Thin Ice ✔️

By everlandwrites

Danielle wanted to keep one thing locked away: her past. But that promise soon crumbles when a new face arriv... More

author's note + characters
chapter one: Not cool man
chapter two: the puck flip
chapter three: lovers land
chapter four: its a whore house
chapter five: a visitor
chapter six: shirtless in my apartment?
chapter seven: tequila, no ice
chapter eight: seems like a douche
chapter nine: five fucking years
chapter ten: who is that again?
chapter eleven: memories
chapter twelve: serious meets sarcasm
chapter thirteen: did he just hang up on me?
chapter fourteen: selfish
chapter fifteen: regrets
chapter sixteen: sick
chapter seventeen: secrets
chapter eighteen: the deep dark past that still scares me to this day
chapter nineteen: coincidence
chapter twenty: intentions
chapter twenty one: home
chapter twenty two: try and try again
chapter twenty three: a fucking rat
chapter twenty four: together, but far apart
chapter twenty five: selly's got a girl
chapter twenty six: back in his bed
chapter twenty seven: dry cereal
chapter twenty eight: you were the only one
chapter twenty nine: suffering, pain, and agony
chapter thirty: T
chapter thirty one: need
chapter thirty two: but she could be naked
chapter thirty three: forget
chapter thirty four: to consider or not to consider
chapter thirty five: trust
chapter thirty six: a kindergarten project
chapter thirty seven: stalker
chapter thrity eight: overthinking
chapter thrity nine: the cookie crumbles
chapter forty: a surprise?
chapter forty one: care
chapter forty two: ridiculous
chapter forty three: an explanation
chapter forty four: an envelope
chapter forty five: a little help
chapter forty seven: fake it
chapter forty eight: breakaway
chapter forty nine: tattoos and bruises
chapter fifty: cookies for breakfast
chapter fifty one: are you sure?
chapter fifty two: i miss him
chapter fifty three: chips & guac
chapter fifty four: relief
chapter fifty five: i love you
chapter fifty six: one percent
chapter fifty seven: are you okay?
chapter fifty eight: thin ice
chapter fifty nine: we're done
chapter sixty: miserable
chapter sixty one: a wise talk
chapter sixty two: complete
bonus chapter #1
bonus chapter #2
bonus chapter #3: wedding bells and baby bumpin'

chapter forty six: kiss me

67.9K 1.3K 2.2K
By everlandwrites

I couldn't breathe. I couldn't move. I mean, how could I? His mouth was covering mine and I was pressed between him and the side of this ginormous house.

My body tensed the second his mouth met mine but after a few heat stricken moments, I relaxed. I relaxed?

Was I enjoying this? Fuck. I knew damn well I was. Whatever he was doing to me, I didn't want him to stop. So much so, that I pulled him by his sweatshirt, bringing him closer.

My hand reached up and tangled in his dark hair, gently pulling on the silky strands. A throaty groan escapes his lips and my god.

The sound sent a shiver down my spine as it reached my ear.

Fuck. I fucking liked that sound. No. I think I loved it. But it didn't really matter what I thought. I just knew I wanted to hear it again.

So my other hand trailed up from his shoulder accordingly and rested against his sharp jaw. I had made my move. And it didn't take long for him to make his.

I felt his tongue swipe across my lips and I shuddered at the thought of his tongue in my mouth. Part of it scared me but hell, I wanted it to happen.

I guess I had taken too much time to process his advance by the way he bit my bottom lip. Ow. That's what I was supposed to say. Ow. But no. I let out a noise that made heat rush to my face.

I moaned. God, I fucking moaned.

In doing so he took the opportunity to dart his tongue into my mouth. And holy hell was I glad he did. As his tongue swirled with mine I lost my train of thought.

In all honesty I think I lost the ability to stand straight. He moved one of his hands off my waist and latched it onto the side of my neck.

I felt his thumb move under my chin before he tilted it up, only deepening the kiss.

A burning in the pit of my stomach intensified. Fuck. I'm gonna be in so much trouble for wanting more aren't I?

Except I wasn't going to get any more. In one swift motion he slid his tongue out of mine and his mouth disappeared from my lips.

I was left breathless. Part of that burning feeling must've been my lungs. I had barely taken a damn breath that entire time.

"Is she-" He was just as out of breath as I was. "Is she gone?"

I took a sharp inhale. "What?" My face contorts in confusion before it mixes with pure anger.

So that's what it was about. Of course it was. Why else would he decide to do that? "So you only kissed me to get her off your ass huh?"

I'm pissed now. At him and myself. Why would I even think for a second that the kiss meant anything else to him.

"You're such a dick." I snap before slipping out from under him and walking away.

I heard him call my name behind me but I was not going to turn around. Practically stomping back to the group I walk up to Addie. Noticing her flushed cheeks I realize it probably best if we go.

I quickly waved goodbye to all of them before rushing a stumbling Addison away from the party.

"Where are your keys?" I ask.

Processing my response she fishes in her purse and pulls them out. You may be asking why the hell I couldn't just leave without her. Well she drove me here and the guys have a 9 AM practice.

Her hungover in an apartment, alone, didn't sit right with me. We could've gone with them but I was not going after that dick move by Hunter.

I help her into the passenger's side and groan as I get into the driver's seat. He was already pissing me off just thinking about him.

The drive back to my dorm was short. As we got to my room I immediately guided her to the bedroom. I gave her a change of clothes before I went into the kitchen.

Coming back she had already changed and I set down two pills and a cup of water by her side. Not caring anymore I strip down in front of her and change into my pajamas.

Harshly flinging myself onto my bed I just wanted to forget this night ever happened. My angered manner seems to gain her attention because she starts asking questions I don't feel like answering.

"What happened?"

"Nothing." I shot back at her.

"What'd he do?" she pries.

"What'd who do?" I ask coming off dumbly.

"Hunter." she slurs.

"Why do you think I'm mad because of Hunter?" I say his name like it's a bad taste in my mouth.

I hear her roll over and her eyes lock to mine. "Because he's the only one to get you so frustrated sometimes. And you two disappeared for a good five minutes earlier."

Wow. With how drunk she was I was surprised she even noticed that.

"So what'd he do?" she asks again.

I give her silence as an answer. But it's like she's some sort of mind reader because she said exactly why I'm upset.

"Did he kiss you?"

"No."

"He kissed you didn't he?" she pushes.

My eyes drop down to her pillow. "No. He didn't. He's just a dick." I say, the words coming off a little harsh.

"Was the dick move dicky enough to call him a dick?" she yawns.

My face contorts in confusion. What?

"Well if I'm calling him a dick then obviously the dick move was dicky enough for me to call him a dick." I explain, hoping I made even the slightest bit of sense.

She hums at my response, but that's all I get. When the room goes silent I look back to her and notice her eyes are shut. Yep she's definitely out.

Sighing, I roll over and try to get some sleep.

But that's almost impossible as my mind shifts to the moment Hunter stuck his tongue down my throat.

Jesus.

~~~~~

I must be crazy. Like, literally I must've gone insane. How the hell have I despised parties for as long as I've been out of highschool, yet I find myself at another one later the next day.

I don't know how the girls roped me into it even though they were the drunk ones. It doesn't make any sense.

"You guys go ahead. I have to re-zip my boot." I roll my eyes.

They give me nods before walking up to the door. I bend down and try to fix the zipper on my boot. But the thing won't budge.

When I finally get the zipper unstuck, I stand up only to meet someone I don't feel like seeing. I look into his blue eyes, so dark they seem colorless.

Cowering away from him, I walk in the opposite direction. Heading into the house I find the girls over by the couch.

There were a lot of people here for a Monday night. A few faces I recognized from classes, but the others not so much.

I spent a few minutes with them on the couch. Talking amongst ourselves the guys show up, excluding Hunter, and blend right into the conversation.

We were debating whether pineapple belongs on pizza. Of course many of us agreed that it doesn't but the runts of the group, a.k.a the lunatic cousins, have other opinions.

"It's not that bad guys. You make it sound so awful." Bev argues.

"Because it is. Fruit doesn't belong on pizza. Period." Marty says.

"I don't mind it really." Carter mentions.

I shoot a look at him. "Of course you two agree. That's some crazy, like, cousin crap or something."

"It isn't crap Dani." he fires back.

"Ok then, let me rephrase. It's bull, nonsense, shit-ooo bullshit." I came up with a final response.

Everyone laughs and I do too. But mine was dry and I realized I was parched. I excused myself and headed over to the drink table.

Skipping over the alcohol I find a bin filled with ice. There's soft drinks stuffed inside and I take out a preferred can of Coke.

Pressing the tab down I open the can. I turn around and bump into someone on my way back.

"I'm sor-" I completely shut up before I finished that sentence. Not him again.

"Can I talk to you for a sec?" he asked, staring down at me. His eyes told me he was unsure and I wasn't about to listen to some half-assed apology.

I drop my eyes and push past him without another word. As dismissive as I was, I really felt confused about the whole thing.

The whole thing being my feelings.

Whatever happened to me last night, I've never felt before. Ever. And I don't know how keen I am knowing he was the one to do it.

Stuck in my head for a moment I bring my head back up and see the rest of my friends still by the couch. I was just about to reach the living room when someone pulled me away.

I had a gut feeling I knew who it was. "Hunter, I swear if you-"

"Dani." The voice made me freeze. This was not Hunter. It was someone way worse.

"Ryan...what are you doing?" I ask. His grip on my arms sends an alert straight to my brain.

"I just want to talk to you, that's all." He flashes me a smile.

Now if you were any other girl on campus, you would be on your knees right now. But if you were me, that smile didn't seem so innocent.

I did not like where this was going. And I really didn't want to find out.

"Well I don't, so if you could please just let go-" I try walking away but he pulls me back.

"Dani-" his hand tightens.

"Let go." I try ripping his fingers off me.

His glare narrows at me and he frowns. "You bitch. Why can't we just talk." his voice sounds angered.

Now I really wanted to get out of here. He had dragged me far enough into the house where the only people there were drunkenly slobbering on each other or shooting up the "good stuff."

The music was loud and I bet if I even tried to yell, no one would hear me. Gladly, we didn't get to that point. In a flash Ryan was ripped off of me and pinned against the wall.

"What do you think you're doing asshole!" Hunter's blunt voice was muffled by the music.

"Asshole? I was just trying to talk to her." Ryan seems to be making a joke out of this but Hunter's completely serious.

They grip on his collar tightens and he shoves him up the wall with ease. "If she said let go, you let the fuck go."

Ryan just laughs and it draws some wobbly stares from the drunks around us.

"If you fucking go near her again I swear-"

"You swear what?" he contests.

I couldn't tell what he said next. I was just standing there in shock. My heart was thumping in my ears and I could barely understand what I was feeling.

I mean, I'm thankful as hell that he pulled him off of me, but I've never seen him this angry before. He shoves Ryan back into the wall and his face...it looks like he was scared shitless.

Ryan walks off throwing me another sleazy smile. I glimpse at Hunter's face and it's full of concern.

I don't know why I did it, but I walked out the back door. There weren't many people outside and I was grateful for that.

I needed to take a breather.

A few deep breaths later I see Hunter walking towards me. Again, I cowered away and turned the other direction.

"Thompson. If you walk away from me again, I'm gonna lose it." his voice is stern and the use of my last name, I know he's telling the truth.

I gulp down my anxiety, but it only heightens when Hunter's hands are on my shoulders. Turning me around my back hits the side of the house.

Immediately I was reminded of what happened last night and boy was that not good.

"Will you let me explain please?" he asks, dropping his hands from my shoulders, sounding almost...desperate.

"No need. It's pretty clear you only kissed me as a means to get her away from you." I crossed my arms over my stomach, lacking security.

"Yes, I know-I wish it didn't have to be like that but..."

"But what?" I press him for more detail.

His hands end up at the sides of my head and the heat is quick to rush to my face. "You can't tell me you didn't feel anything when I kissed you, right?"

His assumption made me lose the little breath I had. No shit I felt something. But part of me didn't want to be that easy.

"Does it matter? We only kissed once." I turn my head away from him.

"Made out would be a better fit but it's not like you stopped me, did you?" His comment hit a nerve with me.

"Shut up." I snap.

I know a good way to do that.

"You know a good way to do that." he challenges.

Shit.

My cheeks had to be bright red by now, no doubt about it. I was really hot, but my ice cold fingertips said otherwise.

I set my jaw and took a peek at him. His tousled hair fell over his forehead as he tilted his head at me. His eyes flicked to mine and I looked away.

I took in a sharp breath as his hand cradled the side of my face. Tipping my head to the side I had no choice but to face him.

"Look. I don't know if you felt anything, but by the look on your face, it's kinda hard not to assume you at least felt something." he prods.

I tighten my lips into a line and pick at my sweater. Yeah, I felt fucking everything.

"Did you kiss me to kiss me or did you kiss me to get away from her?" I ask-no more like demand.

He isn't quick to give me an answer. Like, he's thinking about what to say.

"Well I did need to get away from her, that I'll admit. But I kinda knew after the first minute I kissed you she was gone." he responds.

Is he lying to me right now? "So then why did you stop to ask me if she was gone or not?"

He sighs at me. "Because I didn't want our first kiss to be on the side of some frat house."

I almost let out a laugh. "Well you kinda screwed the pooch on that one the minute you stuck your tongue down my throat." I pressed a finger at his chest.

He gives me a shrug of agreement. "I may have, but I'm not counting that." he smiles.

"Well I'm not forgetting it, therefore, it counts." I fire back at him. Where did all this energy come from?

He smiles down at me, like he's enjoying this little game. "It doesn't count."

"Yes it does."

"No it doesn't."

"Yes."

"No."

A sudden boost of confidence fills my body and pent up with this back and forth shit, I decide to make myself clear.

I pull him by his sweatshirt so harshly I think he might actually fall into me. He places his hands against the wall, stopping himself.

I stand on my tippy toes to match his height best I can. "It's counting Hunter. Whether you want to deny it or not. Got it?"

My voice was stern and he looked down at me in surprise. Woah. Why do I always bring him this close?

He lifts one brow as his tongue pokes the side of his mouth. When he breaks into a smile my heart can't help but race.

Before he says anything I blurt something impulsively. "Kiss me."

What? Am I crazy?

Yes.

"What?" he asks, his eyes widening.

"I said. Kiss me."

What the hell am I saying? Who is this talking?

His head lowers and I'm almost certain he's about to kiss me, that's until his breath fans over to my ear.

"No." he whispers.

No?

"Why?" I pout.

He smiles at me. "Like I said before, I'm not going to kiss you on the side of a frat house."

I roll my eyes and detach one of my hands from his sweatshirt. Pushing myself off the wall I place my hand back over his shoulder.

"There. We're not on the side of a frat house." I said thinking I totally got him.

However, he just laughs and runs a hand through his hair. "You're ridiculous T."

I groan out of frustration. Why is he being difficult?

"Let me drive you home." he offers, switching the topic.

I roll my eyes before nodding in agreement. Whatever. I don't need another kiss from you Hunter Zimmerman.

But I sure as hell want one.

I hauled myself into the car and buckled up. The sun was far past the horizon and it was pitch black outside.

I texted Addie that I had gotten a ride home although she might already be tipsy. At least Briggs was the DD. I didn't need to worry.

Laying my head against the back of the seat my eyes fell shut. Damn I was tired.

My exhaustion only progressed as we seemed to hit every single red light. By the time we got to my dorm I could barely keep my eyes open.

He parked the car and got out. I was slow to do so and had only gotten my seatbelt unbuckled before he opened my door.

I tilt my head towards him and give him a weary smile. "Let's get you upstairs sleepyhead."

Weakly, I sat up and started to get out. He held my hands before pulling me into his arms, carrying me.

My legs fell to his sides and rested on his hip bone. "I can walk. You really don't have to carry me." I said, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Actually...I think I need to." he said in my ear.

"Why?" I asked in a low whisper.

He goes silent for a moment. The only thing I hear is the light crunch of the snow under his feet.

"I think I may have gotten us into a little predicament."

Confused, I lift my chin off his shoulder and stare at him. "What kind of predicament?" I asked, curiously waiting for a reply.

"I might have told Kelsey I was dating you." he admits without falter.

However, I stared at him in pure shock. The smirk he gave me only spiraled me into more disbelief.

"You what."

Oh dang. Things are about to heat up.

One kiss scene down...a lot more to go.

Thoughts???

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.3K 1.1K 50
Brynnley Adams, a senior at Mount Grey University who can not wait to finish her senior year of college to start her career in marketing. Brynnley is...
580K 14.6K 38
[MATURE] After a hate-filled one night stand, Evanna Hill is in shambles. With her perfect reputation and Rich parents' influence, she is shocked at...
5.5M 166K 44
Vince Hunter. The rich, famous, and world-known hockey player and my asshole of a boss. People see his charming smiles and game moves on the ice. I...
684K 15.6K 41
Kiya's life lacks excitement. However, one day, while she is singing in her dorm bathroom, someone joins in on the other side of the wall. Initially...