Don't Say You Love Me

By lrm2323

*Completed* Teegan Walters has had to spend one week each summer in a tiny beach town in California with her... More

Chapter ONE
Chapter TWO
Chapter THREE
Chapter FOUR
Chapter FIVE
Chapter SIX
Chapter SEVEN
Chapter EIGHT
Chapter NINE
Chapter TEN
Chapter ELEVEN
Chapter TWELVE
Chapter THIRTEEN
Chapter FOURTEEN
Chapter FIFTEEN
Chapter SIXTEEN
Chapter SEVENTEEN
Chapter EIGHTEEN
Chapter NINETEEN
Chapter TWENTY
Chapter TWENTY ONE
Chapter TWENTY TWO
Chapter TWENTY THREE
Chapter TWENTY FOUR
Chapter TWENTY FIVE
Chapter TWENTY SIX
Chapter TWENTY SEVEN
Chapter TWENTY EIGHT
Chapter TWENTY NINE
Chapter THIRTY
Chapter THIRTY ONE
Chapter THIRTY TWO
Chapter THIRTY THREE
Chapter THIRTY FOUR
Chapter THIRTY FIVE
Chapter THIRTY SIX
Chapter THIRTY SEVEN
Chapter THIRTY EIGHT
Chapter THIRTY NINE
Chapter FORTY
Chapter FORTY ONE
Chapter FORTY TWO
Chaprer Forty Three
Chapter FORTY FOUR
Chapter FORTY FIVE
Chapter FORTY SIX
Chapter FORTY SEVEN
Chapter FORTY EIGHT
Chapter FORTY NINE
Chapter FIFTY
Chapter FIFTY ONE

Epilogue

38 9 20
By lrm2323

Teegan

Nine days later

When Cohen appears in my sight, I have no doubts at all that this was how we were meant to come together. It's the middle of October and I'm in the New York City bus station. I've been here for an hour because I've been so excited to see him.

   Last weekend, he went to Bridgeport. I took a bus from the city to see him and meet his grandparents. We spent one day together out of his two days there, and it was like we hadn't even been apart for so long. He showed me around Bridgeport, we had lunch with his grandma and then we walked around downtown a bit before heading back to the bus station. We just fit together perfectly, even thought the situation was so different. We were no longer having a new summer relationship, on the beach. Summer's long gone at this point and we both know it.

   Before I got back on a bus at the end of our day together, Cohen pulled me close to him and held me in his arms for a long time. We didn't say anything for those few minutes, but we didn't have to. Ticket in hand, I slowly pulled away, out of his grip. He had tears in his eyes.

   "I'll see you soon?" he asked, practically begging me to agree.

   I nodded, smiling at him. "Of course. Let me know as soon as your flight back is booked."

   "I will," he finished.

   He kissed me again before I turned and headed off to get on the bus back to the city.

   Now, he's in my sight again. It's a bit more than week later. Yesterday, he arrived back in Bridgeport, for good. He got settled in to his new apartment in his grandparents basement, and called me last night. Now, he's the one getting off the bus in New York City, and I'm waiting on him.

   His goofy smile is plastered across his face as he approaches me and then picks me up off the ground in a hug. We talked daily over the last week, when he was back in San Diego. He went to a concert with Rex, and said goodbye to him. It's not goodbye forever, of course. But now he's living across the country from his best friend since he was twelve.

  As Cohen lowers me to the ground again, I look into his eyes. "You're finally here."

  "I am," he says, nodding. "That bus ride felt like it took forever, but I'm so happy to be here."

   I kiss him, just a peck on his lips, but he smiles against my mouth and pulls me closer.

  "Stop," I tell him, giggling. "We're in the middle of the bus station.

  "Let's get back to your dorm room, then," he says, and then laughs.

  "No way. I'm showing you around the city." I slip his hand into mine after he tosses his back pack onto his back. "We're meeting Kiara and Gia at the cafe in an hour."

  Cohen pretends to pout but then laughs again and starts walking beside me. He glances at me a few times as we leave the bus station and head down the street towards the busy intersection. Then he's completely awestruck, his eyes wide as he looks around.

  "It's always like this?" he asks, shouting so I can hear him. "It's only 10A.M."

  "Yep," I answer, then squeeze his hand tighter. "Welcome to New York."

  "Okay, Taylor Swift," he says, and then grins down at me.

  We walk for awhile until we are in Central Park. It's one of my favourite places to sit and people watch, when I have time. So I bring him over to my favourite bench and we sit, but instead of looking around now, he's got his eyes on me again.

  "This is unreal," he tells me. "I never imagined I'd be spending time in New York City."

  "It's a bit different from Avila Beach, huh?" I laugh.

  Cohen wraps his arm around me and pulls me in closer. "It's amazing."

  I am more than glad this is how it worked out for us. When I first left the beach, I wasn't sure I'd ever see him again. Six weeks later, we are reunited and get to see each other every weekend. We've decided to alternate who travels, but I have a feeling he's going to be here more often than not.

  "I sat down and talked with my grandparents last night," Cohen goes on, so I look up at him. "They basically said if I want to just work and whatever, that's fine, but they'd prefer I apply to colleges for next semester."

   My heart flutters, because I'm pretty sure I know what he's going to say next.

  "And they are offering to pay for it, and I'm living rent-free, so it would be dumb not to."

  "That's true. What do you want to go to school for?" I ask, without really thinking. I'm not exactly one to talk about that. I don't even have a major yet.

  Cohen shrugs. "I'll figure it out. Applications are due in, like, a month for next semester."

  "What school?" I want to know, because he's basically teasing me at this point.

  "There's some state colleges in Connecticut I'll apply at. But I'm thinking of applying to NYU, too. I mean, my GPA in senior year was pretty good, considering. And-"

  "You're applying at NYU?" I interrupt, because I can't believe it.

  "I mean, I don't know if it'll get in. And I'd have to have somewhere to stay during the week... I'll figure that out," he goes on, casual as ever.

  "Oh my god," I breathe out. "Cohen... I love you."

  He grins and dips his head down, his lips pressing against mine right away. I kiss him hard and reach up to grab his face for a minute, then pull away when I remember where we are.

  "I love you too," he coos. "Don't we have to meet your friends?"

  I nod, but really just wish we could sit here all day. "Yeah, it's just down the street."

  "Let's go?"

  Walking hand in hand with Cohen, my boyfriend, down a busy street in New York feels like absolute craziness, yet also the most perfect thing ever. I never would guess we'd end up here, back in June, when we met. A few months really can change everything.

  I've learned a lot since I left Seattle to spend my summer in Avila beach. I've learned that my mom really did want me to go with her all those years ago, but my dad put up a big fight. I've accepted that I have two separate families now, and they all love me a hell of a lot. And I've learned that love really can happen without you planning on it.

  Cohen and I met in an unconventional way, and had an amazing summer together, but we didn't know what would happen once the summer ended. Now we know - and it's pretty damn amazing.

  Ten minutes later we walk into the coffee shop, the same one that Kiara and I went to on our first day in New York City. It really makes me feel like things have come full circle, and I see Kiara and Gia in the corner booth we always sit in. I grab Cohen's hand and we walk towards them, my heart pounding.

  Kiara jumps up, standing as we approach the booth.

  "Hey, you must be the infamous Cohen," she says, keeping a straight face.

  "Yes ma'am. Kiara, I assume? The best friend?" he answers, grinning.

  Kiara nods and then laughs, stepping forward to hug him. And that's that. Somehow, everything worked out exactly how it was supposed to. Somehow, I get my best friend and my boyfriend at the same time, and having them meet right now is the best, ever.

  "Well, let's order!" Gia yells suddenly, and I look at her, and smile.

  "Cohen, my roommate, Gia. And Kiara," I say quickly.

  "Nice to meet you ladies. I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of each other," Cohen answers.

  "You sure will," I tell him.

  I don't know what will happen in six months or a year from now, but I know that Cohen moved across the country to live with his grandparents, to be closer to me. I know he loves me, and I know that I am madly in love with him. Spending six weeks apart was eye-opening because now that we're together again, I can't believe we managed that.

  Cohen was partly why my summer was unexpectedly pretty damn amazing, after dreading it with all my heart. Cohen changed me in ways I couldn't have imagined. We grew together, and coming together again in New York is what all my dreams were made of.

  After a day of showing him around the city near our dorm, the four of us go back to mine and Gia's room. We listen to music and laugh and tell stories from our summers, and by 9P.M., Cohen is exhausted. Gia and Kiara hug us goodnight and leave, go spend the night in Kiara's room.

  I lock the door after they leave and then stroll back over to fall onto my bed where Cohen is waiting.

  "That was a fun day," he begins, but I know he has more to say. "But finally... we're alone."

  "Yes," I agree, then push him down and climb onto him.

  Laughing, he pulls me down to kiss him, and I don't hold back. After a few minutes and an intense make out session, I'm panting for air and Cohen's just grinning.

  "This is pretty great," he coos, so I smile and kiss him again.

  "Yeah? I could get used to it," I tease him.

  Suddenly he's tickling me and I'm squealing and fighting to get away. I slide off the bed and stand up, putting space between us while he laughs and trying to pull me back.

  "You will get used to it," he tells me, still laughing. "You said you love me."

  "I do," I agree, and then lean in to nuzzle my face into his neck. "I love you, Cohen."

  "Mmm, good." He grins again. "I love you, too. Forever."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

254 0 24
Caitlin Sanford shows you HOW to get through senior year of school living in a small town filled with parties, sports,love triangles, difficult paren...
852 40 23
"I've never felt this way for anyone before Linny. You have always been my special woman, please forgive me. I love you and always will, please wait...
325 18 16
Katelyn has been in and out of the foster system since her mother died when she was young. After her father gets put in jail again, she gets sent to...
145 4 23
*COMPLETED. HIGHEST RANK: #8 in guybestfriend (10/6/19). Upon returning home from college for summer break, Ava finds that her hometown has changed j...