DANCING AFTER DEATH - kol mik...

By tobzka

(DISCONTINUED) PLEASE FIND OTHER VERSION (V 2.0, REALLY) ON MY OTHER PROFILE @inkboundsecrets THIS ONE IS DIS... More

~ PROLOGUE ~
~ DANCING AFTER DEATH ~
~ CAST ~
~ SOUNDTRACK & GRAPHICS ~
~ BOOK 1; CASPER THE FRIENDLY GHOST ~
~ ACT I; ILOMILO ~
01: Haunting Lonliness
02: Vampire? Bon Jovi?
03: It Was A Reflex
04: It Won't End Well
05: Je Promets
06: It Only Gets Freakier From Here
07: Oh... Oh Shit
08: We Were Kids
09: What Did He Do Now
10: Well Thats Not Concerning At All
11: Doesnt Mean You Cant Be My Dirty Mistress
12: Timeless Abyss
13: But It Didnt Mean It Didnt Hurt
14: For In Death, She Is King
15: We'll See Each Other Again, I Am Sure Of It
16: New Orleans & Voicemails
17: Remind Me Never To Piss You Off
18: Thats Actually Moderately Healthy
19: Birthday Boy
20: Founders Day
21: Ghost Things
22: Can You Hold My Hand?
~ ACT II; REVENGE ~
23: You. Owe. Me.
25: If You're Not A Price... What Are You?
26: Elena Needs To Die
27: See What You Did?
28: Let It Burn Them Alive
29: Always and Forever Pt. 1
UPDATE :)

24: The World and its Petty Vendetta Against Eva

583 29 18
By tobzka

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

𝑎 𝑡𝑦𝑝𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒
𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑏𝑜𝑡ℎ 𝑜𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒
𝑖𝑠 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑡ℎ 𝑓𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑓𝑜𝑟,
𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛 𝑖𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒
𝑓𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑝𝑒𝑜𝑝𝑙𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑐𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡
~ ᴍᴇ, ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ, ʙᴄ ɪᴍ ᴀ ᴘᴏᴇᴛ :)

ᴇᴠᴇʀɢʀᴇᴇɴ-ʀᴏsᴇ ᴘᴏᴠ

━━━ THE CURSE OF THE SUN AND MOON written by TK

The Curse of the Sun and the Moon, also known as The Sun and Moon Curse, is a myth, a legend that has been translated and transformed from many different cultures dating back hundreds of years. They all illustrate and describe the same information: one thousand years ago, a Shaman placed a spell upon the creatures of the night, enslaving them to their relative curses—the Sun for the undead, and the Moon for the cursed.

With heavy eyes I turned the page of the book, most of it full of different illustrations of the tablets, paintings, carvings, scrolls and other things the legend of the Sun and Moon Curse was depicted on. Aztec Sketches, Roman Parchments, African tribal etchings, the lists went on and on. Fables, myths, ancient children's stories.

I took a sip of coffee, turning over the page and rubbing my eyes harshly before continuing to read.

First records of The Sun and Moon Curse originated one thousand years ago, alongside the realization that creatures such as vampires walked among us. The Curse of the Sun and Moon is widely known within witch circles, many covens over the centuries enslaved by creatures of the night, tasked with finding the ingredients used to break it.

A large, unique pale Moonstone used to bind curse was rumoured to have belonged to the Alpha of the pack that is today known as the North East Atlantic Pack, located in the New Orleans Bayou. It is said that the Alpha of the pack one thousand years ago fell in love with a witch of a neighbouring village, and he gifted it to her with the hopes of one day being married. It was a symbol of hope that she would remove herself from a marriage she was condemned to with a violent, unforgiving warrior.

From there, little is depicted in the records of how the legendary Moonstone fell into the hands of the unnamed Roman Shaman, and his motives were not scribed. However, it was decreed that only the sacrifice of a creature of the night, a man that turns into a beast, and a reoccurring woman, also known as a doppelganger (must be human), will undo the effects of the curse.

The spell, and it's undoing, is said to be contained within the shaman's grimoire, which had been gifted to the witch in exchange for the stone. The location of the grimoire is currently unknown, many fakes being used as a source of income over the centuries during auctions. Fakes have also been rumoured to appear on the Dark Web, a potential area in which warlocks and witches alike use to share dark magic spells, the path of Expression, sacrifice rituals and other abilities that are considered by the wider community to be unethical and unnatural.

"This literally makes no sense," I mumbled, rereading small sections of it to see that, indeed, the information was read correctly, before sifting through the piles of paper, and books and grimoires on my desk. "Any spirits still awake?" I called out, making the flame flicker. "I could do with a second opinion if you're up for it."

In front of the old wooden desk, only Joey and Henrik appeared, looking towards me with unimpressed expressions. Ignoring this, I shoved the book in their direction, watching for their reactions.

To my complete and utter surprise, Henrik paled, like he was sick, and Joey sent him a look that communicated confusion, the exact emotion I was feeling.

Why had the spell caused such a reaction from him?

"Uhh, what are you confused about?" Henrik chuckled, looking up from the page. "It says it right there. The Sun and Moon Curse, werewolves and vampires, a shaman—"

"Exactly, that's my point," I sighed softly, flipping through the pages and running my fingers through my hair. "Don't shaman's mostly focus on necromancy? What the hell was one doing with a curse like that? Especially one to do with vampires and werewolves—who shamans are known to avidly avoid?

"A—and the curse of the Sun and the Moon suggests had the ability to shift at will naturally, which is bullshit. Werewolves, from all known historical records, are cursed. Blood cursed, and not from a freaking Moonstone!"

I shuffled through the countless papers on the desk, almost obsessively, before finding the right one.

"Werewolves never had a genetic ability to shift. And it couldn't have been exploited and cursed to the moon because they never had it in the first place," I slammed the book on the desk as it opened on the right page. "This book illustrates the Moonstone and it's meaning and significance in different cultures around the world. The Romans once believed it was from the Moon Goddess Diana, in India they believed it meant good luck, in Hindu they believed it was made out of the ethereal light from the moon and that it meant better dreams. In almost every single culture it meant something to do with the calmness of mind. Prophetic shit, you know?"

I didn't notice the panic written across Henrik's face.

"The Greeks, however, called the Moonstone Aphroselene. A combination of the Goddess of Love, Aphrodite and the Goddess of the Moon, Selena. But, now, you wanna know what the Moonstone is now known as? Today?"

Henrik glanced at Joey.

"Hecotalite.

"And Hecotalite, Moonstone, shatters moonlight, right? So, if anything, the Moonstone would be used to stop a werewolf transformation. What I don't understand is why a vampire comes into play, or how the spell has spanned over centuries without faltering. Maybe a bloodline figured out how to stop transformations throughout generations?"

My eyes widened. "Maybe this could help Tyler! You know, I could link him to the Moonstone, and he doesn't transform anymore! But... why is dopp—"

Wait.

"Oh my god," I whispered in horrific realisation. "Elena—"

My eyes went wide. "Shit, shit, shit, shit, no."

I shuffled through the papers before finding another one on the curse.

The effects of The Sun and Moon Curse, once broken, depend on the creature breaking it. If broken by the werewolves, they will have the ability to turn at will, and the vampires will be subjected to a life underneath the Curse of the Sun. However, if the vampires break the curse, the Curse of the Sun will be no more, and werewolves will have no chance to break their Moon Curse.
The specific requirements include a vampire of unspecified age, a werewolf of an unspecified bloodline and a Petrova doppelganger.

"Petrova doppelganger, human copy, woman who appears countless of times throughout the centuries..."

A doppelganger, in every text, and every translation, was needed.

Elena was needed.

Elena needed to die.

"This is a bunch of bullshit!" I slammed the books down, running my fingers frantically through my hair. "Curses don't work like that! It's not like a vampire can freaking break a curse it has to be a witch! This makes no sense!"

I turned around, only to find Henrik and Joey gone.

"Wonderful," I muttered, turning towards the texts again. "Just wonderful."

I sat back down again on the chair, tying my hair up behind my head, marking down the pages of interest. Information on the doppelganger (which there was barely any), the moonstone, werewolf curses. I tossed the moonstone from one hand to the other, the weight of it in my hand feeling oddly comforting, like I was meant to have it.

A fake copy of it sat on the table, an echo of the lie I told Tyler, laying there as a torment.

They came back almost ten minutes later, Joey wearing an uneasy expression. We didn't talk for a few minutes, the swaying of the house and the howling of the wind being the only disturbance of the silence.

"What are you doing?" Henrik questioned casually, but there was an air of tightness to it, almost suffocating. I didn't question it, figuring it to be a result of the argument that had obviously occurred between the couple.

I should have questioned it.

"Augustine," I frowned, searching through the papers. Nothing detailed anything about something called Augustine nor someone called Lorenzo. Griffin had never mentioned anything of the sort before, and considering the memories only surfaced when his compulsion was tampered with, it suggested that a vampire had suppressed them.

Lorenzo. That was my best guess.

"Shouldn't you get some sleep?" Joey questioned, worry circling his eyes as I yawned. I remember the weight that had rested behind my eyes constantly, the aching of my joints, the tiredness in my bones, but I simply shook my head.

"I'm okay," I muttered, frowning towards the many papers spread out in front of me. "I still have to research rippers, and this necromancer guy, see what he can do. I probably won't get any sleep for the night."

"Or tomorrow," Joey sat down on the corner of the desk, cross legged on top of all my papers, prompting a look from me. "Or the next day. Or the next. Or, you know, forever. The necromancer is a myth. A story, a fable. There's nothing—"

"Actually that might not be true," Henrik gave Joey a look, who looked towards his boyfriend with a glare. "The necromancer myth was seen as almost reality, when I was younger. The stories were told as if he were actually based on a true story. My mother believed him to be real. It wasn't until about the thirteenth century that no one did anymore."

"Exactly," I said. "Afterall, isn't that exactly what most humans would argue about vampires, werewolves and witches?"

Joey looked at me in sad defeat. "Shouldn't—shouldn't this prophecy thing be your priority? 'Nothing compares to the carnage her existence will bring', don't you want to figure out what the hell that means? Maybe who drew you?"

"It's pretty obvious what it means Joey."

His mouth dropped open, and his eyebrows rose and I shrugged, missing the glare Henrik sent Joey's way.

"What? It doesn't matter, it's not like it's going to happen. I'm not going to murder anybody."

"What if it would bring Sammy back?"

There was a cold, cold silence.

"It won't."

"But what if it could?"

"It won't, Joey."

"Hypothetically."

"I don't know!" I yelled, and the candle upon the table flickered harshly as I stood up, the chair I was seated upon crashed to the floor, echoing throughout the house. "I don't know, okay?"

He looked disgusted.

"Who the hell are you?"

Henrik glanced towards his boyfriend worriedly. "Babe—"

"No," Joey cut off his boyfriend's warning. "No, let me speak. Mass sacrifice, are you kidding me Everly?"

I didn't answer, the glare on my face seemingly permanent.

"That's—that's murder, and Expression. That's the worst of the worst magic. What would Sam think?"

There was a cold silence.

"Shut up Joey."

"Seriously?" he pressed urgently. "Did you ever think of that? You're doing all of this shit for him, but when you're done will he even recognise you? Because I can't right now."

"It's my job to look after him," I snapped. "and I don't care if he doesn't love me, I care if he's happy. If he's safe."

"No, it was your job to look after him," Joey said softly and I looked away, hot tears lining my eyes that I blinked away. "You loved him, and you took care of him, and you were such a wonderful sister. One of the best."

I blinked away furious tears that made their way into my eyes, letting out a shaky breath.

"But now, you do have a job. You need to grant him peace and let yourself grieve. There are worse things than death, Everly, you know that."

"He had so much left, Joey," I said, my voice breaking. "I'm not just going to let him rot! He's my family!"

"So were we, I thought."

Joey slid off the table and looked at me with sadness swirling in his eyes. Something had shifted in our relationship, something detrimental. Something sacred. I knew it was me, I was the one shattering our friendship, but I couldn't allow him to just stop me.

He shook his head softly and looked away.

"God, he would be so disappointed in you."

Henrik's wide eyes found his boyfriends, his mouth partially open as he looked towards him in disbelief.

"Get out."

He stayed.

"Get out Joey."

"Get some sleep, Everly," he gave me a sad smile.

"Get OUT Joey!" I screamed, shoving all the papers off the desk towards him, the candle catching them alight as they fell to the ground. He flinched softly, but didn't move. "For God's sake LEAVE ME ALONE!"

He stepped backwards before disappearing.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

"Katherine's running from someone," Stefan's voice played through the speaker of my phone as I slung my bag over my shoulder, my hair plaited into a short braid in order to disguise it of any tangles. "Not sure who, but she is."

"Interesting," I said as I closed the door behind me, bidding a few of the waving Bennett ghosts goodbye with a soft smile. "You think that's why she's back? Whoever it was, found her?"

"Maybe," Stefan mumbled. "Also, I went by your house the other day, and you weren't there."

I grimaced softly, not having prepared myself for such a conversation.

"Uh, yeah. Yeah I moved out a little while ago."

There was a soft silence.

"Are you okay? I mean, is something going on?"

"No, Stefan," I smiled softly, climbing into Sean's car, placing my phone and bag on the seat beside me. "I'm just a little busy. Have you talked to Caroline?"

I could tell he was frowning on the other end of the phone.

"No."

"Oh," I frowned, confused at his abrupt answer. "Well, if you do, tell her to give me a call. Also, I'm heading over to the Lockwood's first thing, so I might be late for the volunteer picnic thing."

"No, no, that's okay," Stefan hurried. "Take as much time as you need. I'll see you later."

He hung up, and as I drove along the streets of Mystic Falls, I frowned, confusion filling me on what on earth was wrong with him.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

"—I'll kill anything in my path."

Knocking on the door awkwardly, I poked my head through, making both Tyler, Mason and Felix look at me awkwardly.

"Uh, hey," I waved to the two visitors. "Good to see you both. Ty, can I talk to you for a moment?"

He nodded, looking towards Mason and Felix weirdly before standing up from the corner of the couch heading towards me. I opened the door slightly further for him and when he walked through it, I followed him, closing the door behind us.

"Hey, do you–"

I put my finger up to my lips to silence him, and he looked at me confusedly. I gave him a look before showing him the moonstone. His face shone in recognition but he still frowned and I rolled my eyes before tapping my ear, and he finally nodded in realisation.

"He just..." Tyler looked behind him to the room where Mason was telling him a story. "He just told me how he triggered his curse. Eva... he killed a friend of his. I can't... I can't do that. I can't do this, I can't be a wolf, ever."

"Ty..." I didn't know how to tell him. There was almost no escaping the werewolf curse, Richard Lockwood being one of the incredibly rare exceptions.

It was a curse, after all.

"I know, I know," he sighed, closing his eyes as he pocketed the moonstone. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't... burden you with this. They're my problems."

"It's okay Ty," I smiled softly. "Really."

He nodded and looked back towards the door. "Well... Mason's probably wanting me, so..."

"Yeah. I'll see you at the volunteer thing, Ty?"

"Maybe."

He nodded and walked back into the room, and I stared after him, worried.

"That was incredibly ingenious of you," Lexi's voice echoed and I looked towards her, frowning.

"It had to be done."

"You're not feeling guilty for lying to him?" Rue questioned from beside her.

"The moonstone is so much more powerful than what any of the Lockwood's even know," I said simply, sliding out the real moonstone from my back pocket. "And darker. It's a danger to everyone if it stays with them."

I turned towards them, my expression wiped of almost any emotion.

"Of course I don't feel guilty about it."

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

"I can't believe Tyler Lockwood is a werewolf," Jeremy's voice played over the speaker of my phone, and I locked the door behind me, smiling and waving to a child Bennett ghost. Her name was Jamieson, having died during the witch roundup back in the 1800s. She had died so young, the least I could do was offer her some company.

"We're not sure about that yet," Elena chastised her brother over the phone, "the only thing we know for sure is that Mason Lockwood is."

"Well, Eva would know, wouldn't you?"

I sighed over the phone as I rummaged through my luggage, lifting up a black turtle neck that I shrugged, believing it to be a fine choice for the picnic.

"You should wear the dress," Jamieson pointed out innocently, and I followed her gaze to a floral dress that I had picked out for a date I was going to go on with Rue. I had never worn it, and after I got attacked by the wolf, I had always been too insecure to wear it. "It would look pretty on you."

I smiled softly, lifting it up as I scrutinised it. "You think so?"
She nodded with a grin, and I shrugged before hanging it over my arm. "Only because you said Jamie," I told her with a smile and she grinned before leaving the room for me to change.

"Eva has refused to tell us anything about the Lockwood's," Elena said to her brother. "And not that I blame you," Elena added towards me, "Tyler is basically your family, I don't expect anything from you."

"Don't you mean we don't expect anything from her?" Jeremy questioned his sister, and I could hear her sigh from over the phone as I slipped the dress on, buttoning up the front of it.

"No, Jeremy, I mean me," Elena said, "I said I wouldn't keep things from you anymore, that doesn't mean that I want you involved."

"By definition of being in this family I'm involved."

I rolled my eyes over the phone. "Please tell me you're not showing off that Gilbert ring on your finger, Remy."

"Oh, he totally is."

"That ring, Jeremy?" I said as I packed my bag full of paint cans. "It's not going to protect you from everything. A vampire who's aware of it could easily slip it off your finger and a witch familiar with Bennett magic could disable it within seconds. Plus, what is Jenna? Chopped liver?"

"We don't tell Jenna because that protects her, and she's already overwhe–"

"Exactly, Jeremy," I smiled as I slung the bag over my shoulder. "That's exactly what we're trying to do too. Protect you. I'll see you guys at the volunteer thing, yeah?"

"Yeah," Elena said softly, and I hung up before looking towards myself in a mirror, scrutinizing everything that wasn't perfect.
"You know what," I said to myself shaking my head, "I don't have time to care about my looks."

I turned away from it and headed towards the front door.

"Too busy saving these idiots from killing themselves."

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

"This is all part of the Historical Society's continuing efforts to give back to the community," Mrs Lockwoods voice rang out over the speaker phone she was using. Around me, about one hundred volunteers were mowing lawns, building benches and painting walls as we refurbished the park. "Thanks to the generous donation of the Fell family, we are now standing on the site of our newest public park. Thank you to everyone who has shown up today to lend a helping hand. Thanks."

Everyone around us clapped and I did too, for a short moment, before turning back to the wall I had been 'gifted' by Mrs Lockwood to paint. She had let me have free reign, thank god, and I hadn't really talked to anyone the entire time, listening to Joker and the Thief by Wolfmother.

I sat on my knees as I painted one of the lower flowers, using a mix of pinks and yellows.

"Why was Henrik so weird yesterday?" I questioned out loud, turning around and taking out one of my earbuds, looking towards Joey that was seated on a newly painted park bench. We pretended as if we had not had one of our worst arguments the night before, and ignored the slight annoyance we felt towards each other.

"Don't worry about it," he smiled sadly, but he looked worried and tired. As if he hadn't slept for weeks although it shouldn't have, considering he was dead.

"Are you okay?" I questioned worriedly, and he looked towards me, as if I had knocked him out of a daze.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," he muttered softly, rubbing his eyes with the heels of his hands. "It's just... Henry and I have been together for ten years. Known each other for eighteen years and we've never had a fight. There's been no reason to... you know? But now..."

He shook his head, quickly wiping tears from his eyes as he cleared his throat, and I stared at him concernedly, waiting for him to continue.

"We're having a difference of opinions," he explained ominously. "We both have different sets of morals. I've never cared for my family, not really. He's my family, but he cares so much about his blood relations despite them being monsters for over a millennia. And, in order to protect my friends... my family... I have to put his at risk. But I can't lose him Eva, he's my everything. A tether to my sanity that seems to slip every second I'm in this godforsaken place.

"So, here I am, left with a choice. A morally ambiguous choice and I don't know what the hell to do."

I put the paint brush down and wiped my hands on my legs, smearing paint on them considering I didn't have an art apron, and I turned to face him fully, deciding to cross my legs considering they were aching from sitting up for so long.

I looked towards him for a moment. Despite being years older than me, he looked like a child. A lost child who was trying to make sense of everything.

He looked so sad.

"If I was you?" I said softly, and he looked up towards me, his eyes bloodshot from suppressed tears. "I would choose him."

He looked shocked.

"Choose... him? But–"

"A type of love like the one the both of you share..." I tried to think of a way to phrase what I was thinking. "It's unique. And it comes around once in a lifetime–if that. Choose him. You can make new friends, create a new family, but a type of love like the love the both of you share is something to fight for. Even if you're fighting people you care about."

He looked towards me for a second before nodding hesitantly.

"And... I'm not dumb, you know? I know the friends you have, and if it's me you're 'betraying'..."

He paled.

"I'm sure I'll understand."

He breathed out slowly, and looked towards me gratefully with tears in his eyes.

"I really wish I could hug you right now."

I simply winked, before turning back to the painting.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

Finishing up on the first layer of painting, I abandoned it for a moment, deciding to take an hour or so to stretch my legs, let the paint dry a bit and walk around the new park. It wasn't too shabby, the residents of Mystic Falls actually having talent in some things, but as I turned to head to the snack table, I saw Mason standing near the boot of his car, talking to Stefan.

"Oh, god," I muttered before making my way towards them.

"-made that same offer to your brother," I heard Mason say towards Stefan, hostility lacing his voice as he pointed towards his face. "He turned it down. With a knife."

"He made a mistake," Stefan insisted simply. "And I'm here to make sure that neither one of you make another one."

Mason looked towards Stefan like he was the stupidest thing to walk the planet earth.

"Tell your brother to watch his back."

Mason made to leave, but I watched as Stefan's face briefly contorted into annoyance before he turned back around, harshly grabbing onto Mason's arm and turning him back around.

"I'm guessing that he only has to worry about that during a full moon, otherwise you're not strong. Am I right? Otherwise you would've killed Damon by now. There's one of you, there's two of us. I think you're the one that needs to watch his back."

"Actually, Stefan," I said, as I walked up to them, a bittersweet smile on my face. "Damon has to worry about himself all the time. Mason here may not be a wolf everyday but I am a witch with a thousand years worth of Bennett's backing me up. So, I suggest you let go of his arm."

Stefan looked towards me for a moment before letting go of Mason's arm, and Mason sent me a look mixed with annoyance and gratitude, as if he were trying to say I could've done that myself, but thanks. He then walked away whilst I turned to Stefan with a glare.

"Ever–"

"What the hell is wrong with you?!"

"He's a threat," Stefan attempted to reason. "He's–"

"Cursed," I interrupted. "Cursed with something that he can't control. I repeat– he has done nothing to hurt you. No attack made consciously, no action to warrant this hostility. He is here for his nephew's who lost someone dearly to them, not to start a war. Back off."

"He'll kill Damon."

"Wolves mark people, or vampires, that are a threat to them," I explained. "If Damon's gotten himself marked, that means it isn't for no reason. He's done something to provoke them."

"So you'd just let him die?"

"You can be unmarked, dumbass," I glared. "Just leave them the hell alone. They didn't ask for this, just like you didn't ask Katherine to slip you vampire blood. They're trying to make light out of a crappy situation and trying to do their best with what they've been given. They don't need you, or Damon, being dicks and threatening them for no reason. Their life is hard enough as it is and we don't need another enemy when we're already dealing with Katherine."

With that I shook my head and turned around, ultimately deciding that going back to my painting and staying away from people for the rest of my life would probably be better than the stress they put me under.

I couldn't do that, to my utter disappointment, and instead settled with listening to music and ignoring everyone who came up to me to speak.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

Blasting Little Lion Man by Mumford & Sons, I hummed to myself as I added highlights to the flowers using an array of pale yellows, lilacs and pinks. The argument with Stefan had left me tense, annoyed at the both of them, and honestly fed up. Damon creating enemies out of fear was not what we needed and Stefan getting ready to defend him, although expected, made things worse.

I then felt a tug on my dress, and I turned with a smile before it faltered dramatically. A little girl stood there with a shy smile and she placed her hands behind her back nervously as I took out my earbuds. I could barely breathe as I averted my eyes, looking down towards my phone to stall.

"Excuse me Miss?" she questioned softly and I looked past her shoulder before looking towards her for a moment, swallowing down the aching in my heart and ignoring how fast it was beating.

"Hi, how are you?"

"I'm good! Great actually, I... um–"

She looked behind her, towards her parents who smiled warmly towards her and put a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Lila had something to ask you," her mother said with a sweet smile and I looked towards Lila, who was red in the face.

"I was just wondering... I haven't seen Sam at school. Do you know where he is?"

I stared at her.

"Miss?" she questioned after a moment, waving her hand in my face. "Miiiiiss?"

"Um," I blinked, snapping out of a daze. "He's, um, he's with his–with his mom," I lied.

"You found Belladonna?" Lila's dad questioned, interested. "We haven't been able to get a hold of her for years!"

"Yeah, um," I swallowed awkwardly, rubbing the back of my neck harshly. "Yeah, I–"

"Everly!" someone called out, and I turned to see Mrs Lockwood marching up towards me with a large grin, and I sighed in relief.

Saviour.

"Can you tell him I miss him?" Lila questioned shyly and I nodded, giving her a fake smile.

"Of course. I'm sure he misses you too."

The family bid me goodbye, and I breathed a sigh of relief, slowly, as I quickly wiped my face of emotion before turning towards Carol.

"I see giving you this wall was a good choice," she smiled brightly, looking towards the painting. "It looks stunning. Have you thought about making this part of your career?"

"Um, no, not really," I shrugged. I still felt gross, the ache in my heart making me want to throw up and the constricting of my airways reminding me of the conversation I had before. "It's a hobby, really."

"Oh, that's a pity," she tutted, and I shrugged, about to put my earbuds back in before I heard her sigh and her shoulders dropped. "Are you okay, Eva?" she questioned seriously and I paused before looking towards her with a frown.

"Of course I am," I frowned, chuckling awkwardly before picking up a paintbrush again. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"With Rue, and the introduction to the council, and now Sam is gone to his mother's..."

I looked away awkwardly.

"I just wanted to let you know you always have a home with us, Lockwood's," she smiled warmly. "No reason needed. No explanation required. Always."

I didn't look back, but the words brought tears to my eyes that I wiped away harshly. She seemingly knew that I could not respond, and smiled softly before walking away.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

It was later on in the day, almost nighttime and I had just finished up the painting. It was large, incredibly large, me having to bribe one of the stronger boys from my class with twenty dollars to borrow a ladder so I could reach the taller parts of the wall, but the end piece was beautiful.

Everyone else had long since gone home, and it was just me left. The sunset was beautiful, calming almost, but my mind was constantly dragged back to the conversations had throughout the day. People I loved fighting, Lila bringing up Sammy...

It was like I couldn't rest. Like the world had some kind of vendetta against me.

There was a rustling in the bushes behind me and I tensed, turning around slowly as someone stepped on sticks to exit the dense forest. I didn't have anything to defend myself, so I picked up a paint mixer and held it up, faltering when I noticed it was Caroline.

Dazed, covered in blood and dirt, and Caroline.

"Oh my god," I muttered, dropping the paint mixer and running up to her, immediately holding her shoulders for her stability. She looked as though she was going to pass out any minute, and she had a hard time concentrating as her eyes moved in and out of focus. "Caroline, what happened?"

"My mom," she whispered, horrified. "She almost died. And... and I hit someone on the back of the head. They wouldn't wake up. Stefan and Damon... Stefan took Elena. Brae took Mom and Damon's taking care of the bodies, I didn't know where to go..."

She looked towards me, tears lining her eyes.

She looked traumatized.

"And Katherine," her voice broke and she sobbed. Her legs gave out and the both of us fell to the ground as she wrapped her arms around me tightly, crying. "God she threatened you and she threatened Matt and she threatened Brae. 'I've killed her once, I can easily do it again'..."

She sobbed and her tears hit my dress, but I didn't mind. My heart was breaking with her words, yet it should have been suspected.

She was human, not used to this world, let alone the death and the constant danger.

"I killed someone," she cried out. "And my mom hates the both of us – she wanted to die!"

I held her in my arms as she sobbed, rocking her back and forth as she told me everything and as I whispered to her words of comfort, before exhaustion hit her like a truck and she fell asleep.

𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑔𝑟𝑎𝑡𝑠!

𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑 𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑟 5000 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑑𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑦 𝑚𝑢𝑐ℎ 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑚𝑦 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑠 𝑔𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑝𝑢𝑠ℎ𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑏𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑝𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑡 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐸𝑣𝑎 𝑙𝑜𝑠𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎 𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑡𝑙𝑒 𝑏𝑖𝑡 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑜𝑓 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑐𝑖𝑜𝑢𝑠 𝑠𝑎𝑛𝑖𝑡𝑦.

ℎ𝑜𝑝𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑒𝑛𝑗𝑜𝑦𝑒𝑑, 𝑛𝑒𝑥𝑡 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑎𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑓𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑒𝑑 𝐼 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑒 :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.6K 2.7K 27
"๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ๐˜€๐—ฒ ๐—ฑ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ๐˜€ ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜‚๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—บ๐—ฒ ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐˜€. ๐—˜๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜† ๐˜๐—ถ๐—บ๐—ฒ ๐—œ ๐—ฐ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜€๐—ฒ ๐—บ๐˜† ๐—ฒ๐˜†๐—ฒ๐˜€, ๐—œ ๐˜€๐—ฒ๐—ฒ ๐—ต๐—ถ๐—บ." ...
153K 5.2K 25
Rose Amari. In her world she's a witch, but not a servant of nature. When her mother dies mysteriously Rose and her sister, Phoebe, were drowning i...
111K 2.9K 22
"she is alive but she isn't the same" in which the dead mikaelson comes back to life โ–ชโ–ชโ–ช the vampire diaries - au [slow updates] started - March 14...
1.3M 38.1K 35
โšœ๏ธ I'm Not Me || The Vampire Diaries โšœ๏ธ "the evil hybrid or the psychotic maniac?" "the moral or the ripper?" A story about Imogen Avery, a girl who...