Blurred

By JoniiG

Loosing your memory at the age of six, can also mean loosing a crucial part of your life. Y/n has to come fac... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65

Chapter 6

189 1 0
By JoniiG

Disclaimer: There is no information on how the recommendations work, so I just made it up.

***

"What!?" you exclaimed to your parents. They were obviously quite the catch because, apparently, you were not going to take the normal entrance exam but the special recommendation one "How?"

U.A. accepted you as a special recommendation. You were overjoyed, but also in disbelief. You assumed they were still opposed to the whole "I want to be a hero" thing and would be less supportive of you. They agreed to you going there, but that didn't mean they weren't concerned. So, this was rather shocking. It meant a lot to you.

But how did they get you this opportunity? As far as you knew, they both worked for a big company in Tokyo. Never really told you any details about it but you didn't want to be nosy about stuff you apparently shouldn't know. So, you just never asked them. Point is, that none of them are associated with any hero agency or have any connections with a pro.

"Let's just say that your father has ways." your mom said.

So, they were not going to tell you. Again.

Well, they did get you an amazing opportunity so you just shrugged it off, for now.

"Thank you so much!" you embraced them both tightly "I love you"

"We love you too, Y/n" you father said

"I'm going to tell Izuku; he'll freak out!" You said as you dashed outside towards his house. You were already scheduled to go there. He mentioned that he had some free time, so you took advantage of the opportunity to finally speak with him. You were still in contact, but with the exam approaching and his and your training, it was becoming difficult to even text.

You arrived there all excited to tell him. After they greeted you, you went to his room and began telling him everything.

"Are you serious?" he asked you with such a happy expression on his face "That's amazing, Y/n! I'm really happy for you"

"Thank you, Izuku" you said "I hope I can pass it"

"Of course, you will" he said "your quirk is amazing"

You leaned back to the chair you sitting near his desk "Thank you, but I assume that isn't the only thing that will be tested"

"Well, it's true that the difficulty of the standard entrance exam differs year over year, so I wouldn't be surprised if the special recommendation one is even more difficult..." the boy began to analyze.

"Izuku" you tried to stop him from the mumbling but-

"But, if your training is going well, and based on what I can see, you must have improved significantly, so if we take that into account..."

"Izuku"

"You should be able to pass with high marks and- "

"Izuku!" this time you got his attention.

"Ah sorry, Y/n" he gave you an awkward laugh, while scratching the back of his head.

You laughed at the boy's awkwardness but that laugh faded quickly. You were really happy to have this opportunity, even though you had no idea how your parents got it, and they didn't tell you much about it. But that was not the issue right now. Izuku may be happy, but there was another person you were uncertain about.

"You think I should tell him?" you asked the boy sitting in front of you on his bed.

His smile wore out like yours when he heard your question. Bakugo did offer to train you, but that didn't mean that his competitiveness was gone. But maybe he would understand. It didn't really mean anything which exam the both of you were going to take. It's who passed, right?

"Uh..." he touched his chin with his fingers, looking at the floor "I don't know. You have been training together for seven months, right?"

"Yeah"

His brows knit together as he was thinking for an answer. You were thinking about it as well. You both knew him well enough to surely expect a negative reaction, but on the other hand maybe-

"I'll tell him" you said, now, looking at Izuku with a serious face.

Izuku immediately snapped his head towards you "Are you sure?"

"I don't know" you said looking down "But I will tell him"

A part of you said not to. Another one said that he needed to know. You needed to tell him. So, tomorrow you would tell him. But...

Tomorrow became the day after. And the day after became a week. And that week became a whole month. You were constantly procrastinating about how to tell him instead of actually saying it. And your stress and overthinking was apparently visible because-

"Spill it" Bakugo ordered you after he got close to you with his usual grumpy face.

'Damn it' you thought. This was even more stressful now that he knew something was bothering you. He must've figured it out from the way you were fighting him.

"Spill what?" you acted clueless, of course.

"Tch" he rolled his eyes "Something's wrong with you. You've been slacking off a month now"

Bakugo knew there was something bothering you. At school you even talked to him sometimes but now you were avoiding him. For a month. Was it because of what happened that night? Did he do something you were not comfortable with? Maybe you got tired of him or something. Or maybe-

What the hell?

Since when does Bakugo care about...your feelings? He doesn't care about anyone's feelings. What is wrong with him? And since when did he notice things about you? This is ridiculous. He has a goal. And that is the only thing that matters to him. That will always matter to him. No one else.

You were neither an exception nor an impediment to his aim. He did all this to prove himself to you. Prove he is stronger and you were a threat to him.

So...why did those words of yours made him so angry?

"My parents got me into the special recommendation exam"

That exam is stupid. The kids who get accepted for that exam are the ones who don't even put up a fight to get in. They're not strong. They just have their mommies and daddies popularity and there you go, you are a U.A. student. So why?

How?

How were you able to get to that point? Your parents were normal citizens. And your quirk is not that amazing. How did you...get ahead of him?

"Bakugo...?" he heard your worried voice but didn't answer. He was just staring at you with a blank face, not reacting even a little from what you just said.

You know what? It didn't matter. He knew he was better than you, anyways. A petty little exam doesn't mean anything. He was the best. He will be the best.

"So?" he finally spoke. "Good for you. Is that really the reason you're distracted?"

"I...um...Aren't you mad or..." you said with a puzzled look.

"Heh?" he said with his smug face "I don't give a damn, bird brain"

He didn't. Because the way didn't matter. Skills and power did. And he had both so he didn't need to worry. Not that he would anyways. You were nowhere near a threat to him.

"Oh..." you said "Then I guess I was stressed over nothing"

"Yeah, you were," he said, backing away "Now come on. We still have work to do"

"Oh, yeah, right" you said and followed him. You both went to the abandoned park you used to hang out alone. He decided to race to see how far both of you had progressed in terms of speed.

After a few laps-which in Bakugo's vocabulary that translates in fifteen- you took a break. You both sat under the willow you always laid on to relax. It reminded you of when you were kids. When you are sitting alone under that same tree. When anger had taken you over so much that he had heard you.

It was nostalgic. And a little sad.

You never got to ask him what happened then.

"Hey" you were going to ask this time "Can I ask you something?"

He was sitting next to you under the willow. Just like that time. Not too far from you. Not too close either. The same spots. The same breeze. The same weather. The same hypnotic light piercing the tree's downward branches. It was as if you were taken back in time.

He blinked open his eyes and cast a sidelong glance at you. The sun moved over his profile, illuminating not just his face but also his rubin-colored eyes "You just did"

Smiling, you let out a chuckle "Can I ask you two questions then?"

"Spill it out already, would ya?" he said with a groan.

Okay. Here you go.

"We were friends as kids...Why did we stop?"

"Heh?" his face reclaimed the anger he always wears, looking in the distance. Like he was annoyed by that question. He didn't know how to respond, really "You wanted to be friends with Deku" You wanted to stay with Deku, didn't you? He tried to save you from being friends with a Quirkless nerd, but you still chose to stay with him after he warned you. So, why bother asking such an obvious question? You pushed him away yourself. You stopped. Not him "So, I got out of the way"

"Wha- I...Bakugo..." you were shocked he thought way. You were staring at him, trying to find what the hell were you supposed to say, but it was difficult to line the words in your head into a sentence.

"And I'm the bad guy now?" he scoffed "Whatever"

"Bakugo..." this was not the answer you expected to hear "you think I..." even an insult would be better than this. Then him thinking you abandoned him. You knew damn well what abandonment felt like. The last thing you wanted was for someone to feel that for you. "left you?"

"Doesn't matter what I think" he said standing up "and that doesn't matter either"

"I'm sor- "

"Don't. I don't care, anyways. We were just kids"

You kept your head down, disappointed in yourself.

Again.

Yet again, you let him down.

"Come on" he said "Let's finish for today"

You nodded. Not a single word was heard from you for the rest of the day. What exactly were you supposed to say, anyways?

***

You went home after training, without saying a word to Bakugo. He looked annoyed that you were that quiet. You went straight to bed. Didn't have the energy to take a shower or eat something. You were overthinking everything. Could you let him down even more than this? Not that he cared about it. He would say it was stupid. But not for you. You gave up on sleep so you got out of bed, wore a jacket and headed for your rooftop.

But just then, you heard someone talking downstairs. It was your mother. She was talking on the phone.

"No, she has not, miss." she said.

'It's like two in the morning. Who is she talking to?' you thought.

"We keep asking her but she hasn't remembered a thing" she said, gazing out the window. Your eyes widened a little in realization. She was talking about you. But to whom? And why give anyone information about you? Why would anyone care if you remembered anything or not? And why did they know about your amnesia in the first place?

"I know" she continued "We will find her, miss"

'Who is she talking about? And why does mom need to find "her"?'

"Trust us" you noticed her face while looking from upstairs, hidden. You didn't think you ever saw her this serious before. The way she spoke, though...Something about it felt odd. "We will bring Medea back to the commission"

A whisper slipped from your mouth "What?" and immediately covered your mouth and ran back to your room before she became aware someone was listening to her. You carefully shut your door and threw yourself to bed—quite literally—but she must have noticed you because you heard the door open again.

"Y/n?" You pretended to be asleep as believably as possible "Are you awake?" your heart was pounding so loud you were afraid she could hear it. You tried to control your breathing, while keeping your eyes shut. You heard the door close and waited to hear her footsteps-your quirk could, now, sense these things too- and once you were sure she left you got up again. Luckily, she believed you so give yourself an Oscar.

'What the hell was that?'

You were so confused. Questions were the only thing filling your head. Could this day- or rather night- get any worse? You knew something was fishy from the moment you saw their expressions the day you remembered a part of your past.

But what got your attention more, was the name she mentioned. Medea. That name felt so familiar, like you have heard it before. Maybe she's part of your lost memories. Maybe that is that little girl's name from your, now, retrieved memory you remembered months ago. It did start with the same syllable. But...

If that's the case...

Your parents would tell you if they knew something, right?

They love you like their own child. They wouldn't keep a secret something you needed to know...

Right...?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.1K 907 22
What if you were making yourself suffer to let him be happy? Y/N L/N is a first year student at UA High, the prestigious academy for heroes-in-traini...
43.8K 2.6K 65
You hadn't had the best childhood, growing up with parents that weren't really around while they worked hard to try and provide and keep a roof over...
376 3 29
What happens when Y/N, a naive girl with overpowered quirks, escapes her prison and meets Dabi? A new way of life, character growth, and love. Hawks...
23.9K 1.6K 30
You awaken one day with virtually no memories. The only thing guiding you is some strange system that likes to dictate your every move, and for some...