have their marking as well. People whispered and looked to us but quickly changed to applause as I hugged them both and Edmond shook their hands.

It was normally taboo to do such things during another wolf's big moment, but with permission and enthusiasm, everybody seemed okay.

"This is so ridiculous," I heard Harmony say from across the room. "Why do it for her when I am her sister? I hate this. I hate her. I hate it all."

I watched as my father gripped her shoulder and stood, taking her with him. He leaned down and whispered into her ear. She quietly, but furiously followed him from the ballroom.

Hopefully, he's dealing with that mess.

Alastair and Ashley exited to the balcony to perform their ceremony as the rest of the guests returned to drinking and dancing.

Edmond and I made our way to where Queen Amelia sat. She smiled at us, a tear in the corner of her eye.

Orsand told her.

She stood and hugged us both tightly. "I love you two so much."

"And we love you," I whispered back.

"I know you both will be wonderful and do such great things. I am so proud of you."

"Thank you."

"What's going on?" my mother asked, walking up.

"Just a mom who's overly emotional," Queen Amelia said, waving off the whole thing while dabbing her eyes. "Kids growing up and all."

Mom nodded and hugged us.

If only you really knew mother.

My father returned shortly after, without Harmony, and joined the other pack leaders in a corner.

Where is that weasley little snake?

"Uh, Princess Ellie?"

I turned to face Alex.

"What do you want?"

He grasped my hand and stared into my eyes. "I am so sorry. For all of this."

"For all of what?"

"I know that you love me and I mated with your sister..."

"Nope. Nope. You can stop right there."

"What?"

I pulled my hand away from his. "You mating with her is quite literally the best thing that ever happened to me. Ever."

"What?" his sad face changing.

"Yeah, best thing to happen to me. You see. I thought you were everything. The best wolf. I wanted you to be my mate so bad. I thought we were soulmates. Oh, I was so, so, so wrong. I didn't really love you like I thought I did. I thought you were everything. No. Nope. So wrong. Meeting Edmond was the best thing to ever happen. Finding my true mate, that was the best thing. You? Were just a mistake that was thankfully corrected."

"I....I was going to say that you know part of me..."

"Nope. Don't even say it."

"Loves you."

"Yeah. No." I turned and started to walk away from him. "Go find your mate."

"Ellie, you cannot speak to me like this! I'm your Alpha!"

"Alex, you need to stop. You're not my Alpha. You're not my mate. I've put up with you and Harmony being entitled and downright cruel for long enough. You do not love me. There is no part of you that can possibly love me. You are mated to Harmony. Find her. I'm honestly just over this bullshit. Leave me in peace."

He stared mouth agape as I just walked away.

The rest of the night went off without a hitch. Not that there was much of a night left. As the musicians packed up and the bar shut down, we snuck off to our suite. Happy to finally have alone time. Real alone time.

The room was warm and dark when we entered. A trolley with champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries was parked in the middle of the living space.

"Oh, what is this?" Edmond asked, feigning surprise. How thoughtful of someone to just happen to have this brought to us?"

I laughed as he popped the cork. He held it up as if asking if I wanted some.

I nodded.

A knock on the door followed by a flurry of women came barging in.

"What the what?" Edmond asked, standing there as they surrounded me.

"The dress, Prince Edmond. Must take the dress! It has to be cleaned and stored in the vault as soon as possible."

"Right now though?"

"Do beg pardon, sir."

"It's fine, honey. I don't want it ruined."

"Uh, okay."

He watched as they quickly unlaced and removed the beautiful, old gown leaving me standing in just my slip.

"Your turn!" They said, quickly surrounding him and stripping him out of the ceremonial garb.

As they scurried away as quickly as they showed up, he stood there with his mouth hanging open in his boxers and a t-shirt.

"That was something."

"Well, I'm going to put on something that's not a slip," I laughed.

"I mean, if you want to just stay in that I won't complain?"

"Oh no? Not at all?"

He shook his head, staring at me.

"I suppose I could stay in this for a little bit." I winked, taking the glass of champagne.

He moved toward me, a wild hunger in his eyes. A look I had never seen before. He pulled the t-shirt over his head and grasped me around the waist, pulling my body into his. I could feel the heat off his body even through the slip.

"I feel like I've waited a lifetime for this moment," he breathed into my mouth before closing the gap.

I let out a small whine as he picked me up and carried me to our bed. He laid me down, drinking me in with his eyes before he stradled me, pinning my arms above my head and kissing me deeply.

Every inch of my body felt like it was on fire as he used his one free hand to reach between my thighs. He found his way to my wet slit, working a finger inside me. Edmond leaned down and kissed me, hard as he slid another finger inside. He moved them rhythmically inside, finally releasing my arms so he could unbutton his pants to release his member.

I swallowed hard as he withdrew his fingers to position himself above me. He smiled while lowering himself down slowly. I could feel his length press against my opening. He hesitated for a moment before pushing in.

I let out a small yelp as he began to move rhythmically in and out. A hotness grew throughout my body as I could feel myself growing wetter. I wanted more. I wanted it harder.

"More," I panted into his ear. "Please."

He smiled devilishly as he thrust himself in harder and deeper. I wrapped my legs around his waist, trying to get more of him. Something was happening. My body shuddered and it felt like an explosion within my entire being.

His thrusts became more persistent and faster. His face turned red as the sweat beaded on his forehead. He stiffened and let out a massive howl before falling ontop of me. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 376 26
An Alpha left to raise his daughter alone. A strong warrior that moonlights as a midwife. The mate bond may be strong, but is it strong enough? *This...
323K 7.9K 48
An original and empowering shapeshifter/werewolf mystery. Lily's abusive life with her childhood pack is about to change forever when she's assigned...
47.9K 1.2K 27
The year is 2040, Kaydence Evans is trying to survive college in a world full of werewolves. She has been trained by her father for past 10 years in...
3.6K 103 36
Luna is a junior in high school who's mom took off when she was a little girl. Her dad works a lot so she takes care of her self which often gets her...