𝚂𝚎𝚎 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚂𝚎𝚛�...

By Benzita13

ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴏɴᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ sᴇʀɪᴇs(sᴛs) "𝑈𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑙 𝑤𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑓𝑢𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑓𝑟𝑒𝑒, 𝑤𝑒 𝑝𝑢𝑡 𝑢𝑝 �... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
CAST
°1°
°2°
°3°
°4°
°5°
°6°
°7°
°8°
°9°
°11°
°12°
°13°
°14°
°15°
°16°
°17°
°18°
°19°
°20°
°21°
°22°
°23°
°24°
°25°
°26°
°27°
°28°
°29°
°30°
°31°
°32°
°33°
°34°
°35°
°36°
°37°
°38°
°39°
°40°
°41°
°42°
°43°
°44 A°
°44 B°
°45°
°46°
°47°
°48°
°49°
°50°

°10°

246 52 7
By Benzita13

° ° ° ° ° °
AIDAN:
° ° ° ° ° °
I sat on one end of the wide dining table alone in the large but empty dining room, with a spoon put into a bowl of oatmeal cereal. I scooped some oatmeal and lazily brought it up to my mouth, I parted my lips and put the content in.

This, I did until the bowl was empty.

I sighed and picked up my phone just as it began to ring. I picked the call and brought the phone up to my ear.

"Good morning Sir." I greeted.

"Morning Son. I just wanted to check up on you. How are you doing?" He asked.

For a moment I didn't speak. Not because I  didn't want to but because his reason for calling suprised me.

When had Dad ever had the time to 'check up on me'.

"I'm fine Sir." I said.

"Of course you are. Hope their feeding you well? I don't want to see you lean when I get back.. like last time." He said and I rolled my eyes.

I was lean for a different reason.

"They're feeding me well." I said. "Dad, I wanted to tell you, by the way. My friends and I are—"

"Okay, bye. Son, I have to go now. We'll talk later." He said and cut the call.

I sighed in frustration and dropped the phone back on the dining table, leaning back on the chair I sat.

I shouldn't have bothered picking the call in the first place. I should've known better.

When my Dad, also know as Jordan Wilson, a billionaire who owns the third largest company in all of Africa was too busy growing his business empire, going on numerous business trips, getting invited to exclusive interviews and the likes, there was hardly ever time to remember he has a son.

A young lady, probably in her late teens or early twenties who goes by the name, Martha walked into the dining room and took the bowl I had eaten breakfast with, then, began to leave, but not before not so casually brushing her ass on my face with a smirk playing on her lips.

I glared at her as she cat-walked out of the room.

My phone buzzed beside me and I was quick to pick it.

"Yo!" Came a voice at the other end of the line. "Aidan, don't forget our match today. It's eleven already. It's gonna start soon."

I groaned loudly as I stood up from the dining chair.

Why wasn't I happy to play the match with my friends?

Oh yes, I wasn't in support of it taking place so early!

"Bro, you there?" Ayomide asked.

"Yeah. I'll be there soon." I told him, and he cut the call.

I puffed and walked out of the dining room, walked through our unnecessarily large living room and up the staircase.

Two workers were at the two ends of the hallway, both doing the same chore of cleaning the floors. I greeted both as they were obviously older than I was, and stepped into my bedroom.

I took my clothes off and changed into my tracksuit. Then, grabbed two bottles of water from my table and tossed it into a bag.

In search of a third one, I searched the desk but didn't find it. So, I decided to search the chest of drawers instead.

I slid a drawer out and luckily for me, the bottle of water laid there on top of a pile of plain paper.

Along with a little framed photo.

I reached for the bottle as I reminded myself for the umpteenth time that I was never going to look at that photo again. And why I had still left it in my drawer, I had no idea.

I shifted my gaze away from the photo frame laying beside the bottle and decided to pick the bottle instead. A simple thing to do.

But I found myself being compelled to pick up the little framed photo, as usual. I released a deep sigh on seeing the people in the photo, the memory it held and the emotion it communicated.

My lips formed into a watery smile as I just stared at the photo. My smile dropped and a sudden rush of anger filled me.

I walked towards my desk and picked up the knife laying on it, then, put all the anger I felt, on the sharp cut I created from my wrist to my elbow.

I let out a hiss at the cut's sting as blood gushed out immediately.

No matter how hard I tried, I could never just get over this. And the cut, I totally deserved.

I picked up the bottle of water from the drawer, tossed it into my bag and dropped the framed photo back in the drawer.

Then, I walked out of my room.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
I stepped into the field to see Ayomide, Samuel and another guy playing football already.

I dropped my bag by a log at a corner of the field and jogged towards Samuel and the rest.

"Yo, guys!" I yelled, waving my hands in the air, a gesture I thought could gain their attention.

It did. They paused their play and turned their heads to my direction. Samuel began to walk towards me as Ayomide stood with the other guy.

"Bro, take a look at the time. It's past 1:00 PM." He frowned.

"My house was quiet far from here. What did you expect." I replied and began to walk towards the goal net when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I turned my head to see Ayomide standing behind me and the other guy beside him withe rest of our team members moving randomly around the field. And when I moved my gaze to the guy, his face looked oddly familiar. I had seen him somewhere, that - I was sure of.

"Aidan, this is my friend, Ifeoluwa." Ayomide introduced, then turning to the Ifeoluwa, he said. "Ifeoluwa, this is Aidan."

Oh yes. How could I forget, he was the girl's brother. The girl I had apparently never taken note of her name.

He furrowed his brows and looked behind him, then, back to me.

"What's up, Ifeoluwa." I smiled and put an arm over him.

"Yeah, we're not in good terms." He said and my eyes widened in amusement.

Who knew a photo could attract enemies.

"I guess we'll have to play on opposing teams then." I smirked and began to jog to the goal net when a hand gripped me on my shoulder.

"Aidan, what's this? There's dried blood on your lower arm." Samuel frowned.

I brought my gaze down to my arm and realization hit me.

I pulled my arm away from him immediately. "I was in such a rush coming here, I scratched my arm on the wall. I didn't even know it had caused an injury"

He continued to stare at the dried blood and nodded his head slowly. "You should probably wash this off then."

I nodded in reply and jogged to the log I left my bag, then brought out a bottle of water and washed the blood stains of my arm.

Then, I walked back to the field and soon, the game began.

About two hours later, we ended our game with our score being a tie. I jogged towards the log I had left my bag as I panted heavily. Then, I unzipped it and took out my last bottle of water.

I gulped down it's content and tossed the bottle to a side when I was done. Then, I sat down on the log to rest.

Some people had decided to leave early, while some walked around the field aimlessly.

Samuel sauntered towards me with a smile and sat beside me. "Guy, your water. I'm thirsty." He said.

"It's somewhere near the walls of the field. You can go and search for it." I smirked.

He rolled his eyes. "In other words, you tossed it somewhere. I'm sure you've drank the water."

I smiled. "That was a though game. Ifeoluwa was a really good player."

Samuel nodded his head. "Probably why Ayomide insisted he play with us."

"He can't be a better player than me though." I grinned.

Samuel turned to me and playfully slapped me on the head. "Boy, stop hyping yourself."

I chuckled. "Unfortunately, I won't stop until I see the downside of it."

"Don't touch me!"

Came a loud exclamation and I and Samuel turned our heads in curiousity.

I immediately spotted Ifeoluwa on the far end of the field as he ran after a girl storming out of the football field.

I shook my head and chuckled. "Seems like the guy's provoked his girlfriend."

"That's not his girlfriend." I heard Samuel say and I turned my head to see him squinting his eyes as if that would help him see them properly. "It's his sister."

I raised a brow at him and turned to them again but they were no longer in sight.

"What's her name, by the way." I asked, and Samuel turned to me as he stared at me in shock.

"Really dude? You go to music classes with her, and you guys just so happened to be music partners yet you still don't know her name?" He asked and I shrugged.

"I never thought to ask. It never really mattered at the time." I said. Samuel shook his head but said nothing more.

I couldn't help but wonder what all that was all about.

Wasn't Ifeoluwa the one saying we weren't in good terms because I kept teasing his sister of the picture in my phone?

She was mad at him because she felt he was the reason I had the picture, wasn't she?

A deep frown marred the smile on my lips.

------------------------------------------------

Yooooo!

I know, I know. It was short.

I'm starting to feel lazy these days. I'm thinking of taking like two weeks break from writing. What do you guys think?

I wonder what Aidan saw in the framed photo to have made him give himself a cut.

And, is Tammy still mad at Ifeoluwa because of what happened in the previous chapter, or is it something else?

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Oh, I've been wanting to tell you guys this but I keep forgetting. My characters are humans too, and so they're not always right. Not everything they say or think or do is right and not everything they say, think or do is wrong. You get?

Plus, don't expect to find out everything in a person's POV. The characters would only show you what they want you to know(not like they're aware that you guys know them😁😁) there are just things that aren't so easy for them to let out or even have a thought of.

That'd be all. Peace✌️
Benzita13 ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.5K 8.8K 33
A simple orphaned school teacher with a heart of gold meets a strange and helpless woman who has lost all memories of who she was. He takes her home...
5K 1.2K 12
FEATURED in @AmbassadorsNG reading list Kamharida heard the unfortunate news and smirked but when she realizes she's the only one who could see the b...
21.9K 454 9
❝𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝 .❞ ❙❘❙❘❘❙❘❙❙❘❙❘❚❙❘❙❘❘❙❘❙❙❘❙❘❚ Nxnmsaoksmapksksk don't read this cuz reasons. Rea...
44.9K 4.2K 59
Everyone deserves to live a life they aren't trying to escape. *It gets better as you read on. This is my first book, so be gentle on me 😉 *There wi...