Diamond: The Original

By Daybreakwritess

Iria Quinn, she never was good at being different, bad influences in her life made her believe that she must... More

Chapter 1 "Home sweet home"
Chapter 2 "Popular bitches"
Chapter 3 "Just me being me"
Chapter 4 "The day I met him"
Chapter 5 "The day I met her"
Chapter 6 "Forbbiden to run away"
Chapter 7 "I was thinking about you"
Chapter 8 "Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo"
Chapter 9 "The White Twins"
Chapter 10 "Do you want to bet?"
Chapter 11 "Everything was a twisted plan to see your abs"
Chapter 12 "I'm very scary"
Chapter 13 "I'm supposed to hate you"
Chapter 14 "Turn off the lights"
Chapter 15 "Disappear from my fucking seen"
Chapter 16 "Something more formal like a date"
Chapter 17 "I will do the first watch"
Chapter 18 "Dear Nightmares"
Chapter 19 "Wonder Boy and Wonder Girl"
Chapter 20 "My first stolen kiss"
Chapter 21 "Until death do us part and we meet in hell"
Chapter 22 "Hypnotized"
Chapter 23 "Friends"
Chapter 24 "I love being a bad influence"
Chapter 25 "I hate you then I kiss you"
Chapter 26 "Keep me up at night"
Chapter 27 "Greece"
Chapter 28 "Home, not so sweet home"
Chapter 29 "You look as dead as always"
Chapter 30 "Blackout"
Chapter 31 "Pure acting"
Chapter 33 "Dangerously close to her"
Chapter 34 "Rich kid, new girl"
Chapter 35 "Brownie"
Chapter 36 "A tiny tiny little"
Chapter 37 "Tuesday morning"
Chapter 38 "Can I have the pleasure?"
Chapter 39 "I thought that you would have already deduced it"
Chapter 40 "I guess that was never enough"
Chapter 41 "C'est très important"
Chapter 42 "F-R-I-E-N-D-S"
Chapter 43 "Instead I smiled"
Chapter 44 "Are you calling me a whore?"
Chapter 45 "Our night (part 1)"
Chapter 46 "Our night (part 2)"
Chapter 47 "Our night (part 3)"
Chapter 48 "Our night (part 4)"
Chapter 49 "Ruby"
Chapter 50 "Focus, Rough Diamond!"
Chapter 51 "The night we met"
Chapter 52 "Hold your breath and count to ten"
Chapter 53 "Now that you are disguised as a blue prince..."
Chapter 54 "Crush"
Chapter 55 "How am I supposed to look you in the face now?
Chapter 56 "I'm a wreck"
Chapter 57 "Cold sweeting"
Chapter 58 "She was past, a ghost"
Chapter 59 "Coraline"
Chapters 60 "Right here"
Chapter 61 "Tomorrow"
Chapter 62 "Good times never seemed so good"
Chapter 63 "The essence of a Quinn"
Chapter 64 "You were right"
Chapter 65 "The basis of a relationship"
Chapter 66 "It feels impossible"
Chapter 67 "Daddy issues"
Chapter 68 "Sorry"
Chapter 69 "Don't tell me what you think I can be"
Chapter 70 "Old ways"
Chapter 71 "Careless"
Chapter 72 "Damn, how good it felt"
Chapter 73 "London's streets"
Chapter 74 "Never have I ever..."
Chapter 75 "Scars and tattoos"
Chapter 76 "Everything she never said"
Chapter 77 "Boys don't cry"
Chapter 78 "Boyfriend"
Chapter 79 "Dear... Desire"
Chapter 80 "The bus"
Chapter 81 "Tsunami"
Chapter 82 "Paris"
Chapter 83 "Dear... Love"
Chapter 84 "Prom night"
Chapter 85 "The city that never sleeps"
Chapter 86 "Friends don't fight"
Chapter 87 "Despite everything"
Chapter 88 "The only way"
Chapter 89 "Got my finger on the trigger"

Chapter 32 "Everything I could have been"

16 1 0
By Daybreakwritess

~Iria~

When Tristan and I arrived at the boarding school we didn't part like I thought we would when we first entered the front door, instead we walked next to each other through the corridors, I was heading to my dorm because well, it's my dorm and even though it was around dinner time I planned to skip that meal and go to bed but it turned out that Tristan was also heading to my dorm, he wanted to meet with his sister or I don't know what.

We walked immersed in silence, not an awkward one, just some silence I didn't care to share with him. Neither of us would have imagined the crisis that was taking place in my dorm when we entered, Chrystal and Ethan were there, they seemed to be arguing though Chrystal was the only one yelling, Ethan had that neutral expression he used when women -most likely me- vent with him and he just took all those screams even though they weren't meant to him. Tristan entered first, he was impatient to know what was this about, however I stood close to the door, getting the lay of the land.

I realized Chrystal was wearing the Ivy Bennett costume and that she didn't stop holding her necklace, it took me five yells to start joining dots and figure out what was this about. Chrystal's necklace.

"What's going on here?" I heard a stern voice behind me, I knew it belonged to Mr. White instantly, the strong smell of his expensive cologne hit me when he approached me.

All eyes turned to where I was, to the door of the dorm, but they fixed on Mr. White, his flawless look was slightly more scruffy, he had the same business man look but now his vest was unbuttoned and his shirt's sleeves rolled up. Chrystal stopped yelling when she saw her father although it didn't last long.

"I quit. Start looking for another Ivy Bennett because I refuse to be play her."

Chrystal dropped the pink wing that was supposed to be Ivy's hair and let it fall to the floor, then she exited the dorm with heavy footsteps.

I stepped away when she walked past me like a furious whirlwind, all the boys in the dorm didn't spend long in the room, they all went after her so I walked further into the dorm, the weather was kinda nuts, you could literally see how Tristan was fighting to stop the storm his sister was provoking, one second it was drizzling and the other you could hear the thunders joining the angry rain.

I sat on my bed, I wasn't going to overwhelm more Chrystal by going after her like the boys They had to come back.

While I waited my fingers ran into a piece of paper that was on top of the cover Chanel used to keep our disguises, this one had 'Ivy Bennet' written over it. I grabbed the piece of paper that turned out to be a note Chanel left Chrystal and after hesitating a few seconds I read it.

Try out this outfit but remember to take off that necklace of yours, it doesn't fix Ivy Bennett's profile.

I had to left the note quickly on its place when Chrystal, the whirlwind, entered the dorm followed by three men, well, a man and two teenagers.

"Sure, dad. I should hear to the two bad boys of the school." Chrystal's sarcasm snapped at me, she was backwards to me, facing the boys on our dorm entrance but she fixed her eyes on her brother, she glare at him. "A mosquito bit me today, brother. It made me bleed, why don't you go and break its nose too?"

I avoided a laugh when the imagine of Tristan fighting against a mosquito burst into my mind. I was half successful in that, I just let out an almost inaudible chuckle.

I fixed my eyes on Tristan, I have been staring at him since he entered the room but he was now busy staring at his sister. She was pissed because of that deep desire of him to want to protect her above everything, that desire that passed over everything and everyone and led him to cause storms, blackouts and black eyes. Tonight it just caused an empathetic look on his electric blue eyes.

"That's not fair, Chrystal." He stepped forward, getting close to his sister.

"Not fair?" Chrystal scoffed with a sarcastic laugh. "What is not fair is that woman trying to take away from me the only thing I have left from my deceased mother." I supposed Chrystal's eyes were crystallizing because of how her voice broke at the end but she just looked at her father. "You once told me mom insisted in me never taking the necklace off, what type of daughter would I be if I can't even do the only thing my mother has ever asked me to do?"

I looked at Mr. White and saw how his crossed arms relaxed as he gave a warm smile to his daughter but I also looked at Ethan, we gave each other the same look, we knew we were left over in this family issue however neither of us left.

"I can assure you your mother would be fine with it, Chrystal." Mr. White's eyes shone as brightly as his warm smile, the difference was that in his eyes there wasn't anything but nostalgia.

Chrystal smiled back at her father, her left hand was still holding that necklace, pressing it against her chest and her smile was visibly warm.

"You can't assure that." She used a firm tone before leaving aside all that peace her smile transmitted and gain a stern look. "If you want me to take it off you will have to tear it from my corpse."

I saw how she clenched her right fist close to her thigh, just when I was going to step in and try my best to convince my friend she would get over it, Tristan beat me to it. He reduced the distance between his sister and him with a long footstep until he could place his hand on Chrystal's shoulder with a caress, reassuring her.

"Chris... I know that necklace means the world to you and you feel safe when you wear it... but that necklace is yours, is part of Chrystal White not Ivy Bennett's." Tristan's voice was reassuring, I knew he was staring right into his sister's eyes, trying to convince her with sweet words...

Despiste that I couldn't help fixing my eyes on him too.

Chrystal took a deep breath, her right fist relaxed although she never took her left hand off her necklace, this time she caressed it instead of pressing it tightly against her chest.

"Nobody is asking you to break your promise Chrystal, you can continue to take the necklace with you but like a lucky charm instead. Carry it in your bag or pocket."

Chrystal let out a sigh after another deep breath, her left hand fell to her side, letting his necklace go, she nodded still staring at her brother, he hugged her right away though she remained motionless. While Tristan hugged his sister he rested his chin over her shoulder, it was then when our gazes met.

"Well done." I vocalized without making a sound for him to read my lips, not feeling like avoiding the smile that took over my lips.

༄ ❅ ༄

The following weeks went by faster than expected. The classes for virgin spies that hadn't flirted in their lives were better than I thought they would, it turns out teasing Wonder Boy was almost as funny as beating him up.

I also heard rumors, well I heard teenage girls drooling over Tristan because of how sexy it was his protective side but I did hear rumors about Tristan giving his captaincy away. Chrystal confirmed me the rumors, she told me her brother did that because he won't be in the boarding school for the next month and the team needed a captain who could focus on the football and the football only.

I don't believe that was the only reason... I believe that Wonder Boy is a softie who felt bad for Brian. He has that soft side that seems like a legend to me, I've never seen it with my own eyes.

The classes continued, the school ones, the ones with Ewan and those with Helmer. I still don't understand why do we have to be so physically prepared if, as long as I know, the only threat will be Kenzie's lighter.

Among all the crisis, rumors and classes the weeks flew by and when I realized, only a few hours were missing to start the mission. I found myself staring at my reflection in the mirror, I was already dressed in one of the outfits Chanel had chosen for me, a short skirt with a military print but also with small stones that shone like diamonds, black almost-see-through tights, a black low cut top together with another black almost-see-through long sleeved shirt and some black ankle boots, plus all the expensive silver jewelry, like the ring earrings or the five rings distribute among my fingers.

I looked at the wig I hadn't put on yet, it was next to the black contacts I needed to put on too. The wig was purple, apparently Frankie wore a dyed purple hair color whose tone was close to the pink shades. It was a wavy short wig whose hair reached over my shoulder, it barely brushed them.

Chanel had just our dorm after finishing our makeup, I wore a plum matte lipstick with dark plum eyeshadow on my eyes and Chrystal deep pink gloss, her eyeshadow was of different pink shades, together with the thin eyeliner her makeup looked out of a fashion magazine. She went to find her brother to his dorm after dressing excessively fast and I went to the bathroom, my eyes were fixed on the mirror as I touched the choker over my neck, I used to were thinner chokers, this one was wide.

I tried to mentally prepare myself for what was about to happen, as the actors do before a play but I wasn't an actress about to go on stage, I was a damn spy about to start an undercover mission, and I was about to spend the next 35 days being someone else.

The past weeks had been a mess, there were still some important details to figure out like Ethan's bond with Chrystal, they had to make that bond for a due date so they spent the past weeks trying to get close, Tristan was there every time they hanged. I don't know what's the deal with those two... I think Chris and E are friends now what I find wonderful, my two best friends getting along. What I don't find as wonderful is the fact that Tristan and I are the only ones left to be friends...

Incredible more pressure!

I put on the contacts and wig, I have never wore black contacts... neither a purple wig. The sound of the bathroom door opening snapped me back to reality, I faced the person who just entered the bathroom clearing my throat.

"Chris have you-" Tristan started talking before entering the bathroom, he shut up immediately when he saw me. "You are not Chrystal." The genius let out with a confused voice as his eyebrows furrowed.

I spent some seconds checking out Liam's disguise. I knew he had to wear a brown haired wig but he wasn't wearing it yet, -Good, I got some more minutes to admire his white hair. Tristan didn't look as different, he just dressed more fashionable with the designer clothes and expensive sneakers, the only one who wore cheaper clothes in this mission was Ethan.

I knew I couldn't assume Tristan and Liam were equal, I knew for a fact that as similar as your clothing style could be that didn't mean anything.

"I would say I'm hotter than Chrystal but I'm sure she wears one more bra cup than me." I joked though my nervous voice just spoke the truth.

Tristan stare at me for some time with an expression I couldn't tell, it was weird, he was weird. It was then when I realized Chrystal was literally best friends with her brother and there was a slightly possibility that now Tristan knew my bra cup but oh well, things that happens.

"Your disguise suits you. Nobody would see the difference between you and Frankie." He finally spoke, checking Frankie out.

I did see the difference between us and it wasn't small.

"There's a difference." I spoke up feeling kinda outraged by the comparison. "Frankie buys the designer stuffs she wears and I steal them." I joked without feeling it, I meant there was a difference between Frankie and I but my sarcasm betrayed me.

"My bad." Tristan apologized with traces of a laugh in his voice.

At least my sarcasm made him laugh.

"Jokes aside there is a difference between us. Frankie is a rebel because is fashion but when things gets messy she can always come back to her family..." My gaze averted from his gaze to my feet and I couldn't get to fix it on him again. "Frankie has a place to return. I'm just a girl whose mother didn't stand one more day so she sent her to the other side of the world. I'm trash." I tried to murmur the last sentence to hide how those words got to hurt but it didn't turn out as planned.

"You aren't trash." Tristan rushed to let out, the words left his mouth as a reflex

"I am." I assured maybe sounding a little sad for how serious I was. "I'm jealous too." I confessed getting Tristan to frown showing the curiosity on his face. "She has everything I ever dreamed about, a family and being normal."

I had a nostalgic smile as I talked, it was just so weird to think I could have been like Frankie if I would have been born normal... Tristan kept his eyes fixed on mine for some more time, once again his piercing gaze made me impossible to avert my gaze from his.

"You aren't trash, Rough Diamond." He repeated giving me a weird chill when he called me by that nickname. "You are just too special to be understood by all. Most humans aren't designed to know about our existence, they are so self-centered that they can't bear to know there's someone superior to them, someone who hasn't made the least effort to be the best, just being born. They may treat you like trash just because they are jealous of how amazing you are." His voice was sweeter than usual, with more subtleness. There weren't trace of sarcasm or forced smiles, just words that seemed honest what wanted to confuse me.

I wasn't used to that.

Tristan's words really got to me, he stare at me with such an intensity that I wanted to engrave those words in my mind to don't forget them, above all that last sentence.

They may treat you like trash just because they are jealous of how amazing you are.

"Careful, Wonder Boy. Amazing is dangerously close to be a compliment." I warned him with a kidding tone, wanting the seriousness and tension in the room to fade.

Tristan smiled and for some reason my lips felt liked curving too.

"Oh, I would never make the mistake to address you a compliment. Your ego is already big enough." He mocked and I let out a soft laugh.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 378 36
"If you loved me, I wouldn't be a secret." °•°•°•° Paige is the luckiest girl in the world...according to her and maybe every girl in Bishop High-tha...
1.9K 301 25
What would you do if, after seventeen years of your existence, you are told that you are not what you always thought you are? TJ von Stein has been a...
853K 20.3K 23
COMPLETED ❝It is so hard to stay away from you, but I know I need too. But the thing is, I can't help myself around you. You make me lose all the con...
1.1K 121 29
Isabella has never belonged to a pack. Her father, Alpha Charles, sent her away to his Brother's pack after her mother's death, enraged she never gav...