No Straight Roads: Heroes of...

By Reptilario

6 months after the events of No Straight Roads. A new threat arises in the city of Vinyl City, dangerous musi... More

Cover of the First Season
Chapter 1: Vinyl City Under Attack
Chapter 2: First Encounter
Chapter 3: "Saving Cast Tech" On the way to Club Planetarium
Chapter 4: "Saving Cast Tech" DIGITAL
Chapter 5: The Little Mermaids in Distress
Chapter 6: "Saving Akusuka" Attending the Little Mermaid Concert
Chapter 7: "Saving Akusuka" Octorchea
Chapter 9: "Saving Natura" the Child Prodigy in Peril
Chapter 10: "Saving Natura" Orchestral
Chapter 11: Rhythm Stopped
Chapter 12: Returning to the Rhythm
Chapter 13: "Saving Metro Division" Musical Battlefield
Chapter 14: "Division Saving Metro" Primal
Chapter 15: Shattered Work
Chapter 16: "Saving Dream Fever" Art Recovery
Chapter 17: "Saving Dream Fever" Trópical
Chapter 18: "Saving Dream Fever" Harmonious Shadow and Discordant Shadow
Chapter 19: No Final Roads
Season Final Chapter: Farewell Voice
<||Acknowledgments, Notice and Synopsis of the Second Season||>
Coming soon
2nd Season | Chapter 1: Damages and Recovery
2nd Season | Chapter 2: An Inharmonious Tenant
2nd Season | Chapter 3: Viral Scandal
2nd Season | Chapter 4: Escape
2nd Season | Chapter 5: The Call of Discordance
2nd Season | Chapter 6: Unforeseen Surprises

Chapter 8: The Orchestra of Discordance

166 3 0
By Reptilario

—In the Nature District, minutes before the battle against Octorchea—

Through the avenues of the district, an armored military vehicle was traveling on the asphalt, carefully avoiding the stopped and poorly parked vehicles due to the chaos that was taking place before the sight of the driver and his passenger. Inside the military vehicle was the manager of 1010, Neon J., driving the vehicle while on the passenger side, sitting and watching from the window, was Yinu's mother who looked nervous and worried as she saw several of those creatures. which Tatiana described as Discordant destroying small structures and shops while watching others dance on some vehicles, also, there was a suspenseful moment in which several of those little ones called Peons climbed onto the roof of the vehicle but thanks to a sudden maneuver on the part of From Neon J., in a comical way, the little discordants had fallen from the vehicle.

Several minutes had passed, they were not far from reaching the Nature Concert Hall, while they continued driving, a warning from Tatiana sounded on the car radio, the CEO of NSR had reported the good news that had occurred in the Cast Tech district about the arrival and help from Bunk Bed Junction but there was also bad news, one that made the reddish woman tremble with fear, apparently one of those discordant high command was interested in her daughter, she did not know what the purpose of that monster would be to take her away, but she would not let them take her from her side.

After another several minutes of driving, their journey had come to an end, the good thing, there was no presence of the so-called Discordants in the parked area. Neon J. would get out of the vehicle which she had taken from her mansion, her mind was calm since her children, the 1010, had the situation under control in Metro Division, the reddish woman was the next to get off, the cyborg manager would take a regulatory semi-automatic rifle from the trunk of the vehicle, both began their walk along the sidewalk towards the large building where the festival would take place. Walking through the streets of Natura, the Mother of Yinu began to feel uncomfortable as they passed by a vandalized water fountain, she felt as if someone was watching them all the time, she would look everywhere, looking for who was watching them.

Neon J.: This way madame -I notice while she gave a sign for me to follow her-

Yinu's mother: Huh? Oh yeah... -She nodded as she followed the cyborg ex-military veteran taking one last look behind her and then looking ahead-

♫*Tiruru*♫

The woman, excited, would quickly look back, looking for the origin of the sound that she had just heard moments ago.

Neon J.: Madame, we must continue -He would say quietly while he looked at the reddish woman with his screen face- Is something wrong?

Yinu's mother: Eh no, nothing, let's keep moving forward -She replied as she followed the manager again- (I thought I heard the sound of a flute)

As they left the site, a pair of long antennae could be seen behind the fountain as a large figure stood and watched them leave.

♫*Tiruru*♫

After another few minutes of walking, both adults reached the golden gate that led to the Concert Hall, they saw that it was guarded by two pairs of NSR security drones; two Jumpers and two Shooters, the adults would open the gate to enter, walking along the cobblestone path, they observed that the path to the building was met by several numbers of security drones that patrolled both on the ground and in the air towards the surroundings of the area that surrounded the building.

Yinu's mother: Calm down Yinu, Mom is coming

Both adults finally reached the entrance of the building, as they opened the doors to enter, they were unexpectedly greeted by a wave of Yinu fans and clients known to her mother who gave her a warm welcome. The reddish woman would gently answer the greetings of the people who received them, when they went further into the building, surrounding the auditorium, a beautiful melody could be heard the further they advanced and separated from the crowd.

|Start Music|

Neon J. and Yinu's Mother managed to reach the stage, being behind the curtain they saw in the direction of where was a girl with apricot skin with red eyes, with a red circular blush on each cheek and a birthmark in the shape of a yellow leaf that covered from his nose to his head, his hair was curly and yellow whose locks imitated the beautiful roses of a beautiful bush. She wore a formal white top suit, with red highlights orange pants studded with swirl details and a red ribbon bow at the top of her neck.

She would be the one responsible for producing that beautiful melody from the instrument that she loved to play, it was Yinu, the young pianist and golden teacher of Vinyl City. All the spectators who were sitting in the seats of the auditorium, contemplated the young pianist who played her instrument. The time her music was about to end, the Concert Hall staff would close the curtain to let a wave of applause sound from the other side.

|End Music|

The young woman would get off her stool while a couple of drones would take the instrument and seat from the stage, Yinu would look surprised and at the same time happy that she couldn't help but run to hug her mother.

Yinu: Mom, I can't believe you're here! -Exclaimed the young woman while small tears formed-

Yinu's mother: I couldn't let my daughter be alone, Neon J. took the trouble to take me, it was thanks to him that now I can be with you -She said showing a sweet smile-

Her daughter, upon hearing that, would go to where the former veteran was, who was talking to an independent artist and then give him a surprise hug that made his screen focus on the girl pianist.

Yinu: Thank you Mr. J., *Releases him from the hug* Thank you for bringing my mother-she would say in a formal tone while she gave a small bow-

The former veteran would give a small nod, responding kindly to the girl as he saw that her mother would join them, in a few minutes, other classical music artists would be the next to produce their music to keep the public calm. Both adults were incredulous for not noticing any hint of fear or nervousness among the people they were watching, then Yinu, showing a smile, would explain that it was thanks to her and the rest of the artists who were responsible for calming the situation that occurred a few hours ago. behind, her mother hearing that, would hug her little one with pride while she would give a little giggles. After the young pianist was released from her mother's embrace, she wanted to know what was happening right now, the adults showing a calm face to prevent her from being scared, they would talk about what was happening right now in Vinyl City, several artists who heard what they said gathered around to listen.

Yinu and the rest of the independent artists would show different types of broadcasts, some felt worried about their families and homes while others felt anger towards the beings that caused all this and others felt calm and happy knowing that the Cast Tech district was He was safe thanks to BBJ's intervention. With the good news received, both adults decided to take a break although one of them, Neon J., had a bad feeling, remembering what Tatiana had said while they had been on the way to Concert Hall.

Neon J.: (I hope the drones can stop them or at least... give us enough time to get these people to safety) -He thought as he watched the young pianist and her mother spend a happy Family moment-

—An hour later, half a kilometer from the entrance to Natura Concert Hall—

A small army of Discordants was walking through the streets of the district as they divided up to take up defensive positions at different points in the district. Standing on top of a Brute was Army Sub-Lieutenant Discordante Orchestral, who could see the great building of the Natura district in the distance.

Discordant Peon: Skuid ke do'gh er -He said in her unintelligible tone Discordant- Bru ski'ud ehr di?

Orchestral: Excellent Peon, I entrust this sector to you -She would give a satisfying smile and then fire her subordinate-Just a few more meters and soon we will meet, jmjm... I hope you love listening to this discordant orchestra

—At Nature Concert Hall—

The crowd of the auditorium applauded before the music composed by an artist who was playing her instrument being this a cello, Neon J., Yinu and her mother would be applauding before the young artist who would give a farewell bow and then the curtain once more, close to the public. Neon J. would try to contact Tatiana to find out if there had been any new news so far, incidentally, to communicate her arrival at Concert Hall. After several attempts, the former veteran's call had been answered.

Tatiana: Mr. Neon J., I am relieved to know that you could come back -I would say sounding calm knowing that the manager of 1010 and Yinu's mother were able to get to Concert Hall without problems- How is the situation in Natura Concert Hall?

Neon J.: Thank you Tatiana, regarding your question, the situation is totally calm, for the moment -He said still showing that alert feeling- I still don't know how the situation is in the Natura district since only We know a little about Sayu's team, by any chance, wouldn't you have any reports or sightings about whether those Discordants are planning something right now?

The former veteran's question had been said, about a minute had passed, the cyborg manager was beginning to get quite restless as he paced back and forth, worrying Yinu and his mother, until he got an answer that let it be known that he didn't. I was wrong.

Tatiana: I'm afraid that... there is a problem with the cameras in the Natura district -She sounded a bit uneasy- I sent a flying drone to analyze the district area but...

Neon J.: But...? -I ask to know what had happened-

Tatiana: When the drone reached the area near the Concert Hall... -She sounded even more uneasy- I lost the vision through it, in other words... it was destroyed

When the cyborg manager found out about this, he knew what they were doing right now.

Meanwhile with Yinu, she would be called once again to give her concert once more, being serene she would go to where they had left her piano, the curtain was opening again for the public to see her favorite young artist, she would give a little bow and a smile and then sit down and start playing.

—On the outskirts of Concert Hall—

The NSR security drones continued their patrol around the building, meanwhile at the entrance to the golden gate, what once were the drones that guarded the golden gate could be seen, they were destroyed when receiving a strong precise shot in its mechanisms. Second Lieutenant Discordant would be walking calmly and elegantly over the remains of the defensive machines with a smile that looked anxious and happy.

Orchestral: Prepare for the ambush -She said as she signaled to her troops-

In the surroundings of the building, the drones continued their patrol until one of them, a jumper, received a strong and fast projectile that had been seen from a long distance, the rest of the drones had not sounded the alarm until now. When an aerial drone had detected the lost signal of one of his own, he would be about to alert the rest of his own until the sound of a wind instrument sounded in a distance not so far from where he was.

♫*Tiruru*♫ ♫*Tiruru*♫ *Bang!*

The sound of a shot had been heard and a fast neon pink projectile had managed to hit the lens of the aerial drone that had been destroyed and shot down while several small footsteps could be heard both on the grass and on the cobblestone path, several Discordants Shooters would be advancing in a coordinated manner as they aimed and fired their violin-like weapons at the rest of the ground-based security drones, thinning their numbers with stealth attacks. In less than an hour, the NSR mechanical forces protecting the site were now totally clear. A Discordant Second Lieutenant's footsteps would be directed toward the building's entrance as she turned to see the rest of her troops behind her.

Orchestral: You three and you six join me, the rest, defend the area, don't let anyone enter or leave this place, is that clear? -She ordered the rest of his troops who faithfully agreed to then take their posts and positions before the arrival of an intruder-

Second Lieutenant Discordant with a calm smile would enter the place with a few troops that, even if they were few, would be enough to complete her objectives. A harmonious melody could be heard when Orchestral and his troops entered, his discordant ones in charge of him would feel anxious to corrupt that music that was playing while his superior gave a slight gesture that they just had to wait. Nobody from the public and the artists had realized that the Discordants were now on the balcony, where there was no presence of other people, where now, they would be observing the performance that the young pianist composed with her instrument.

Orchestral: A little more and soon I will make you one of ours -She said in a malicious tone as he watched carefully and with a predatory look towards the young pianist- The Orchestra of Discordance has arrived at this place

Well people, here I leave you another new translated Chapter of this story, what will happen next? well... that we will read and find out in the next Chapter. Until next time!.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 4 2
"I think I'll host a killing game." 16 participants plucked from their worlds, all set into the stark-white unchanging environment of JiāoJiāo Corpor...
429K 27.1K 91
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1M 17.4K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
733K 24.6K 70
A story where a girl would do anything to get rid of her studies including getting married with a Mafia king but fate played opposite of it even afte...