Nightmares

By Rushqa_Motaung

A freshman university student who has been living in trauma for years finds happiness... "Your heart's poundi... More

update
intro
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7

chapter 3

18 3 0
By Rushqa_Motaung

"I don't think the party is here."

A deep voice interrupts Gabriella's silent thoughts. A very familiar voice, that she heard before. Her head snaps so fast to the familiar deep voice- him. It was him. Tall dude from the dorm room interaction- with deep voice and onyx eyes. The one that she stared at like he was in a trance. Zack October, Sofie's older brother. The handsome male.

The male stood by the balcony's sliding door , his side leans against the door with a plastic red cup in his hand that holds liquid. He was looking at her with a brow raised as he watched her sip onto her mango juice. Like it was a favourite, which it was.

"Yeppie!" She squeaks- her eyes widening at the own high pitched voice and bursts into a fit of giggles. She points inside to the room. "The paaaaarty is insideeeee!" She squeals and throws her arms up in the air, in a playful manner. "I know that." The male spoke, his brows furrowing unknowingly, finding Gabriella very naive. But he found her weirdly cute.

The onyx eyes she remembers- yep, the picture frame. The boy at the end with a cold face. The male steps forward, his feet taking him to the couch where Gabriella sat. And takes a seat next to her, his legs naturally that spreads open. Man spread.

Gabriella's eyes roams down to his thighs- wow. It was all she could think of. The male wore a black ripped jean, along with his black long sleeve collar shirt and tops it off with a good looking black leather jacket. His accessories as Kruger rings and a silver thick chain finishing off his outfit look.

"So... what are you doing on my balcony?" The male asked as he raises a brow, looking down and her. Even thought they were sitting, she was smaller between the two of them. Just before he turned his head forward to look over to the city view, Gabriella responded. "Yours?" She says, dumfounded.

"Yes mine."

The male said rolling his eyes.

"Well- i-i was getting hooooooooot and my feet just took me hereeee." She says with the ending as she drags the words dramatically and sighs heavily.

He smells so good. Gabriella's head went berserk.

Her lips betrays her and the male speaks. "So?"

"So I came for fresh aaaaaaaaairrr!" She drags dramatically once again and the male sighs shaking his head at the playful girl.

"Can you stop doing that?" Zack looks at her with a very irritated face expression, but Gabriella was too tipsy to even care about what was even going on right now. Or even the talk that was happening.

"What?" She asks, nonchalantly.

"Dragging your words like a two year old..." He rolls his eyes and she looks at him and gasps

"I'm not two!" She defends immediately as she gasps again, and Zack shakes his head at the playful eyes and looks ahead at the city view, not even wanting to look at the girl who was too naive.

"You are." He says with a shrug before sipping onto his alcohol.

"Am not." She defends, attempting to look strong.

"You are." He chuckles.

"Am not." She defends with a pout.

"A cute two year old one, yes."

And the butterflies forms. In her stomach, as well as his stomach. Because it just slipped out of his mouth, like he didn't have control. And Gabriella clearly heard it, but she felt happy and she didn't know why.

The silence speaks loud after none of the two had said word after Zack just said it.

"So..... Sofie and Alex disappeared a-and they said they won't leave my side. But they got dragged away by their friends." She says, her bottom lip being push out as she pouts. She tries to make conversation, letting go of the awkwardness. She didn't like that.

And the male cannot help but look at her.

Cute the male thinks.

"Well, so who gave you permission to come into my room?" The male asks curiously, but he was lowkey teasing the girl. He was actually enjoying sitting outside with an unknown female. Strangely liking the way they speaking.

"I-" she stammers, no words forming. "No one." She mumbles softly, feeling immediately embarrassed. As if she was caught stealing a load of money. and the male continues to look at her embarrassed state and chuckles finding it very cute.

"You know....I can report you to the head office." He says as he takes a sip from his drink and her eyes had flown wide open at the statement.

"Report?" She asked shocked. And he shrugs.

"Yes, I can report you for entering private male dorm room without permission- which is my room." He says nonchalantly. "And you could get a warning- or expelled and school hasn't even started yet." He says.

Her lips moves but no words forms- as if like her saliva stuck at her throat. And he eyes her every move. She doesn't make a sound- neither looking like he will speak anytime soon.

"Anyways, prepare for a warning or expelled letter from the head, sooner or later-" He says and shrugs.
Continue to look at the city view finding it very pretty for the first time in life. Maybe because he was sitting with a complete stranger watching the city view together.

"W-wait!" She squeaks.

What was funny was that she was tipsy and her eyes were looking really droopy as like she was about to pass out. And this made the male look at her- interested. But what it seems was that he didn't notice the eyes of him twinkling as he watches her scared cat shocked face.

As he watches her, Gabriella stood still. His hand had seemingly start to stroke his clothes thighs- he was getting a feeling. He was unsure. It happened so fast and so randomly, he didn't know what was going on.

And like that, his eyes widens. Why? It was because his heart started pounding. Like it was about to explode any second. And his head hits in confusion with the same widen eyes- as if he was shocked.

"What's going on with you?"

Gabriella asks as she takes in the sudden change of behaviour in the male. "You look like you about to pass out from nervousness." She says and giggles. The male doesn't make eye contact with her and she continues to giggle at him. Teasingly.

The melodic soft honey like voice rings to the males ears- his stomach immediately erupting with butterflies. And for the first time, it seems to be that he was at lost of words. He didn't know how to respond to the female. He was like a lost puppy.

"You look like you saw a Ghost." She says, eyeing him like in a judgmental way and watches him continue to stroke his thighs- him avoiding her eyes out of sudden- and Gabriella leans forward. To his ear. Close. And whispers.

"Or is it because you fell in love with me?"

Her voice rings to his ears and he immediately scrunches his face— cringe. "What?" And his heart pounds again. But he in a split second pushes it off, and composes himself but Gabriella notices and giggles at him. He male looks ahead, avoiding her eyes. "I'm joking!" She squeaks with a loud laugh.

She playfully hits his shoulder with a loud laugh and her feet taps the ground in a habit multiple times- cute. The males eyes lands onto her hazel brown eyes. And he finds himself lost in her eyes.

He doesn't know what was happening, and he was panicking inside. Like why is he blushing? Why is his heart beating rapidly? Why does his stomach feel funny? And before he could process, a small soft hand came up to his face, cupping his cheek.

"Aww, aren't you so cute?" She squeals- the male freezes. Her dimple in her cheek appears, only one. And he mentally smiles at himself as he notices it. He mentally coos. "Okay, you're drunk." He says breathing the non existent air that he was holding in.

He gently hits her hand away from his face, and gets up. "Get to your dorm room, you're drunk." He says- and it sounded more possessive, and his voice deepens. "But why?" She pouts, attempting to look cute. The male looks at her with a brow raised.

"That face won't work on me." He says with a brow raised at her. He sighs. "Come on, get up." He taps her shoulder for her to get up. And she sat still, still pouting like a little two year old that didn't get her candy. "Oehhhhhhh..." She immediately let's out, and her eyebrows wiggles as she sees him tapping her shoulder.

"What?" He stammers, catching on as her teasing looking face. he playfully pushed her a smile appearing in his lips. "You're horny!" He chuckles. Genuinely smiles at this cute girl.

"Only for you." Her responds was and his chuckles more louder, bending over slightly as he couldn't believe it was her responds and she giggled pathetically. 

"Okay okay, come on, I'll take you to your room."  He says, the smile still present. That smile for sure ain't leaving anytime soon. And he helps her up, with her giving in by letting him help her- a stranger.

She stands on her two feet, her legs wobbles. She was about to give up if it wasn't for a pair of arms that circled around her slim waist. "First time drinking?" He asks with a smile—amused.

"I don't drink, I had only mango juice." She says with a pout, but her eyes widens again. And before he could respond. "My favourite." She's squeals happily. His eyes lands on the empty cup that Gabriella had drank from and shakes his head with a smile.

"Sure sure." He for sure knew thay mango juice had vodka in. Jayden likes it like that. His roommate. So apparently Alex got her the wrong mango juice.

Gabriella's head tilts up with a pout. "What?" He asks in confusion. "You're so tall." He chuckles. "I'm not tall, you're just short." He says and she looks at him offended.

"Am not!" She defends immediately. He chuckled before shaking his head at the cute girl. "So, let's get you to your dorm room." He says and she nods giving in. "B-but my leggies feels wobbly." The males eyes runs to her legs, before looking back at her. And she looks down also. But it was cute. Because all he saw was her legs actually wobbling. She was a whole head shorter than him and when he looks at her eyes, all he sees is her head down. The top of her head is what he sees.

"It's okay, I'll carry you." The male says and bends down slightly. "Woah...woaaaahhhh!" She squeals. "You're so strong!" She giggles cutely. The male picks her up swiftly into bridal style and she immediately stuck her arms around his neck. She felt his arms around her legs under her thighs and around her back. It felt good. She didn't know why, but she didn't want it to end.

And they were out of the party dorm room, unnoticed by Sofie that saw the two walk out together. She was looking at her brother, Zack in speechlessness. She does trust him so she doesn't need to go after them. For the first time in years, she has seen her older brother finally smile again. Could it be that he met Gabriella?

In the elevator the two were and Gabriella finds herself sleepy. "I didn't get your name." She mumbles softly. It was only the two of them in the elevator. People would really find it weird and take it the wrong way finding them as a couple, because the was couple goals. "Zack October." She nods. "I'm Gabriella Brown." She says softly and snuggles into his chest as sleepiness took over her. And he looks shocked at the sudden action.

Still in the males arms. "You smell so good." She mumbles, closing her eyes and before Zack could respond, soft little snores was heard throughout the silent elevator. He finds himself staring at her peaceful face for a long time, the whole ride down to her dorm room floor. He was lost at her beauty.

~Rushqa

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.7K 937 93
Unrequited love hurts a little more than a lot and unseen love well that's another story. It's nice to have a moment where your dreams become more th...
1.8K 416 42
|| in which a broken boy takes interest in a broken girl and they realize that neither of them require fixing when they fall in love with each other'...
1.6K 242 35
''Each of your scars have a story, and i am more than happy that you feel comfortable enough to let me in on those stories...'' When two polar oppos...
206K 3.6K 20
When two boys who've hated each other since youth share a dorm room, things are bond to happen, mistakes are bond to be made and sparks are bond to f...