1. It Didn't Last

☆

As Amelia slept peacefully something inside of her was getting stronger. It was going crazy. It was trying to break its way out of Amelia. The first thing it needed to do to achieve that was wake her up and that it did.

Amelia woke up with a pounding headache. Her ears were ringing, her vision blurry. She slammed her eyes shut hoping the headache would go away. After a few minutes of trying to go back to sleep and the headache only getting worse she sat up. "Mama..." Amelia tried to call out to her mother but her voice was barely above a whisper. Although she couldn't even hear herself say anything due to the ringing in her ears.

All of a sudden everything went quiet. Amelia opened her eyes and yelled for her mother. "Mama!!" She continued to urgently call for her mother as she got out of bed and walked to her door. But as soon as she put her hand on the round doorknob the headache started again only worse. The ringing was louder and now she saw nothing. She screamed and screamed.

She felt light and now she couldn't hear, see or feel anything. Yet she could hear and see everything. She couldn't control herself as she fled towards the window and she saw that her room had no walls and the roof was even missing from above her room. Her body or what ever she was kept going, it kept its path straight up. Only seconds later Amelia felt herself falling and falling. She hit the ground hard and her vision went dark. 'Am I dead?' She asked herself.

Rebecca ran up to Amelia, she dropped to her knees next to her daughter. She held her daughter face in her hands. Rebecca spoke softly to her unconscious daughter, "oh my baby, what have I done to you." Tears ran down Rebecca's face as her husband David arrived kneeling down next to Amelia on the opposite side of Rebecca.

"Rebecca... was that her magic. Cause you never did that when I met you." David asked confusion and concern laced in his words.

"I made her into a monster David. I did this. I can't believe this..." As Rebecca continued to sob loudly she realized something. They will be here soon. She stopped sobbing and spoke. "David help me get Amelia in the house back to her room. I'll fix the house up. You wait with her and we'll head to the hospital after I fix the house." Rebecca spoke calmly but urgently. David noticed it and just nodded. He picked his daughter up. He held her tight as he walked into the house.

Rebecca pulled out her wand. She pointed her wand at her daughters room and said, "Reparo." The room then started to fix itself. After the house was completely fixed from the outside there was a loud snap from behind Rebecca. "Mrs. Bovine. I am from the MACUSA. There was a disturbance reported at this address." Rebecca turned around to face the man, her face showed no signs of weakness or emotion.

Rebecca spoke calmly, "My daughter's magic just went out of control." The man questioned the information he was given but continued with protocol. "Then that will be a fine of 10 dragot for use of magic by a minor." Rebecca nodded as the man gave her a slip of parchment. "The amount will be taken directly from the your vault. You use Gringotts correct?" Rebecca nodded tapped the fine with her wand which immediately signed it. She then handed the parchment back to the man. "Then that is all so I will be leaving. Have a good one." Rebecca responded quickly, "You too sir."

The man then apparated away. Rebecca let go of the breath she didn't realize she had held in. Rebecca quickly walked inside and up the stairs to her daughters room. "We need to get her to St. Mungo's immediately." Rebecca said as she closed the door to Amelia's room behind her. "Honey that's in London. And apparating onto another continent is, well you know how dangerous it is." Rebecca rested her head on her hand as she bit her lip trying to think of something to do. "We'll bring her to the local hospital and tell them she jumped out the window." David suggested. "David they will think our daughter is suicidal." Rebecca glared at her husband who looked back at her in full confidence. "Fine." Rebecca agreed to getting her daughter medical attention, however she would have to contact someone she never wanted to talk to again.

They took their ford station wagon to their local hospital where they got Amelia the medical attention she needed. After Amelia got admitted into the hospital Rebecca drove back home leaving David to look after their daughter. As she walked in the door she noticed it was unlocked. Rebecca's mind started to run with the thought that someone was after her daughter and now in her house. Rebecca slowly opened and closed the door making sure it was quiet. She then walked up the stairs towards Amelia's room. Leo was following after Rebecca. He slowly slid into Amelia's room and meowed. Rebecca then heard the cat purring. She opened the door, her wand pointed at who ever was in her daughters room.

"Hello Miss Bovine or should I say Mrs. Smith now." Rebecca noticed who the voice belonged too and lowered her wand. "How did you get here?" Rebecca asked with venom laced in her words. "Well a little bird told me of a young girl who just bursted into dust. Isn't that right Minerva." The man said to Rebecca then to the other person in the room who was also holding and petting Leo. "Yes Albus a big fiery bird told you that a Miss Smith has now turned into an obscurial." Rebecca walked further into the room. Dumbledore and McGonagall turned to look at her. Rebecca walked over to her daughters desk picking up Amelia's blue walkman and an ABBA album cassette. Rebecca then turned to the two people in the room. "I will not give my daughter just so you can test a theory on her. I will give my daughter the life she wants in whatever time she has left. My daughter will be happy at home surrounded by her loved ones."

Rebecca then started to the door and only a few steps before she left Dumbledore spoke up. "It is not a theory but a practice and since her obscurus is not yet threatening her life, she may be able to live more than a few months or a year at most." Rebecca stopped in her tracks. "If she survies of course. After she has gone through immense physical and emotional pain. Then she can live a life in which she could die anytime anyways due to unknown side effects. Headmaster Dumbledore I want my daughter to enjoy the time she has left not to worry about dying at any moment." Tears started to stream down Rebecca's face. She turned to look her old headmaster directly in the eyes. "If we don't take her the MACUSA will." McGonagall pointed out. "Then she will live her remaining months as a test subject or a prisoner. If we take her now we may be able to save her life and she would never have to live like a prisoner." McGonagall looked at Rebecca with a look of sympathy and compassion. Rebecca noticed this and her tears were running down her face even faster than before. "Fine but she must wake up before you take her." Rebecca said turning towards the door and leaving for the hospital Dumbledore and McGonagall in tow.

That would have been a good decision seeing as when the witches and wizard arrived at the hospital they found out that Amelia was in a coma due to the blunt force trauma to her head when she fell. Dumbledore and McGonagall left after talking to Rebecca and David on their daughters situation. The two parents decided it would be better if Amelia attended Hogwarts for a year while she was getting the obscurus separated from her.

A/N
I hope you like the first chapter. It was a little difficult to come up with everything and not feel like I was just stuffing as much as I could into the chapter.

 It was a little difficult to come up with everything and not feel like I was just stuffing as much as I could into the chapter