Once Shinobi, Now Hero

By yaboyassassin

Kakashi felt rage. It wasn't simply anger filling his body. His body was shaking almost as if trying to stop... More

Chapter 1: New World
Chapter 2: Deception
Chapter 3: Questionable Decisions
Chapter 4: Truth of A "Hero"
Chapter 5: Longed Test
Chapter 6: Vs Class 1-A!
Chapter 7: Vs Bakugo
Chapter 8: Vs Todoroki!
Chapter 9: Rush
Chapter 11: Intern under a pro
Chapter 12: Disaster in Hosu
Chapter 13: Stroke of Lightning
Chapter 14: Kakashi vs Kakkō
Chapter 15: Battle Damage
Chapter 16: Disaster Post Hosu
Chapter 17: Different Shades of Heroism
Chapter 18: Fateful Meetings
Chapter 19: Unpleasant Reflection
Chapter 20: Looming Foreshadow
Chapter 21: Choices
Chapter 22: Continued Steps
Chapter 23: A Gentle Tragedy
Chapter 24: New Revelations
Author's Note
Chapter 25: Blooming Questions
Chapter 26: Explosive Exit
Chapter 27: Intense Revelations
Chapter 28: Escape

Chapter 10: Preperation and Recovery

3.4K 136 62
By yaboyassassin

AN: I have gotten complaints about the Ninshu but that I felt was necessary and I'll take that lying down. If you don't like it because you feel it is unnecessary story wise than I understand. I suppose introducing that aspect, I should've expected backlash and I was going to drop the story after the fight before I thought of it simply because I had no viable way to push Kakashi into fighting any of the Villains in the story. If he's after Kakkō he would have no reason to fight anyone else and that would mean I would basically be writing fights that already happened in the show.

Sorry if it made you feel a type a way and if dropping the story is what you think is best than I won't stop you or berate you.

On another note, I also got complaints that Todoroki seemed too strong and I want to say that Kakashi was progressively getting weaker and weaker during their fight. Not only for his earlier uses of chakra but from his state of mind. Chakra is both physical and mental energy combined and with his past being brought in front of him and him knowing that some of what Todoroki was saying was something he agreed with made his mindset weaker. I always likened it from how strong Kakashi had gotten during the war arc after speaking to and finally forgiving his father.

That was how Todoroki could contend with him minus the fact that his quirk is good for long fights and Kakashi had won until Todoroki spoke to him.

And another thing, his speech is bad on purpose as one he isn't good with emotions, two he doesn't know everything about Kakashi only about his father and his feeling and is using those because of his own personal interest when it comes to fathers. And he isn't trying to relate to Kakashi with any talk no Jutsu he's simply angry because of what he first received and lashes out at Kakashi. If it seems like that isn't the case than that's my fault as a writer for not conveying that properly.

And while I do understand everyone's point of view, I only will acknowledge constructive criticism on how the story could've went instead and where it needs to go. Insulting my work instead of trying to help does nothing except make you look like an asshole. If you don't like the way I write then keep that respectful and use the knowledge that has been given to you to try and help instead of berate.

Anyways, thanks for reading. And on to the story.

"Oi, Kakashi. Wake the hell up."

Kakashi blinked and when he came to it was Obito. Somehow, though he wasn't surprised to see him. Obito was dead. This was nothing more than a dream. Still, he grabbed ahold of his hand and Obito helped him to his feet. Once he was up he saw where he was, and sighed.

"Here again?"

Obito smile faltered briefly. "Yep, come on, Kakashi."

"I'm not going in."

Obito stopped and sighed, turning back to his friend with a small frown. "We're going in today, idiot. We don't have to go in through the front if you don't want, but at least go in." He pointed up at the top of the long house. "We can go in through a window."

Kakashi wasn't sure. Still, he knew Obito or rather his subconscious wouldn't subside. He sighed, stopped his hand from shaking by putting it in a fist, and looked at Obito. "Fine, but—"

"Yea, I know. We won't go in that room, ok? So, come on. Let's go."

He leaped atop the building and Kakashi followed. They opened a window and stepped inside, landing in the kitchen which was right next to that room. Kakashi watched Obito walk around, slowly looking throughout the kitchen. It was as Kakashi remembered it. Bland and normal. His dad was a simple man of simple taste. It would probably look different if his mother had been alive. He had been told how she loved to decorate.

His thoughts had distracted him from where he was in the room and Obito took the opportunity instantly, pushing into him and causing him to fall through a door. Kakashi rubbed his head, about to yell at Obito but when his eyes opened he saw his father lying on the ground, in the same position from all those years ago.

He froze, and could no longer move. He hadn't even realized that Obito was standing beside him.

"Sorry, Kakashi." He turned to him and smiled. "You need to see this. It's for your own good."

Anger quickly filled his frozen form, breaking the ice and he shot up off the ground like a bullet. "You bastard!" He yelled and tried slamming his fist into the double but went through him. Surprised, he stumbled but caught himself.

"Sorry, Bakashi. I'm part of your imagination. Can't be hit." Kakashi watched him with angry filled eyes as he walked to his father. He expected him to stop, but Obito kept going until he reached the doors. He opened them, letting in a bright, almost blinking light that he had to shield his eyes from.

"What are you doing?" Sometimes he wished his subconsciousness hadn't turned into his friend.

"Nothing really," he walked back but this time took a seat next to Sakumo's corpse, sunlight basking the room in a golden glow. "Just taking a seat." When he sat down, he never turned back to Kakashi.

"When you understand, I hope you'll take a seat next to me. The view is amazing."

XxX

Kakashi gasped and shot out of the bed. He heard a heart monitor picking up his rapid heartbeat as he tried to calm his breaths, holding a hand to chest. Another nightmare. Or, was it? His hand slid off his chest, he finally was calm. But he was still confused and the rush of information from what had happened before he lost consciousness came back to him.

"Finally awoke, huh?"

Kakashi found the source of the voice immediately. It was Todoroki, sitting across the room in his own bed, staring at him. He had his own hospital gown own which vaguely reminded Kakashi that he was wearing one as well.

"What happened out there?" Despite the memory coming back to him, he still felt inclined to ask. He had yet to make sense of the memories.

"You lost."

He lost? Those words nearly stopped him from breathing. How could he have lost? He had been fighting as hard as he could at the very end. He didn't want to lose, because he was right. Right? His gaze dropped to the soft, white cloth covering his legs. And due to his head moving, he became faintly aware of something on his nose. He became a bit distracted, feeling on it and found it still swelling. Oh yea, Todoroki had broken his nose. He also noticed his mask was gone and honestly felt a bit naked without it. It was harder to hide his emotions without it.

"But I lost as well."

Kakashi raised his head in surprise.

"I was talking to you about your father when I didn't know the full story. I was careless." Honestly, he'd just been angry and said everything at the heat of the moment.

"How do you know so much? About my past? How could you know?" Kakashi gripped the cloth underneath him. "Tell me."

Todoroki had probably thought about what he was going to say before he had as he hadn't said anything for a long while. Kakashi didn't know why he was so patient. Though, it was probably due to how emotional the day had been for him.

"Somehow, I was able to see what you saw, and feel what you felt. Honestly, I don't think I can explain. It just happened and what I saw made me so angry." His hands clamped into tight fists as a look of fury crossed his eyes. "I thought that you also had a past of your own, similar to mine. In that vain, I was right. But... our past and experiences are different. When I was asleep, I saw another memory—I just don't understand it."

He locked eyes with Kakashi one. "Where did you come from that made children into soldiers?"

Kakashi didn't know what to say, so he said nothing. It was in the handbook not to reveal village secrets and honestly talking to someone he just met and fought was more than awkward.

When Todoroki sighed, he took that as a sign he'd given up.

"I was comparing the past I had saw with my own experiences and forced what I thought onto you. I apologize for that, but still, I think your father is a hero." His fist loosened up. "He loved you more than himself. That's the only thing I don't regret saying."

I think the White Fang was a hero of the Leaf!

Those words from his dead comrade had come back to him as if they were being spoken right before him once more. He drew a sharp sigh and turned to the the window slightly covered by open blinds. Outside, it was dark.

"How long have we been here?"

"All day. I woke up a couple of hours ago. Your mom was here."

Ryukyu was here? He should've expected that. He supposed he was in a lot of trouble for all the trouble he caused. A thought came to mind if he could just put every teacher into a Genjutsu so that they wouldn't remember the event. He know he'd like to forget it did.

"You both look nothing alike."

"She isn't my real mom."

A spark rose in his eyes again. "You should appreciate her. Most don't have that luxury."

Kakashi grew angry, and was tired of hearing those damned words. "I don't need you to tell me how I have to feel. Just because you have your own baggage about your parents doesn't mean you know everything."

Todoroki rested back against the bed and closed his eye with a heavy sigh. He seemed to take the hint, he didn't say a single word afterwards.

Kakashi was grateful.

XxX

That question had circled its way around Kakkō' ahead but he hadn't even been able to answer it as the darkness of the Alleyway seemed to get even darker. Suddenly, he couldn't even see.

When he came to, he lashed out and struck two people. One had been the Hero Killer as he heard a familiar sounding voice grunt and another one had been a voice that had sounded like it came from very close. He leaped to the far corner of the room he found himself in, his blades coming from their holsters as he readied himself to fight, thinking the Hero Killer set him up.

On the contrary, Stain seemed confused as well before he rushed the man at the center of the room and with a few moves, planted his firmly on the ground with two combat knifes embedded into the ground beside him and his leg trapping his arm.

He saw the black mist become a bit more humanoid and try to rush at Stain, so he moved. He leaped in the way, cutting him off and smirked.

The room was silent with tension for seconds that felt longer than they actually were.

"What a welcome for the League of Villains. I didn't expect our first impression would end up with me being stepped on."

League of Villains? These are they guys I've been looking for? His eyes went from the mist guy to the guy on the ground with light blue grayish hair. They didn't look all that impressive if he were going to be honest. Still, looks could only go so far.

Stain seemed to have heard of them as well. "So, you are the League of Villains I've heard about."

"You know these guys?" He asked.

"Know of them. I don't know why they seek us out, however. But you'll make that clear, won't you?"

"My goal is the break up this hero society. I want a world full of chaos and mayhem. I want a world where one can't be ridiculed by how strong their quirks are but how they live. That's what I want."

"And why have you called us here? What do we have to do with your ambition?" Kakkō asked.

"Don't you see this Hero Society as it really is? It's corrupted and full of people who aren't actually heroes. But they're celebrated while the rest of us are nothing but jokes. I want to break this hero society!"

A crazed grin could even be seen from beyond Stains hand gripping his face. "I want to watch them all die in horrible suffering!"

"Is that it?" Stain asked, almost silently.

"Yes, that's it."

Kakkō turned and glared at Kurogiri , silently daring him to move as a grinning Stain brought out his sword and held it firmly above Shiguraki.

"Trying to scare me, Hero Killer. You aren't the final boss."

"I'm simply testing that resolve. Most spit out crap like that with no conviction behind their words. And words with no conviction mean nothing." He sheathe his sword, grabbed his knifes, and got off Shiguraki.

"Me and you are alike in one aspect. We both want to change the status quo."

The status quo, huh. Since I found what I'm looking for I don't mind having a bit more fun in this world. I feel as though Blade is a name that needs to get around more. He thought with a smirk, eyes glittering dangerously.

Stain continued. "I myself have an ambition. To change this society of false heroes into true heroes."

Shiguraki seemed to frown, perhaps in disappointment. It was hard to tell from his hair being in the way, as he slowly made his way up. "A change of status quo. That should work for my own plans as well. A world rid of these false heroes doesn't sound too bad."

Kakkō knew he was lying to appeal to Stain. He must've wanted him to join his League. But if they were true villains than he also must've realized that Stain wouldn't agree with his standpoint so he was tweaking it slightly.

He was certainly smarter than he looked.

He couldn't tell if Stain caught onto it or not. "We can talk more later. For now, send me back to Hosu. I'd like to make a statement and cleanse the filth building up on every block."

"Don't go forgetting about me now, Stain." Kakkō sheathe his blades and walked up with a plastered smirk. "I seems I've been ignored by you all. Was I an accidental passenger?"

"No," Kurogiri said. "You were called as well, Blade."

Kakkō spared him a glance. "And how do you know I'm blade."

"You don't make it hard. Your face is always uncovered. Once I got a description on you, tracking you down was a easy task. You take small contract killings, all I had to do was trace you to a target."

"So, I'm on your radar then?"

"The League of Villains would also like to invite you to join us as well, Blade." Shiguraki's scratchy voice reached his ears and he turned to it. "What do you say?"

A smirk crossed his face. "Of course. Who am I to say no?"

X

A black portal filled with dark smoke appeared on top of a building and Stain, Kakkō, and Shiguraki came out of it.

"Look at this wretched city." Stain had utter rage in his eyes. Kakkō loved the sight. "It's time to purge it!" He leaped off the building with a purpose, dashing from building to building.

"Well, that's my cue as well." He turned back to the League members. "I wanna cause a bit of chaos myself and following Stain I want to see this world crumble as well. I'll make sure everyone knows I'm affiliated with you. I want everyone pissing their pants." He leaped off the building and moved quickly to catch up with Stain.

After a second, a grin stretch across Shiguraki's face. "We'll make sure that everyone is pissing their pants at the thought of us. I'll help out with that." Behind him, a Nomu stood tall, having come from Kurogiri's quirk.

"Time to destroy this forgettable city."

Atop one of the tallest buildings in the city, two individuals stood, watching the city below them. If his theory was going to be correct, Stain would be attacking once more tonight and if Blade is also here there was no telling what would happen. He heard that Blade was looking for information regarding his group and he wondered if he wanted to join them.

Regardless of his reason, he would be watching. He would be watching from a worthy performance from Blade. To see if he had what it took to join the Shie Hassaikai.

XxX

Midoriya was riding the bus to his internship that All Might had told him to go to. An old mentor of his. But his thoughts were much more focused on Todoroki and the bustling of the train was even loss on the young hero in training. He rubbed his hands together nervously, the fight coming into his head nonstop. At this point, he accepted that he wouldn't be able to stop thinking about it.

How did Todoroki know Hatake's past? And what did it all mean?

When he heard the term village, he'd thought that Kakashi must've been a foreigner as there were no villages in Japan. But Kakashi was clearly Japanese and spoke fluently with no real accent. It wouldn't make sense for him to have been raised somewhere else. So what did Todoroki mean?

He wished he could've asked. His curiosity was too much to be left on a cliffhanger like this. An answer just out of his reach, and now he was going to another city, away from Todoroki and Kakashi. But he would be coming back. He would get answers.

He came to when an automated voice told him that his stop would be next.

A pit grew in his stomach.

XxX

Kakashi watched as a nurse walked out of the room and quietly shut the door behind her. He had just found out that they had been transported into a hospital for their injuries. He wondered why he distinctly hated being here.

His stomach growled a small bit when he saw Todoroki eating a meal brought in by the nurse, sitting up with his feet hanging over the bed. He wished he wasn't as hurt as Todoroki, who only seemed to have mild discomfort while trying to eat with his nose all wrapped up.

"Is it good?"

"Yea, surprisingly. I thought hospital food would be gross." He took another bite.

Kakashi glanced at his own meal. It looked nothing like Todoroki's. His even smelled bad. And if he could smell it through bandages that it was a real problem. He locked eyes with the door when he hears footspets approaching it from down the hallway.

"You always know when someone is about to come in." Todoroki noted out loud.

Kakashi never responded and the door opened a second later. The worried face of his mother came into view before she looked at him in surprise and took quick steps to reach him. She grasped his face in her hands and he let her but still flinched at the contact. His arm flared up at the sudden movement.

"Are you ok? You feeling well?"

"I'm... fine." It had been a while since anyone cared about his wellness. Minato and Kushina were different when they weren't always around.

"Your mask is gone. Why did you always have it on? You look cute without it."

"I don't want to look cute."

Despite herself, she chuckled and her hands slid off his face. His cheeks were cold. The door opened again and  a tall flaming man stepped into the room followed by a much shorter man with a mask. He looked like a ninja and Kakashi's eyes were drawn to him. Something resembling home was always nice to see.

The man looked at him, only briefly sparing a glance at Todoroki, though his eyes held no disrespect. The larger man had focused entirely on Todoroki and from the resemblance, Kakashi guessed that this was his father. He certainly fit the abusive build with how large he was.

When the ninja stepped in front of him, his adoptive mother spoke.

"This is the No.4 Hero who has been chosen for you to intern under. The doctors have cleared you to take instruction under the pretense that you won't be doing anything too strenuous."

"My name is Edgeshot. Nice to meet you, Hatake."

Kakashi only stared, letting his eye discreetly roam his body. He definitely gave off an aura. He was strong. No doubt about that, but he wondered if this was just to watch him rather than something else.

"You as well." His eyes narrowed only slightly.

"I would've liked to meet you when you're at your best, but it seems we don't have much time to wait. Your classmates have already begun their internships. You're a day behind them. We can't do much, but I'd still like to push you to your limits." The hero said.

Ryukyu looked worried. "Just be sure to go easy on him. His arm is..."

"It's fine." He said, and looked at his heavily wrapped hand as it was wrapped up all the way to his armpit. It still hurt, especially where his hand and wrist were but it wasn't anything he couldn't handle. He was probably lucky that it was still attached to his body.

He had been real careful at the end.

She looked like she wanted to say something but, at the last second, changed her mind and sighed instead. "Just be careful. That's all I ask."

He nodded. "So, when do I leave?"

"Tomorrow. Before you come with me, the doctors want to get another look at that arm as well as that nose to see any lasting injuries and how long it will be until healed. Though you seem quite fine. You heal fast."

Kakashi looked at him and then looked back at his wrapped hand, not saying another word. Sensing that he was done talking, Edgeshot bowed his head, said his goodbyes, and left. By that time, Kakashi noticed that Todoroki was out of the bed and packing his things with his father seemingly glaring at him. He bore his own aura, and Kakashi could immediately tell that he had been the father that Todoroki had spoke about. His nose would've wrinkled had it not been for it still being broken.

A truly disgusting stench.

"Father, and Kakashi's mother, would you both mind leaving us for a moment. I'll come out when I'm ready, father."

His father stared, and then grunted before leaving without another world. The temperature in the room immediately went down. Ryukyu nodded after a moment of pause, sent another look at Kakashi before she excused herself politely.

"How long until you're healed?"

"I'm mostly fine." Kakashi said. "Everything is already on its way healing. But I think this will take more than a while." He took a long glance at his arm.

Todoroki felt guilty. "Sorry about that. I...was a little out of control."

"I ran right into it. It's fine." He disregards. "Listen, I want to know something."

Todoroki stared at him and Kakashi took a warning glance at the door of the room; he didn't hear anything. "About your father... you said he was the reason for your flame. Why would you use that power if it reminds you so much of him?"

"Because someone taught me that this is the power that is under my control, and I have the power to dictate what I want to do with it. I dictate my own fate, and my father has nothing to do with that."

XxX

Sitting in the room by himself was more boring than he realized and he missed the mask that had always warmed his face up. It was weird not having it on for so long but he honestly was surprised that he hadn't complained about it. Though it was warranted. He had a lot to think about.

He looked at his heavily bandaged arm again. But heard footsteps approaching the room once more. He decided to forgone cluelessness and looked at the door before it had even opened.

It was Aizawa that had stepped inside and closed the door behind himself. What was he here for? They weren't particularly close, at all really. He honestly had no reason to be here, but thankfully he kept to the door, leaning against it with crossed arms and stared back him with an almost bored expression.

Then he spoke, and Kakashi grew wary.

"What are you actually? You aren't a normal child."

"You already knew that. You didn't just figure that out."

"What makes you so sure?"

Kakashi wasn't dumb enough to take the bait, and after a couple of seconds of silence Aizawa too realized this fact.

"This is what I'm talking about." He said, tapping his finger against his arm. "No normal kid would catch things like this. Todoroki said something about a Shinobi. Is that what you grew up as?"

It took Kakashi a lot not to say anything, but he kept to himself and decided he would not say another word. He'd had enough of going back to a past he was trying not to think about. He'd be damned if he were going to back by someone who probably couldn't even relate to him. Besides, no one actually cared anyway. The only reason Todoroki had become so interested was because of his own difficulties with his father.

"...fine. You don't have to talk, kid." Aizawa turned around and he walked outside of the door. Kakashi heard small footsteps get further away before he could no longer hear, and then he sighed.

XxX

Aizawa had a lot to think about as he walked away from the hospital, turning a corner. Were Shinobi still a practice going on? They were around before the era of Quirks. Shinobi's quickly went out of practice since quirks proved more effective to protect a country. If Kakashi were an actual Shinobi than first, he needed to search up as much as their practices as possible. But he did already have theories of what he could be trained in.

Stealth, quirk training, espionage, hand to hand combat, strategic thinking, fighting without the use of sight, and probably many more. But he also had baggage, a lot of it. Those cloudy, blank eyes had seen death before and he had killed before.

Sharp air escaped his mouth and he tucked his hands in his pockets. Who knew being a teacher would be so hard? He wished he had Vlad's class. He had way less troublemakers. A thought came to him suddenly and he pulled out his phone, dialing a number.

He could get that information quickly. His pace quickened as he put the ringing phone to his ear. He hoped Tsukauchi wasn't too busy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

704K 26.7K 30
•Rankings• #1 in todobakudeku #1 in tododeku #1 in myheroacademia ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Izuku Midoriya get's stuck in the UA dorms over summer bre...
80.8K 2.7K 21
mha x saiki k crossover (with extras from hunter x hunter, sk8 the infinity, and death note) started - sept 6*, 2020 ended (with alt endings/chapter...
7.8K 458 20
"Shouto holds his hand out, catching a bit of the sun in his palm. His skin is glowy in the golden lighting, and he squeezes his fist closed. It make...
120K 3.8K 47
You had known Bakugou since childhood...but years had gone by until you met again at U.A. High school. In the process of reuniting with the challengi...