[[ On Hiatus ]]'I found you...

By actuallyabiscuit0602

Everyone is born with a red string attached to their finger that links them to their soulmate once you meet i... More

Authors Note
Longing and Learning
F*@k you Monday
This is why I don't socialise.
This is why I'm failing physics
It looks like everything is going all right. For 5 minutes.
History of the soulmate string.
I just had to prove something, didn't I.
I just hit a celebrity with my car (NOT CLICKBAIT)
Hallelujah, my ass
' Lunch time! '
Ghosty powers.
' Just a friend? '
Hey meet this old dude I know.
Holding in my fangirling is pretty hard...
A new friend
Just a dream
Dress shopping
Faith
Of course things dont go to plan
!!The date!!
Is my boyfriend a ninja?
Is it really a break if I'm stressed?
Denial is one hell of a drug.
Merry Christmas!!
2 Year Anniversary
Pretending to be normal kids.
The moment my world froze.
Power move: No skill needed, Just be amused by confusion.
I should've stayed in bed.
Lord and Boy
I lose my temper... again.
All this learnin' is making me dizzy.
Discount winter wonderland
One minor inconvenience away from a nervous breakdown.
What R'you doing in me swamp?
How many times are we going to get tricked by an emo ghost?
Funny story (Was almost eaten by giant squid)
I am running on spite and fury
Maybe we're not so normal, but this is as close as it's getting.
Please don't curse me evil ghost guy, I want to be in the sequel!
That was a lot easier than I expected.
The small children are annoying.
Three year anniversary!!!
I may need anger management classes
Can we just have one moment of peace, please?

T is for Trauma

298 16 8
By actuallyabiscuit0602

~~~*~~~
And if you have five seconds to spare
Let me tell you the story of my life
16, clumsy and shy
~~~*~~~

Their week of exams crawled along to an end, and it was the weekend again. Crime-wise, Ninjago had been quiet- the services of the Ninja unnecessary. Though no one would utter the word "quiet" for fear of jinxing themselves, they needed the break.

Lloyd's birthday was just a day away, and the Ninja sprung into action- following [Y/n] pleading with them to help.

She distracted Lloyd, taking him to random places in the city, and asking him to show her places. While she did this, the Ninja and Misako decorated the Monastery for Sunday. After some debate, they decided that this would be Lloyd's 16th birthday, jokingly calling it his sweet sixteen.

Lloyd and [Y/n] drove around the city, stopping off at random locations and sightseeing in their home city.

"Lloyd! Pull over!"

He let out a scream, "Why? Oh my god, did I run over a squirrel?"

"No? Look, a Lego store! I wanna go in!"

"You gave me a heart attack because you saw a Lego store?"

"Yeah! I want to make myself. You can make three little guys for like a fiver. I can make you, me and Olly!"

"Yeah... That is a good reason to give me a heart attack." Lloyd parked on the side of the road and they went in, Lloyd's hood pulled up to avoid glares from the people inside.

[Y/n] stood amongst a crowd of young children, taking her time to make the best Lego people in the world. Lloyd was surprisingly easy to make, it was almost as if he was already a Lego character.

Lloyd watched over her, smiling to himself. [Y/n] was taking a while so he started wandering around the shop, his eyes analysing the Ninja-themed Legos. His small smile was replaced with a large smirk as he picked up a new set, the advertisement underneath read: Build and play with the latest addition to our beloved saviours of Ninjago! The Purple Ninja working beside the Green Ninja to keep our city safe!

Lloyd quickly bought the small set, hiding it in his pocket. [Y/n] showed her creations with pride, before paying for them practically buzzing with joy.

They returned to Lloyd's car, their next destination already in [Y/n]'s head. Nya had messaged her during her Lego-creating process, telling her that they were ready at the monastery.

"Hey Lloyd, let's go to your uncles monastery." [Y/n] said as she buckled her seatbelt.

"Which one?" He asked, the engine rumbling to life as he turned the key.

"The desert one, I need to get my steps in."

Lloyd chuckled, "Okay, the jungle is closer though."

"I want to drive through the desert and pretend I'm in an indie movie."

"You've convinced me," He reached into his pocket and pulled out the Lego set he bought, "Look at what I got."

"Oh my god! It's us!" [Y/n] stared at the box in awe, "That is so cool!"

They drove out of the city, the tarmac roads replaced with sand-covered dirt. Skyscrapers and tall apartment complexes grew small on the horizon, the sun shimmering on the thousands of windows.

The heavy, bustling traffic of the city faded into open roads and cacti waving from the distance. Their windows were rolled down, the warm breeze filling the car.

"Do we even have enough fuel to get there?" [Y/n] asked, her hands working busily to assemble the Lego set that Lloyd bought.

"We should, I filled the tank before I picked you up." Lloyd answered, taking his eyes off the quiet road to admire [Y/n]'s handiwork.

"Might I say, that was such a gentlemanly thing. Picking me up from my apartment so I didn't have to walk. Lloyd Garmadon, you have my full heart."

"If I'd known it'd be that easy to win you over, I would've ignored my uncle and asked for your address via morse code."

[Y/n] giggled, trying to ignore the twinge of guilt she still felt about their first meeting. It was easier to see in retrospect that Olly's accident had nothing to do with Lloyd, it was everything to do with Lois and her terrible actions. [Y/n] had gotten so used to blaming her sadness on Lloyd and the hurt she felt when their communication ended, that she'd forgotten that other things could make her upset.

"I would have rode over to your house on my little tricycle and let you hop on the back while we rode around the village." Lloyd continued, staring through the windshield.

"I wonder what our lives would have been like if we had met back then..." [Y/n] mumbled, setting the finished Lego set on the dashboard.

"We'd probably have a lot more Lego sets." Lloyd stated.

[Y/n]'s lips turned up into a smile, "Yeah, probably."

The Monastery of Spinjitzu appeared on the horizon, the small mountain looming over them seemingly increasing as they grew near, as did [Y/n] excitement over the party.

Lloyd parked the car at the foot of the mountain, the thousands of steps awaiting. They stepped out of the car, [Y/n]'s pockets filled with their Lego creations.

Dry desert air filling her lungs, [Y/n]'s determination to climb the mountain dwindled.

"I know I said I wanted to get my steps in, but-"

"Say no more." Lloyd smiled, the green energy dragon already being conjured.

"You know me so well, Blondie."

"Don't I just."

The elemental dragon welcomed its two passengers, delivering them to their destination before dispersing back into the air.

Lloyd and [Y/n] entered the courtyard, void of training equipment.

"It's oddly quiet, we might be the only ones here." Lloyd muttered, rare teenage thoughts making their way into his brain.

"Heh, maybe..." [Y/n] mumbled her ability to keep the surprise from him at the breaking point.

Lloyd moved to the front door, a knowing smile on his face. He had heard the excited whispers from his friends and family, as they planned their surprise attack on him. Lloyd liked surprises, despite his super-hearing ruining them most of the time, and he appreciated how much hard work they'd all put into celebrating his birthday.

He concealed the excitement he felt, pushing the large red doors open. The Ninja force sprung out from various hiding locations, "Surprise!"

Misako ran up to her son, pulling him into a strong embrace. Lloyd ignored the playful mocking coming from his friends, letting Misako hug him for as long as she wanted.

She eventually let go of her son, allowing the party they'd spent hours preparing to begin. While planning Lloyd's birthday in her spare time, usually by daydreaming during her midterms, [Y/n] had created a list of Lloyd's favourite things. Including but not limited to, videogames, comics, Spider-Man, telling colossally corny jokes, and of course, the colour green.

Wanting to make his first birthday in a long while something he'd remember for years to come, she'd attempted to incorporate all of the things on her list. Cole had obviously been in charge of the personalised playlist, choosing songs that everyone would like while also making sure they embodied Lloyd's personality or resonated with his experiences.

Presents were given to him, and his appreciative yet extremely enthusiastic responses melted [Y/n]'s heart each time. Misako and Zane had cooked an amazing meal, one that everyone ate without complaint, after which the group of teens trailed into the gaming room. Borderline aggressive gaming tournaments paired with obnoxious singing and loud, cheerful conversations ensued- lasting for seemingly endless hours before trailing off.

Night had fallen, the abandoned start screen casting a colourful glow onto the darkened monastery walls. Everyone was succumbing to sleep, laying on random pieces of furniture, soft snores filling the air.

"[Y/n]?" Lloyd's tired whisper cut across the room, "Are you still awake?"

A quiet mumble came from the couch, the thin blanket rustling as she turned over, "M'yeah... barely."

"Thanks for... surprising me with this party," Lloyd yawned, "I had- It was fun, best birthday ever. And I'm not just saying that because I don't remember any other birthday I've had."

He chuckled sleepily to himself, repositioning himself on the carpet, smooshing his head into a discarded cushion.

"I'm glad you liked it... I'll do even better next year..." [Y/n] mumbled.

***

"When can I open my eyes?" Lloyd asked [Y/n], who was dragging him into the jungle by his arm.

"In a minute, we're almost there."

The sunlight danced along the jungle floor, sneaking through gaps in the tree canopy. It was a warm afternoon, and the smell of greenery filled their noses. Distantly, Lloyd could hear the creek back at the monastery trickling on as it always did, along with the other ambience that their surroundings offered.

The moment was happy, welcoming... ordinary. Lloyd's possession was now a thing of the past, that darkness had been vanquished. Morro was back where he belonged, the departed realm.

When Morro had taken over his body, Lloyd had been able to catch glimpses of what the departed realm was like. Not only could he see the nightmarish place, but he could smell it, hear it, taste it almost. It smelt like death, Lloyd hadn't been exposed to that specific smell before but he had just known that it was what he was smelling. His ears had been filled with the screams of tortured souls and the laughter of those torturing. The air around him in the dream-like state tasted stagnant, still, dead.

With his eyes still closed, he continued on. Trying desperately not to fall back into those memories, that place. The scent of the jungle slowly began to be replaced with the smell of death, and all ambient sounds of the jungle dissolved.

"[Y-Y/n]?" He no longer felt her grip on his arm.

Gingerly, Lloyd opened his eyes. He was fearful that once he did, the departed realm would surround him. That he would be the next tortured soul.

[Y/n] stood before him, with a face that didn't look her own. A sick, cruel impression of his beloved soulmate. Her arms were crossed, her eyebrows raised. A glare of disbelief shot his way.

"How could you ever expect me to love a boy like you?" She spat the question at him.

"What- What is going on? [Y-"

"You're a monster. A killer. I was only pretending to love you."

Lloyd backed away from the impersonation, crashing into a tree, "No. This is- This isn't real... [Y-Y/n] would never-"

"That's what you think?" She laughed, loud and maniacally, a reminder of everyone else in his life. Laughing at him. Darkleys, Ninjago High, everywhere else. It didn't matter where he went, Lloyd was hated everywhere, by everyone. Even his own soulmate...

Lloyd sunk down the tree, his hands pressed against his ears. His chin rested on his knees, "St-Stop laughing!"

She didn't. Her laughter increased in volume, doubling over itself. A cacophony, following a joke that he didn't understand, deafening to Lloyd's heightened sense of hearing.

***

[Y/n] awoke to the sound of thrashing blankets, followed by a low wail. She looked over from where she lay, over to Lloyd. He was sleeping, but not soundly. Moonlight illuminated the room, revealing tears glistening on his cheeks.

"Lloyd?" Her voice was quiet in the darkened room, she reached over and gently wiped his face.

Lloyd's disturbed sleep was unbothered by [Y/n]'s timid voice, and a choked cry escaped from his mouth as he continued to move in his sleep.

"Lloyd?" She repeated, louder this time full of apprehension.

[Y/n]'s voice broke his sleep and Lloyd sat up suddenly. He backed away from her, shuffling across the floor on his hands. His cries were louder now that he was awake.

"Why? Why would you say that?" He sobbed, his eyes glowing a watery red, frightened and fearful. Like a child.

Despite the balloons littering the room having the number sixteen on them, Lloyd had only just turned thirteen. He was a child, a child who had been thrust into his teenage years. A tired, traumatised child.

"Lloyd, it was just a dream. You're okay, everything is okay." [Y/n] raised her hands in front of her, attempting to calm him down.

He tentatively looked around, he wasn't in the jungle backed against a tree. He was in his uncle's monastery, atop a small mountain. Balloons and birthday banners cluttered the gaming room, and a lingering smell of burnt wax and smoke filled the air. It was March 20th, Lloyd's birthday.

His breathing slowed as he took in this information, and [Y/n] scooted closer to him. Her hands made their way around Lloyd's trembling body, one began stroking his hair comfortingly.

She shushed him, similarly to how Lloyd's mother had done to her that one day in the Bounty's laundry room. After a while, she spoke in a calm voice, "Do you want to tell me what happened?"

"In my dream... You said- You said that I was a m-monster." He hiccuped through his remaining tears, [Y/n] noticed that small fangs had replaced his canines causing a slight lisp to his speech.

"I would never, ever, call you that." She responded in a stern, but soft voice.

Lloyd melted into her arms, still exhausted from the past two weeks. He thought he had been ready for a celebration of his birthday, but it had just tired him further. He was glad though, glad that it was all over. Morro was gone, and [Y/n] was back by his side- currently playing with his hair.

"Should we go to bed?" [Y/n] asked after a moment of silence.

Lloyd nodded tiredly, and they exited the room hand-in-hand. They were as quiet as possible so as to not wake the other ninja who had also fallen asleep in the room. Lloyd knew it wouldn't have mattered if they had left the room playing the trombone, his team could sleep through anything following a long mission. However, he liked the normalcy that came with sneaking around at night.

Lloyd yearned to be normal, it's why he had begged to join high school despite his uncle's disapproval. He looked at [Y/n] with a tired grin, through his attempt at being a normal high schooler he had met the girl of his dreams... and she was far from being normal, but that's what made her so enticing. So right for him.

[Y/n] turned her head, catching Lloyd's grinning stare. She grinned back, "What?"

"I love you..." Lloyd whispered softly, this time he didn't look as apprehensive to say it.

"I love you too." [Y/n] returned, pushing open Lloyd's bedroom door with her free hand.

They climbed into bed together, sharing the blanket. The bed was small, requiring them to press against each other. Following what had just happened, this close proximity was welcomed. Feeling each other's body heat let them know that they were together, that they were safe now.

Sleep came quickly to the pair, entwined limbs and close faces. Peaceful dreams came to them. [Y/n] dreamed of the young child that had been in her reflection's arms. Was it a boy or a girl? Who's features had it inherited? A small smile etched into her face.

Lloyd dreamt about their first date, the one that [Y/n] had planned for them. That kiss. The stage for his dream was the same jungle, yet it was brighter, peaceful, and less ominous. It was the real [Y/n] in his dream, not whatever that guise had been. Their private jungle dance faded away and his mind was filled with new date ideas, ones that he could take [Y/n] on to thank her for everything right in his life, it was due to her after all.

AN

2550 words

20/4/23

And, my friends, that should be the last filler-esc chapter for a while. Things shall be getting back to more plot-forwarding escapades.

Hope you enjoyed!

~Actuallyabiscuit0206

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.2K 1.6K 28
*COMPLETED* *NEEDS EDITING* ______ (Y/n) is one of the most wanted criminals where she lives. She steals in order to survive. One day while robbing a...
8.5K 361 25
𝟬𝟬𝟭.┆ ⊱⋆。 ❛ 𝗙𝗔𝗜𝗧𝗛 ❜ ❝ in order for there to be 𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁, there must be 𝘀𝗵𝗮𝗱𝗼𝘄 ❞ ╰┈➤ - ͙۪۪̥˚┊❛ melanie himur...
298K 10.6K 55
❝lloyd garmadon sent you a friend request❞ 「 accept 」 「 decline 」 in which lloyd messages y/n everyday at 1:11 ✓ lowercase inten...
13.4K 371 23
For as long as you can remember, you have been alone. You have felt different compared to others and don't know why. Abandoned and lost with no real...