The Strings of Fateโœ…๏ธ(MYG)

By midnight_breezee

๐™๐™ค๐™ฎ๐™–๐™ก ๐˜ผ๐™. (๐™ˆ๐™”๐™‚) (WATTPAD FEATURED) Not all love stories are written with threads of g... More

Prologue
DISCLAIMER
1 ๐Ÿ‘‘ Alluring Beauty
2 ๐Ÿ‘‘ Clash of Swords
3 ๐Ÿ‘‘ Defeated
4 ๐Ÿ‘‘ The trophy of victory
5 ๐Ÿ‘‘ The Sacred Vows
6 ๐Ÿ‘‘ My Queen
7 ๐Ÿ‘‘ Unfriendly treatment
8 ๐Ÿ‘‘ Intimidating eyes
9 ๐Ÿ‘‘ Captivated
Gifts and Achievements
10 ๐Ÿ‘‘ Responsibility
11 ๐Ÿ‘‘ Persuade
12 ๐Ÿ‘‘ Attacked
13 ๐Ÿ‘‘ Life and Death
14 ๐Ÿ‘‘ Ignorance
15 ๐Ÿ‘‘ New Emperor
16 ๐Ÿ‘‘ Betrayed and broken
17 ๐Ÿ‘‘ Drunken fit
18 ๐Ÿ‘‘ Guilt and regret
19 ๐Ÿ‘‘ Forgiveness
20 ๐Ÿ‘‘ Fatal Arrows
22 ๐Ÿ‘‘ Prooving innocent
23 ๐Ÿ‘‘ New Brother
24 ๐Ÿ‘‘ Shocking truth
25 ๐Ÿ‘‘ Real Culprit
26 ๐Ÿ‘‘ Stabbed
27 ๐Ÿ‘‘ Last Breath
28 ๐Ÿ‘‘ Poisoned
29 ๐Ÿ‘‘ Going against all odds
30 ๐Ÿ‘‘ Blood of Achilles
31 ๐Ÿ‘‘ Bring me to life
32 ๐Ÿ‘‘ Stand with Justice
33 ๐Ÿ‘‘ The Past
34 ๐Ÿ‘‘ The Past II
35 ๐Ÿ‘‘ Frozen Inside without your love
36 ๐Ÿ‘‘ Two body One soul
37 ๐Ÿ‘‘ Unexpected meeting
38 ๐Ÿ‘‘ Suspicious Soldier
39 ๐Ÿ‘‘ Life of the subjects
40 ๐Ÿ‘‘ Saviour Emperor Min
41 ๐Ÿ‘‘ Dream come true
42 ๐Ÿ‘‘ Unpredictable future.
43 ๐Ÿ‘‘ The Nations Strike.
44 ๐Ÿ‘‘ The past III
45 ๐Ÿ‘‘ The Past IV
46 ๐Ÿ‘‘ The Little Emperor
47 ๐Ÿ‘‘ The Last Battle
48 ๐Ÿ‘‘ The Fallen Emperor
49 ๐Ÿ‘‘ Souls United
Behind the scenes.
Epilogue
I ๐Ÿ’œ U
Character Aesthetics 1
Character Aesthetics 2

21 ๐Ÿ‘‘ Marry Nari

566 53 23
By midnight_breezee

Hyesoo pulled the reign to gallop the horse faster. The white, majestic horse, Ara, responded to her owner and increased her speed. The Elesian Queen was dressed in black attire, hair, and face covered with a shawl. Her sharp eyes were the only thing that screamed royalty.

She recalled the words spoken by Areum that morning.

It was a bright morning. Hyesoo woke up to the chirps of the birds. She was eager to meet Yoongi. It had been three days since she was attacked and three days she had forgiven him. Things were pretty great between them. Every morning Yoongi visited her before beginning his day. He was patient with her and went with the flow of fate.

The Elesian couple went hunting in the woods and caught a huge bore. They also practiced sword fighting together. Sometimes Yoongi asked for her advice in solving some matters of the countrymen.

"Her Majesty!" Areum ran into her room disturbing the tranquility.

"What is it now, Areum?"

"I heard the maids whispering!" She panted, "The ones who attacked you in the forest were sent by Emperor Jungkook!!"

"What?! Do you hear yourself speaking, Areum?!" Hyesoo stood up in annoyance. Jungkook could never think of hurting her.

"I am sorry, my lady, but the leader of the bandits told it himself." Areum looked down in fear.

"But why would he do that??" She ran her fingers through her hair. Her eyes almost stung in pain. She couldn't even imagine him trying to harm her. They were friends. He claimed to love her. You don't hurt the people you love. "It doesn't make any sense." Her heart clenched and her voice shook.

"The Min Emperor is very angry. He had sent special men to kill him."

Hyesoo turned her head faster than light. Her eyes were wide like saucers, "I need to go!" She began changing her dress.

"Where are you going, my lady?!" Areum panicked.

"Darlin."

"But-" Hyesoo ran out of the room before she could complete. Areum sighed and messaged her forehead.

Hyesoo could see the palace gate approaching. She needed to confront Jungkook. He can't be harmed. She needed answers from him. Ara halted when the guards blocked her way.

"Who are you?!" They pointed their spears at her. Hyesoo immediately uncovered her face. "Sorry, Her Majesty." The guards bowed in respect and opened the gate for her to gallop in.

She could spot black smoke emerging from Jungkook's room. Her heart began hammering in her chest. She hoped he was okay. The palace seemed busier than usual. Soldiers were marching in different directions. No one paid attention to her because of her attire. They failed to recognize her.

Hyesoo sighed in relief when she saw Jungkook walking some distance infront of her. She got down from her horse and ran towards him, "Jungkook!"

The addressed emperor immediately turned back hearing the familiar voice. His eyes slightly widened at Hyesoo's unexpected visit and weird attire. "Hyesoo? What are you doing here?"

She stopped in front of him and checked him out worriedly. "Thank the heavens, that you are fine."

Jungkook's eyes darkened hearing her. He clenched his fist and growled, "Why did Min Yoongi send assassins to kill me?"

"Why did you send bandits to kill us? Did you intend to harm me?" She interrogated back with equal boldness.

He slightly widened his eyes in surprise and answered making his tone quite gentler, "How can you even think of me harming you?"

"I don't know. Everyone in Elesia says you were the one who send bandits to kill me three days ago."

"What kind of sick joke is this? Why would I send people to kill you??" Jungkook was now totally confused. He had not thought about the Mins for some time. He was too occupied with his own life.

"Jungkook please be honest with me." She held his arms and looked into his eyes. "Did you do it?"

The Darlinian emperor returned the gaze with the same intensity. His pupils didn't waver a bit. He replied boldly pronouncing every word perfectly, "I did nothing."

Hyesoo's eyes softened and became a little glassy. "I believe you."

Jungkook hugged her and kissed her head. "I won't ask you why you suspected me. But I am glad that you believe in me. I am sure Yoongi intentionally did this to turn you against me."

"No. He didn't do it. He had told me to leave that day. He said I was free to go." She immediately defended him.

"Ha! Do you think so? Then why are you still staying with him? Why didn't you run away?" He retorted back.

Hyesoo fell silent. Her breath hitched and she tore off their gaze from him. She couldn't bring herself to say her feelings aloud. Jungkook would be heartbroken. She didn't want it. She hoped if she stayed away from him, he would eventually let go of his feelings.

"I know you don't have any answer." He continued seeing her mum, "He had planned everything. This is his scheme. He told you that because he knew you could never run away."

Hyesoo knew how sincere Yoongi's words were. He did mean those. "Jungkook, please don't assume things you don't know."

Jungkook was taken aback by her answer. His eyes hardened as he slightly stepped back from her. "Are you defending him now? Did you forget what he did to you and your Kingdom? How did he force you to marry him??"

"I-" She got cut off by Jungkook.

"I think you should leave. Looking at you makes me certain that you came here secretly. The Mins are probably getting paranoid there. I appreciate your care for my well being but I don't want you to get into trouble for me."

"Please listen to me. It's not what-" He pulled her into a swift hug. His orbs looked extremely sad for a moment but they hardened almost immediately.

"Jimin will escort you out. Be safe. I'll try to keep my promise as soon as possible." He waved at his general before walking away.

Hyesoo's eyes were filled with tears. Jungkook had never sounded so distant. She thought it was better for her to leave. She didn't know what trouble awaited her in Elesia. She turned around her heels and climbed up her horse.

"Nice to meet you, her majesty." Jimin bowed as he climbed up his horse.

"Cut it off, Jimin. We are friends." She rolled her eyes and smiled faintly.

"Okay, Hyesoo-ah." He cheekily smiled and the duo galloped out of the Darlinian palace.

👑~👑

"Mother, you have called?" Yoongi entered the room of the Queen mother dowager.

The old woman affectionately hugged her son and kissed his head, "Yes my dear. I have something important to tell you."

"What is it, mother?" Yoongi's expression immediately hardened fearing any bad news. But Jihye laughed seeing her son's furrowed eyebrows.

"It's nothing serious," Yoongi released a breath of relief as his muscles relaxed. She continued, "... But important." He walked to the chair and plopped himself down while listening to his mother.

"I want you to marry Kim Nari in the coming week." She declared.

Yoongi's eyes immediately widened as he stood up, "But mother-"

"Listen to me Yoongi," She cut him off, "The only thing I ever wanted from you is a grandchild. I want to see you happy with your childhood friend Nari. She is most eligible to be an empress in this whole nation."

"I am happy. I don't need another queen for that. If you want a grandchild I will give you-"

"A child of that wrench, Hyesoo??" She exhaled in anger, "I am not accepting her child as the future of Elesia. They are a bunch of betrayers! Her child will never think good for the empire. She cannot be the empress. She is just a tribute given to you by her brother to save their heads. Nobody will accept her while Nari is loved by all."

"Mother you are exaggerating things. Hyesoo isn't as bad as you say. She is not just a tribute to me." Yoongi defended. He might be the ruler but he remembered his ethics. He had never raised his voice against his parents and would not do so in the future.

"Oh really? That's why she tried to kill you in the forest?"

"Hyesoo is innocent. You are assuming things. She is my wife and the Queen of Elesia. I would expect everyone to respect her and that includes you too." He kept his tone low but his words held power.

Jihye was blinded by her love for Nari. She was stubborn and wasn't ready to back down. "Fine then. If you love Hyesoo so much then you can keep her as a concubine. Make as many babies as you want with her but The Elesian empress will be no other than Kim Nari and her child will be the crowned Prince."

"Mother you are forcing me-"

"That's an order. Disobey me and you will face the worst side of me." She deadpanned.

Yoongi nodded and looked down in guilt. Guilt for not being able to refuse the Queen Mother. The guilt of doing injustice to Hye-soo. Things were just beginning to get better. Hyesoo was opening to him. The hate was slowly changing into love. They were probably friends if not lovers yet.

"I might sound unfair to you my son," She hugged him and patted his back, "But I know Nari will keep you happy. The sooner you realize this the better it is for you."

👑~👑

Fly as much as you want
But remember the Almighty is always above you.

This woman is getting on my nerves rn... 🙂

You might be thinking Yoongi is an emperor then why his mother has so much power. But in ancient Asia, the ex Queen had more authority. Her words held power and though Yoongi could easily defy her but sons/daughters were considered disobedient or rather disgrace if you talk back to your parents.
I know this sounds weird, but it is how it is. Asians can relate more.

Beware of Vampire Koo who lives in a castle.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 400 36
Just an imagination... Story of how an idol loved by millions feels useless and lost himself in his journey of following his passion.. I AM SORRY FOR...
470K 19.3K 58
โ[...], you seem to always find a way back onto my path.โž What happens when two old friends and more precisely, two ex-lovers, meet again after thei...
614K 27K 38
When circumstances force Park Jihye into a loveless marriage of convenience with the younger brother of the person she has loved with her whole heart...
300K 20.6K 42
The weak, powerless princess. That's all Jimin has ever been called. Born without an ability of his own in a world full of powerful elementals, mind...