SUPREMEO Vol. II: War Hawk

By ZodiaCaS

*SPOILER ALERT* the story picks up some time after the first volume of Supremeo. find it on my profile! . . ... More

Chapter I: Leader
Chapter III: Return To Edenn
Chapter IV: The Kingdom
Chapter V: War Hawk
Chapter VI: A Proposition
Chapter VII: Sun Crystals
Chapter VIII: The Next Step
Chapter IX: Head On
Chapter X: Allies
Chapter 10.2: Allies
Chapter XI: Inekium Mountain
Chapter XII: Rebirth
Chapter XIII: Family Reunion
Chapter XIV: The Queen's Guard
Chapter XV: Sons Of The Founder
Chapter XVI: The Matriarch
Chapter XVII: An Unexpected Savior
Chapter XVIII: Seventh Hour
Chapter XIX: Yin And Yang
Chapter XX: Strength
Chapter XXI: A Cold Day In Hell
Chapter XXII: Leaders Make The Tough Decisions
Chapter XXIII: An Army of Five
Chapter XXIV: Old School
Chapter XXV: The Calm Before The Storm
Chapter XXVI: The Legendary Hero and The Mad Soldier
Chapter XXVII: A New Legend Rises
Chapter XXVIII: Beyond The Grave
Chapter XXIX: Your Highness

Chapter II: Delivery

53 25 0
By ZodiaCaS

~PRESENT DAY~

Supremeo flies above a modern day city built from the ground up with Caine tech. A familiar voice rings in Supremeo's ear. It's Sylvia Caine she tells Supremeo, "There's a convoy of trucks blocking cargo meant for the people east of the city. We should handle this before you meet up with Zach."

Supremeo replies, "East of the city? The cargo we loaded was nothing but food and clothes for those civilians why would they want that?" Sylvia answers saying, "Right? The pirate's food supply has never been a problem for them. I've heard from Ryan they're supposed to be avid hunters right?"

The answer to Sylvia's question hits Supremeo instantly. He says, "The workers!" Sylvia replies, "What?" Supremeo explains further, "Who are the workers delivering the cargo? Are they soldiers or regular workers!?"

Sylvia tells Supremeo, "We sent out a handful of workers with 1 soldier. It's Ryan. Where are you getting at?" Supremeo explains to Sylvia, "I know it's standard procedure to equip our workers with tech to protect them and others from thieves and pirates. These guys could be trying to rob our workers of their tech and the cargo is just a bonus. If Ryan is the only soldier they're with we could be in trouble!"

Sylvia tells Supremeo, "Ryan is more than capable of dealing with the pirates. There are only a few individuals I'd have concern for if Ryan was facing them. And common pirate grunts aren't that.

Supremeo says, "Well let's hope those individuals don't make an appearance."

Supremeo ignites the rockets in his boots to get to the intended destination as fast as he can to meet with Ryan and the delivery crew.

~A few hundred miles from Supremeo~

Ryan leads a convoy of drivers to deliver a supply of goods to a neighboring town. He's currently motionless with a scowl on his face as he sees a convoy of trucks blocking the safest pathway for him and his men to deliver the goods.

Ryan tells the men and women behind him, "Stay here." Ryan taps a device attached to his ears and metal begins to extend to his jaw and behind his head then as the metal expands to the top of his head a visor closes down and an intense green glows through the lenses of Ryan's helmet.

Ryan steps out of his vehicle to check the scene out himself. The workers inside are visibly scared. They ask, "Is this guy insane!? What does he think he's doing?! He's just gonna confront them by himself??"

Another worker replies, "Calm down I think he knows what he's doing. After all, he was found and trained by Victor right?" A third worker replies, "And look at where Victor's at now! He's been off the grid for close to 2 years now, and Sylvia insists he's just missing! I know Victor's survived countless dangerous missions to build us a safe heaven that mirrors the old days but facts are facts. Time hasn't been kind to our old heroes Bernard Sullivan is dead. So are Diana and Elias Caine, Victor is 'Missing' and we're stuck with truck loads of food, clothes, and tech to protect a city of 5,000. If you ask me, if we aren't gonna help this guy we should at least run so we could live another day."

A voice rings through the comms attached to the worker's earpieces it's Ryan's voice. In a very authoritative tone he says, "NO! Do not step outside! Good chance they're scouting the vehicles. I don't need a hostage situation on my hands. We're better off sticking together and protecting the cargo."

The workers look toward their co-worker who contemplated running. He swallows the lump in his throat and loads a hi-tech rifle then says, "Okay screw it! I'll fight!"

~Outside the cargo trucks~

Ryan scans the trucks blocking the pathway. To his surprise they're empty. He looks around and tells himself, "What the hell? It's empty. Where could they be at??"

As Ryan looks beyond the trucks blocking his way he turns on heat sensors built into his helmet. As he scans the area his eyes see no signs of anyone hiding leaving him more confused. Until he notices movement from a distance.

To Ryan's surprise, a figure reveals himself under a heat signature hiding cloak and pulls out a large weapon. Ryan now surprised says, "Oh Sh#t!? It's a rocket launcher!!"

Before Ryan could act correctly and get away from the rocket the trucks blocking the path get blown to pieces knocking Ryan yards away from the workers and their cargo.

As Ryan is knocked down more figures reveal themselves under heat signature hiding cloaks. The workers instantly defend themselves by shooting at the attacking pirates.

Ryan sees the pirates approaching the cargo in clusters of groups. He tries to get up as quickly as he can.

Still wobbly from the earlier surprise attack, it's hard for him to stand straight. As Ryan gets back on his feet. He sees the pirate who shot the rocket from the same distance, but this time fully revealed. Ryan's eyes widen as if he recognizes this pirate. The pirate smirks and then shoots off another rocket toward Ryan.

Ryan grimaces as he's still not fully recovered from the attack earlier. He tries to move but deep down inside he knows it won't be quick enough to dodge all of the attack so Ryan braces for impact. Until out of nowhere Supremeo appears. Supremeo catches the rocket and flings it into the sky as if it were nothing. The rocket blows up and leaves the pirate who shot it dumbfounded.

Supremeo lands next to Ryan and says, "You okay buddy?" Ryan says, "Yeah I just needed more than 30 seconds to recover." Supremeo tells Ryan, "I'll go after Mr. Rocket launcher."

Before Supremeo can head his way Ryan grabs him by the shoulder and tells him, "Wait! Leave him for me! You'd be better helping protect the cargo." Supremeo nods and makes his way toward the cargo trucks while Ryan goes toward the pirate who shot the rocket launcher at him.

~Near the cargo truck~

Fearful of their lives the workers shoot the pirates 1 by 1. Some pirates are hit while the more skillful ones manage to block the lasers from the worker's guns with shields that they are carrying. One worker screams, "There's too much! How many more cartridges of ammo do we have left?" Another replies, "We only have 10 left!" A worker replies, "Sh#t! Let's make every shot count then!"

While the workers reload their rifles they hear gunshots from the outside of the cargo trucks. The gunshots are followed by screams of pain from the pirates. One worker tells his co-worker, "Wait...Hold on. Something's outside."

The workers peer outside a window of the truck and see Supremeo from behind picking off the pirate attackers one by one. A worker says, "That's Sylvia's droid!" Another worker asks, "What's its name? Superio, Supremeeoh?"

Supremeo then communicates with the workers from the truck's comms and tells them, "Names Supremeo, don't worry guys. I'll be done here shortly."

The workers peer outside the window again and one mentions, "Damn droids. I'd rather finish this fight myself than accept help from a droid." A worker beside him then replies in an angry tone, "Oh hush! Enough of that hateful bullcrap! We were literally down to our last handful of ammo. The droids did set us back during the war, they were under human command! Get that through your thick skull or grab the last stack of ammo cartridges and get outside and prove you don't need Supremeo's help!" As she says her piece the worker just stares at her and then continues to watch Supremeo fight. She says to finish her statement, "Yea...That's what I thought."

Back to Ryan's whereabouts

Ryan runs up a hill. As he makes his way toward the shooter he encounters many jagged obstacles making him trip and lose his footing.

Ryan tells himself, "He's smart to pick this as his place for cover. He knew I'd want to talk it out first."

Ryan takes another step forward and encounters a bear trap. Luckily for him, his armor doesn't do any damage to his leg. The armor however still takes much of the damage ruining his ability to fly through the armor. As Ryan checks his leg armor out he hears the voice of the one who shot the rocket launcher. He mocks Ryan saying, "The prodigal son falls for a simple trap hidden under grass? What were they teaching you over there Ryan!?"

Ryan replies to his foe saying, "Erik! Stop this! I told you anything you need I'd help you!"

Erik responds by saying, "You always thought you were better than me!" Erik begins to load another rocket into the launcher.

As Ryan sees this he rushes to his leg with the bear trap and takes it off. He begins to fly toward Erik but in an erratic manner since the trap mangled the jet on his other boot.

As Erik loads the rocket Ryan meets face to face with his foe. He lands a brutal blow to Erik's jaw.

Erik tackles Ryan and delivers a series of blows to his face. Ryan Rolls over giving himself an advantage for an attack and lands a brutal headbutt on his foe.

Erik is immediately groggy from the blow. Ryan sees this and says, "Are we done now!?" Erik scowls and says, "Screw you!" Then spits blood on his face.

Ryan wipes the blood and spit off his face. Then with a look of disgust, he pummels Erik with another two punches. Then gets off his opponent and tells him, "Get up! GET UP!"

Erik does that and with blood covering his face delivers an evil grin. Ryan tells Erik, "I don't wanna fight you..." Erik wipes the blood off his face looks at it then says, "Well the blood on my face says different brother."

Erik continues to tell Ryan, "You abandoned your duties after our father was killed only to side with his enemies. How dare you think I'm going to listen to you!"

Ryan tells his brother, "Erik, father's ways were too extreme..."

Before Ryan can finish his statement to his brother he says, "And what about YOUR ways huh? I see that Super Droid's helping you take down my men. What are you gonna do with them once this fight is done huh?"

Ryan unclenches his fist and softens his stare then tells his brother, "They'll still have to answer for what they did. And maybe in time, they can rebuild just like all of us are doing."

Erik shows a look of disgust on his face then lets out a sigh and laughs then tells Ryan, "It doesn't matter. There are always people out there who'll oppose whatever crock Dominic, Elias, and Victor spewed to you."

Erik taps a button on his wrist. As he does this orange smoke begins to pour out his armor heavily. A helmet forms over Erik's head and he leaves his brother with these last words. He tells him, "Ryan! I hope you have a filtration system for your helmet. This isn't just smoke for me to make my escape! This smoke, if inhaled can suffocate anything within its distance. See you later my brother!" Ryan hurries and activates his helmet. As he does this Erik makes a run toward the heat signature hiding cloak and drapes it over himself.

Ryan frantically scans the area but his helmet is unable to pick up Erik's whereabouts. Ryan tells himself, "Da#n it Erik, why does it have to be like this!?"

Ryan hears the sound of loud jets in the sky and looks up. He sees Supremeo flying above him.

Supremeo lands next to Ryan then he inhales as hard as he can. Supremeo consumes all the orange smoke he swallows it next and it's followed by a burp. Supremeo tells himself and Ryan, "Wow that was a little spicy."

Supremeo looks to Ryan and asks, "So that was your brother?" Ryan replies, "Yeah.." Ryan then tells Supremeo, "I've never seen that technique before."

He tells Ryan, "Yeah? Like it? It could come in handy for anyone wanting to use chemicals in a fight."

Supremeo then tells Ryan, "Hey, I've gotten a hold of all your brother's men. I wanted to ask if you don't mind me finishing the delivery. Then you and these workers wait for Sylvia and Sarah so they can pick up all your brother's men for questioning." Ryan says, "Uhh sure. If you don't mind me asking why the interest in finishing this delivery?" Supremeo says, "It's not the delivery. On my way here I've got some information on the whereabouts of Victor from Zachary and Diwata and for some reason they lead to Edenn."

Ryan quickly shows a look of concern on his face and says, "What!? I could help! As soon as Sarah has these guys booked I'll..."

Supremeo interrupts Ryan telling him, "No man I'll be fine. Your help would be better right here helping Sylvia contain the situation with the pirate factions.

Ryan agrees and says, "You're right. But I insist as soon as I'm free I'll head towards there as well."

Supremeo nods and realizes that Victor is like a father to Ryan and says, "Alright then! I'll see you later!"

Supremeo launches himself in the air and lands right next to the workers unintentionally scaring them. He gives the workers a wave and then tells them, "Jobs over guys. Ryan's letting me take over." A worker says, "Uhh okay?." Supremeo walks over to the trucks the workers were in and to their surprise Supremeo lifts them from the rear bumper drops the back of the trucks to his palms and slides the trucks on top of his arms until his palms are in the middle. Supremeo lifts both of the enormous vehicles over his shoulder and then launches himself in the air. Supremeo flies by Ryan one more time and tells him, "I'll have a handful of aiutu units to help disperse the cargo evenly and pick up the vehicles once they're done."

Ryan nods to Supremeo and says, "Okay." Supremeo then tells Ryan, "Okay see you in Edenn soon." Supremeo launches off into the distance.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164 94 12
Enzo Ivanov has lived an interesting life. For years he was on the run from a man known as The Armorer, who wished to kill him and his mother. The Ar...
25K 1.1K 33
In 2048, the United States was moving toward a second frontier era, a second Manifest Destiny across the solar system. Then, one day, thanks to a str...
827 155 21
Aren't you ever tired of the same old super hero story? The hero is cool looking with bulging muscles, and always wins. Like, always. Even if the sit...
10.5K 6.5K 35
During the aftermath of the 100 year war. Which led to the planet's armed forces toppling its monarch. Elias Caine, the worlds smartest man and great...