Royals of the South

By chapterbangtan

You were shock to know that you and your brother Sunoo was called from the palace. You were just sold as slav... More

Epilogue
Chapter 1: Freedom
Chapter 2: Royal Troublemaker
Chapter 3: Hide and Seek
Chapter 4: Lessons with His Majesty
Chapter 5: The Second Prince
Chapter 6: Trust
Chapter 7: Spy
Chapter 8: Enchanted
Chapter 9: Dinner
Chapter 10: Breakfast at the Courtyard
Chapter 11: Saved
Chapter 12: The Assassin
Chapter 13: The Art of Falling Inlove
Chapter 14: King of The North
Chapter 15: Visit
Chapter 16: Questions
Chapter 17: Final Answer
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 18: Marriage
Chapter 19: Sacrifice
Chapter 20: Absence
Chapter 21: Her
Chapter 22: Rumors
Chapter 23: Meeting Her
Chapter 24: Nightmare
Chapter 25: Offer of Marriage
Chapter 26: Chance
Chapter 27: Confession After Confession
Chapter 28: Sacrifice for the Kingdom
Chapter 29: Decisions
Chapter 30: The Trip
Chapter 32: Welves
Chapter 33: Captive
Chapter 34: Acceptance
Chapter 35: Engagement
Chapter 36: I Know Everything
Chapter 37: All of You
Chapter 38: Defeat
Chapter 39: Unwanted News
Chapter 40: Engagement
Chapter 41: The Heart Speaks
Chapter 42: Wedding
Chapter 43: Consummate
Chapter 43: First Day Royal
Chapter 44: The Council and Rosa
Chapter 45: Luff Village
Chapter 46: The Queen
Chapter 47: The North Kingdom

Chapter 31: Resigned Hearts

153 7 14
By chapterbangtan

~•×•~

It felt like you were being craddled and rocked. You don't remember when was the last time you were held like this. It felt so comforting. You sigh in content, snuggling into the soft pillow more. You expect to hear birds chirping but you hear

Hooves

Hooves hitting the ground

A familiar scent invades your nostrils when you exhaled deeper for air. A hand is supporting your face.

A hand

You shot your eyes wide and realize that your head is rested on a pillow on someone's lap.

That someone being Jungkook.

You sit up straight, startling him and hit your head in the window in the process.

What the actual hell!

Jungkook reaches for you and pulls you closer to him. Your body flush to his made your heart pound wildly.

"Stop hurting yourself," Jungkook speaks.

Your hand reaches to your head and rubs  it in attempt to lessen the growing pain. Jungkook didn't hesitate to reach for the same spot and rubs it for you instead.

"You might have a bump in here soon," he murmurs.

Your eyes watches his eyes as he looks at your head.

"Your highness, you do not have to pretend like you care," you say softly.

His eyes slowly meets yours and puts down his hand.

"You have a woman who's waiting for you back in the palace. We can't afford to hurt anyone," you painfully said.

Jungkook studies your face. For a moment he thought you were just joking but when his eyes met yours, he sees your orbs glisten.

Oh how badly he wants to hug you now.

Without hesitation, his hand slowly cups your face. His thumb carressing your cheek. His eyes bore into yours and he could feel his eyes starts to well up. He eyes your lips and then

Kisses you

Gently, his lips touched yours. Both of your eyes immediately closes in surrender. You go weak but his lips demands response hard. His minty breath enters your nose and you can taste it in his mouth.

His other hand pulls you by your hips and without you realizing, you start to respond to his kiss. Your lips dance in sync. It seems like you both were waiting for this moment and you both wanted this to happen so badly.

You start to get lost and dazed but you're running out of air.

And then Taehyung's face flashes your head.

You open your eyes and pushes Jungkook away.

The prince opens his eyes and searches your immediately. He mives closer to continue where you've ended. But before he could even come any closer, you speak.

"Stop your highness," your voice tremble.

Jungkook didn't let you go.

"Why? We both know we want this," Jungkook pleads.

"No, I only want this. Ella is there, Ella is here," you say pointing to his chest.

Jungkook holds your hand that just pointed to his chest and pulls it to his chest, your palm directly above his heart.

"Ella is not here, you are," he softly said.

There, he said it. Isn't that what you wanted to hear? But why does it sound wrong? Why does it sound so out of place?

"You do not say that after you just let me witness all those Jungkook," you retaliate.

Jungkook

You just said his name. But it hurt him. The way you said his name hurts him. He knew you were hurt yet he continued.

"I don't know if you know, but the way you ignored me, the way you didn't look my way, the days that passed when you chose not to speak to me doesn't correlate with what you just said. And it hurts more because I yearned for you, I've waited for you, I have fallen madly inlove with you but you chose anyone except me," your tears fall.

For the first time, you let him into your thoughts. For the first time, you showed him that you were hurt because of what he did.

Jungkook looks away. He hates seeing you cry. More so, it is because of him.

"I'm sorry," he apologizes.

You close your eyes shut. Your teeth butes down into your lower lip to try to stop it from trembling.

Royal duty

Jungkook reminds himself.

"The king needs you Y/n. I am loyal to the king," he confessess.

You look at him.

And you hate it because you understand what he's saying.

Royal duty

You repeat in your head.

But how you wish he wasn't this loyal. That he chooses you. That he refuses his brother's command.

But that's being selfish.

That's your heart being selfish for wanting what doesn't benefit others but yourself.

"I'm sorry," you whisper, only he can hear.

Jungkook looks at you. For some reason, he knew you understood what he said. For some reason, he knew that your feelings have resigned.

"If I'm needed by the king like how you see it, then I shall comply to what you said," you continue.

If he's willing to lose you, what's even the point in refusing the king? If you were just honest with yourself, you knew you were just waiting for Jungkook.

Now that he has made it clear to you, that his loyalty is stronger than his love for you, it is considered a game over.

"I will accept the king's proposal," you finish.

Jungkook looks at you. He is loyal to the king. He will always be. But seeing you break like this infront of him, he wishes he isn't.

He lifts your hand to his lips and kisses it. He lets his lips linger and pecks it a couple of times before placing his hand behind your head to guide you to be closer to him. Your head rests on his chest and you can hear his heart beating fast. Jungkook kisses the top of your head a couple of times.

You let him.

Because you know you need this too. Your arms wrap around his torso and you hug him in return. You two stayed like that. No one wanted to let go.

"You'll make a great queen Y/n," Jungkook says while his heart, starts to break into pieces.

•••

Unedited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 6.7K 71
Sunoo, a boy who gets bullied not only in school,even by his stepbrother Sunghoon who hates him like hell,gets protected by a Mafia Gang....but with...
7.3K 304 22
"I'm sorry to interrupt sir, but I'm not able to concentrate on your lecture" "Oh! Is that so Miss Kim? May you elaborate why though?" ...
5.9K 101 30
Park Jimin,a lovable and handsome boy next door with low self-confidence enters University life. Till now focused on getting good grades, having an i...
1.3M 62.1K 39
My heart ached when I saw him with the princess. She was his fiancée. The pain was unbearable. I knew all too well that I would never be in her posit...