A TALE FROM THE PAGES OF PAST

By ironlegoinaire

The mystery which revolved around her death is close to conclusion but will this lead to answers or more myst... More

CHARACTER INFO
PROLOGUE
ANCESTRAL MANOR
INVITATION
WARNING
COLD PRESENCE
PRINCESS OF HIND KUSH
STRANGE EXPERIENCE
NIGHT OF TERROR |
NIGHT OF TERROR ||
NIGHT OF TERROR |||
PAST REVEALED
††PLEASE READ††
POTRAIT
THE SHIFT
REGRETS
THE WINTER NIGHT
AUTHOR'S NOTE
PART II
GHOST FLEET

THE MESSAGES

123 14 0
By ironlegoinaire

YURANI ALEKHYA

I rubbed my eyes as the strong light rays affected my now super sensitive eyes look like it will take time to adjust. Just then someone closed the curtains. I opened my eyes again this time more easily due to dim light. I blinked several times to focus my sight upon the person present infront of now closed curtains. Look like I never looked at my own bethroled properly till today. His cheeks are covered in slight stubbles and his moustache giving him the regal look of a Rajput Monarch. His features are sharp yet soft if he had the smile he has on his face at present. His eyes were twinkling with mischief and admiration. His eyes are most admirable trait. They are coal black just like mine.

"Like what you see Rani Sa ?" His husky voice permeated the morning air. No wonder girls fall for him like bees fall for nectar or ants race behind the sugar. He shook his head and let out a series of laughter. Water dripping off his slightly overgrown hair. They reached his ears now. "Breakfast is ready Rani Sa. I would be waiting downstairs." He said still chuckling and left the room. I found my gaze still fixed on him. It felt as if a spell is broken as he closed the door with a soft thud I came out off my daze. I felt my face grew hot. Why the actual hell I am staring at him like a creep. Cool down Alekhya, cool down. Deep breaths.

I chastised my sub consciousness and made my bed and took a refreshing bath and reached out for the cloths set out for me. It's the same. Loose breeches and shirt. I don't think anyone would ever find out what I am actually wearing under the heavy coats and cloak I will have to wear due to snow and not to mention the snowboots. I put them on and went down stairs. Entire lower level was permeated with the scents of spices and vegetables. It will be nice to eat something from Alwar or Devgiri for a change instead of soups or bread and butter or something which is not overall sweet or sour. No offense but food I ate here is too bland for my liking. I took a deep breath trying to decrypt the smell of spices.

Chillies, neem leaves, lemon, peanuts, haldi, jeera. "Pulihara." Jai said keeping the plate of lemon flavoured rice infront of me. I smiled at him and said a quick prayer as I devored each and every grain on my plate and barely refraining from licking my fingers. My stomach was full but my heart is asking for more. "Who cooked the rice it is very tasty ?" I teased Jai who scowled at me. "Your husband." He said a small smirk playing on his lips as he ate another morsel of the rice. Unlike me who straight up wolfed down everything he took his time to enjoy it. "No way. You know to cook ?" I asked trying to hide the gleefulness underneath a fake alarming voice. "From very young age. I use to cook my own meals at battlefields." He said as he took the plates away for washing as I sat their watching him work.

"So what's next ?" He asked me as he strode towards the chair infront of me. I leaned back and began to think. "I got most of my answers but I doubt you had got yours." I said knowing that we had only gotten half of the story out of them not the full account but even this half account is enough to proceed along. "True." He said as he kept his legs on the table infront of me. Before I can speak anymore a falcon-eagle bragged in the room by forcefully opening the wooden window. It sat on the table and shook it's feathers as the dry ice fallen off his gorgeous brown-black feathers. It forwarded a letter in Jai's direction. Jai smiled and petted his neck and took the letter from his beck. I watched calmly as his face contracted as he read the letter. Wordlessly he forwarded the letter to me. I frowned and took it.

Maharaj Jaivardhan,
We hope for your quick return. Some forces of utter motives are trying to attack our allied forces. Suryagadh and Devgiri are in deep power tormoil. Suryagadh had fought two major wars within the limit of six months by the time I had written this. I hope Yurani Alekhya is with you. Maharaj Arun is hell bent on finishing off Maharaj Ayudhik and had successfully cornered him by diplomacy. We have high doubts the monarch in Bhramagiri is changed as well and Vijay Sena had established their control over the forest of southern Bharatvarsh. We wait for your command.

Regent Prince,
Rudradev Pratap

I read the letter and set it on the table. "Did you find any letter on me ?" I asked him as I remembered a warfalcon sending me a letter when I jumped out of the burning house. "It is on the mantle." He replied as he reread the letter. I break off the seal and read the letter.

Alekhya,

If this the first time you are reading my letter then that sneaky bastard must have been keeping tabs on me. We stupidly fallen for that rascal's mind blowing acting skills. He never planned to let any of us rule Devgiri or Suryagadh. He had successfully infiltrated my ranks and their was no power inflation on death of Chanchala. Sumraj, Virat, Dhruv and entire clans of landlords and martial general had turned against us for some unknown reason. Back stabbing scoundrels. Yet our coward of a birth giver is afraid of leading a war so he found newest way to corner me. He fucking dared to go and fucking engage me with some fucking Princess Rudrayamini of fucking Kamboj.

Since you will get this letter one month late atmost since I am sending fastest of my warfalcon I hope you come back in next eight months I will try to stagger him and don't reply. Each and every message is freaking intercepted. Also Hidden Ace is missing in action after three months of your departure.

Your brother,
Ayudhik

I turned and gave the letter to Jai who chocked multiple times as he tried to read the letter my dearest brother sent me. No wonder worrying over the number of cursings and the language which is worest than sailors use. He looked at me in shook as if trying to gauge out my reaction to such colourful and vivid use of language. I merely shrugged off. "Devrajs are not known for their language." One will wash their ears out if they heard us drunk. What a beautiful memories.

"I suppose he is not in that potrait." He asked scratching his chin. Something which he does often generally when very much curious or irritated. I prefer the first one. "He is there. On right side of me." I replied as his jaw dropped. "Wait the one with yellow orange eyes, standing behind that green and yellow coloured girl." I nodded my head. "Your brother is Vijay Kumar." I frowned. "Of course. His entire name is Ayudhik Vijay Kumar Devraj. Quite lengthy like mine. Alekhya Mandakini Rudra Pratap Devraj." He shut his mouth and closed his eyes. "Do you know anything about Vijay Sena ?" He asked curiously. I shook my head. Never heard of that name. Neither in my present life nor in past life.

"Vijay Sena was formed probably around five years back by few people who are most likely outcasts or illegally exiled. And five months ago they got control over entire southern Bharatvarsh forest regions and tribes. No one ever managed to get closer to even a single one of their hideouts and escape unscathed. Vijay Kumar is the leader and I will say he is a wolf in human skin. Man he fights like an animal. He never lost a single battle or even a single retreat in his entire life. I somehow managed to meet him once and if my assumptions are correct it is your brother we are talking about." He completed making me proud of my brother. Of course he will do something like that. No wonder he looked different in battlefield. "Do you think his animal would be wolf ?" I questioned eagerly.

"Most probably or it can be eagle as well due to his far sightedness in battlefield. You had witnessed it firsthand." I nodded at him knowing how perfectly he lead the battle of Sher Gahti. It was like he can do it with one hand tied to his back. "I think you have a hand in change of monarch in Bhramagiri ?" He questioned as I pondered over to answer it correctly. "I may or may not. I just sent Hidden Ace to do some inquire and if it is her who killed the king them highly doubt the rumors would be wrong." "Who is hidden ace ?" He asked out of sheer curiosity. I thought for a few seconds before answering me. "She is a death bringer and one of our subordinates." I dropped all of it on his unceremonically. And then all hell broke loose.

"What !!!! you have a death bringer in your ranks ?" For once I thought his shouts are going to permanently damage my sensitive eardrums. "That's crazy Alekhya they are only loyal to Hind Kush and their commander. Last time Kaling thought to trust one shadow master and it brought hell upon them, nearly breaking their entire kingdom among smaller units. They are still unable to recover from the ordeal and that was hundred years back." Jai yelled out in both panick and tension as he began to pace infront of me raking his hands in his hair looking irriated and angry. "Relax. I know what I am doing. I trust her more than myself." I tried to reassure him but look like he is not going to listen to me today. So I did the next best thing. I took a pen and wrote a letter to the brothel house which can later deliver the letter to Ayudhik.

Ayudhik,
           I told you not to underestimate that dougebag but will you ever listen to me. I will try to come as soon as possible but it will take nearly seven months by sea, five months by land and four months if I combined both. I found many interesting things on my expeditions. And if you found any jade pieces which refract light into a landmarks them gaurd them with your life. And stay low for a while. As for the back stabbers wait till I teach them a lesson. My identity as Rudra Pratap will help you a lot. I used our secret seals as the lock.

YOUR SISTER,
ALEKHYA

I patiently waited for the ink to dry and then poured a murky red blue solution on the letter before lighting it on fire. As expected the fire ate away the ink and the paper was back to be blank. I wrote stupid things saying where I am and what I did and folded the letter and tied to the eagle Jai had got just sometime before. Murmuring in his ears where I want the letter to reach. I watched as it flown away with wind. Only if Ayudhik doused the paper into a water with few drops of blood the previous ink can be read. This is something we invented in our childhood. I hope he still remember it or it will be useless to waste such a precious and time taking mixture.

The moment I return to Bharatvarsh surely will throw our entire motherland into organised chaos. Alwar, Suryagadh and Devgiri will join their forces. Sandhvik and Kaling would be forced into a corner whether to follow us or Hind Kush. With us being the most logical choice but the chances of Kaling being a neutral kingdom is high as well along side with Kamboj. While Bhramagiri will be the center of this intense fight. Because only the passes through Himalayas can grant passage to Hind Kush. I hope Hidden Ace produce some solid evidence against Hind Kush by then to convince the other kingdoms further. Who will win is not certain yet but this all will definitely end in total bloodbath.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

301 17 8
Love is beautiful while it lasts, but the pain that comes after is what most people can't bear. I stared at the reflection in the glass, the white sa...
263 22 7
a story about a girl aarohi who got cheated by her ex husband but her in laws treated her as their daughter and broke their relationship with their o...
909K 60.8K 42
"𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞" Their meeting was not a coincidence; it was fate, wasn't it? Aayansh fell for her the v...
9.1K 844 31
Hidden behind those red blindfolds, were curious eyes that once saw the world, soaked it's hue and carried dreams like every other girl. Gandhari, mo...