Rise of Kings and Queens

By lobo1989

The year is 0026 in the United World Century. Esme Cyr and her squad are the new world military leaders. Thei... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Epilogue

Chapter 34

6 3 0
By lobo1989

IS LUAN DLAMINI A BRODIE NOBLE SYMPATHIZER?

By L.M.Taurus

10/1/0028 UWC

39 hours before headline

Luan couldn't believe his eyes as he looked out the window at the man giving a speech outside the Mexican embassy in Haiti. He was so shocked by the sight he didn't hear someone call out his name.

"Luan," repeated Kara as she tapped his shoulder.

"Huh," he said, turning to face the five other world military leaders. Behind him were Kara, Irma, Ji-hun, Leonie and Esme. "What did I miss?" he asked.

"You'll be in charge of looking after Brodie Noble," ordered Esme.

"What? Why me? I don't even like that guy."

"Because you have the best relationship with that guy."

"Don't look so bummed," said Irma. "I'm stuck looking after President Delfina."

"You at least have her royal guards looking after her as well," said Luan. "If I'm put on babysitting duties with Brodie, I'm actually going to have to babysit him."

"I wouldn't stress it," said Ji-hun. "Brodie Noble has similar interests as Dependency. I doubt they would try to harm him."

"Even more reason not to be happy with my job. I'm going to be far away from the action."

"Enough," said Esme. "There's a serious threat to today's event. We have intel that Dependency could attack. I need everyone on high alert."

"I know. Sorry for the push back," said Luan as he turned to look outside at Brodie. "I just can't believe he picked today of all days to protest here."

"Are we sure that man isn't part of Dependency?" asked Leonie.

"There's nothing we can find connecting the two," said Esme. "But his protest today is convenient."

"If there is an attack, maybe I should take the opportunity to take him out as well," said Luan. "Blame it on Dependency."

"Don't even joke about that."

Luan turned to face his squadmates. "You have to admit, that man has caused our reign a lot of difficulty."

"Maybe, but it's part of the territory."

There was a knock at the door.

"Yes," called out Esme.

The door opened and Aracely entered. "Delfina is ready."

Kara glared at Aracely but she ignored her.

"Alright," said Esme. "Everyone has their orders. Irma, you can go ahead with Aracely."

"Yes ma'am," said Irma as she went to Aracely's side. Aracely gave Esme a nod and the two women left.

"I don't trust that woman," said Kara.

"Today, we are all on the same side," said Esme. "But that doesn't mean we don't watch our backs. Everyone understands that?"

"Yes ma'am," said the rest of the squad. "Then let us go."

****

Luan went to the back of the stage as he watched Brodie Noble give his speech to a crowd that was half supportive, half opposed. Luan crossed his arms and leaned back on the wall of the building as Brodie finished his speech.

"Thank you for your time," he said. A slipper flew towards him as he ducked out of the way. Some of the crowd laughed as he played it off and got off stage.

"Close one there," said Luan as Brodie came to him.

"Mr. Dlamini," said Brodie. "What brings you here today?"

"I'm here to look after you," said Luan as he got off the wall.

"You're doing a poor job. Did you not see that person who tried to attack me?"

"I'm more worried about people with a different type of weapon than a slipper."

"Is there something else going on that I don't know about? Has someone threatened my life? I've been getting death threats lately."

"Is that so?" Luan noticed Delfina and her people were approaching the stage. "Let's get out of here. The President is coming up to counter your points."

Brodie turned to see Delfina entering the opposite end of the back stage. He was about to approach her when Luan grabbed his arm.

"What do you think you're doing?" asked Luan.

"I want to have a conversation with her before she goes up," answered Brodie.

"Not gonna happen. Her men are going to stop you before you even utter a word to her." Luan pulled Brodie back. "Now let's get out of here."

"Instead of pulling me away, you can help get close to her," said Brodie.

Luan looked at Brodie as if he was stupid. "Why would I do that?"

"Because if I can convince her to pay back what we spent on helping the refugees, we can stop all of these protests and continue on with our lives."

"You think she'll agree to something like that," exclaimed Luan. "Your country volunteered to help the refugees and now you want to charge them for the help."

Brodie shrugged Luan's arm off. "First of all, my country volunteered to help with the money of the people who didn't agree to that. Second, it was Mexico's responsibility to have helped those refugees. They had plenty of space to help them, but they let the rest of the world pick up their slack."

Luan frowned. "I think you should be protesting in your own country and the capital of Mexico, not here in Haiti."

"The leader of Mexico is currently in Haiti so here I am, and I have been protesting in my country."

Aracely and Irma walked over to Luan and Brodie. Aracely stood right in front of Brodie. "Leave now," she demanded. "Before I remove you."

"We're going," said Luan as he grabbed Brodie by the arm and pulled him away.

"What are you doing?" said Brodie. "You're supposed to be protecting me."

"That's exactly what I'm doing," said Luan as they moved away from the protest. "That woman will cut you in half if given a reason." They passed Jacmel who gave Brodie a dirty look. Brodie stared back at him.

A cannon blast went off causing Luan and Brodie to drop. Luan looked up and saw the blast had hit the stage. He looked and found that Irma was alright. He turned to the crowd and tried to figure out where the cannon blast came from.

Another blast went off and the crowd scattered. There was chaos and people were falling over each other. There was a crowd heading towards them.

Luan grabbed Brodie and rushed him away. He pulled Brodie into the street and away from the building and the protest.

"Why are you taking me over here?" asked Brodie as he got pulled away. "Shouldn't we be retreating into the building."

"That building is the target," said Luan. "We need to get as far away from it as possible."

Luan stopped when he saw a woman wearing an Agent of Dependency running between the buildings. He debated going after her, but he had Brodie to look after.

"What are you doing?" asked Brodie.

"I'm thinking," said Luan as he looked at his surroundings. He looked for a place where Brodie could hide, but he wasn't sure if he truly would be safe.

Luan could hear the fighting in the distance then remembered there were five world military leaders, multiple world military soldiers, and the Mexican royal guards. They were going to be fine without him.

"Let's get you to safety," said Luan as he walked ahead.

"Luan," called out a woman from an alley.

Luan stopped and stood in front of Brodie. Out of the alley came out two women. One was wearing a blue and red armor and the other woman had a cloak on. Luan pulled his armor off to reveal his own armor.

"Wait Luan," said the woman with the cloak. "Don't you recognize me?" She took her hood off.

"Esterline," exclaimed Luan. "What are you doing here?"

"Same thing as you," she said. "I'm here to protect Haiti from people like him." She pointed at Brodie. "Give him up. We'll take it from here."

"You'll take what from here?" asked Luan.

"You and I both know what a threat that man is," said Esterline. "He's probably in charge of Dependency."

"He's not," said Luan.

"It doesn't matter if he is. Dependency has clearly taken inspiration from his speeches. He's just as guilty as them."

"Even if that's true, I can't just hand him over to you. I don't know what you're planning here but I recommend you walk away."

"And let you leave with that man," said Esterline. "That's not going to happen."

"Walk away!" yelled Luan. "I'm not going to repeat myself."

"So be it," said Esterline. "Allegra, go."

Allegra, wearing her armor, rushed in as she pulled out her sword. Luan used his shield to block the attack. Allegra held her sword down on the shield as she aimed her arm-cannon at Brodie. She was about to blast as Luan pushed forward. The blast went off but missed Brodie.

Luan looked back at Brodie. "Run!"

Brodie took off running, but Esterline went after him.

Luan and Allegra exchanged blows, neither of them connecting a clean shot. Luan tried to keep his sight on Brodie and Esterline, but they were getting away. Allegra saw an opportunity to strike and aimed her arm-cannon at Luan. Luan raised his shield just in time for it to take the impact of the blast.

The blast sent Luan crashing into a store front. He was under a bunch of debris, but he didn't sustain any serious injuries. His shield was shattered so he dropped it to the side. Luan got back on his feet and climbed out of the building.

There was no sight of Allegra or the others. Luan got into a steady jog as he went in the direction he last saw Brodie. There was no sign of them until another cannon blast was heard nearby. He went full speed and found them standing over Brodie.

Allegra held her sword over Brodie as he pleaded for his life. A crowd gathered around and watched. She was about to bring down her sword when Luan went into a full sprint and threw his sword at her. The sword struck Allegra in the shoulder before she could cut down Brodie. Luan reached them and kicked Allegra back and pulled Brodie behind himself.

The crowd watched as a defenseless Luan stood guard over Brodie. Across from him was Esterline and Allegra, who had Luan's sword stabbed in her shoulder. Allegra still had her sword and arm-cannon.

"What are you going to do, Esterline?" asked Luan. "Are you going to assassinate me and Brodie in front of these people?"

"Exactly," said Allegra as she took a step forward.

"Stop," said Esterline.

"Why?"

"That man tried to help our people."

"Now he's defending the person who hurt us the most. He's made his choice."

"Not in front of these people," said Esterline.

"Who cares?" said Allegra as she aimed her arm-cannon at Luan.

"I said no. You fired that weapon now, at a defenseless man and you'll look like the bad guy."

"Our people will know who I am. They'll know I'm the good one and I did this for them."

"They'll know you killed one of the people who did everything in his power to help us," said Esterline. "Luan Dlamini was seen in refugee shelters helping our people. You kill him in cold blood and we lose all of their support."

"Ugh," said Allegra as she brought down her arm-cannon. "Remember," she said to Luan. "I beat you once. I'll do it again if you get in my way."

Luan let out a deep breath as Allegra and Esterline left through the crowd.

"Thank you," said Brodie.

Luan had no words for Brodie. He still couldn't believe he almost died protecting this douchebag. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

927 93 20
(Samira goes towards her kitchen window to see... but was not able to do so she went upstairs to her bedroom and sees that Soldiers are here from the...
362 54 27
"You don't know how strong you are, until strength is the only choice you have."~Google In the world of bombs and shootings, in a corrupt world, ther...
1.7K 290 40
The year is 2117. The United States, up to this point, has been through three major World Wars. After World War III, the country didn't get much time...
3.9K 232 30
100 years ago, amidst WW3's nuclear bombing, a deadly virus was released in the atmosphere and nearly wiping out the humanity. It lives inside the hu...