fated noble// crowned prince...

Por ms_kur00

THE KINGDOM DRAMA fate- predestined to happen noble- belonging to a hereditary class with high social or pol... Más

prelude
plague
mayhem
forsake
security
indignation
appalling
quisling
muddle
agony
mournful
numbing
close-knit
death-dealing
dropping

bloodshed

105 7 0
Por ms_kur00

I heard rumbling in the distance. I looked around quickly. I pulled my sickle out just in case.

I went to the walls and heard the men whisper, "Something is wrong."

...

A man riding a horse came  riding closer to the wall yelling ,"The infected are approaching!"

'How are they out in the daytime?' I thought.

In the near distance another man yelled, "Master! The monsters have arrived at Byeongseong Stream!"

I ran down the stairs to the gates and opened it for the men and closed it.

'What would you do Chang?' I thought seriously. 

'He would help save these people.'

I opened the gate again and closed it behind me. I got in my stance getting ready for the monsters. I will die protecting what was built by Lord Ahn Hyeon. 

"That is the fallback signal!" I hear a man on top yell. 

"Prepare the rope ladders now!"

Ladders were put over the wall. More men came running and started running up the ladder. The men running past me. I caught an eye on the infected. 

"The infected are here!" 

Some men took their swords out and started taking the monsters heads off. 

The men on the wall started shooting arrows at the monsters. Some of the arrows hit the monster in the head but others just hit limbs. 

I kept cutting the monsters throats. I see a man next to me get bit. I take out the monster and kill the man by cutting his throat. The men that were helping started dropping like flies. 

Some of them retreated back to the ladders. 

"Fall back!" A man on the walls yelled. 

I started walking backwards and continued taking down monsters. 

I was becoming covered in the monster's blood. 

"Run lady!!" A man screamed. 

I took one more monster down and took off running into the woods. Some monsters were running after me. 

I saw a group of men in the distance in front of me. I ran faster to them. In the corner of my eye, I saw a monster jumping at me. 

I rolled out of the way and landed right back on my feet. I continued running towards the men. 

The men pointed their swords at me. 

"Duck!" Someone yelled. I ducked my head quickly. 

The men slice their swords at the monsters. 

Once the monsters were down on the ground, I quickly caught my breath. 

"You okay Kwan?" I see the person in front of me is Chang. The men looked at me as I nodded my head. 

"We're going to seriously have a talk about you not listening to me." Chang said as I blushed but it was hard to see with the monster blood all over me. 

We continued running. I don't even know where we are going. But I was following them. Yeongshin and a few other men slid down a slope at us. We ran to a locked gate. 

"The gate is locked." A man said. 

"Form a barrier!" Chang yells. 

Men start forming a barrier. Lord Ahn Hyeon helped as well. I went to move but I had to lean against the wall. My heavy breathing was making me see black dots. 

Yeongshin quickly moved to me. 

"Are you okay Kwan?"

I shook my head at his question. 

"Did you eat or sleep?" 

I shook my head again. 

"They are coming! They are here!!" We hear a man yell. 

"I will be back. Just hang in there." 

I nodded my head and Yeongshin patted my head. 

Men were finishing their makeshift barrier and the other men were waiting to fight and four men were hacking away at the lock on the gate. 

I kept counting to the number 10. 

Chang looks over at me and sees me breathing heavily. 

"With me Kwan. In and out." As Chang said that he was breathing with me. I put my hand over his heart to feel his own heartbeat to help with my breathing. 

I nodded my head to say I'm better. 

Men gave out a warrior cry hitting the monsters. A man used a stick to keep a monster back but it broke. The man fell down with the monster on top of him. As the monster was about to bite the man, my sickle went through its neck. 

In the corner of my eye, I see Yeongshin break a wall and looked like he was having a bit of a hard time carrying the wall piece. I ran to him and carried the other end of the wall.

"OUT OF THE WAY!" Yeongshin yelled. 

We put it on top of the barrier. 

"You must hurry!" screamed Muyeong. Muyeong can see the men couldn't break the chain. He ran and said, "Out of the way!"

He put his blade and another blade through the gate lock. Hitting it with a rock. 

The gate lock finally broke. 

"Your Royal Highness! The gate is open!!" Muyeong yelled back at the group. 

"Prepare to run!" Chang yelled to the other men. 

When Muyeong pushed open the gate door, people yelled "Hurry!"

Lord Ahn Hyeon grabbed my arm and ran me to the gate with other men following behind me. 

Yeongshin being one of the last ones inside the gate. But the door wouldn't close. 

"Go inside! Now!" A man who is close to Lord Ahn Hyeon said while pushing Yeongshin inside. 

"What are you doing?" Yeongshin questioned when he saw the man closing the gate with himself outside. 

Yeongshin went to move forward but Muyeong held his arm out and said, "You cannot do this."

The man looked at his bloodied hand. I saw that he has a bite mark on his hand. The man grabbed the chains and put it around himself making the doors close with him between them. 

I looked at Lord Ahn Hyeon's face and saw the sadness seeping through his eyes. Lord Ahn Hyeon's hand slips a bit from my hand and I grab his hand and squeeze it hard. 

I look back at the man to see him put his sword through the chains and point it towards himself. 

The monsters started piling over the makeshift barrier. The whole barrier knocked over and the monsters ran to the gates door. 

The man said, "Escort Lord Ahn! Hurry!"

After he said that, Lord Ahn Hyeon grabbed my head in one hand and held it to his shoulder so I wouldn't see the scene in front of me. 

I can hear the monsters munching on the man's skin. 

The chains rattled. 

"We must go." Someone whispered.

I hear people running away. Lord Ahn Hyeon starts walking away and I walk away backwards since my head is on his shoulder. He lifts my head off his shoulder and forces me to face forwards so that I didn't have to see the scene behind me. 

"Don't be sad..." I whisper.

Lord Ahn Hyeon looks at me while we were walking through the dark tunnel and softly smiles at me.

"Don't worry about me."

When we reached the other side of the tunnel I heard someone say, "Your Highness."

When the men saw me they gasped. "Lady it's you. The one who was helping. What happened?"

Someone else said, "You told us they return to being corpses in the morning."

Chang shook his head and said, "I do not know what happened. They used to disappear when the sun came up. I am sure of it."

The men turned around when we heard the growling and groans of the monsters through the tunnel. 

Lord Ahn Hyeon let go of my hand and started walking away while saying, "The reason... is not important."

Chang grabbed my hand and pulled me away from the other. Muyeong and Yeongshin behind me. 

When we stopped, Muyeong asked me, "So what happened?"

I signed, 'Men were running from monsters at the gate and I went to help them.' 

Yeongshin translated what I had said to them. 

"But what happened before? You were breathing heavily." Chang said.

I nervously signed, 'I didn't eat yesterday. I knew the other people needed it more.'

Yeongshin translated what I had said again and then added, "What about sleep?"

'I couldn't sleep at all. I kept worrying about you guys. I was scared something happened. I don't want someone who is important to me to die.'

When Yeongshin translated again, their faces softened. 

"We are alive. You should go to sleep. We will bring you to a place to sleep and get you a bit of food." Muyeong said. I nodded my head. 

Muyeong and Yeongshin walked me to a place for me to sleep. When I got myself situated, Chang walked in and handed me bread. 

I ripped the bread in four pieces so that the four of us could eat a little. 

I gave the pieces to them and ate my piece. The sun is going down and I yawned. 

"We will let you sleep Kwan. We will be in front of the building." Chang said to me.

As they were walking away, I grabbed Yeongshin's hand. He looked back at me. 

"Stay..." I whispered to Yeonshin. My sleeve rolled up a bit and Yeonshin looked shocked at it. He didn't mention anything to me. 

He sat down next to me. 

Muyeong and Chang looked at us. 

Yeongshin said to them, "Just go outside. I will stay with her."

As Muyeong walked outside, Chang looked at us sadly and walked outside. 

"Why did you want me to stay?" Yeonshin said. 

"To talk.." I lowly said.

"What's wrong Kwan?"

I signed, 'You know how your like an older brother to me, right?'

He nodded his head.

I signed, 'Can I trust you?'

He nodded his head again.

"When I think of Chang, I have a lot of pain in my chest.." I whispered.

"Does anything else happen?"

"My face feels hot. But I feel happier when I'm near him.."

He smiled mischievously at me. I looked at him confused. 

"You like him."

I opened my mouth to say something but he continued saying, " Kwan, I mean you like like him."

I made an oh face. 

After a few moments of silence I said lowly, "I want to talk again."

He smiled and pulled me into a hug. I giggled at how happy he looked. 

"Can you wait for me to sleep before you go outside.." I said to Yeongshin. 

He nodded his head and patted my head. I closed my eyes but I couldn't go to dreamland. 

I think Yeongshin knew I was having a hard time falling asleep because Yeongshin started softly humming.

His soft humming lulls me to sleep. 

As I was about to blackout from sleep, I heard Yeongshin say, "Sleep tight."

I knocked out after that.

...

"FIRE!!" I hear someone yell. 

I gasp awake when I smell something burning. 

I jumped up and ran out of the door.

I realise nobody is outside like they said they'd be. 

I ran to the commotion. 

Since I'm close to the burning building, I see a figure in the fire. 

I ran into the fire trying to get the figure out. 

The heat burning my skin. The smoke of the fire going into my lungs. 

I felt like I was suffocating. 

I use one hand to cover my nose. 

The wood creaked and I see the figure standing underneath it. 

I grabbed their arm which burned me and pulled them towards me. The wood that creaked collapsed and the figure is on top of me. 

The figure got off of me. I quickly get up and keep my hold on their arm. I ran towards the entrance of the building. 

Water hit me as I ran out of the burning building. I see that the person I saved is an older male. He moved towards the crowd. I collapsed on the ground. 

I shivered from the cold. I gasped for air. My teeth chattered. My eyes met Chang's as he ran through the crowd.

He runs to me and kneels down. He grabs my arms and lifts me up so that I'm on his back. 

My arms went around his shoulders. I shook from the cold. Chang piggyback's me so that I'm not laying on the dirty ground. 

I see two guards yelling. One of the guards kicks the other guard so that he was on the ground. The guard pointed his sword at the guard on the ground. 

I heard someone in the crowd yell something but it didn't meet my ears. Chang turns so that we were facing the man I saved. The man started crying and kneeled down. He then pointed at me.

'Why did he point at me?'

Then the man said something making everybody look sad. Chang looks in Lord Ahn Hyeon's direction. 

After the commotion died down, Chang ran with me on his back towards Lord Ahn Hyeon's residence. 

I was doing everything in my power to not hear what the men were talking about which worked because I was focused on a lady bandaging  my arms and hands. 

The lady cut my sleeve so that it wouldn't irritate my wounds. 

The lady then left me. 

I see Chang walking out and I walked after. 

"Where are you going?"

"Mungyeong Saejae." He answered back. 

"I'm going with you."

"No you're not."

"I'm going with you Chang. You can't change my mind." 

"You will not leave my side then." Chang said. 

I went back to the building I was asleep in. Muyeong came by and handed me black clothing. 

"Your Highness said to give this to you." Muyeong said. 

"Thank you Muyeong." I smiled at him. 

He gasped and dropped the clothing on the floor pulling me into a hug. 

"Your speaking!" 

"I decided to speak."

He let me go and said, "I will leave you to change."

He walked out of the door. 

I quickly changed into the black clothing. The sleeves on the shirt were cut revealing my bandaged arms. My sickle still by my side.

I ran out and went to find Chang. 

I saw them at the entrance of the tunnel. 

"Let's go." Chang said when he saw I was here.

We walked through the tunnel with a stick lite on fire. 

We made it to the man that is chained to the gate. Lord Ahn Hyeon took the man's sword out of its place. Making the chains fall as well as the man. Ahn Hyeon grabbed the man and put him near the wall. 

Peacefully laying him down with a mat under the man. He took the man's hat off and laid it next to his head. Lord Ahn Hyeon then covered the man up and got up from his kneeling position. 

"Put out your fires now." Muyeong said. 

They put the fires out on the puddle of water on the ground. 

As we passed the gate, we start running to Mungyeong Saejae.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

57.1K 3.3K 34
There is something rotten in the Jung Kingdom. *** Taeyong is sent away from his kingdom in or...
10.3K 506 40
What happens when eight boys meet through the hands of fate When all of them are drowning in memories of the past Struggling to survive the maze know...
50.9K 2K 28
*𝓜𝔂 𝓑𝓲𝓰 𝓑𝓻𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻* Yeosang had a pretty bad life. His mother passed away when he was still young, his father was practically non-existent...
154K 11K 107
two years ago the world found itself being emerged with death and violence, humans transformed into dangerous creatures with hunger for flesh, killin...