Love Grows ☆ Cedric Diggory

By notarealarsonist

[oc x Cedric Diggory] Obscurials, odd creatures created by the hatred and fear humans hold against wizards an... More

Cast
Prologue
1. It Didn't Last
2. A Big Change
3. A Mother's Love
5. The Fantasy Castle
6. A Puzzling Dream
7. The Shopping Trip
8. A Pair Of Fools
9. The Great Hall
10. Sortings and Him Again
11. Pain Killers Please
12. The Forbidden Forest
13. Who? What!
14. Hot Tempered Prefect
15. Bed, Bath and Leo
16. A Wonderful Morning

4. Someone at the Door

106 2 0
By notarealarsonist

When Amelia's mother got home later that day around 6 she started cooking dinner. As she finished she called Amelia down who didn't bound down the stairs this time. She walked down the stairs rather slowly. Her mind was racing and Amelia was still quite shocked she would be studying abroad.

Amelia sat at her usual spot across from her mother at the table. But instead of the normal cheerful dinner conversations the three all sat in silence. Then Rebecca decided she would just break it. "I would start packing tonight Amelia." She said with a serious face. Amelia looked up from the food she was previously poking with her fork to her mother. "It's not like I'm leaving tomorrow, right?" The last part of her sentence sounded a little panicked. Would she be leaving tomorrow? She wouldn't even be able to say goodbye to her friends.

Rebecca locked her eyes with Amelia's. "Your new school starts September 1st Amelia." Amelia's eyes went wide. "That's only two days from now!" Amelia stood up panicked and angry. She slammed her hands against the table, not too hard due to her respect for the furniture.

Rebecca gave her daughter a stern look. "Do not hit the table Amelia." Amelia's confused look turned into a frown. "That is all you say. I just find out I'm leaving my parents to move halfway around the world to someplace in Europe! And that's all you say! Mama I can't go, I'm not ready to go yet mama."
Amelia's voice was strained and the fear was starting to finally take over. "Mama I'm not going!" Amelia pushed her chair back using her legs and stormed up the stairs and into her room.

Amelia laid face down on her bed. No tears running down her cheeks, she couldn't cry, she was just confused. The small crack she left open into the room was soon prayed open a little more by the entrance Leo made into the room. He jumped up onto Amelia's bed and laid down next to her face by her pillows. She turned from being face down to looking at Leo who was curled up. She moved her arm and started petting Leo slowly.

After about ten minutes of lying with Leo, Amelia got up and decided to pack. As she was shoveing some of her clothes into the two biggest suit cases she had her hand move to her necklace. She gripped the small yellow topaz around her neck. She felt a small wave of electricity flow through her hand and to her heart. She didn't feel different but a very big part of her was slowly showing itself. Soon enough she felt nothing, saw nothing but at the same time she felt everything and saw everything. This time she did not panic instead she was very calm, she was so relaxed that she didn't notice when everything went back to normal, if it had been hours or seconds.

Amelia concluded her packing for that night and decided she would finish tomorrow. She had one suitcase full so she would be fine if they had to leave a little earlier than expected. She fell asleep on her bed at around 10 pm that night, Leo right by her side.

There was a loud slam on the front door. The loud sound startled Amelia awake. The time could be no later than 2 in the morning. Outside the window was the void of darkness the night creates in suburban areas. Shoes and bare feet could be heard bustling around downstairs, quickly the sound traveled upstairs. Only a few seconds after Amelia heard the bustling going on downstairs that same bustling now only just on the other side of her door. Amelia quickly got out of bed and opened the window just to hear a sound so similar to tree branches snapping it startled her.

Amelia stood in front of the window in her room. She looked outside only to see the house she had lived in her whole life surrounded by people dressed in office clothes. She could tell these people where most definitely not her friends, so she quietly closed her window. When the window was completely closed her door creaked open and she heard her mothers voice. "Amelia, are you awake sweetheart?" Amelia's worries lifted from her shoulders from her mothers voice. "Yes mama." Amelia responded to her mother.

Rebecca having confirmed Amelia's consciousness walked into her daughter's room. "Amelia sweetheart grab your suitcase. Your leaving a little bit earlier than planned." Amelia raced towards her suitcase, quickly grabbing it. "May I ask why?" This time her mothers English accent didn't respond to her instead another did.

A woman's voice that used an English accent, one much older than her mothers. "I'm afraid you will have to wait till after our departure to learn the reason as to why Miss smith." Amelia could tell this woman was confident but the small undertone of worry alerted Amelia. "And who are you? Or will I have to wait to learn that too?" Amelia's tone was a little angry, a tone she never took with strangers, no matter how rude they were to her. Especially when the said stranger was likely older than her.

Amelia walked over to where the two women stood in the hallway right outside her room. "I'm afraid so miss Smith." The women gave Amelia a pleading but comforting look. Like she was trying to calm Amelia after she lied to her. "Mama must I?" Amelia turned to her mother. The situation had yet to sink in till this point as small tears ran from her face. Rebecca brought her daughter into a bear hug. She kept squeezing until Amelia tapped her mothers shoulder. Rebecca let go of Amelia to look her in the eyes. She put her hand over the pendant making sure to not touch the necklace herself. "Remember Amelia never take that necklace off. Not under any situation." Amelia's eyes widen a little as she responded, "yes mama." Amelia turned to the other woman in the hallway, suitcase in hand.

The woman pulled a small object from her sleeve. A small old compass was the object. "Now miss Smith put your hand on the compass and do not let go until I tell you." Amelia nodded. She turned to give her mother one last glance before taking her hold on the small compass.

Her stomachs churned as she saw the world around her melt away. Everything was spinning around Amelia. Amelia immediately closed her eyes not wanting to see the spinning around her. It had been a minute or so when she heard the woman next to her speaking, but she could not make out any of her words. Until she heard what she had been waiting for, "... let go...". Amelia did just as she heard, she let go. Amelia should have listened more intently to the woman because she had just registered that she was now falling.

Amelia hit the ground with a thud. Her back aching in pain she slowly sat up only to she the woman now in all black robes with a witches hat. The woman was walking down from the clouds, the bleeding sky behind her. Amelia could now make out the woman's features due to the rising sun behind her. Her skin was fair and wrinkled with age. Her hair was grey and she wore glasses low on her nose. Amelia did not know who this woman was but felt she could trust the woman who came knocking at her door in the middle of the night.

A/N
I never said they would be out immediately. Although that is what I meant as you can tell that is not what happened, sadly. But from now on expect an update about 3-7 days after the last one. I say this because as you can probably tell I do not do good with scheduling or due dates.

Today I will post this chapter, the second of the three will come out next Tuesday and the day after that, Wednesday expect the third of the three chapters I promised. After that I will be taking till the following Tuesday off because I need to fixate my homework and make sure I can stay up to date in school.

Thank you to everyone who reads Love Grows and please don't be shy, leave a comment. I would love to respond. But please don't feel you need to, trust me I don't leave comments so don't if you don't want too. Sorry I'm rambling. So once again thank you to every one and see y'a tomorrow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37 0 4
Adulation ❤︎ Excessive devotion to someone; Servile flattery. Born and raised as Severus Snape's daughter (Y/n) has quite the experience at Hogwarts...
78.9K 1.4K 84
Dahlia Flamel, has been in shambles since her lost of Cedric Diggory. She thought she would never be the same again, not after a loss like that. Unt...
175K 6.5K 47
~ Year four ~ Warning: This is the fourth book in a series!!! This also will journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read...
1.8K 94 10
Aurora Scamander never liked bullies. She was clever, brave and bold in the face of danger, but when she has little choice other than to follow blind...