Lucy Potter: Harry's little s...

Lizzy_FanficFan tarafından

The loyal, stubborn, kindhearted Lucy Potter had always been an odd girl to the rest of the world. Living wit... Daha Fazla

Intro
Chapter 1: The Start of a Legend
Chapter 2: (Birthday) issues
Chapter 3: A Letter to a Potter
Chapter 4: Secrets & giants
Chapter 5: Vaults & Robes
Chapter 6: The truth
Chapter 7: Saying goodbye
Chapter 8: New terrain
Chapter 9: Life changes
Chapter 10: A shocking turn of events
Chalter 11: Hey you
Chapter 12: Go on!
Chapter 13: Live with it
Chapter 14: Dursleys and strange turns
Chapter 15: Reunited
Chapter 16: A Merry Little Christmas
Chapter 17: Hardships bring frienships
Chapter 18: Reunions are the best parties
~YEAR 2 IS COMING!!!~
Chapter 1: Summer of Magic
Chapter 2: Happy birthday
Chapter 3: The Trouble with House Elfs
Chapter 4: Friends from the Start
Chapter 5: The letters
Chapter 6: The floo trip
Chapter 7: Summer's end
Chapter 9: First day's always the hardest
Chapter 10: Friends make life better
Chapter 11: The try-outs
FC's
Chapter 12: Trick or Treat!
Chapter 13: Life After Halloween
Chapter 14: Quidditch Disasters
Chapter 15: Hospital secrets
Chapter 16: Moonlight troubles
Chapter 17: The Dueling Club
Chapter 18: Distractions needed!
Chapter 19: Simply investigating!
Chapter 20: Happy Valentine
Chspter 21: Without that one friend
Chapter 22: The big reveal
Chapter 23: The basilisk's lair
Chapter 24: The Chamber of Secrets
Chapter 25: The Big Reveal pt. 2
Chapter 26: Power of Friendship
YEAR 3!!!
| year 3 | Chapter 1: Family is everything
| Year 3 | Chapter 2: The Great Escape
| Year 3 | Chapter 3: A place to stay
| Year 3 | Chapter 4: Summertime (Sadness)
| Year 3 | Chapter 5: Back to school
| Year 3 | Chapter 6: What're friends for, huh?
| Year 3 | Chapter 7: The whole teaching thing
| Year 3 | Chapter 8: Daddy Issues vs. Furry Little Problems
| Year 3 | Chapter 9: The hippogriff
| Year 3 | Chapter 10: The unprofessional teacher
| Year 3 | Chapter 11: Panic Room
| Year 3 | Chapter 12: The light in dark times
| Year 3 | Chapter 13: The match
| Year 3 | Chapter 14: Halloween & Co
| Year 3 | Chapter 15: The verdict
| Year 3 | Chapter 16: The History of Sirius Black
| Year 3 | Chapter 17: The horror of betrayal
| Year 3 | Chapter 18: The darker future
|Year 3 | Chapter 19: Drinks before doom

Chapter 8: Different ways

564 12 1
Lizzy_FanficFan tarafından

Lucy's POV:

"NO way!" I exclaimed alarmed. "I'm not doing that! We'll get expelled!"

The boys looked at me totally surprised. "Since when do you care about breaking the rules?" Ron asked perplexed.

"I don't, but you do realise this is my first year, do you?!" I retorted heated. "I could get expelled on my first day! Not to mention, I'll already cause too much trouble for Hogwarts as it is!"

"Yeah, because you cause trouble every- where you go," Harry said calmly. "Just like I do. I didn't expelled, did I?"

I couldn't believe him. He was really this thick? How could he forget how easy it was for him?

"It's different for you," I hissed, because now I was mad. "You won't just get expelled, because of who you are. You were bound to get that letter from the start!"

"It's not as if you weren't!" Ron defended Harry. I get it, he was just being a good friend, but he had no idea what this was about.

This was about my secret. My 'furry little problem'.

"You have no idea what you're talking about Ron," I said in a normal way. As normal as I could master, really.

"I-" he stopped himself and sighed frustrated.

"Look, we have to choose now," Harry inter- rupted the awkwardness. "Ron, I'm coming by car with you. It's our best shot!"

He turned to me hopefully. "You coming?" I shook my head decisively. "No, get lost."

With that, Ron and Harry left and went for the car and I stayed behind.

When I turned around in a frustrated move, I swear I saw a small thing disappear.

What was that?

I looked again, but it was gone, just like that time... oh my God.

Just like with Dobby.

When I thought about it later, I would always remember clearly how I did recog- nise the small, sneaky elf disapperating that day.

But for now, I didn't have much time to think about it, because suddenly, people started going through the wall, back from the platform.

When I saw Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, I ran towards them instantly.

"Lucy dear, where were you?" Mrs. Weasley asked stressed.

"We couldn't get through!" I exclaimed. "The wall, it just... wouldn't let us!"

"Where are Ron and Harry?" Mr. Weasley asked and I gulped. Should I tell them?

"Er... well, they er..." I sighed, prepairing for the worst. "I'm sorry, but they-left-with-the- car!"

The Weasleys gasped indignantly. "Ronald Weasley! I can't believe him!" Mrs. Weasley started angrily, but I noticed the worry in her voice as well.

"I didn't go with them, because I didn't want to cause the trouble!" I said miserably. I felt like I'd betrayed them in a way. "But they'll be fine, right?"

The Weasleys looked very worried, which couldn't be good. "We have to get you to Hogwarts first now, Lucy." Mr. Weasley said thoughtfully. "I'll send an owl to Dumble- dore and we'll get you there with floo powder."

I'd heard all about the floo powder incident with Harry, so I was a bit nervous, but I'd handle it, I knew I could.

"Hogwarts, Dumbledore's office!" I said clearly, before throwing down the powder and transporting somewhere else through the fire place.

I luckily arrived at the correct place, unlike Harry had that one time and was greeted by the kind face of Professor Dumbledore, who was sitting at his desk.

"Hello, Miss Potter," he greeted me softly. I smiled slightly, but I felt a bit uncomfor- table.

"Hi Professor," I muttered. "Is there any news about the boys yet?"

Dumbledore kept smiling, which annoyed me a lot. The question was a really serious one!

"No, but I am sure they'll be alright."

Great help. Thanks a lot.

Really, I appreciated that he let me come here even with my condition, more than you might think, but this I wasn't OK with. This was about my brother's life!

"Where should I go now?" I wanted to get away from him quickly. Maybe to Minnie?

"Maybe you should go to Madam Pomfrey first, now that there are no students yet."

"But I'm totally fine..."

"I meant so she can inform you of the arrangements we've made."

Aha. That was actually not even a bad idea. "Yes, that would be great. Where do I go?"

Dumbledore handed me a map of the castle and pointed to the hospital wing, where she'd be.

"Thank you," and with that, I left, in search of Madam Pomfrey.

*~*

Ginny's POV:

I was on the train and so were my brothers, for as far as I knew, but where was Lucy? And Harry? And... wait I hadn't seen Ron either!

I sat in a compartment with Luna Lovegood, one of my childhood best friends. She was just looking outside for now and there was a comfortable silence.

Or well, she made it comfortable. I often failed to be calm because I was worried and couldn't sit still.

"Luna, have you maybe seen another ginger girl walking around here? Our age I mean?"

Luna looked up at me. "No, I don't think I have, sorry." She turned back to the window again.

At last, I couldn't hold myself anymore. "I'm just going to go ask around if anyone saw Lucy!"

Luna looked at me again, but with a little more worry. "I can help you look if you want to. Is it Lucy Potter?"

I turned to her in surprise. How would she know? "Yeah..."

"I saw you two walking around, when Dad- dy and I were looking for Nargles."

I frowned in confusion, but let it slide, as I had other things to think about now. "I'd love it if you could help, Luna."

And so, Luna and I started looking around for Lucy, but without mentioning her name to people. I bet she'd hate it if we did.

I opened a compartment door with two girls: one with blond curly hair in two braids and the other had dark skin, smooth, black hair and was very pretty.

"Hi, have you seen a girl with red hair, my age, messy hair and green eyes?"

The girls looked at each other. "No, sorry we haven't."

"Okay, well could you let me know if you do?" The girls nodded and we left.

Another girl was also walking around, an owl perched on her shoulder. She also had a dark smooth skin and dark hair that was a bit curly.

"Have you seen a ginger girl with green eyes? Our age?" The girl who was definitely a first year too shrugged. "Nah, sorry. I'll let you know if I do though..."

"Do you maybe want to sit with us?" Luna asked suddenly. "You seem lonely."

I thought this was maybe a bit of an insult, since she could perfectly well have been looking for someone.

But I guess this is Luna's way of being kind and it kind of is kind.

"Oh... well er... I wasn't lonely really, but..."

"You don't have to, it was just..." what was I doing? When did I get this awkward?

"Oh no!" The girl almost shouted. "It's fine! I'll come, I'd love that!"

"That's nice," Luna said softly.

"I'm Liliana by the way!" The girl offered her hand and I took it happily. "I'm Ginny! This is Luna!"

We did the rest of our round in search of Lucy, but had no luck. I was pretty stressed, to be honest, but Liliana and Luna were good company while I was like that.

"She'll be fine, I'm sure of it!" Liliana smiled soothingly. "Should we play a little game? Y'know, get to know each other, distraction."

In the end, there wasn't really a game, but we mostly talked and I did in fact, get to know Liliana better.

"Oy, watcha readin'?" Liliana asked Luna, who was reading the Quibler, the magazine I knew to be her dad's.

I held in a breath, prepairing myself to strike if necessary. Yes, I was being shy at times, but also protective of my friend, who was a tat bit odd and therefore often made fun of.

Not on my watch.

"Oh, it's the Quibler!" Luna showed her the magazine happily.

"I've never heard of it before!" Liliana exclaimed surprised. "It looks really cool, honestly! It at least isn't so standard!"

I smiled at the two girls conversing happily over the funny magazine. It was good to know I'd found someone who shared my opinion on the awesome blonde.

We all talked for hours and hours on end. I did miss Lucy and I was sure to make her meet my friends, just like I was meeting hers.

When we arrived at Hogsmeade's station that evening, most people were already tired of the long journey.

"Firs' years!" I heard a familiar voice call us. "Firs' years, come with me!"

We hurried up to the voice. It was Hagrid, Hogwarts' game keeper and Lucy and Harry's friend. The man waved us over and we all followed him to a huge lake.

"Four people per boat!" Hagrid said serious- ly. Without thinking, Luna, Liliana and I jumped in one.

This one girl came in our boat. She was quite tall for an 11-year-old, had dark hair and grey eyes.

"Hi," she said shyly. She looked very out of place and uncertain and I felt a bit bad for her. Maybe she was Muggleborn?

"Hi, I'm Ginny!" I smiled and tried to get her to feel more confident, but she stayed quiet.

"What's your name? I'm Liliana Shackle- bolt."

I looked up at her in surprise. "Wait, you never said that! Is your dad Kingsley Shack-
lebolt? My dad works with him at the mini- stry."

Liliana nodded enthusiatically. "Yeah, he is! He's the best, honestly!" We started talking again, like we just couldn't stop.

We may've just forgotten a bit about about the quiet girl. I kept trying to involve Luna, but she was content with looking around.

The boat trip was over quickly and we went up to the magnificent castle I knew to be Hogwarts. All of us gasped at its beauty, even in the darkness of the night.

A stern-looking woman came to meet us and Hagrid left. With her was a girl, with ginger hair like mine...

"Lucy!" I ran up to her and hugged her in relief. "Where in Merlin's name were you?!" I whispered at her, while the woman was talking.

"Long story. Tell you later," she answered shortly. She looked very worried.

Indeed, I was nervous too, hell this was my sorting and your house was, according to 'Professor McGonnagall' your new family.

"Pray we'll be together," I said to her. "Whichever house'll have us!" This wasn't totally true. I needed to be in Gryffindor and I was sure Lucy felt the same. At least not Slytherin.

Before I knew it, we were walking into an enormous hall where all other students were sitting. The dining hall, or as my brothers called it: the Great Hall.

We all had to put this old hat on our head and the hat would sort us. I honestly didn't really pay attention until Luna was called up. She was sorted into Ravenclaw, after a few seconds.

Later, Lucy was called up.

She shivered and went up the stage where the hat lay. Students started whispering madly and I felt so bad.

Lucy's POV:

All these people were staring at me. Teachers, first-years and older students. And most of them I didn't know or recognise at all. If Harry was here, I could've looked to him, but he was still missing.

The hat started talking. "Ahhh, another Potter... interesting, not like your brother are you? He almost was a Slytherin, but you..."

Oh lord. Harry was considered a Slytherin? He hadn't told ms that! How bad could the house really be then?

"Yeah, I'd say you're very honest and fair in general... hard-working.... real Hufflepuf traits..."

I waited with a held breath. It wasn't like I didn't want to be a Hufflepuf, but it did make me nervous.

"Then again, no patience... a heart that's been touched and scarred in many ways. Makes you quite wise and you have your mother's brains..."

My mom had been a smarty then. Maybe she was a Ravenclaw? That was the smart house, right?

"It's more the knowledge seeking and wise house, actually..." the hat answered my thoughts. "And no, your mother was a Gryffindor, though she was as potential for the house as you... but I see bravery too. Difficult, difficult one..."

I saw people getting impatient and teachers start to worry. Please hurry up, I need to get out of here now! Out of this spotlight I never asked for!

"Oh well then... better be... Gryffindor!!" I sighed in relief and handed Minnie the hat. The Gryffindor table was cheering loudly.

"We got both Potters!" The twins were cheering. I grinned and sat down, waiting for others.

Ginny was after a while, also sorted into Gryffindor with me. I was very happy for her and so was she.

"Wait Lu, meet my friend: Liliana Shackle- bolt. I met her on the train when looking for you."

"Hi there," the girl waved with a huge smile. "Your sorting took long! What did the hat say?"

I wanted to answer, but I heard Vanessa's name being called and got distracted.

She was in Gryffindor too!!

"Lucy freakin' Potter!" She said to me, while sitting down next to me. "You little bastard! Disappearing like that! Where were you in that bloody train?"

Ginny and Liliana looked at us with awkward faces. "Wait, this is Vanessa guys. She lives in my home town and she's the best! Vanessa, this is Ginny Weasley, who I wrote to you about and who I stayed with. This is Liliana Shacklebolt!"

The girls all shook hands and I shook Lili- ana's too.

"That Luna Lovegood girl was the one you told me about, right?" Ginny nodded at me. "You will meet her OK? 'Cause you really need to!" I laughed and promised I'd meet the girl.

"Sorry, d'you happen to know where Harry and Ron are Ginny?" I turned around. A girl with extremely bushy brown hair was talking, but apparently to me.

"No, sorry Hermione!" Ginny answered worried. "Haven't you?"

Hermione, THE Hermione Granger I gues- sed, blinked in surprise and her eyes widened.

"Gosh, I'm so sorry! You must be Lucy! Harry's sister!" She shook my hand. "How are you? Harry said you were ill when we were at Diagon Alley! I-"

"I'm fine, Hermione really!" I laughed fontly at her. She was so sweet. "And as a fact, I do happen to know what happened with Harry and Ron! Not where they are though..."

Hermione gasped and sat down too, motion- ing for me to tell, so I did. I told about the closed wall, the stress we had, the fight and the way I split from them.

Hermione had her hand over her mouth in the end, but she scowled when she reacted. "Honestly those two! It's good you didn't go with them! They'll be in so much trouble!"

"I didn't know you'd ever be this cautious with getting in trouble," Ginny said.

"This is my first year! I'll be expelled in a beat! I'm lucky I even got that letter!"

"Why?" Liliana asked suddenly. "You're Lucy freaking Potter! How could they not accept you?"

I looked down at my plate and luckily, I was saved: food had appeared. Hermione how- ever, kept looking at me suspisciously. She was difficult to fool.

Minnie suddenly came to us. "Miss Potter, I have good news. Mr. Potter and Mr. Weasley have arrived safely. They are in trouble, as you might understand, but they are having seperate dinner right now."

I sighed in relief to hear the boys were OK. "Thanks Minnie," the others looked at me in shock. What was it with that nickname?

"It's no problem miss Potter. Can you come to my office after dinner? I think we need to talk a few things over." I nodded and with that, she left.

"Are you in trouble already?!" Ginny asked perplexed. "What did you do?"

I shrugged. I knew what this was about and I wasn't in trouble. But it was fine if the others thought I was.

After dinner, we were brought to our common rooms by the prefects. One of the Gryffindor prefects, was Percy Weasley.

"Ugh, save me please," Ginny groaned. "I can't handle a year of Percy being the an- noying prick he is all the time!"

We laughed (Liliana, Vanessa and I) while Hermione tutted, but smiled too. "I wonder when the boys get back..."

I smirked at her worried face. "One in parti- cular maybe?" Hermione frowned and looked up at me a bit too quickly.

"Of course not! Not like that!" She scowled at us in fake annoyance.

"That's Professor McGonnagall's office Lucy," Hermione pointed at a closed door.

I nodded gratefully and knocked. "Come in!" I entered and Minnie looked up at me. "Close the door behind you please."

She put a charm on the door after I closed, which I think was to keep people from eavesdropping.

"So, miss Potter... welcome in Gryffindor house, I'll be your head of house."

I nodded "I know, Professor."

"It has come to my attention that you have already made some friends. I would advise you to keep your... condition, a secret to everyone, including them."

Obviously.

"I especially warn you for miss Granger. She is a very talented and intelligent girl. Be careful not to drop any hints for her. Since you are Harry's sister, I suspect she might get suspicious and will do research."

"I was already aware, but thank you a lot."

"I also want to add, before I go on about practical parts," she looked at me sternly. "That while I am your head of house, no one and I repeat, no one will be allowed to mis- treat you, in case anyone found out any- way."

"Thank you Professor," I said, trying to show all of gratefulness. Because I really was grateful.

"Now, as you know, you'll need to take the potion each month, a week before your transformation. Professor Snape, your Potions professor, will brew these for you. He will make appointments with you about this."

I swallowed. Harry had shown his great doubts and his utter distrust towards this particular professor before.

"And on the day of the full moon, you will come to my office, where Madam Pomfrey, the school healer you met last year, will be. We will take you to the place you will spend the night. We'll pick you up again the morning after, before students wake up."

I already knew most of this, but let her tell again. It did get a bit boring though. "I get it. Can I ask you a few things?"

"You sure can."

"How big are chances for me?" The woman swallowed quietly and had to think long for an answer, which was answer enough.

"They're very slim, aren't they?"

Minnie nodded in sorrow. "I'm truly sorry. If no one finds out, nothing might happen. However, when it's out, chances at a stable job are..."

"Unlikely, I see," I muttered. "Like for Remus now."

The professor sighed sadly and nodded. I'd had enough, I wanted to go to my Common Room.

"C-can I go now?" Minnie's sour look disap- peared and she nodded. "Of course, miss Potter."

With that, I left for my Common Room, ready to get to sleep. One problem though: I had no idea how to get in, without the password.

_____________________________________________

A/N:

Hiya guys, one more chapter done!

OK so with all the stuff around racism going on, I didn't know how to right some parts better, but I hope it's OK now. If anyone feels uncomfortable, pls help me come up with others ways to write it.

Also, if anything I write sounds a bit like the all the young dudes stuff, it's not on purpose! I'm also reading that right now, so I'm sorry if I mess it around a little.

Most of that stuff is also just fannon and how I see it would be, regardless what atyd says. So if, it's not stolen or copied, just how I see it would go.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

41.6K 1.2K 13
A group of children, survivors of the second wizard war, victims of losing families, and no strangers to death and mourning are given a chance to pre...
112K 3.1K 119
"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬. 𝐖𝐞'𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚�...
571K 16.5K 22
On a fateful mission gone wrong, Auror Draco Malfoy gets mauled by a werewolf in an attempt to save his partner's life. When they rush him into St. M...
2.5M 79.1K 187
In which the marauders generation watch Athena Potters life and see the dangers of which awaits them. Where friends becomes enemies and enemies becom...