Thin Ice ✔️

By everlandwrites

Danielle wanted to keep one thing locked away: her past. But that promise soon crumbles when a new face arriv... More

author's note + characters
chapter one: Not cool man
chapter two: the puck flip
chapter three: lovers land
chapter four: its a whore house
chapter five: a visitor
chapter six: shirtless in my apartment?
chapter seven: tequila, no ice
chapter eight: seems like a douche
chapter nine: five fucking years
chapter ten: who is that again?
chapter eleven: memories
chapter twelve: serious meets sarcasm
chapter thirteen: did he just hang up on me?
chapter fourteen: selfish
chapter fifteen: regrets
chapter sixteen: sick
chapter seventeen: secrets
chapter eighteen: the deep dark past that still scares me to this day
chapter nineteen: coincidence
chapter twenty: intentions
chapter twenty one: home
chapter twenty two: try and try again
chapter twenty three: a fucking rat
chapter twenty four: together, but far apart
chapter twenty five: selly's got a girl
chapter twenty six: back in his bed
chapter twenty seven: dry cereal
chapter twenty eight: you were the only one
chapter twenty nine: suffering, pain, and agony
chapter thirty: T
chapter thirty one: need
chapter thirty two: but she could be naked
chapter thirty three: forget
chapter thirty four: to consider or not to consider
chapter thirty five: trust
chapter thirty six: a kindergarten project
chapter thirty seven: stalker
chapter thrity eight: overthinking
chapter thrity nine: the cookie crumbles
chapter forty: a surprise?
chapter forty one: care
chapter forty two: ridiculous
chapter forty three: an explanation
chapter forty four: an envelope
chapter forty five: a little help
chapter forty six: kiss me
chapter forty seven: fake it
chapter forty eight: breakaway
chapter forty nine: tattoos and bruises
chapter fifty one: are you sure?
chapter fifty two: i miss him
chapter fifty three: chips & guac
chapter fifty four: relief
chapter fifty five: i love you
chapter fifty six: one percent
chapter fifty seven: are you okay?
chapter fifty eight: thin ice
chapter fifty nine: we're done
chapter sixty: miserable
chapter sixty one: a wise talk
chapter sixty two: complete
bonus chapter #1
bonus chapter #2
bonus chapter #3: wedding bells and baby bumpin'

chapter fifty: cookies for breakfast

59.3K 1.2K 1.3K
By everlandwrites

Hunter's POV

Dani's cute.

And it's cute that she thinks I don't know the real reason behind these little "practice sessions."

I know it's just her cover to make out with me.

But I don't mind. Not one bit. I'm actually enjoying it.

I enjoy kissing her. I like doing it.

Funny how that's the first thing on my mind this morning. A very special morning may I add.

January 8th.

The prettiest girl in the world, in my opinion, was born. Today marked her 22nd birthday and it kind of shocked me that we're already in our early twenties.

Time flies I guess.

I just pulled out a tray of cookies from the oven and set them down on the counter. Most of them were chocolate with chocolate chips and the others were just regular chocolate chip.

Dani did love chocolate after all.

I shut the oven and took off the mitt when I saw her walk into the kitchen.

She was dressed in her pajamas from last night which included flannel pants and a tank top, with no bra may I add.

She wore her bed head so well. The flyaways framing her face were messy, but she still looked good. Always did.

She leans against the counter. "You made cookies?"

"No. I made pasta." I joke while walking towards her.

"Shut up." she scowls at me.

I laugh off the glare she gives me and throw my arms around her. "Happy birthday." I said into her hair.

"Thanks Hunter." She wraps her arms around me and doesn't pull away.

We stayed in the embrace for a couple more seconds than we had to but I don't think either one of us minded.

I've realized I liked having her around more. I mean, I've always liked having her around, but now I just wanted her to be here more frequently.

Maybe it's the sleep I'm getting. This past week I've been able to fall asleep in an instant. It was so easy now.

And I knew exactly why. She's stayed over a few times and we've taken naps and fallen asleep together.

It was nice to finally get some rest.

"So these are all mine?" she asks, pulling away.

"If you want them all, yeah." I shrug. "I mean, I did promise you cookies during Christmas so..."

She turns to me with a smile. "You remember that?"

I nod and reach for one of the cookies. "Here. Taste it, I wanna know how I did."

She breaks a piece off and I turn around to wash my hands. I don't hear anything from her.

Were they bad?

"I have a question," Drying my hands on a towel I turn around. "Do I have to share these?" she asks.

"Not if you don't want to." I shrug in response.

"Good," She walks towards me. "Because I'm not."

I smile, satisfied by her response. Brushing the flyaways out of her face I meet her eyes.

Immediately I saw her cheeks flush red. She's cute when she blushes.

And I like knowing I'm the one who gets her to do that.

She wraps her arms around my torso and buries her head into my chest. I laugh when I feel her nipples harden through my shirt.

"Are you cold?" I ask through a laugh.

"Mhm, but you're warm." she mumbled, tightening her arms and pulling me closer.

I run my hands over her shoulders, staying in the embrace.

"Why don't you take a sweatshirt from my room." I offer.

She tilts her head back and smiles at me.

"But not the blue one. That's my favorite." I add, but she's already walking away.

A few seconds later Cal walked into the kitchen and headed straight for the tray on the counter.

"Ooo, cookies–ow!"

I whack his hand away. "They're not for you."

He rubs his wrist and scowls at me. "Rude. You should've made extras."

I laugh and shake my head before Dani comes back in. She was wearing one of my many black hoodies and it was way too big on her.

"DANI!" Cal shouts too loud. Running over he picks her up in a hug. "Happy birthday!"

He lifts her high over his head and she holds onto his shoulders for support. I smile as I hear her laugh.

Their friendship was so pure. I didn't need to worry about him or any of the guys for that matter. I know they all have girlfriends but you'd be surprised about the minds of some other men.

It's kinda fucked up.

I checked the time on my phone and it was half past ten. I should really get going on this packing. We leave early tomorrow morning.

I left them in the kitchen and went into my room to pack. Tomorrow was the beginning of a very important week for the team.

Travel Week.

Basically it's a week on the road, traveling to other schools and playing them. But they weren't just any teams, they were teams we needed to beat to make it to the Frozen Four.

I took out my duffle bag and placed it on my bed before going to my closet. I grabbed mostly sweatshirts and sweatpants and tossed them onto my bed.

I heard my door open before Dani walked in and threw herself on my bed with a groan.

"I hate that you guys have to leave." she sighs.

"Yeah, well it's not like we have a choice do we?" I laugh, walking around the edge of the bed.

She sits up and helps me fold my clothes. "I just wish it didn't have to be tomorrow, you know."

I nod and grab another sweatshirt, folding it up before placing it in my bag. She hands me the one she had and I packed it as well.

We spent a few minutes talking about random things. I also told her that we were taking her out to dinner later.

It was some fancy Italian restaurant Bev had been to a few times. Vittorio's I think it was called. Sounded fancy and when I searched it up it looked fancy.

Which meant dressing up.

I've never been keen on trying to look good but if I had to wear something more formal, I would do it.

But I would really like to just go in sweatpants or something.

I folded up my last pair of pants and shoved them in the bag. Before I could zip it up Dani pushed me out of the way and laid over the bag.

"Why do you have to go?" she whined.

I laugh at her attempt to stop me from packing. "Dani, it's only a week."

"Exactly! A week. 7 days and a fuck ton of hours that I don't get to see you!" she rushes.

Her words kind of stunned me. The reason she didn't want me to leave is because she won't be able to see, me?

Maybe I was thinking too much into it, but nevertheless it was sweet.

"You're gonna miss me?" I ask walking back to the bag.

She doesn't give me an answer as I try to pull her off. She struggles to stay put but I'm eventually able to pull her away.

"I'll have no one to hang out with!" she blurts out an obvious lie.

"You know that's not true. Bev, Allie, Raven, and Addie will all be knocking on your door in the morning." I joke.

"But..."

"But what?" I press her.

She sits down at the edge of the bed and I stand in front of her.

"It's not the same!" she admits and drops her head.

I raise a brow at her answer. It's not the same? What–ohhh.

"You like hanging out with me don't you?" I ask with a smile.

By the way she starts fumbling with her fingers, I know I'm right.

Grinning, I decide to test my luck.

I place my hands on her shoulders which makes her head snap to mine.

"And you like it when I kiss you too, right?" I smirk.

Her face went beet red as I brushed her hair behind her shoulders.

I picked up the duffle and placed it on the floor as I climbed onto the bed.

I barely had time to lay down before she scrambled up next to me. I kinda laughed at how fast she did it.

"What are you doing to me?"

That's all she says before she smashes her lips onto mine. I don't waste any time kissing her back.

She's quick to crawl onto my lap and I have to place and arm down to support the weight of both of us.

What am I doing to her?

What is she doing to me?

The way her hands tangle in my hair always makes me feel so good.

I can't explain the way I feel when she kisses me. It's too much to put into words.

All I knew was I didn't want to stop.

She tilted her head and I swooped my tongue into her mouth.

I could taste the chocolate on her lips and it only made me want her more.

I pushed myself back to sit upright against the headboard. I then moved my arm to her waist.

When she pushed her hips down I groaned.

Woah. She's never done that before.

And that made me nervous.

It takes all my willpower to get her to stop. Squeezing her hips she pulls back, her chest heaving.

"What?" she breathes.

I push my hair back and sigh. "Dani...we can't."

Her lips tighten into a line and she frowns.

"Not now at least." I add to try and make it less awkward.

I mean we couldn't keep going. One reason being I had practice in half an hour and the other was because I was not going to rush this.

And I had to restrain myself from going any further than we already were.

And that was a lot of damn restraint.

She grips the sides of my face and pulls me inches away from hers.

Her breath runs over my lips as she speaks. "That's fine. But can I have one more?"

She bites down on her bottom lip and anticipation and I let out a breath.

I can't say no to that.

I tilt my head and smirk as her mouth lowers to mine. And we kissed again.

But this kiss felt different. It was slow and mellow. Not full of need and passion. Almost delicate.

And it felt real.

Not just some intense make-out session.

A real kiss.

And that brought clarity to my mind.

I didn't want to fake date Dani.

Fuck that.

I want to date her. For real.

But I couldn't ask her now. I was leaving tomorrow.

So I'll come clean to her when I get back. Because I don't want this whole thing to be about getting Ms. Stalker away from me.

I want this to be about me and her. Just the two of us.

I just hope she feels the same way I do.

Don't worry Hunter. The feelings mutual.

That's the good news. The bad news is that school starts this week so updates might get slower.

I'm so sorry in advance.

Thoughts??

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.3K 763 30
Seeing Jack again for the first time has done unfathomable things to Lyla's heart. They hadn't seen each other in years, and she thought she'd buried...
564K 14.2K 38
[MATURE] After a hate-filled one night stand, Evanna Hill is in shambles. With her perfect reputation and Rich parents' influence, she is shocked at...
367K 14.9K 38
FREE STORY. PAID BONUS CHAPTERS. ❝I always loved you, even when I pushed you away, but now I have a new mission.......i want to win you back.❞ From a...
77.5K 1.2K 50
When two rival hearts tangle themselves in one another, when push comes to shove and sacrifices have to be made, what will they choose? Lizzie Myers...