Fear of Intimacy

Od OutOfMyLimit17

{BOOK 2 OF THE 'FALLING SERIES'} Tasha Davis wants the type of love her best friend has. The all consuming... Viac

A/N
Chapter 1.....
Chapter 2....
Chapter 3....
Chapter 4....
Chapter 5....
Chapter 6...
Chapter 7....
Chapter 8....
Chapter 9.....
Chapter 10...
Chapter 11...
Chapter 12...
Chapter 13...
Chapter 14....
Chapter 15....
Chapter 16....
Chapter 17....
Chapter 18....
Chapter 19....
Chapter 20....
Chapter 21....
Chapter 22...
Chapter 23...
Chapter 24...
Chapter 25...
Chapter 27....
Chapter 28....
Chapter 29...
Chapter 30....
Chapter 31....
Chapter 32....
Chapter 33....
Chapter 34....
Chapter 35....
A/N
Bonus Chapter 1...
Bonus Chapter 2...
Playlist

Chapter 26...

16.7K 659 165
Od OutOfMyLimit17

Both of our heads snapped to the side. Mateo stood in the doorway with wide eyes as he glanced back and forth between Trevor and I. The three of us just stared at one another not saying a word.

"You do realize the germs in here right?" Mateo broke the silence. If I wasn't so caught off guard I would have laughed.

I looked over at Trevor unsure what to say. I think us being a secret was now blown.

"Well this is awkward." Mateo rolled back and forth on the balls of his feet. "I think I'm just gonna..." He pointed over his shoulder. He looked at us with a smirk before shutting the door.

"How much do you wanna bet he's off telling everyone right now." Trevor commented. I dropped my forehead on his chest with a sigh. It wasn't the worst thing if every knew, it just wasn't the way I wanted everyone to find out.

"I mean it's not the worst thing." Trevor whispered, his hands softly rubbing my sides. "Now I can touch you without worrying someone will see."

That's true. We wouldn't have to keep our distance from one another. Which seemed like an impossible task.

Josie's words from the car popped into my head. I didn't want Trevor seeing or talking to some other girl. The thought alone felt like someone was stabbing my chest. Before we went out there to all of our friends I needed to know one thing.

Pulling back so I could see his face I steeled myself for what I was about to say. This could very well be the moment that changes everything between us. He can either say yes or no and that's the end.

"Trevor I..." I struggled to say the words. What the hell was wrong with me? I don't struggle with words or going for what I want. When I want something I go for it without second guessing myself. Yet here, in front of Trevor, I was scared to say what I wanted. He made me into a blushing school girl.

Trevor patiently waited for me to continue. His hands never once stopping their movement against my skin.

Tasha. Woman up and do it.

"Before we go out there I need to know something." I stared up into the face that I've come to fall for. "What we are doing isn't just a...fling. Right?"

"A fling?"

"Yeah like are we exclusive?" My heart was pounding in my chest as I spoke. "I just don't want to go out there and tell our friends if this is just a few weeks type of thing." Yep, now I was rambling.

"Tasha." Trevor's hands left my hips and came up to cup the sides of my face. A small smile playing on his lips. "You really have no idea what you do to me, do you?"

My hands moved to grip the front of his shirt as he continued on staring into my eyes.

"This is not a fling. Not to me." My heart soared at his words. This wasn't a fling to me either. "I'm only going to say this once, and I'm sorry if I come off as a possessive douchebag."

His grip on my face tightened just a little. Using his thumbs under my jaw he titled my head back, leaning down further so he was towering over me more than he was before.

"You are mine Tasha. No other guy gets to look at you. Talk to you. Touch you. Is that understood?"

Those words did something to my insides. The words themselves were beyond possessive and demanding but not in a 'I own you' type of way. Trevor was staking his claim and fuck did it not make me want him even more.

I liked the sound of being his and only his.

"Sunshine." His voice pulled me back from thoughts. "Understood?"

"Understood." I breathed. "Same goes for you. You are mine." I spoke with the same amount of intensity. If he's going to be possessive then so will I.

His lip quirked up at my tone.

"I'm yours."

His lips met mine as if we just sealed a deal. Before the kiss turned into something more I pulled back with a smile.

"Okay let's do this."

"We'll just act normal and see if they say something. Maybe the idiot didn't say anything."

"You've met Mateo right?" I laughed. I was hundred precent sure he has already told everyone.

Pecking my lips once more Trevor gently picked me up and sat me on my feet. Giving me an encouraging smile he opened the door. Taking a deep breath the two of us left the confines of the bathroom and headed back towards the kitchen.

I could hear everyone talking in the kitchen as we got close. Okay here we go. Bracing myself for the questions to be thrown at us, Trevor and I slipped into the kitchen.

Everyone was standing around the counter talking with Sydni and Bryton that now showed up. No one seemed to notice the two of us which I took as a good sign. Acting normal like Trevor suggested I moved to stand beside Josie while Trevor went over to Bryton.

"I would love it if you were one of my bridesmaids." I caught the end of what Josie was saying.

"Of course!" Sydni squealed, pulling Josie isn't a tight hug. "We gotta start planning the bachelorette party!"

I laughed along with Josie, loving that was the first thing Sydni thought of. As the two of them kept talking I looked around to see if anyone was acting different but found everyone was busy talking to one another. None of them to have noticed Trevor and I were gone.

I caught Trevor's eye and sent him a questioning look. What the hell. Maybe Mateo didn't tell everyone. Trevor just shrugged in response, clearly surprised as I was. I wasn't going to question it though. If he hasn't told anyone then Trevor and I can tell everyone on our own.

Slowly all of us started filtering out to the backyard, ready to get the BBQ started. Seeing a cooler filled with drinks by the table I made my way over, desperately needing a drink. Reaching to grab a beer a hand nudged mine. I looked over finding Mateo grabbing his own beer.

"What?" Seeing my look he shot me an innocent grin.

"You're only 18." I reminded him. I had nothing against him drinking but I'm pretty sure Evelyn would skin him alive if she caught him with a beer. If Wyatt or Landon didn't do it first.

"I'm in University student babe." Mateo popped off the bottle with a twist of his wrist. Clearly not his first time opening a beer. "Want to be with a real man?"

The smirk on his face made me grin. I couldn't deny that Mateo was good looking. He definitely had the Boone gene. Strong jaw, high cheek bones, sandy blond hair that he's cut shorter which made his face seem thinner than the last I saw him. And those blue eyes drew you in immediately. If I was his age I would no doubt have a huge crush on him.

"You think you can handle a woman like me?" I leaned my hip against the table, sending him a teasing smirk.

"Oh I can treat you real nice. I've been told I make a great boyfriend."

"You know your mom's opinion doesn't count right?"

"I'm a momma's boy what can I say. She taught me to treat women the right way."

"Did she?" As I leaned towards him he nodded, his eyes widening a fraction. "That's a quality I look for in a man." I batted my eyelashes at him. Knowing exactly how to hook him in.

Biting back a grin I trailed a finger down his arm. Mateo swallowed as he looked at me.

"Someone who's strong, smart, caring, and can have a good time."

"We can leave and go have fun somewhere else." Mateo suggested.I leaned in closer so I could whisper.

"Not in this lifetime kid." Stepping back I snatched the beer from his hand and walked off with a smirk. Behind me I heard Mateo sputter.

"You're gonna fall for me one day, I know it!" He yelled after me. Turning around and walking backwards I sent him a grin.

"Thanks for the beer!"

Mateo stood there grinning widely as he stared after me. That kid was trouble for sure. I probably shouldn't have teased him when he knew about Trevor and I, and has yet to tell anyone. But the opportunity was too good to pass up.

As I walked back towards the girls I heard Mateo let out a whine.

"Not again." Glancing over I saw Landon rip another beer from Mateo's hand as he pouted.

"That kid I swear." Wyatt muttered, standing behind Josie.

"I love him."

"Not as much as me." He tugged her back against him, leaning down to whisper in her ear making her giggle. I smiled at the sight before looking around for Trevor.

He was standing over by the grill with Bryton and now Landon. I didn't spare the other two a glance as I looked at Trevor. It was surprisingly pretty nice out today which was perfect for a bbq. But it also meant that Trevor was wearing a t-shirt that showed off his arms and his tattoos. Tattoos that I've spent multiple nights tracing with my fingers...and tongue.

Even though he was only wearing a simple blue shirt and jeans he looked good enough to eat. Every part of me wanted to go over there and wrap my arms around him but I couldn't. Not until we said something. Mateo obviously keeping what he saw to himself. Although I was tempted to say screw it and just do it and see what everyone said. Or tug him back into the bathroom and have my way with him. Both were so tempting.

As if sensing my gaze he looked over at me. From the way is eyes looked me up and down I was pretty sure he was thinking the same thing I was. I've never craved anyone like I do Trevor. I just wanted to be around him and touch him.

"Who's gonna work the grill?" Evelyn called out, walking out of the house.

"Already on it Ms. B." Bryton called out. I love how all the guys treated Wyatt's mom like their own. You could tell they loved her as much as she loved them.

All of us stood around talking and drinking as we waited to eat. Conversation jumping from subject to subject. Slowly Trevor and I moved closer to one another as everyone talked. He started off across from me until his arm brushed against mine.

"Make sure you guys do good this year. I'm set to win my fantasy league." Mateo told Trevor, Wyatt, and Bryton.

"You do know it's practically cheating since you know us." Bryton commented.

"It's not cheating. I'm just playing smart." Mateo pointed at Landon. "He does it too!"

Landon just casually sipped his beer looking like he couldn't give two shits.

"And?"

"If I'm cheating then so are you."

"I only have Trevor on my team."

"Wait, hold on." Wyatt looked at his older brother. "I'm not on your fantasy team?"

"You're one of my backups." Landon said it so casually as Wyatt gaped at his brother.

"A backup."

"Have to keep my options open." Landon shrugged. I noticed Mateo was smirking at the fact the attention was off of him. He was a little pot stirrer.

"Trevor? I'm your brother."

"Can't help that I'm better than you B." Trevor smirked beside me.

"Oh you think so huh?" Wyatt turned to his best friend with a raised eyebrow.

"If the shoe fits." Trevor shrugged, totally taunting Wyatt. "I am bigger than you." I mean...Trevor was a tad bit taller and his shoulders were wider than Wyatt's. But they were pretty similar.

"I could take your ass any day." Wyatt stepped towards Trevor with a playful smirk. Beside me Josie took a step back. I followed her lead as the two stared at one another. I had a feeling they were about to wrestle each other.

"Then come at me fat ass." Yep, that will do it.

Josie grabbed my arm as the two reached for each other, trying to put the other in a headlock. I could tell the two of them were laughing as they grabbed at one another. Sydni, Josie, and I stayed off to the side as the guys cheered them both on.

"AHHH!" Mateo suddenly let out a battle cry as he ran and launched himself on Trevor's back.

"Oh no you don't." Bryton jumped into the fray, reaching to grab Mateo. With a groan Landon downed the rest of his beer, setting it down before joining in with the rest of them.

Us three girls stood there watching as our guys tackled each other. All four of them acting like teenagers. By the laughter that came from them I could it was all in fun.

"Remind me again why I love him." Sydni remarked, watching her boyfriend grab Mateo and wrestled him to the ground.

"Because they're good in bed." Josie answered. I laughed as Sydni agreed. I mean they weren't wrong. Just the thought of what Trevor did to me this morning had me clenching my thighs. I want to be woken up that way everyday.

"Hands off the booty!" Mateo yelled.

"I'm not touching your ass!" Bryton yelled back.

"Well someone is!"

"That would be me." Trevor answered from the bottom of the pile.

"Okay, you can keep touching."

"Fuck no!" I watched as Trevor struggled to get free of the dog pile.

"What is going on here?" Evelyn appeared out of nowhere. All of the guys froze, heads turning to look at her. She stared at all five of them with a look that clearly said disappointment. "You guys should know better." Evelyn shook her head.

"Yeah guys. Pfft." Mateo scrambled out of the dog pile acting as if he didn't participate in it. It was between Trevor and Wyatt until he jumped in. He sent the others a smug look over his shoulder as he went over to his mom, dropping a kiss on her cheek.

"Are you guys done yet? We're hungry." Sydni interrupted the glaring that was happening.

"Yeah come on children, we wanna eat." I laughed under my breath at Mateo. He was looking to get his ass beat. And from the looks everyone was giving him I'd say it was a good possibility.

As the guys got up off the lawn to go finish getting the food ready I made my way over to Trevor, who stayed on the ground laying on his back.

"Didn't know you liked to touch other men's booties." I grinned, standing above him.

"My hand was stuck." Trevor glared up at me which only made me smile even more.

"Uh huh. It's okay I won't judge you....well maybe a little bit."

"Tasha." He warned. I loved when he got that voice.

"Keep doing you." I shrugged ignoring his warning tone. In one smooth motion Trevor got to his feet. This time he was towering over me. He stepped towards me until his chest was inches from mine and I had to tilt my head back to look at him.

"For that comment you are going to feel my hand on your ass tonight." He lowered his voice to a whisper. He may have spoken softly but the promise was clear as day. Biting my bottom lip I leaned closer so he could hear me. His gaze flickering to my lips.

"I look forward to it."

His jaw clenched at my words as I took a step back. With a wink I turned on my heel and headed towards the table where the others were at. I probably made it worse for myself tonight but I always liked to do things that I shouldn't.

With the burgers now done, everyone made their plates and picked a place to sit. By time I made my own plate the only place to sit was next to Trevor, which I obviously didn't mind one bit.

Under the table he nudged me with his knee before placing some pickles on my plate. My lips quirked up. He knew I liked pickles while he hated them. I nudged him back with my knee in thanks.

Everyone made idle conversation as we started eating. Every so often I'd look over and meet Trevor's eye, the two of us sharing a secret smile before turning back to my plate. I felt like a teenager when I was with him. Wanting to always be around him and touch him. When his foot hooked around my leg I had to stop myself from giggling.

"So," Mateo spoke up above everyone else making the table go quiet. I took a big bite of my burger waiting for what he was going to say. "when is everyone going to find out Trevor and Tasha are screwing each other."

My hamburger stuck in my throat. Silence hung above the table. All at once every single head turned to look at Trevor and I. Trevor patted my back as I choked, coughing into my napkin as I struggled to breathe.

That little shit. I should have known he would keep it to himself until the perfect opportunity to announce it to everyone. I narrowed my eyes at him as he sat at the other end of the table with a smirk on his face. Oh I was definitely going to beat his ass.

"What?" Josie spoke first.

I looked over at Trevor with wide eyes. Well shit. In the bathroom earlier we planned for this but right now with everyone's eyes on me I was frozen. This was a big thing to hide. It wasn't like we stole a piece of cake.

Trevor sent me a small smile, grabbing my hand with his on the table, squeezing it reassuringly.

"Tasha and I are together."

The two of us looked over at our friends, who all just sat there staring at us. My eyes were on Josie waiting to see her reaction. Another full minute passed of silence with no one saying anything.

"Thank god." Josie finally spoke.

"Finally!" Sydni echoed.

I stared at my two best friends with raised eyebrows. That was not the response I was thinking we'd get. I was expecting surprised looks, questions thrown at us, but everyone was just sitting here like it wasn't new news.

"Damn it." Wyatt cursed at the same time Bryton groaned.

I looked at Trevor beyond confused.

"What is going?" Trevor spoke the words before I could.

"You lost me a grand!" Bryton pointed at the two of us. '

"You didn't need to bet that much." Sydni pointed out to her boyfriend.

"Mateo cheated!"

"I did not!"

"Guys." I spoke above them as they all started talking and pointing fingers at one another. "Guys!" I yelled. Their mouths slammed shut and they looked over at me. "What in the world is going on?"

"Months ago we made a bet to see how long it would take for you two to get together. We've had to keep extending it." Josie explained.

"Took your sweet ass time." Bryton mumbled.

"You gambled on us?"

"Just a friendly wager. None of us could interfere." Wyatt shrugged as if it wasn't a big deal.

"So us," I gestured between Trevor and I. "Isn't a big shock?"

"We already knew you'd get together." Sydni waved us off. "Plus Trevor told the guys you two kissed months ago."

Our friends made bets on when we would get together behind our backs. For months! I wasn't sure if I should be offended or impressed.

"Ignore them." Evelyn reached over to squeeze my arm. "I'm happy you two are together." I shot her a small smile in thanks. "Even if I lost."

"You bet!?" Trevor looked at her with wide eyes.

"I overheard them talking about it and thought why not." Evelyn didn't even look sorry.

"Is there anyone who didn't place a bet on Tasha and I?"

Everyone looked at each other before shrugging, even Landon and Mateo. Well no wonder none of them looked at all surprised when Mateo blurted it out.

"Well...okay?" I guess that went better than expected? I wasn't even sure about anything right now. I was fully expecting everyone to be shocked or something more dramatic than this.

"Guess we worried about nothing." Trevor said, looking just as confused as I was. And here we were worried about how to tell them. A lot of stress for nothing.

"Apparently so." A smile started to grow on Trevor face.

"You know what this means right?" He leaned towards me, hand coming up to softly grab my chin. "I can kiss you anytime I want."

"I like the sound of that." I grinned as his lips pressed against mine. Like every time we kissed my stomach erupted into butterflies. I didn't even care that our friends were sitting right there watching.

Trevor pulled back until his lips just barely brushed mine. I wanted to pull him back but now was not the place to do that. Pecking my lips one more time he sent me one more big smile before turning back in his seat. He laced his fingers through mine and kept it on the table.

I met Josie's eye as she grinned at the two of us. She sent me a wink before mouthing 'we'll talk later'. The fact that she wasn't angry that I kept this from her eased the guilt in my chest.

"Wait, how did you know about them?" I tuned back into the conversation as Wyatt asked Mateo.

"I walked in on them in the bathroom earlier." Mateo looked at Trevor and I. "Screwing in the bathroom, how unsanitary." He scrunched up his nose.

"Watch your mouth." Evelyn reached around Landon to smack his arm.

"Why am I being punished when it was them! You need to disinfect that sink now!"

"Oh hush!" Mateo huffed at the look he was given. He muttered under his breath about things being unfair. I smiled at the karma. That's what he gets for telling everyone about us.

"So how did it happen?" Sydni asked after a moment. She rested her chin on her hands as she gazed at the two of us with a wide smile.

"The day after we got back from Australia." Going to Trevor's place after that call with my mother was a spur of the moment but it turned into something great. I needed that push. Needed to get my head out of my ass and go after what I wanted. While the motivation behind me going over wasn't the best, it's become the best decision I've ever made.

"Wait if they've been together for over a week that means you didn't win." Wyatt started to say.

"We said when they admit it the person the closest wins." Sydni shook her head. "They are just now admitting it, so you still lost."

"Still bullshit." I loved how upset Bryton was out of everyone.

As everyone started arguing and talking over each other again, I leaned against Trevor's side. Oddly enough I was content. Yeah everyone found out in a weird way but now that they knew Trevor and I don't have to hide it anymore. Knowing our friends didn't care just made the whole thing a lot easier. 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Of course it was going to be Mateo who walked in on them. Loved all of your guess's though! Imagine if it was Evelyn...awkward! 

I can't say it enough but I freaking love Mateo. Every scene with him is my favorite. I may love all the characters but he truly is my favorite. Hopefully soon I'll be writing his book. I mean who doesn't want a full length novel about Mateo Boone!? 

So there we go. The whole gang now knows about Trevor and Tasha. Now the cute double dates can start, no more hiding, and more group content. I just love writing them all together. 

I hope you guys loved this chapter as much as I did! You guys are amazing for getting this book to 106k reads so far! Fingers crossed this is another book that reaches 1M reads, which would be incredible!! I know a lot of you are waiting for the whole book to be complete and I'm aiming for the last week of September the latest so veryyyyy soon!!

Anyways, love you guys!! Thank you for the love and support! As always let me know what you think!!

VOTE, COMMENT

<3 <3 <3

-Ken

P.S I just read "It Happened One Summer" by Tessa Bailey and WORTH ALL THE HYPE! I seriously don't know why it took me this long to buy it. Seriously one of my favs I've read recently and I've read some really good ones (Love on the Brain, Book Lovers). But man I could rave about this book for ages. I need a hot fisherman in my life ASAP! 

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

1M 49.3K 43
Eighteen-year-old Nat falls for five different boys during her first month at college, but never openly admits her crushes - until one night she drun...
768K 32.5K 28
After a one night stand on New Year's Eve, Lia and Derrick don't expect to see one another again. After all, she's a Harvard PhD student and he's a p...
9M 256K 52
[THIS BOOK WILL BECOME FREE ON MAY 28TH!!!!!!] Getting stuck in the elevator with a famous hockey player was an accident, but falling in love is a c...
931K 27K 66
COMPLETED - It's puck at first sight for Jules Martin, when his gaze falls on Luna Larsson at his first College ice hockey game with a new team. The...