Family Doesn't Require Blood...

By 31LouisTomlinson31

With Kingdoms on the brink of war and no one else to protect them, they must put their lives on the line to p... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Epilogue

Chapter 18

354 13 18
By 31LouisTomlinson31

Trigger Warning

Violence, Blood, Death (No named characters)

A knock on the door signalled the ending of Wooyoung's pain and suffering for a bit. Hyunjae grumbled but turned off whatever it was that was shocking him. Wooyoung heaved for breath, tears rolling down his face and his body aching.

"Come in," Jangwon said.

"We were told to inform you that there are Knights of Fantasia on route," the person who walked in said.

"Apparently this little shit really is worth something. We'll be right out," Jangwon said.

"Boss says to hurry, we need all hands on deck," the newbie said.

"We just need to finish up here," Hyunjae said. Newbie nodded and left.

"So, we killing him now? He's given us nothing," Hyunjae said, turning back to Jangwoo. Wooyoung wanted to react, to be outraged, but he barely even had the energy to lift up his arm so he just let the tears quietly trail down his face.

"Hold on, why would we do that," Yeonjun asked quickly. Wooyoung sighed, wanting to reach out for him and reassure him it was fine, he can let him die. He lost track of how many times they came back, how long he had been holed up in the room. After every 'session' Yeonjun helped him as best as he could, held him while he cried but there was only so much he could do without getting caught.

"Because he's useless to us now, kind of always has been because he hasn't told us anything," Hyunjae said.

"He isn't useless. He's the reason the Knights are coming here, we have leverage. You go fight, I'll keep him chained up and bring him out if need be," Yeonjun said.

"That's actually a good idea. He may be useful after all. Keep him down here and kill anyone who comes to try and rescue him," Jangwoo said.

"Are you serious," Hyunjae asked.

"Yes I'm serious, let's go," Jangwoo said. Hyunjae growled angrily but didn't say anything, following Jangwoo out of the room. Once they were gone, Yeonjun quickly undid the chains around Wooyoung's ankles and wrists so he was free to move.

"There's a back door. If we hurry we can slip out and get you somewhere safer until the fighting's done," Yeonjun said quickly. Wooyoung nodded slightly, letting his head fall completely and his eyes slip closed. They came for him, they still care, he's still loved. That's all he needed to know. Yeonjun's eyes went wide at the sight of the young servant on the bench. He hurried to his side and pulled him up into his arms.

"No, no, no. Wooyoung stay with me. You did not just withstand all that only to pass away when your family comes. Open your eyes, please open your eyes," Yeonjun said quickly. Wooyoung desperately wanted to, to show his new friend he was going to be ok, but he didn't have the energy.

"Open your eyes Wooyoung. Do it for San, he wouldn't want you to die like this," Yeonjun said. Wooyoung's stomach dropped at the thought and he tried harder, eventually managing to slip his eyes open.

"There we go. You're going to be just fine Wooyoung, I'll protect you until you can reunite with your family, I promise," Yeonjun said.

"I-I'm so cold, and so tired," Wooyoung whispered.

"I know you are, but just hold on. Think of Hongjoong and Jongho. They want to see you," Yeonjun said.

"It h-hurts so much," Wooyoung said, sobbing dryly. He had cuts and bruises all over his body, probably a broken finger or two and a very sore head.

"I know it does. Just hang in there," Yeonjun said, running his fingers through his hair.

"My, my, my, what do we have here. I thought there was something off about you Yeonjun." Yeonjun's head snapped up, his body tensing and Wooyoung glanced over to see Hyunjae standing in the now open doorway. Yeonjun stood up quickly, pulling Wooyoung up in his arms with him and using the bench as a divider between them and Hyunjae.

"I gotta hand it to you, this is not what I was expecting. Oh well, more fun for me I guess," Hyunjae said with a grin as he drew his sword.

"Stay behind me," Yeonjun whispered, letting Wooyoung go and pushing him behind his back. Wooyoung stumbled slightly and almost fell down but he steadied himself by placing his hand on the wall. Yeonjun quickly unsheathed his sword and narrowed his eyes, facing Hyunjae.

"You want to get to him, you're gonna have to go through me," he said icily.

"With pleasure."

~~~~~

"Your Highness, we're coming up upon Aurora," one of the Knights said, riding up to Hongjoong's side. Hongjoong took a deep breath and glanced to the side where Yunho was riding beside him.

"It's going to be ok," Yunho whispered softly, noticing the worry in the Prince's eyes.

"San, Mingi," Hongjoong called, the two quickly riding up beside him, drifting closer.

"San's still hurt, I don't want him in the very midst of the fight. You two try and find Wooyoung alright. Call for help if you need it," Hongjoong said.

"We will," Mingi nodded.

"And San, remember what I said earlier. If you aren't able to protect yourself, do your best to get to me or find one of the others," Hongjoong said. San nodded quickly, knowing Hongjoong wouldn't take no for an answer because he wants to keep them all as safe as possible.

"Be safe," Hongjoong whispered.

"KNIGHTS OF FANTASIA, DRAW YOUR SWORDS," Hongjoong yelled. There was instantly the sounds of dozens of Knights unsheathing their swords.

"REMEMBER MY ORDERS AND ATTACK," Hongjoong yelled again. The Knights then instantly surged forwards, spurring their horses on to ride into Aurora. The second the town came into view, they saw the Balhae Knights. There were many of them, at least 30 and probably more throughout the town but Hongjoong was confident in his Knights, they could win this fight and protect their Kingdom. Some of their Knights were on horses, others on foot but the Fantasian Knights continued onwards. Hongjoong pat the neck of Alexa softly, praying that nothing would happen to her in this fight. When they finally made it to the enemy Knights, the town erupted with the sounds of swords clashing and men yelling, blood spilling to the ground. A sword came swinging towards Hongjoong but before he even had the time to deflect it (which he could easily do), Yunho was cutting in front of him and blocking it himself. Hongjoong rolled his eyes at his guards protectiveness, even at a time like this when it was obvious he was going to have to fight. He pulled off to the side quickly, engaging with another Knight, their swords clashing as they blocked each other's strikes. Hongjoong eventually got the upper hand and managed to slice through the other Knights stomach and knock him off his horse. He barely had a second to react before a sword was aimed right for Alexa's neck. Hongjoong gasped he blocked the sword before in turn, lifting his arm and slicing their throat. He grabbed the reins and dragged the horse back quickly. He swung his leg over the side of the horse and dropped down, tapping her backside softly.

"Go," he said quickly. Most Balhae Knights are on the ground and he can fight just as well without a horse. There were at least six of the Knights running straight for him and he winced slightly but seconds later there were hooves clunking behind him and Jongho landed beside him, having noticed the Prince alone.

"Shall we Your Highness," the younger said with a grin. Hongjoong gave him a small smile and the two of them ran forwards, engaging the Knights. They ended up back to back, Jongho making sure to keep Hongjoong protect and Hongjoong looking after his kid. Hongjoong was doing well, managing to kill one pretty quickly and disarming another. He was about to kill another one when there was a sharp sting on his thigh, making him cry out. Jongho panicked when he heard Hongjoong's cry. He had killed 2 people already but there were six to start with. He spun around quickly, wrapping an arm around Hongjoong's waist and flinging him back off to the side where he knew he had already killed everyone. Hongjoong tripped and fell back, landing on top of one of the dead bodies. Jongho was quick in killing the last two standing before hurriedly dropping down beside the Prince.

"Hongjoong, are you ok? You cried out, are you hurt," Jongho asked quickly, checking him over. Hongjoong nodded and slapped his hand away gently before standing him.

"I'm fine, they just nicked my thigh. It was more just the shock of it, I didn't even see him coming," Hongjoong said. Jongho nodded and they turned back to the fight. By now there were a heap of Fantasian Knights fighting on the ground, striking down the Knights of Balhae quickly. Hongjoong ran forwards quickly, engaging with an enemy who had injured a Fantasian Knight, stopping them from killing him. He quickly grabbed the Fantasian's hand and pulled them to their feet.

"You ok," he asked quickly.

"Yes Your Highness, thank you," he said quickly. Hongjoong quickly turned back around and was once again engaged in a fight. A sword was swung at him but he dodged quickly and blocked with his own sword. The Balhae Knights seemed to be coming from everywhere, never ending.

~~~~~

When the fight started, San and Mingi did as Hongjoong asked, splitting from the group and riding to the sides behind a few of the houses. Mingi quickly bought his horse to a stop, holding out his hand and getting San to do the same.

"What," San asked quickly. All he wanted to do was find Wooyoung and hopefully find him alive. He doesn't want to waste time stopping to do whatever Mingi is doing now.

"We have no idea where he could be, we've got to be tactical about this or we'll never find him," Mingi said.

"Ok, so what're we going to do," San asked quickly.

"We need to leave the horses, go on foot and keep high alert. Scan the buildings and look for ones that might have a basement or seem a bit colder than others, like less homey I guess. He'll most likely be there," Mingi said. San nodded quickly, slipping over the side off the horse and dropping down, Mingi doing the same.

"Come on, let's hurry," Mingi said, grabbing San's hand and pulling him along. They both moved quickly but didn't run, making sure to look at every single building they passed.

"What about this one," San asked. The house was bigger than most houses and there was a possibility there could be a basement or somewhere they could lock up Wooyoung. Mingi tried the door but it wouldn't open so San pulled him back. San ran a few steps back, running forwards and preparing to kick the door down. Mingi gasped and wrapped his arms around San's waist, pulling him back before he could kick it open.

"What're you doing," San asked in confusion.

"You're hurt Sannie. You try that and you're going to hurt yourself more. I'll do it," Mingi said.

"Oh, right," San said quietly, moving to the side when Mingi let him go. Mingi then ran forwards and kicked the door down, like San was going to do. The door splinted slightly as it swung open, making a bang as it crashed into the wall. San and Mingi both quickly drew their swords and walked quietly into the house, keeping on high alert.

"Stay close," Mingi whispered. San glanced at the taller boy, raising an eyebrow but smiling slightly despite what was currently going on. Mingi sometimes likes to act like as if he doesn't care too much about people but he always gets protective whenever someone's hurt. They both walked through the house slowly, able to see as the light came through the windows. They walked down the halls of the house glancing around, opening the doors and looking into the bedrooms. San moved off to the side, noticing the hall to the loungeroom and he walked down it, looking into the loungeroom. He gasped and his eyes welled up with tears at what he saw. There on the floor of the living room was a pile of dead bodies. Now San is used to dead bodies, he's used to dead Knights and fighting but what he isn't used to is seeing an innocent lady, man and two kids slaughtered and piled in a discarded heap. His sword slipped from his grasp, his hand instead coming up to cover his mouth as he started crying.

"SAN," Mingi yelled, rushing over in worry. He stopped when he reached him, immediately taking notice of what had San in so much distress. His heart broke and he immediately turned San around, pulling him into his chest to hide him from the sight. San can kill someone in an instant, someone who deserves it but when it comes to the innocent being killed, San is extremely sensitive and he wears his heart on his sleeve.

"Let it out bub," Mingi whispered. They should really be looking for Wooyoung, but San is in too much distress to do that. San started sobbing, clinging to Mingi as he cried.

"Th-They don't d-deserve that," San cried.

"I know they don't. Balhae Knights are animals," Mingi said quietly.

"Wh-What if Y-Youngie is like th-that," San sobbed. Mingi's heart broke at his words, knowing very well that it was a high possibility they could find Wooyoung like that. Seeing Wooyoung like that will break San, but not knowing will be even worse.

"We can hope Sannie, we can hope. We need to hold on to that and we need to keep looking," Mingi said softly. San sniffled and nodded, pulling away. Mingi quickly grabbed San's sword and pulled him from the room, making sure the smaller wouldn't be able to see the people again. He gave San back the sword and they stayed close to each other as they scanned the rest of the house, eventually finding the door to the basement.

"San, why don't you wait here," Mingi said softly. If there's even a possibility that Wooyoung is going to be down there, Mingi doesn't want San seeing it.

"I can't. I need to come Gigi," San said, shaking his head.

"Are you sure," Mingi asked. San nodded quickly.

"We need to hurry. The others are all fighting and risking their lives while we're supposed to be finding Wooyoung," San said, wiping his eyes quickly with his sleeve to get rid of the last of his tears. Mingi sighed but nodded and together they slowly walked down the stairs, keeping their swords up just in case. When they got to the bottom of the stairs, they saw that the basement was basically empty except for a few boxes. San let out a breath of relief that he didn't realise he had been holding in, relieved that Wooyoung wasn't dead on the floor. It gives him more time to hope and pray that Wooyoung is going to be ok when they eventually find him because he's not stopping until he finds his baby.

"He's not here, let's keep looking," Mingi said. San nodded and they both left the basement, heading back to the front door of the house. As they passed by the loungeroom, Mingi turned slightly while he walked so San wouldn't accidentally see the dead bodies. Once they left the house, they hurried quickly down the street, turning once they scanned the houses.

"At this rate we're never going to find Youngie," San said with a groan of frustration.

"Have faith Sannie," Mingi said, his eyes roaming the streets.

"What about this one," he said, pointing out another house and starting to walk towards it.

"Mingi wait," San said quickly. Mingi paused and turned around, looking over at San in confusion, not understanding why he asked him to stop.

"What's wrong," he asked quickly.

"We're wasting time. Wooyoung isn't going to be in some random house. They would have a base point somewhere, a place where they higher ups stayed and where they no doubt had Wooyoung locked up," San said. Mingi thought about it before nodding. It made sense, they'd pick somewhere with a good vantage point and somewhere with stability.

"The main road," Mingi said. They both instantly started running, ducking between the streets before they came out on the main road. San's side begun to ache slightly but it wasn't bad so he pushed through the pain. San looked down the road and out to the front of the town where everyone was fighting, though it was spreading out more. There was carnage, dead bodies laying everywhere but San was more hopeful when he took note that there were more Balhae bodies that he could notice.

"San we don't have time, look around so we can figure out which place might be where they set up," Mingi said. San bit his lip and looked around before pausing on a certain building.

"What about the townhouse," he asked quietly. Mingi spun around quickly, noticing where he was looking. The townhouse is big, with many rooms and most definitely a basement. Mingi started running and San took a deep breath before running after him as well, holding his side slightly. Mingi stopped outside the door and grabbed San, covering his mouth and holding a finger to his lips to signal to be quiet. San frowned in confusion but quickly realised why Mingi did what he did. He could hear the sound of voices inside and he nodded to Mingi to let him know he got the message.

"Find out how many," Mingi whispered. San moved slightly peaking into the window. Mingi watched anxiously, gripping onto his sword just in case they saw San. San scanned the reception room quickly, counting how many Knights there were before ducking back down to Mingi.

"There's only three," San whispered.

"Ok, are you ready? There may be more inside so once we take these three out, we're going to stay close and keep protocol while we scope out the house," Mingi said.

"I know. We've got this Gi," San whispered. They both stood up, going behind the door, holding their swords tightly. San held up his hand and slowly counted down from three before Mingi broke the door down and they ran inside. The Balhae Knights were caught off-guard, clearly not expecting anyone to break inside which sounded stupid to Mingi because there's a fight between two Kingdoms going on right now so they should definitely be prepared. San and Mingi used their unawareness to their advantage and were quick to go in for the kill. Mingi stabbed one in the gut while San swung his sword at another but it was blocked and they engaged in a fight. Mingi pulled his sword from where it was embedded, turning to engage the third Knight but he wasn't quick enough. The Knight swung their leg out and caught San's side, the already injured side, making him cry out and fall down, his sword clattering to the ground as he grasped where he was kicked, pain blooming from it.

"San," Mingi yelled as he lunged forwards, just managing to block one of the Knights as their sword was heading straight from San's neck, the younger one still dazed from the blow. He quickly elbowed them in the side and punched them in the nose to get them out of action for a few seconds while he attacked the other Knight, giving San a few more seconds to recover. That's all San needed and he jumped up, tackling the Knight. He punched him a few times before pulling a dagger from his belt and stabbing it into their chest multiple times. Mingi finished off his Knight before turning to San, his heart pounding but he was relieved to see he was fine and his dagger was stabbed into the dead Balhae Knights chest. He dropped to his knees and hugged him tightly, San wincing but hugging him back firmly.

"I'm sorry," he whispered. He knew what just happened. He knew he would be dead if Mingi didn't stop the sword and that it had frightened the slightly younger.

"Holy shit he almost killed you," Mingi rushed out breathlessly, patting San's head.

"I'm ok. A bit sore but ok," San said softly.

"I know. Come on, let's go. If he's going to be anywhere, he'll be here," Mingi said. San nodded and got up quickly, wincing but pushing through the pain. They'll both talk about what just happened later, but they know now isn't the time. They checked through all the rooms one by one, heading towards the basement but they didn't need to get that far. Mingi froze when he opened a door near the end of one of the halls and immediately knew it was what they were looking for. He sighed and closed the door slightly, turning around to see San still looking through the rooms.

"Sannie," he called out. San turned to Mingi, quickly taking note of his face and understanding what he was trying to say. His stomach dropped and he ran forwards quickly. Mingi let go of the door and grabbed San's wrist to stop him.

"San, I need you to take a deep breath. Wooyoung isn't in there, so we have no idea what's happened and for all we know he could be completely fine," Mingi said. San whimpered and shook his head.

"I need to see. Mingi, I need to see," he begged. Mingi sighed but nodded, letting him go and stepping to the side. San quickly rushed forwards and swung open the door, looking around the room. He expected to gag, to throw up and break down, but he just sighed sadly and looked around, taking it all in. There was blood all over the floor, probably on account of the dead Balhae Knight on the floor. There were numerous different objects spread throughout the room, torture objects and a table with chains. If Wooyoung was here, he was tortured. His baby was tortured, because he couldn't protect him like he promised.

"He uh, he could be fine," San said quietly. Mingi walked forwards slowly to stand beside San.

"That's true. We don't need to stress just yet, he could be perfectly fine," Mingi said.

"The Knight is dead and there's a door that leads outside," San said. Mingi nodded slowly before registering what San pointed out.

"How is there a Knight dead? How could he have gotten away? I'm assuming he was chained up, so how did he get out," Mingi said quickly. San furrowed his eyebrows in thought, understanding what Mingi meant. Wooyoung isn't a fighter, it would've been nearly impossible for him to have escaped and killed a Knight without a weapon.

"Someone helped him," San whispered.

"One of them helped," Mingi said slowly.

"That doesn't make sense. Why would one of them help Wooyoung and kill their own kin," Mingi asked.

"I don't know, but I'm hoping we find out," San said quietly.

"We need to get back to the others. There's nothing else we can do here. We can find him once the fighting is over. I just, I just have to hope that whoever protected him for whatever reason, hope that they're going to look after him," San said with a sigh.

"Are you sure," Mingi asked.

"We've found out he was here and that he could be ok. That's as good as we're going to get for now. Right now, we need to protect Hongjoong and the others," San said. Mingi nodded and they both left quickly.

The fighting was still going, even more spread out than before and they were quick to find where Jongho, Yunho and Hongjoong were fighting. Neither of the three were next to each other but Yunho was drifting as close to the Crown Prince as he could, ever the dutiful guardian Knight.

"I've got Jongho, you go to Yunho," Mingi said, running forwards to assist the youngest. San took a deep breath, pushing the pain to the back of his mind as he hurried to get to Yunho's side. Unfortunately before he could get there, he was intercepted by a sword being swung towards his head. San ducked quickly, his reflexes still sharp. He swung around to engage the Knight and hopefully kill him before he was killed himself but he had to fight back a cry as the pain in his side increased. His vision blurred slightly from the pain but he still managed to deflect the sword twice more before slicing their throat open. Once the Knight fell to the floor, San fell down as well, grabbing his side and panting. He looked up noticing that even though the fight would be over soon, there were still a fair few Knights of Balhae, one heading towards him. The words from Hongjoong before they left rang through his mind. He promised he would go to the Prince if it started hurting. He's way past the point of hurting, he's gotten to the point where he doesn't think he can defend himself well enough when there's a Knight who has seen him and is coming. He turned his head and saw Hongjoong about fifteen metres away from where he was, thankfully not anyone at the moment. Crap, he's only got one option.

"YOUR HIGHNESS." Hongjoong startled at San's yell, not expecting the younger boy to be in the midst of the fight. He spun around in confusion but his stomach dropped when he saw San's state. The young Knight was on his knees, one hand holding him up while the other held his side, his face contorted in pain. What scared him the most though was that one of the enemy were heading straight for the injured Knight. He ran forwards instantly but before he could even get halfway to San, another Balhae Knight interception. He cried out in frustration, trying to kill them quickly so he could get to his kid but they were a good fighter.

"SAN," he yelled out worriedly, but there was nothing he could do as the enemy got closer. He couldn't do anything.

Yunho heard Hongjoong's yell for San and he spun around in confusion. He noticed Hongjoong engaged in combat but his eyes widened when they trailed to San and he saw the Balhae Knight heading towards him. No, not San, not his little brother. He sprinted forwards, closing the distance quickly. He didn't have enough time to block the sword as it was swung towards San who did his best to grab his sword but he wouldn't make it in time. Yunho threw himself forwards, wrapping his arms around San and tackling him out of the way. He felt the sword slice through his arm but he paid it no mind as he let go of San and rolled over back onto his feet. He swung his sword around quickly and stabbed it straight into the Knights chest before pulling it out and slicing his neck. He didn't stop there though, the only thoughts in his head being to get San away from the fight and somewhere he can be safe because he clearly can't protect himself. He sheathed his sword and dropped to his knees, scooping San into his arms and standing again despite his whimpering of pain. He ran back quickly, pulling San away from the fighting and holding him in his arms tightly.

Hongjoong managed to kill the Knight and desperately looked around to find San, anxiety curling in his stomach. He let out a breath of relief when he saw San secured safely in Yunho's arms, away from the threat. Good, he's safe, Yunho will protect him.

~~~~~

The fighting continued for another few minutes before they finally managed to kill the last fighting Balhae Knight. Hongjoong put his sword back into his belt and looked around, feeling slightly relieved that there were many Fantasian Knights still standing. They've lost people, he knows that, but majority of their Knights were still standing. He looked around quickly, searching for Jongho and Mingi to make sure they were ok. He found them pretty quickly as they were both hurrying towards Yunho and San. Hongjoong wants to check on them ok, but as the Crown Prince, he needs to make sure things are in order first.

"Knights, listen up," he called out. All the Knights glanced over at him, some recovering and some helping those injured.

"Treat the wounded, find the dead and make sure they're moved somewhere where we can identify them and bring them home. Look after yourselves, you've all done well and protected your Kingdom. We will take some time to recuperate and look after each other," he said. The Knights nodded in acknowledgement before continuing what they were doing, taking into account his orders. He spun around quickly and hurried over to his four boys. He panicked slightly when he heard San sniffling.

"Sannie. Sannie, what's wrong," Hongjoong asked quickly.

"Is it your side? How bad is it," Hongjoong asked worriedly.

"I-I'll be ok. Just hurts a bit," San said with a sniffle.

"Yunho, lay him down on the ground so we can check it out," Hongjoong said. Jongho quickly stepped forwards, helping Yunho delicately place his brother down on the ground. Yunho shuffled and sat down and crossed his legs, moving San's head to lay in his lap. Hongjoong knelt down with next to San and gently untied his robed, pulling them apart before lifting his shirt. He sighed in frustration when he noticed that a few of San's stitches had come undone. It was nothing life-threatening as the ointment seemed to have done most of the internal healing but there were still a few droplets of blood leaking out and he knew it would be slightly painful.

"Good news Sannie, you aren't gonna die," Hongjoong said, making San chuckle before wincing.

"A few of your stitches have come undone so we'll need to fix them when we get back," Hongjoong said. San nodded and sighed before sniffling again.

"San, you ok," Yunho asked worriedly.

"Mingi and I found Youngie's torture room, but he wasn't there," San whispered. Hongjoong's head snapped up, looking to Mingi who looked slightly grim.

"We don't know what happened, but we think he may still be alive and that maybe someone helped him get out," Mingi explained.

"What do you mean someone helped him? As in a Knight of Balhae," Hongjoong asked in confusion. That does not sound like the Balhae Knights he knows.

"We think so. There was a dead Balhae Knight on the ground and the chain restraints were undone. Wooyoung couldn't have done that himself," Mingi said with a sigh.

"I'll send out a search party to try and find him once everything dies down a bit. He can't have done too far," Hongjoong said. As much as he wants to find Wooyoung and make sure the younger boy is ok, they need to make sure everything is ok. He jumped slightly when something touched his hand and he looked down to see San linking his hand in his. He smiled softly and grasped the youngers hand, squeezing it gently. Jongho was glad his brother was going to be ok and he let out a breath of relief. He glanced over the others to make sure they were all ok, his eyes landing on Yunho's arm.

"Holy shit, Yunho your arm," he gasped. Everyone immediately looked where Jongho was looking and gasped. Yunho looked down and winced slightly.

"It's going to be fine, it'll barely need stitches. It's just because it's long and it's bleeding a bit," Yunho said quickly.

"You need to get that dressed and bandaged," Hongjoong said.

"Yeah, it doesn't look too great," Jongho agreed. Yunho rolled his eyes but nodded.

"I'll get it fixed you worrywarts; I promise. I'm a bit busy at the moment though," Yunho said, nodding down to his laugh. Jongho smiled softly as he looked at San resting his head blissfully in Yunho's lap, the older running his fingers through San's hair.

"Choi Jongho. Jjongie." Jongho's head snapped to the side in confusion, standing up quickly as he saw a Knight of Balhae walking out slowly from between two buildings. Hongjoong stood quickly, drawing his sword and frowning angrily. Jongho furrowed his eyebrows as he looked over at the one walking slightly closer. They know his name and they look slightly familiar but how? He's from Balhae, how would he know him? Unless...

"Yeonjun," he gasped. San sat up quickly, hearing the name of his cousin. His cousin is a night of Balhae and he's alive. He's a Knight of Balhae, who would still care about Fantasia, who always had a good heart as a child. Someone helped Wooyoung and he didn't understand who it could've been. He got to his feet quickly, stumbling slightly into Jongho as his side set off a wave of pain but Jongho stabilized him.

"Yeonjun, Yeonjun where is he," San asked quickly, his heart started to race in worry. Yeonjun's eyes widened as saw San.

"S-San, he said you were dead," he gasped. Mere seconds later, a head poked out from behind Yeonjun's back. There were cuts all over his face, blood in his hair, but San would know it anywhere, know those wide teary eyes anywhere.

"WOOYOUNG," he screamed, letting go of Jongho and running forwards. Hongjoong gasped as he saw Wooyoung, Mingi grabbed Yunho's hand tightly and Jongho breathed a sigh of relief. San ran forwards and Wooyoung stepped out from behind Yeonjun, letting out a sob as he saw San. San was dead, he saw him get stabbed, he was going to die. Before San could crash into Wooyoung and hold him tight, an arm shot out and stopped him.

"YEONJUN," he cried out, starting to sob. He thought Wooyoung could be dead but he's fine and he wants him in his arms but Yeonjun is stopping him.

"Sannie he's hurt," Yeonjun said softly. San sniffled before nodding, understanding what Yeonjun meant.

"R-Right, g-gentle," San nodded. Yeonjun quickly moved his hand, not wanting to hold either of them back from being close to each other. Wooyoung sobbed as San hugged him softly, wrapping his arms around him and hugging him as tight as he could. He thought he was dead.

"Th-They stabbed you," Wooyoung sobbed.

"I su-survived. Couldn't die w-without know you were s-safe," San sniffled. Wooyoung sobbed again, holding him as tight as he could despite the immense pain in his body. Nothing would stop him from holding onto his love now that he has him back. 

A/N

Here is Chapter 18 everyone, I hope you enjoyed it

Let me know which scene was your favourite, I love to hear it

Thank you for reading everyone! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 78 15
{Welcome to A Battle Inside Two Hearts! This is a King x Male Knight purecacao au that I made pretty recently. If you use this au, please give me cre...
228 3 22
As prince and princess of their own country, they decide to go to war. The prince, from a vampire country that sucks human blood. The princess, the o...
31.8K 2.3K 57
"Just kill me already" I whispered, tears leaking from my eyes. I would rather die by his hands. "I can't " he shouted furiously glaring at me but hi...
2.3K 24 6
You are 17 years old and a junior in high school. You and your fuck buddy, Mingi act like you hate each other in school, even though you two hook up...