Chapter 19

Trigger Warning

Pretty sad death scene so don't read if this is triggering to you

"Who's the Knight," Hongjoong asked Jongho.

"He's my cousin," Jongho replied before moving forwards quickly.

"Yeonjun," he called out. Yeonjun turned around away from the hugging couple, only to be instantly pulled into a hug. Jongho's hug was warm and comforting and he hugged him back tightly. Jongho held his cousin tightly, feeling as he dropped his head on his shoulder.

"Long time no see little Cuz," Yeonjun whispered.

"Thank you. Thank you for protecting him, for saving him," Jongho whispered.

"He uh, he talked about San and I realised he knew you two. I don't, I never liked what Balhae were doing, I didn't want to do any of it. I'm so sorry. I promise, I promise I didn't kill any of them. They just, they just slaughtered them. I'm so sor-."

"I know," Jongho said softly as he felt his cousin begin to cry. Hongjoong, Yunho and Mingi walked over to the four of them, Yunho with his hand on the hilt of his sword. Jongho noticed that and bristled slightly.

"Yunho he just saved Wooyoung's life, he's not going to kill anyone," he snapped. Yunho glanced at the younger and raised an eyebrow.

"He's a Knight of Balhae, yo-."

"And he's currently crying like a baby on my shoulder. He isn't going to hurt anyone," Jongho said firmly.

"M-My sword," Yeonjun whispered. Jongho nodded and quickly pulled out Yeonjun's sword, dropping it to the ground and watching as Yunho finally relaxed. Hongjoong glanced at their youngest and the enemy Knight before deeming it safe and stepping over to Wooyoung and San. He looked over Wooyoung's body from what he could see and he had to take in a deep breath to stop him from bursting into tears. Wooyoung was alive, but it was clear that he had been through hell and back in the time that he was taken. He had cuts and bruises all over his body and the robes were wet and torn. He paused, wanting to hug the younger but not wanting to hurt him more. Wooyoung glanced up, his eyes meeting the Prince's and he sniffled. He pulled away slightly from San, knowing he needed to see the others. San wanted to keep Wooyoung in his arms but he knew the others were worried as well so he stood beside him, keeping an arm gently around his waist.

"Hey Youngie," Hongjoong said softly. The others all turned around to face him, Yeonjun letting go of Jongho and stepping to the side so they could reunite.

"Th-They asked q-questions about you," Wooyoung sniffled, looking at Hongjoong. Hongjoong's heart broke and his eyes welled up slightly with tears but he held them back.

"That's ok Wooyoung. Whatever you told them, it's ok. They wouldn-."

"He didn't tell them anything." Everyone glanced at Yeonjun in shock, not expecting his words.

"What do you mean," Hongjoong asked slowly.

"I mean they did everything they could to break him and he didn't tell them anything about you. No matter what they did, he wouldn't betray you," Yeonjun said. Hongjoong was both shocked and horrified at his words, turning to Wooyoung as the tears finally begun to fall. If he didn't say anything, then the torture would've gotten worse and he would've been in so much pain but he didn't say anything.

"Y-You didn't give in," Hongjoong whispered.

"We're family right, we protect each other," Wooyoung said quietly. Hongjoong let out a sob before opening his arm and moving forwards. Wooyoung let go of San and fell into Hongjoong's arms as he burst into more tears. Hongjoong held him tightly but loosened his grip when Wooyoung whimpered slightly. Wooyoung curled up in his arms and tucked his head into his neck, feeling warm and safe despite everything going on. Hongjoong's always been like a big brother to him, always looking out for him even when he didn't ask.