The Hufflepuff with a Reputat...

By ynhpstories

Y/n Lestrange wants to be like a normal Hufflepuff girl, but everyone knows her parents. Despite this, she wa... More

Introduction!
Chapter One: The Dream
Chapter Two: The Boot On The Hill
Chapter 3: The Campsite
Chapter 4
Chapter Five: The Fire Rises
Chapter Six: The Return
Chapter Eight: The Goblet of Fire
Chapter Nine: Beyond the Door
Chapter Ten: Dragons
Chapter Eleven: The First Task
Chapter Twelve: Dance Lessons

Chapter Seven: The Triwizard Tournament

234 9 3
By ynhpstories

~.~.~Y/n's POV~.~.~
•Parts 11 and 12•

Cedric and I stepped off the train onto Hogsmeade platform, the sky was dark and stars littered the sky over the trees that surround Hogwarts castle.

"It never gets old." I smiled to Cedric, looking up at the shining castle, small lights illuminating the small windows that wrap and wind around the castle.

"And to think I have two years left." Cedric added, a small smile on his face.

"Lucky for some." I said to him, pointing at myself. "I still have three left."

"I know you're lucky, I'm going to have to get a job sooner than you are." Cedric sighed.

"Oh no." I said sarcastically. "Cedric's gonna have to get a job."

"Shut up Y/n." He laughed.

The two of us climbed into the carriages, we both sat in the far corner before we noticed someone else climb in, I glanced over and saw Fred and George Weasley. Cedric gave me a wide-eyed look and I audibly gulped.

We awkwardly sat, looking at each other as the carriage trotted up the bumpy road towards the castle, I could feel eyes burning into my skin, but refusing to look, I could tell it was Fred.

The carriage finally stopped and it never felt so nice to finally climb out and feel the air on my face, I sighed and looked at Cedric with a relived look. We noticed that there was a large crowd of people that were standing at the archway.

Suddenly, we saw four flying horses flying through the air pulling a carriage coming in to land at Hogwarts. It was hurling and flying through the breeze before Hagrid's voice boomed through cheers of the crowd.

"Clear the runway." He called, the coach speedily approached the runway, he had to dive out of the way to avoid a collision with the coach.

"Well there's something you don't see every day." I heard Fred say with a slight laugh in his voice.

Then, a sail post began to poke out of the water, it continued to form into a large ship and it fully emerged from under the water and approaches too.

McGonagall ran out and ushered us all into the great hall, we moved to our respective tables. Cedric and I moved our way over to the Hufflepuff table and took our seats.

We watched as the new first years come down and get sorted into their houses. It seemed to take a while, but finally. The last person was finally sorted into Ravenclaw, but before the feast appeared on the tables, Dumbledore walked up to the podium.

"Now we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement. This castle will not only be your home this year but home to some very special guests
as well. You see Hogwarts has been choosen..." He started before he got interrupted.

Filch began to run up the aisle limping in a comical way, which makes all the students smile and giggle to themselves. He whispers something to Dumbledore and leaves in the same fashion.

"So Hogwarts has been choosen to host a legendary event. The Tri-Wizard tournament. Now for those of you who do not know, the tri-wizard tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school a single contestant is selected to compete. Now let me be clear, if choosen you stand alone. And trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint hearted, but more of that later. For now please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of magic
and their headmistress Madam Maxime.

A group of girls dressed in blue walked into the hall and danced up the aisle and release butterflies into the air. They bow and everyone applauds, especially every boy in the room, leaving the girls to huff and roll their eyes.

"Blimey, that's one big woman." Someone from my table said, looking up at the headmistress who stood taller than Dumbledore.

"And now our friends from the north, please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and the high master Igor Karkaroff." Dumbledore spoke loudly.

A series of older boys walk up the aisle brandishing bo staffs, they began twirling them around and periodically stabbing them into the ground with a spark effect before running up and blowing fire and it swirled around the room.

"Blimey it's him, Viktor Krum!" I gushed to Cedric as he walked down the middle of the room.

"Albus!" Karkaroff said, going to hug Dumbledore.

"Igor." Dumbledore said, hugging him back.

"Your attention please! I would like to say a few words. Eternal glory, that is what awaits the student who wins the tri-wizard tournament. But to do this that student must survive three tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks." Dumbledore said gravely, looking out at the crowds.

"Are you going to enter?" I asked Cedric, nudging his side.

"Most definitely, what about you?" He asked back.

"Of course!" I replied enthusiastically.

"Wicked." Fred and George said loudly.

"For this reason the ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain all this we have the head of the department of international magic cooperation Mister Bartimus Crouch."

Thunder roars overhead, rain begins leaking through the roof and onto the people in the hall and screams of the students began to break out. A strange man bursts through and stood in the doorway, he casts some magic upwards and seals the roof. Peace is restored and the ran stops.

"Bloody hell, it's Mad-Eye Moody." Cedric said

"Alastor Moody? The auror." I said, looking at him confused.

"He was a catcher. Half the cells in Azkaban are full thanks to him. He's supposed to be mad as a hatter though these days." Cedric explained to me.

"My dear old friend, thanks for coming." Dumbledore said, shaking his hand.

"That stupid roof." He grunted.

Mad-Eye takes a drink out of a hip flask, shaking slightly as the taste as though it was disgusting.

"What's that he's drinking do you suppose?" Cedric asked.

"I don't know but I don't think it's Pumpkin Juice." I replied, giving the man a weird look.

"After much deliberation the ministry has concluded that for their own safety no student under the age of seventeen shall be allowed to put forth their name for the tri-wizard tournament. This decision is final." Barty Crouch said.

The crowd of students became unsettled, people are booing and yelling out to show their anger. I slumped back slightly and crossed my arms in disappointment.

"You better win for me." I said to Cedric with a small smile.

"Of course I will." Cedric replied.

"That's rubbish! You don't know what you're doing!" George yelled, with Fred following suit quickly afterwards.

"Silence!" Dumbledore called and within a matter of seconds the hall fell silent again, all their eyes on Dumbledore.

Dumbledore casts a spell over a large brown box which melds into a goblet containing a blue flame.

"The goblet of fire. Anyone wishing to submit themselves for the tournament merely write their name upon a piece of parchment and throw it in the flame before this hour on Thursday night. Do not do so lightly, if choosen there's no turning back. As from this moment the tri-wizard tournament has begun."

There was a spookily quiet aura over the hall as the feast had appeared, everyone was eating in hushed whispers about the tournament. It was the quickest going feast that I had ever experienced.

Dumbledore dismissed us all to bed, or our common rooms at least. The first years were ushered out by the prefects and the other years followed about 10 minutes later.

Cedric and I stood up from our spots at the Hufflepuff table, followed by the rest of Hufflepuffs who filed out of the hall and down towards the basement and the kitchens. There was a large pile of barrels in the corner of a long corridor, a second year student tapped the second barrel to the tune of 'Helga Hufflepuff'. They rolled out of the way to form a large hole to a large room.

It had opened into a warm and welcoming room, the room has wooden floor and stone walls with many windows letting in the light from the setting sun. The sofas were yellow and black with pillows and many green plants sat along by the windows. There was a blazing fire that sat in the fireplace that rose as it looked like a carved tree trunk. Two sets of stairs led to a balcony that overlooked the common room, they entered under to face the fireplace and above the balcony, the prefects led the group of first years to the middle of the large room and stopped to turn around to face them.

As some students went up the stairs towards their dormitories, Cedric and I slouched onto the closest sofa, staring into the blazing fire.

"It was such a long day, I swear train rides always take so long!" I groaned, shuffling slightly on the sofa.

"I know right, I'm ready to get some sleep." Cedric replied.

"What do you think about the tournament?" I asked, looking at him worried, knowing that he is of age to enter.

"I'm going to enter." He said enthusiastically, a happy and excited smile on his face.

"What!" I said loudly. "People die in this tournament and I don't want anything to happen."

"I'll be careful, Y/n." Cedric reassured, placing a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"But so many people have died." I whispered.

"I told you that I'll be careful, Y/n."

"I don't want to lose you Cedric, you're my best friend."

"I promise you, if I get selected then I will come back alive." Cedric smiled warmly.

"You promise me?" I asked.

"I absolutely promise."

"Okay, I trust you Cedric. But I swear to Helga if you die-"

"You'll send your mother from Azkaban, I've heard it too many times before Y/n." Cedric said, cocking an eyebrow.

"Dammit." I muttered, causing Cedric to giggle. "So, when are you going to enter?"

"As soon as I can." Cedric smiled.

"So tomorrow?" I asked.

"Yep! That's the plan." Cedric said

"I'll let you do this on one condition, one simple condition." I said, a small smirk on my face.

"And what is that?" Cedric asked.

"I have to come with you and watch." I simply said.

"Of course!" Cedric exclaimed. "I wouldn't enter without my best friend by my side."

"That's sweet Cedric, so sweet in fact, that you need sleep."

"I get nice one time, and you say that I'm tired. Typical." Cedric scoffed jokingly.

"Of course, Cedric Diggory doesn't get all sappy." I smiled. "In other words. Thank you for your kind words and you need sleep for your big day tomorrow."

"Does that mean that you want to go to sleep?" Cedric asked.

"Of course, so goodnight Cedric. See you in the morning."

"Sleep well, Y/n. I'll wait for you down here for breakfast tomorrow."

"Okay, sleep well too, Cedric."

I smiled at my best friend and made my way up the stairs to my dormitory. I walked in the door to see the usual one bed on the right hand side of the room. After my previous roommates discovered my parentage, had all requested to move rooms. I changed into pyjamas and climbed into bed.

I opened a small book and read, whilst thinking of how my parents are locked in a cell in Azkaban, and it's ruining my social life, having a dorm room all to myself and having one friend. The only one person who believed that I'm not like my parents.

I sighed to myself and closed my book, placing it on the bedside cabinet, I laid my head on the pillow and pulled the blanket up, falling into a shallow, restless sleep.

Word Count: 2000
A/n: Sooooo, it's been a month. I'm sorry I haven't posted in over a month, I haven't had time to write a full chapter that I sort of like. But I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I hope to update this book more often when I have more time. Have a great day :)

From
~Ella

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 1.5K 55
"Oh, would you look at that! Malfoy knocked Snape up. That's a shame you have to associate with her. Now you can't do anything when I kiss your littl...
96.1K 2.3K 90
"Whatever memories and moments define who you are or who you want to be, this one was among his." _ The second Sarah McCauley stepped over the thresh...
171K 6.2K 69
~ Year five ~ Warning: This is the fifth book in a series!!! This also will journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read, o...
80.1K 623 96
WATCH THE STORY TRAILER!!! @.malfoy.drxco on tiktok Y/N SNAPE You're Snape's daughter. You're a Slytherin. You have a very nice friend group. And the...