Never let her go

By SophiaAria

Lucy is a 16-year-old girl. She is kind and hard-working. Her mother died when she was 10 years old and left... More

Introduction
Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Update
Chapter 28
Characters 2
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Characters 3
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Update
Chapter 57

Chapter 29

19.7K 528 47
By SophiaAria

Theo POV

My heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest.

The fear was overwhelming. I saw danger everywhere I looked. I even went as far as to wonder about my brothers. Would they protect her? Would they watch over her? Would she be safe with them?

I felt like I’m the only one who could keep her safe.

I knew that was complete bullshit. My brothers would never let her get hurt. They would always make sure she was safe and protected. But there was a part of me that thought I was the only one who she would be completely safe with.

And it was very hard to ignore that part.

That’s why I made sure I was with her every second of every day. That’s why I didn’t sleep. I couldn’t let anybody get to her while I was asleep. I could barely stand those 20 minutes a day that I spent in the bathroom. It was the longest I could be away from her. A minute longer, and I felt hands squeezing my neck, preventing me from taking another breath.

Her hand in my hair and Noah’s hand on my back kept me from freaking out. I could picture it. I could see myself kneeling next to her bed, screaming in pain because someone took her. I could see myself running around the house, trying to find her, and coming up empty. I could see Liam telling me that she was gone. I could hear Noah’s heartbreaking scream. I could feel Ezra’s hands trying to comfort me. I could see it all and it made my heart stop beating and my lungs burn from lack of air.

“Nobody is taking her away, Theo.” Noah said, placing his arm around my shoulders. “We will never let that happen again.”

I looked up at him and saw tears in his eyes.

“She is safe here, Theo.” Noah continued. “Nobody will hurt her. Nobody will take her away. We will protect her. You are not alone in this, Theo. You are not the only one responsible for her safety.”

I knew that he was right, but I couldn’t stop the voice in my head, telling me I was the only one who could make sure she would be okay.

“Noah is right.” Lucy said quietly. “I’m safe and I’m not going anywhere, Theo.”

I looked at her and the voice only got louder. I saw that little girl who always called me Grumpy and tugged on my cheeks, trying to make me smile. I saw that little girl who came to me every time she fell and hurt herself. I saw that little girl who could make me feel like the best big brother in the world just because I was the first one she would go to when she had a problem she couldn’t solve.

“It’s my job.” I said quietly, wrapping my arm around her even tighter.

Lucy glanced at Noah, who made me turn to him.

“It is.” Noah nodded. “But it’s also my job. And Liam’s. And Ezra’s. And it’s Lucy’s job to take care of us. We are siblings. We take care of each other. We are not saying it’s not your job to take care of her, we are saying that you are not doing that job alone.”

“You have to sleep, Theo.” Lucy said softly. “You have to eat. You can spend more than 20 minutes a day in the bathroom. You can spend time with your friends. You can spend time alone. You can do things away from me and I will be okay.”

My heart started beating impossibly fast. My eyes widened. My breaths were getting short and shallow.

Spend time away?!

Lucy looked at me, panicked. She grabbed my face with both hands while Noah rubbed my back soothingly.

“Breathe, Theo.” Lucy said. “Come on, breathe.”

I tried taking a deep breath, but I felt like something heavy was pressing down on my chest. The images filled my mind again. Me on my knees screaming. Her empty room. Liam’s mouth moving, telling me she is gone. Noah crying. Ezra wrapping me in a hug.

“Theo?” Lucy’s voice stopped the images.

She is here.

It’s okay.

She is here.

I forced my arms to move and grabbed her. I pressed her against my chest and took a deep breath.

“I’m not spending time away from you.” I managed to say.

Lucy tried to leave my arms, but I wouldn’t let her. She sighed and relaxed against me.

“I don’t want you to spend time away from me, Theo.” she said, wrapping her arms around me. “I’m telling you that you can. I’m worried about you. You need to think about yourself and your needs as well. You have to sleep, you have to eat, you have to do what you want, Theo. I can’t be the only one you think about. You are important. Your needs are important. Your health is important. I can’t let you get hurt or sick. Just like Noah said, it’s my job to take care of you.”

“Lucy is right.” Noah said, running his hand through her hair. “You don’t have to go anywhere, you don’t have to leave the house. But you can go to the kitchen, make yourself a sandwich and eat it. She will still be safe because I will be here. Or Liam will. Or Ezra will. You can go to your room and play video games and she will still be safe. You can spend time in the pool while she is in the house, and she will still be safe.”

“But most importantly, you have to sleep.” Lucy added, not letting me speak. “I will stay awake tonight until you fall asleep, and I don’t care what you do or say. You are sleeping.”

“Same here, brother.” Noah said, giving me a small smile. “We are not closing our eyes until we hear that annoying snore of yours.”

“I don’t snore.” I grunted.

Lucy chuckled. “You kind of do.”

She tried to get out of my arms, and I reluctantly let her.

“I’m not trying to push you away, Theo.” she said taking my hand in hers. “Hell, I would be with all of you all the time if I had a say in it. It is a really nice change from being told I was alone and unloved.”

Noah leaned over me and kissed her temple. “You are so loved, Sunshine.”

“I know.” she smiled at him before looking back at me. “I need you to be healthy, Theo, and I’m scared you are going to get sick if you continue like this.”

I knew that she was right. I knew I needed to sleep and eat. I knew it would be healthier for me to let my brothers take care of her sometimes.

But I had a hard time picturing myself actually doing it.

“How about this?” Noah spoke. “I will call Ethan and Aiden over. We will be in your room, playing video games. Lucy will be with Liam and Ezra.”

“Who are Ethan and Aiden?” Lucy asked.

“Our friends.” Noah answered, glancing at her. “I will introduce you to them. You will love them.”

“Deal.” Lucy smiled.

“So, what do you say?” Noah asked, looking back at me.

My palms started sweating. Could I do this?

“I will be in the house.” Lucy said, rubbing my arm. “You can pause the game at any time and come to me. Wait, can you even pause it?”

She furrowed her eyebrows, looking from Noah to me. Noah laughed and I chuckled.

“Wow, you know nothing about video games, do you?” Noah said teasingly.

“No, but I could kick your ass in any board game, loser.” she said, crossing her arms over her chest.

“That’s because you cheat.” I said, making her roll her eyes and sigh.

“I wasn’t cheating.” she said.

“Okay, enough.” Noah interrupted, raising his hands in the air. “We are not having this argument again. Theo, should I invite Ethan and Aiden over?”

I nibbled on my lower lip, grabbing Lucy’s hand and pulling her closer.

“I will be safe, Theo.” she said quietly, kissing my cheek.

“Fine.” I said reluctantly. “But if anything happens, I’m leaving the three of you immediately. I don’t give a fuck what you say.”

“Deal.” Noah smiled and pulled out his phone to text Ethan and Aiden.

I looked down at Lucy and kissed the top of her head.

I really didn’t want to do this. But I knew they were right. I needed to do this.

But if anything happens to her, I will burn the world down.

Nobody hurts her.

She is mine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Find me By Sophia Aria

General Fiction

404K 13.7K 65
Aria is a 17-year-old girl who lives with her mom and dad. Her life was never easy. She always had to follow the strict rules, and if she didn't, her...
1.1M 28.7K 77
What happens when Lily Knight an innocent, shy girl, 16 yrs old abused throughout her life met with her brothers who lost her when she was just 4. B...
1.3M 31.8K 61
Evelyn Smith is a 15 year old girl who lives with her parents. She has been abused all her life by her parents, but still tries to find the good in b...
6.3M 186K 76
Being thrown away in the garbage in a dark alleyway in London when she was only a baby, she should have died that day... But she didn't.. instead, a...