Dreams with you - Jinjoo

By -Euzu-

and they asked her, "why do you want to be an engineer?" "because I want an architect girlfriend." a Jinjoo... More

DWY - 1
DWY - 2
DWY - 3
DWY - 4
DWY - 5
DWY - 7
DWY - 8
DWY - 9
DWY - 10

DWY - 6

383 18 5
By -Euzu-

// 6 years ago.

"Kim Minju, I didn't raise you to be a disappointment!"

"Why can't you do things right?!" He suddenly threw a vase but luckily it didn't hit her. As soon as she got home from school her dad threw a glass at the floor making her shake in fear, again.

"Y-yeobo, that's enough-"

"Don't interfere!!" Minju flinched, trembling in fear as her dad threw a frame this time.

"You just have to study! Get a perfect score!! And you can't even do that?!"

"D-dad I really t-tried my best-"

"I don't care!!"

"You just have to get perfect scores Minju!! Just that! And you can't do that at all! You're such a disappointment again!!" I got the highest score, I did everything and studied hard but it all ended up with me being a disappointment. Minju's tears fell as she ran towards her room, locking the door.

"Come back here! You--!" She trembles in fear, resting her back in the door as she silently sobs. She got 4 mistakes on a test. With that her mom took a hit for her. She was hit in the arm that was supposed to be for her.

"Why is this so hard.." she cried and cried until she didn't realize she fell asleep anymore

Minju woke up with someone stroking her hair. "Dear, I've got something for you.." she sat up and saw that it was no other than her mom who entered after knocking twice.

"I'm sorry I can't do anything earlier-"

"You already did mom, we just can't.. do anything to stop him."

"What's that?" She eyed on the envelope. "Get your wallet" and she did.

Her mom took out bills,"this was suppose to be given to you last week so here."

"You can spent it anytime" she smiled, "even right now?" She really wants to do something to distract her mind from the memory earlier.

"Well you can go-" She hurriedly stood up, "thank you mom I'll spent this well!" Minju smiled before she took an umbrella and went outside of her room just to meet a pair of scary eyes.

"Kim Minju!! You! Come back here!" She ignored it and ran. She didn't stop, her dad might really hit her again if she does.

She ran and ran with her bag and wallet inside. she didn't even realize she's outside the park already. It also started raining luckily she has her umbrella with her.

Her eyes darted into something, "The ice cream truck!" She hurriedly went inside while holding the umbrella.

But instead of running directly for the ice cream, she stopped on her track. Raising an eyebrow when she saw and heard someone.

The girl has her head down, she's crying too and she's letting herself be drenched by the rain and without a second thought Minju went to her. Holding an umbrella to stop the rain from hitting this person.

"Are you okay?" The girl looked at her with teary eyes, what's wrong?

The girl cried even harder making her pat her back. "It'll be fine.."

I don't know how to comfort but.. I don't want her to cry.

After staying by the girl's side, Minju decided to brighten up the mood. She wants this person to smile at least. Her day was bad today and since this person seems like she had a bad day too then.. might as well do something to make both of them feel better. Like the ice cream truck earlier!

"You know let's just get something!" She stood up and held the younger's wrist. "I'm older than you, you can call me unnie" she smiled and continued walking with the girl.

Minju thought that she was given money to make herself feel better so.. she can share it with this someone to also make them feel better.

She stopped and looked at the ice cream track, "what do you want?"

"Unnie.. I-I don't have money"

"It's okay, just pay me back when you grow up!" she chuckled and patted the girl's head. She's like a cute lost little puppy.

She ordered with the person still behind her, holding tight on the hem of her shirt, she's really cute.

Minju ordered and ordered, almost every store they passed through. Her allowance was soon to bid goodbye already and her parents will get mad, rather her dad will.

She sighed "My dad will get mad.. whatever, it's alright.." She mumbled to herself not knowing the latter heard it.

"Unnie I-It's okay.. I don't really need-"

"Then we'll get two, thank you!" She said to the vendor which widened the younger's eyes.

"Why are you.."

"Treating you? Well this is my allowance and.. you cried, I went out to feel better too and why would I not share it to someone, I want you to smile though." The younger girl just hang her head low after Minju said that, she was flustered when she saw her smile.

Her being shy made Minju chuckle "You're really cute, I don't know what your problem is but now you're not crying anymore so.. you did well." She smiled at her and patted the girl's head again.

Minju found the latter slowly pulling her hand away from hers, she noticed that the girl suddenly held it earlier and now she seems like she realized it already. She took her hand that fits perfectly with hers and held it.

"It's okay, I don't mind." She smiled and saw the girl's face reddening, how cute.

They both find themselves smiling that day putting their problems aside.

But they didn't really crossed paths again, not until 6 years later.

// End of flashback.

They first stopped since they ran and the older girl's running out of breath already. Yujin just chuckled at her. It was also when Minju realized she was holding the latter's hand instead of her wrist so she immediately took her hand away.

Okay, that was embarrassing. Why did I suddenly held her hand?

Yujin can't really suppress her smile especially now that Minju's all flustered again. Her face is red and she can't even look at her. It was really really cute.

Yujin stared at her again and smiled before taking her hand and intertwined it with hers. Her hand is bigger than Minju's now but it still fits perfectly. "It's okay, I don't mind."

Minju remembered saying the same thing to Yujin. And woah, it seems like the tables have turned when did that cowardly cute little girl that looks like a puppy grew up? Well she still looks like a cute puppy who's now not little and grew up taller than her already, who's making her heart feel different things.

She won't deny that.

She even smiled with Minju's favorite part, the latter's dimples are visible. "You can hold mine anytime."

Gosh, Minju felt like her heart was about to jump out again.

Same goes for Yujin, oh she doesn't know where she learned this.

She doesn't really like physical contact aside from three closest friends but someone, rather Kim Minju can be an exception.

"Let's go, the line's getting longer."

The two of them stopped on their track, they're thinking of the same thing. While seeing some families that have smiles plastered on their faces. It reminds them of the once happy family they had.

But now, it seems like feeling lonely doesn't seem so lonely anymore.

They don't really feel that lonely feeling they always feel back then. They didn't feel loneliness the time they met each other again.

And they would love to always be with each other.

"I got my allowance today so I'll treat you again for today just like years ago."

"Really? But I think I want to-"

"No way, not again."

"It's unfair already.." the girl added and unintentionally pouted her lips. It was so cute, she's really so cute.

"Okay, whatever you want." Yujin just smiled and stayed behind, watching the girl order.

"Why'd you order so many?" The younger girl asks before she took the girl's bag and some ice cream because she's struggling to hold all of it.

"To brighten our moods."

After she said that Minju can hold her hand anytime, oh she did. Yujin doesn't mind, she would like to hold hers everytime too.

-

"Yeah of course-"

"Min?" Minju's eyes widened, it's just Yuri no worries-

"Yuj?" Okay Yujin was surprised too. Yena is here too, great.

Yujin sighed she'll probably get lots of questions from her friend- "Yah Choi Yena--!" Her thoughts was cut off when she heard a voice, no other than Minjeong who stopped on her track, expecting just Yena and Yuri but she saw Yujin with someone.. not just someone, Minju who they surely knows Yujin likes.

"Oh hi Min! ..and Yujin! Nice seeing you again it's been two weeks. Also I've heard lots from Minju about y--" Karina was cut off by her friend, no other than Minju who covered her mouth.

"Haha.." Minju awkwardly smiled and pulled her hand away. This girl really..

"What are you guys.."

"We just finished playing at the arcade and I guess we will-"

"You two will go with us! Minjeong's treating us to movie tickets, right? Hyewon is already there!"

"Choi Yena you-" Before the girl could finish her sentence Yena pointed someone, okay she's with Karina she almost forgot. "Fine.."

"I'll get back at you, you duck." She murmured while Yena just stuck her tongue out and walked ahead of them with Yuri by her side.

-

The seats arrangements are of course, they sat beside the person they like.

Hyewon was there already being all lovey dovey again with her girlfriend as usual.

Yujin observed that the someone on her right kept moving and putting her hands together and blowing it.

She's cold, she forgot to bring a coat or jacket again. She just smiled before she took the jacket that was tied to her waist, handing it to the latter.

"Here." Yujin offered. Today she's wearing her casual attire, just her black jeans, white sneakers and shirt, her hair down and black denim jacket that she doesn't really wear. She just brought it since she knows Minju tends to forget to bring one which the latter gets cold easily so she's there to give her that when the girl needs it.

"You're cold, you can cover your body or wear it."

"What about you?"

"I don't get cold easily you know, I'm okay." She showed her usual smile and settled on her seat.

"Alright, thank you." Minju smiled and Yujin just kept her smile before looking at her other side that made her smile quickly vanish.

Choi Yena was watching them, oh dear.

"Oi oi, what's that huh?" Yena whispered while giving Yujin a teasing look. She finally gets to tease her friend about someone after being friends for almost a decade already.

"Just shut your mouth unnie" Yujin murmurs with a sarcastic smile and gave Yena a mouthful of popcorn making the girl unable to speak. She let out a chuckle after seeing her friend's funny face and continued watching.

After that they went to eat altogether and it was Yena who paid. Minjeong was happy that she successfully got revenge on her friend.

-

Two months went by quickly, and of course not a day did the two spent it without texting or seeing each other.

They mostly go somewhere on their free time, just the two of them that can be called a date but no one dares to ask if it is.

Their feelings are the same and that's for sure but none of them really takes the hint and dares to confess. It's been just two months rather almost three so it's alright and they're shy to do that. They also don't know how to so they are just enjoying their time together.

Yujin went out of her car and walked to the other side, helping Minju with her things after she opened the door for her.

"Thank you for today, Yujin-ah."

"And I should thank you everyday." The younger said back with a smile.

The girl doesn't know how much she made Yujin's life better starting from the day they first met and on how they met again months ago. Same goes for Minju too.

They really needed each other.

"I'll go now, see you tomorrow!" The girl waved before entering the main gate and went inside.

Yujin returned to her car after seeing Minju enter the door safely.

But just after 10 minutes her phone rang while she was driving and it was Minju.

Did she forgot something here? She thought before answering the call quickly.

"Yes?"

"Y-yujin-ah.." the girl called her name, her voice was shaking. It seems like she's crying.

"What's wrong? Are you okay? Did something happen?" Yujin asked her with many questions, she's deeply worried.

She saw Minju cried once and told her it's about her father after a few weeks. Is she crying again because of her dad?

Yujin just heard sobs through the phone and she didn't think twice to turn the steering wheel, she'll go back.

As soon as she went out of the car she found the latter sitting on a bench, hugging her knees.

Minju felt a presence and realized who it was. "Hey, it's okay.. I'm here." She hugged Yujin.

"H-he hitted mom again.." Minju looked at her and sobbed even harder with Yujin patting her back.

"Where is he?"

"I-I don't know.. when I got home I just saw my mom at the couch with bruises."

"Is auntie alright?"

"Yes she fell asleep with tears on her eyes.."

Yujin just sighed and felt the girl's hug went tighter.

"You can cry and say whatever you feel, I'll be here and listen till the time you want me to."

Minju just cried and Yujin being there helped a lot.

She felt safe again.

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.2K 1.4K 53
In an alternate universe (AU) where Ahn Yujin, a girl who's very brazen, takes art degree, goes on an endeavour to find the right one for her in univ...
3.4K 23 38
"I will never want anyone but you." A simple girl working a 9 to 5 at her shitty boyfriends' cafe meets Kim Taehyung, famous fashion designer, who tu...
5K 204 6
Yunjin is the school's top girl athlete and hoping for a chance to play on the boys football team. Everyday she would get a letter from a secret admi...
5.6K 179 11
Exes, that's what they are. where in Kim Minju and Ahn Yujin have a very different lifestyle, from the moment they were born and raised. Two people...