School Romance

By _etxereal

The story of three teenagers who are struggling to find out about their feelings and are surrounded by so man... More

Chapter 1: THE BEGINNING ♡
Chapter 2: THE CONFESSION ♡
Chapter 3: Young Love ♡
Chapter 4 ♡
Chapter 5 ♡
Chapter 6 ♡
Chapter 7 ♡
Chapter 8 ♡
Chapter 9 ♡
Chapter 10 ♡
CHAPTER 12: UNTANGLED ♡

CHAPTER 11: TANGLED UP INSIDE ♡

10 0 0
By _etxereal

"I didn't call you here to let you go again Cho
Y/N. I will be a Phabo if I don't convince you about me still having feelings for you even after almost a year of me breaking up with you."
"WHAT?"
"What do you mean by that Kim Taehyung?Huh? What in world do you mean by that. You still have feelings for me, because you were clearly dating someone after we broke up? Huh? Kim say something for fuck's sake?" The girl was furious, fuming in anger and was not able to think straight about the situation.
But who would be able to think straight after your ex who was also your first love, first boyfriend and the one with whom who had your very first relationship which was going quiet well but then suddenly one day he wants to break up with you saying he lost feelings for you and starts dating some other girl and when it is going to be almost a year he comes again in front of you and says he still feels for you. Like after all of this who would think straight. She kept looking at the silent boy infront of her wating for him to reply but he was just looking down at the ground.
"LOOK AT ME AND ANSWER ME DAMN IT OR ELSE I'LL LEAVE!" She said and Taehyung looked up only to meet with Y/N's eyes which were teary by now.
"Y/N please let me explain everything please just listen to me." He said in a low voice.
"Speak Taehyung I'm listening." Y/N said keeping her calm she closed her eyes to absorb the tears brimming in her eyes.
"Y/N I know I broke up with you and ended things between us in not a good way.
Didn't even talked to you about the problems I was facing. You were busy with your work and I was left all alone. I missed you and I wanted to be with you but you were not available for me. I was angry, sad and was not in a good condition because everything was becoming hard for me. But then I met Anna. She helped me like you would do. She would study with me, boost my confidence when I was feeling low by motivating me. She gave me all her time and attention which I wanted from you, I craved for it. I misinterpreted my feelings for her which was an infatuation to love. Which was my biggest mistake." He said looking down.
Y/N scoffed hearing his answer and replied, "Do you realize in this process, you engaged and messed up both mine and Anna's life. I'm really having suspicion that did you ever really loved me? If you would've loved  me you wouldn't have made such a desicion without even having a conversation with me. I don't deny the fact that I was kind of being toxic to you in those 2 months from your perspective but you never got to know my story. It's not your fault."
"Y/N I really love you. Heck I never stopped loving you even when I was dating Anna. I didn't realize that I still had feelings for you until some months ago because I was angry with you for ignoring me like I never existed."
"You are unbelievable Taehyung. You really are." By saying that Y/N started walking away from there.
"Y/N, No you can't leave this conversation in the middle come back here please!" Taehyung yelled from behind but Y/N kept walking towards the exit of the park ignoring the yelling of the boy. She couldn't bear standing there a minute longer with the messed up thoughts and the emotional instability she was experiencing. She just needed someone to give her their shoulder to cry on at this moment. And she exactly knew who the person was. She wiped away the continuous streaks of tears flowing down her cheeks and took out her phone. Dialing a number she pressed the phone against her ear. Clearing her throat so that the other person would not guess that she was crying. After a few rings the person on the other side picked up the call.
"Heyy Y/Niee! What's up? Where are you? Still in the library?" Ahra asked in a cheerful voice.
Y/N chuckled hearing her bestfriend and replied," No, Ahrayaa I have just left school. I called you to ask that can I come over to your house I really want to spend time with you. Please."
"Yeah sure why are you even asking. You can come to my house anytime. Just get here fast I'll arrange snacks and stuff we'll have a blast today. And inform Uncle Cho that you'll sleep at my house."
"Ok I'll do that. Will be there in 10 minutes."
"Arrasso, I'm hanging up now."

Ahra's POV:
"Hanging up the phone I sighed. She didn't sound good did something happen?" I thought placing my phone on the table infront of me. Not thinking about this much I got up to arrange everything. I was very excited as we were having a sleepover at the other's house after a very long time now. We would surely hangout with each other but it was also rare. Everyone was very busy with their own lives so I felt really nice that Y/N herself called to come over.
I happily cleaned my bedroom keeping her favorite snacks on the table of my room. I informed my parents that Y/N would be here for a sleepover and in no time the bell of my house rang indicating that she was here. I hurriedly made my way towards the door to find that my mom had already welcomed Y/N in.
I looked at her and we both hugged each other,
" Hiee Y/Niee!! How are you?"
"I'm fine Ahra! How are you?"
"I'm good too and got a lot better after seeing you here."
We were still hugging each other but broke the hug when my mom said, " Girls you both look like lost lovers who are meeting after years. Tho you both are not lovers and meeting only after a few hours." She said chuckling.
"Eomma! Y/N has come over for a night stay after such a long time. I missed having fun with her. Gossiping and sharing teas and what not!" I said.
"Yeah yeah right girls. You both can enjoy now I have made some snacks they are in the kitchen. I have to go out to get some groceries and other stuff." My mom said.
"Sure Aunty and thanks for the snacks." Y/N said smiling at my mom.
"It's ok dear you are like a family. And I consider you as my daughter. And I really missed having you around." She said capturing Y/N in a hug and I was like did they just forget I was here too. I put my hands on my waist and said, "I'm here too." And both mom and Y/N broke the hug making space for me to join.
Mom went away to get groceries and Y/N and I  were watching netflix. After some time I asked
Y/N about eating something but she kept looking at the T.V screen. She was not concentrating on the movie that was playing but was lost in her own thoughts. I called her again but she didn't seem to budge, I then shook her gently to get her out of her thoughts. She got startled and asked me what I was saying. I did found her behaviour a bit off initially. Even on the phone I suspected her voice as if she was crying. I shrugged off the thoughts and then asking her about having snacks I went off to the kitchen to get them.
After having lunch with my family and seeing a whole ass action film with Y/N the evening went pretty well. I had so much to talk about with Y/N. I missed having my best friend around.
I was done setting up a comfortable bedding for the night in my room and was coming downstairs to checkup on Y/N as she said she would make hot chocolate for the both of us and bring some cookies to have for the night. Seeing her standing facing the stove staring into nothingness I saw that the milk had already come to a boil and was about to burst out of the utensil any minute. And here Y/N was not even budging to turn off the stove. Before the milk would spill all over the stove I ran and turned the stove off. Sensing hurried movements beside her she came out of her daze and looked at the stove getting the idea that the milk was going to spill, she mouthed, "Sorry Ahra. I should've paid more attention to it."
"It's ok Y/N nothing has happened but are you ok?" I asked looking at her.
She mouthed a Yes I was going to ask her further about her constantly zoning out but she cut me off by saying,
"The milk is warmed I'll mix the chocolate powder take out the cookies for me."
I looked at her and saw her already starting off to mix it in our cups I sighed knowing that something is definately wrong with her. At first I was not sure and wasn't planning on asking her about it but it seems to affect her very much and I should confront her about it.
I waited for her to change into the pajamas that I gave her for the night. After a few minutes she came out of the washroom I gave her a smile and asked her to join me on the open balcony of my room. This was our favorite spot to reveal any secrets or gossip or just sit and stare at the sky at night, this was basically our hanging out spot. She sat besides me taking the hot cup of chocolate in her hands.
She took a sip and sighed and then looked at the sky with tired eyes.
We talked about some random stuff but the main thing I wanted to ask her was that was she really okay? She is the person who doesn't express her feeling even when she is in extreme pain or going through a tough phase she manages to always put on a smile on her face beacuse of which no one understands what's truly going inside her.
Cutting to the chase I asked her, "Are you really okay Y/Niee?" She looked at me and answered with a smile that she was okay.
I looked at her again and she was again staring at the sky. I patted her back. Her eyes welling up with tears as I kept stroking her back this was the only way she would be okay. By crying. I didn't know what exactly happened but thanks to the incident she will finally pour out her emotions that she has been suppressing for the past year.

Y/N's POV:
I felt good being with Ahra. She was like a cheerful medicine for me which would work instantly and the disadvantage of being with Ahra now would be that she would definately sense that something was wrong. And my assumptions were right. She definately suspected something odd but didn't ask me any questions. After the end of the evening we both sat on balcony. The cool air hitting my face making my nerves calm down. I took a sip of hot chocolate and felt nice. But then Ahra asked me, "Are you really okay Y/Niee?" I didn't wanted to worry her so I said that I was okay but was I truly ok. "No I wasn't." I kept looking Ahead of me not wanting to make an eye contact with my bestfriend because I was sure that I would end up breaking down. But even when I kept looking straight at the sky the tears in my eyes and the suppressed emotions betrayed me and exploded. She kept patting my back trying to sooth me and calm me down but my tears were continously rolling down. They were trapped in my eyes for so long that they just wanted to escape just like how I want to escape from all the hardships of my life.

Author's POV:
Ahra embraced Y/N as she kept crying for a long time not saying a word about the reason she was crying nor Ahra asked her. Crying was the best way for Y/N to lighten her heart from the emotional baggage she was carrying all this time. After sometime her cries converted into sniffles and eventually died down.
As Ahra notice that Y/N had stopped crying she asked her in a sweet voice,
"Do you want to talk about it now Y/N? There's no rush if you don't wanna talk about it now. I'll wait." She said letting Y/N go from her embrace. Y/N didn't reply to her and Ahra got a signal that she wasn't ready to talk about it and stood up to go inside the room. Seeing Ahra go back to the room Y/N also got up and went inside and sat on the bed meanwhile Ahra was sitting on the study table. After that there was silence for a few minutes and then Y/N spoke,
"I want to talk about it Ahrayaa. I don't wanna keep all the burden on me anymore. It's suffocating me."
She narrated the whole incident that happened earlier in the evening and Ahra listened to her silently. After spitting out everything there was silence in the room for sometime but then Y/N spoke,
"I know I had been doing very busy lately not giving any of you time and I am very sorry for that. Because of my ignorance Taehyung had to suffer and I was also not there for you when you needed me as a bestfriend. Coming here to visit you like this I saw how happy you were and only then I realized how people around me would have felt neglected. I'm really sorry for hurting you guys." Ahra hugged Y/N nodding her head as a no.
"No phabo you were not hurting me yes I missed you but I know what you were going through back then. There were alot of things on you plate. And you've always been there for me no matter what problems were you facing. And about Taehyung it is not your fault. Don't blame yourself. Ok?"
"Maybe it's entirely not my fault but partially I'm at fault. Only if I had been more considerate towards him we would not have being in this situation." Y/N said her voice cracking at the end.
"Maybe but don't blame yourself entirely for the situation. And there will be a way to handle this and I'm sure you'll find that way and if not then me and Jimin are always there for you even if something goes south so don't worry yourself by thinking about what if's. Hmm?" She said handing Y/N a glass of water.
She gulped down the water and then Ahra asked her again,
"So tell me do you still have feelings for Taehyung?"
Y/N looked towards her and thought about what to answer her as she herself didn't knew about it. She was trying to move on but did she completely move on from her past.
"I don't know Ahra but I think maybe no because if I had moved on this thing would not have effected me this much."
"Hmmm it's ok take your time and then sort this out."
"Yeah."
"Ok now let's go to sleep it's already past midnight now."
As they were going to go to bed there was knocking sound coming from the window both of the girls looked at each other confused and scared.
"Let me check." Ahra said and went towards the window.
"Yaah An Ahra are you out of your mind what if there's someone dangerous." Y/N said pulling her towards the bed again.
"Don't worry let me just check." She said and started taking slow steps towards the window. Unlocking it with shaking hands she pulled open the window only to get startled by her boyfriend's voice.
"Yaah Ahrayaa what took you so long I would've fallen from here if you wouldn't have opened the window." Jimin said whining.
Y/N put a hand on her chest to calm down her beating heart relived that there wasn't someone dangerous.
"Yaah Jiminie phabo you scared us." Ahra said.
"First pull me in my idiot girlfriend do you want me to die." Jimin said and Ahra pulled him inside the room and then he questioned,
"What do you mean by us is someone else present in the room?" As soon as he asked that question Y/N's head popped out from besides Ahra.
"Annyeong Chinguyaa (Hello my friend)" she said waving at Jimin.
"Annyeong" Jimin said waving at her and both of them exchanged weird smiles.
"Why are you here Jiminaahhh? That too this late at night?" Ahra questioned.
"Yaah you are questioning as if this is happening for the first time plus where the hell is your phone? I kept messaging you from the past 4 hours and you won't reply?"
" Ohh that I was with Y/N all the time and I did not check my phone." Ahra said scratching the back of her neck.
"You forgot me after Y/N came to spend time with you." Jimin said with a visible pout.
"No baby I did not." Ahra said caressing his cheek.
They were going on and on bickering ignoring the presence that was sitting on the bed watching all the drama happening infront of her. She signed and thought,
"Let these lovebirds have their alone time fighting. It would be better to shift to Mi-yeon's room (Ahra's younger sister).Taking her phone she silently walked out of the room and went to sleep.

Time skip: Next Day
Jungkook's POV:
Today's day was very boring. First because I didn't get to meet Y/N in the lunch hour. I texted her but she didn't replied. I was wondering if she was perhaps upset because we didn't go to the karaoke as planned but discarded the thought because I told her the reason that we can't go plus she is an understanding person and this was a very lame reason to get upset on.
And second because my bestfriend was absent today. Currently I was walking towards the changing room to get changed for the football practice that was scheduled after school.
I got changed and came on the field and saw my teammates and coach standing. I ran towards them and greeted my coach. I looked around and noticed that Taehyung wasn't present. This is odd he never misses football practices even if he ditches school. The coach instructed me to takeover as the leader for today and went away.
During the break I texted Taehyung but got no reply I tried calling him but the call transferred to the voice mail. I kept the phone aside and decided to visit him after practice.

The practice was done and I was standing infront of Tae's house. I rang the doorbell and his mother opened the door. I flashed a smile and said, "Annyeongahaseo Aunty."
"Ohh Annyeong Jungkookie! Thank god you are here. Come inside." She said sighing in relief. She wasn't smiling and looked like she was a bit stressed.
I entered inside the house.
"Aunty is Taehyung ok he didn't came to school today nor did he came for the football practice." I asked.
"Where do I even start. He came home yesterday and hasn't come out of the room since then. He hasn't had his food only came out in the morning to take some snacks." She said sighing.
"snacks. I have no idea what is wrong with him." she said sighing.
"Should I try to talk to him. Maybe he'll come out of the room." I said.
"Yeah please try to convince him if you can. I'll be really grateful."
"No aunty you don't need to be grateful. It's my duty as his bestfriend." I replied.
"You are a good Kid Jungkook. And yeah don't leave without having some snacks."she said smiling and got up to go to the kitchen.
I nodded my head as a yes and made my way upstairs to Taehyung's room. I was confused obviously as to why suddenly is he behaving like this.
Reaching infront of his room I tried to open it but obviouly it was locked I knew it would be loacked but just to check I tried opening it.
I knocked on it but got no response. After knocking for sometime I heard a voice from inside,
"Leave me alone Eomma I'm not hungry. Just leave me alone." he said.
"You fool I'm not your Eomma open the damn door."
There was no response so I again said,
"Taehyung open the door what are you up to let me in we can talk about the problem." I said.
There was again no response from the other side I was close to giving up and going back downstairs but the door creaked open. I opened  the door and stepped inside the room. The room was a mess and so was the person standing infront of me. Hair dishelved, eyes red and dark circles visible beneath them. He was still in the school uniform which I suppose he hasn't changed since yesterday. I scanned the room and then him.
"What condition have you made of yourself Tae. What is wrong?" I asked concerned.
He was trying to talk to me about something yesterday too but I wasn't able to listen to him. And now I was feeling guilty not listening to him because of the condition he had made of himself. He didn't speak a word and went and sat on his bed.
I looked at him confused and walked towards him.
"Tae I'm sorry for not listening to you yesterday I really am but please tell me what is troubling you?" I asked sitting besides him. He for the first time since I stepped inside the room looked straight into my eyes.
"Y/N! Did you meet her today?" He asked. Now I'm even more confused than before. Has something happened?
I furrowed my eyebrows and took some seconds to reply, " No I haven't met her today. But why are you asking about her?"
"Jungkook I need to tell you something. Please listen to me."
"Yes I'm here tell me I'm listening."
" I talked to Y//N yesterday and confessed that I still have feelings for her."

Author's POV:
After saying that Taehyung looked away but the boy infront of him felt as if someone had aimed an arrow straight at his heart. His heart sank and he wasn't able to think about anything.
"You did what Tae? Tell me everything from the beginning. Because I'm not able to understand anything? HOW COULD YOU STILL HAVE FEELINGS FOR HER WHEN YOU WERE THE ONE WHO BROKE UP??" he asked Taehyung his voice was low at first but then he kind of yelled in the end.
Taehyung looked at him with shocked eyes as Jungkook wasn't someone who would loose his calm this soon and yell especially at him.
"Yes I was the one who broke up but at Namjoon Hyung's party when I saw Y/N again with you I felt jealous I shrugged off the feeling at first but after Hwaan's incident happened I was furious I felt like killing Hwan then and there. I was feeling to protect Y/N and keep her always by my side. I couldn't accept this feeling but as the days passed I realized that I never fell out of love. I was just angry beacuse she ignored me. And misinterpreted my feelings and made a decision which I am regretting now." Taehyung said his eyes which were trying to hold back the tears since yesterday were set free rolling down his cheeks.
Jungkook was silent completely silent he wasn't able to utter a single word. His heart beating rapidly. He just kept staring at his bestfriend who was trying his best not to breakdown.
Jungkook was battling with his emotions. The confession that Taehyung made earlier was not easy for him to digest.
He needed time to think about it so the best option that he felt was saying this to Taehyung,
"Tae stop crying and go take a shower get changed into some fresh clothes and let's go down and have something to eat your mom is worried about you we'll talk about this after that." He said and went towards Taehyung's closet and fished out a pair of fresh clothes for him. Handing him the clothes he again directed Taehyung to go to the washroom. As soon as the door of the washroom closed he took a deep breath trying to calm himself down.

Taehyung's POV:
I finally said the truth to Jungkook. I didn't want to but it was necessary. I know he likes Y/N too and crying infront of him about my problems about the relationship I had with Y/N seemed pathetic but this is how it is. He didn't react to my confession about the whole thing instead told me go and freshen up. He's hiding his pain. I can see fear in his eyes. Fear of losing her.
But I did not question or talk about anything further and stepped inside the washroom. I think he is right I need to take a shower. I took a shower and came out wearing the fresh clothes he took out from the closet. As I stepped out I saw that my bedroom was cleaned all the mess that I made was not there anymore. I walked downstairs and saw my mom in the kitchen and Jungkook was helping her.
My mom saw me and exclaimed out loud,
"Oh son are you fine. It's fine if you loose a practice match. Keep the mistakes in mind and prepare for the main tournament, never lock yourself in the room because of such things. Do you even have the slightest idea how scared your dad and I were?" I looked at her guilt visible  in my eyes. No matter in what situation I am I shouldn't have worried my parents like that.
I went and hugged my mom.
"I'm sorry Eomma I will not repeat that again." I said she hugged me back and then after sometime she broke the hug, she flashed a smile at me and said,
"Come'on me and Jungkookie are preparing Hotteok you'll feel better after eating." She said and we entered the kitchen I saw Jungkook standing near the kitchen platform. When I saw that my mom got busy in the preparation of the snack I went towards Jungkook,
"Thanks Jungkook for handling Eomma."
"Don't mention it Tae." He said his voice did not had any emotions nor did it sounded cold. Before I could speak again my mom called me to help her.

Author's POV:
After having the Yummy Hotteok Taehyung's mom went to her study room as she got a call from her office. Both Jungkook and Tae were sitting on the dining table without uttering a word to each other. Jungkook broke the silence,
"Let's clean the dishes first then we can continue our talk that we left." He said getting up making his way towards the kitchen.
Both of the boys were sitting on the bench that was in courtyard of the house when Jungkook spoke,
"Taehyung I just want to tell you that don't hurt her again. Whatever you feel towards her be sure about it. You have already messed up her life once don't mess it up again."
Taehyung looked at Jungkook he was a bit shocked as he didn't expect Jungkook to be okay if Y/N and him got back together.
"It was never my intention to hurt her earlier too but unintentionally I made a very big mistake and I feel guilty about it. Heck because of that desicion she even got doubts if I ever loved her." Taehyung spoke smiling sadly.
"Hmmm..... I hope you would take the right decision because she has gone through a lot even when she was dating you. I wasn't gonna reveal this to you but I think I need to tell you that the person whom you broke up with saying that she doesn't give you time and attention did everything in her control to keep you away from negativity."
Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows in confusion  as he remembered Y/N also saying that it's not his fault as he doesn't know what was going on in her life.
"Is there something that I don't know about? Because I feel like I'm missing in on something that is very important and serious?"
"Yeah you are. Y/N sure is ambitious about doing whatever she does she does is with her whole heart. She sure wants everything to be perfect and puts extra effort in it which consumes alot of her time but she is a human too and she has a heart beating inside her. You being the famous handsome football captain of the school who is dating a studious girl stirred up the whole school. Everyone talked about the both of you and while talking some gossiped about it and your so called 'crazy fangirls' would bully Y/N in every way they can. Talk shit about her, compare her to the girls who had a crush on you and how you could do so much better than her. She used to dodge those comments and when it would get out of hand she would sure try to make things right in whatever way it was possible without you knowing because apperently she didn't wanted you to stress out.
And about her not giving you time for those 2 months she sure was busy with her extra curriculars but did you know her mom had to undergo a surgery and she was there supporting her father during that time and taking care of her family." Jungkook complete and after hearing this tears already started streaming down his eyes again. He was already guilty but after this piece of information had went in his ears he was more guilty than before and realized that he had hurt someone who truly loved and cared for him making him regret his decisions more.
"Don't cry. If you feel this guiltier make things right Tae." Jungkook said patting his bestfriends back.
"How did you knew about everything and I didn't? Did Y/N tell you this herself?" He asked sniffling.
"Yes I knew everything from the beginning. I saw her crying once after hearing some girls making malicious comments about her and asked her about it."
"Why are you supporting me like this Jungkook? When you know I do not deserve Y/N? I lost her a year back and reclaiming her back just makes me look like a pathetic jerk with no shame. Dosen't it?" He asked looking at Jungkook.
"No Tae you aren't a pathetic Jerk. Everyone makes mistakes in their life but rectifying them is what's important after realizing that we have done something wrong or have hurt someone. And to court Y/N again is not shamelesness if you are pretty sure that you like her. Plus both you and Y/N are very close to my heart so I would want both of you to be happy." Jungkook said with a smile but his heart broke into pieces while saying this. His eyes were getting moist but he controlled his tears.
" I think I need to go now or else my eomma would get worried I didn't inform her about coming home late. Take care and don't feel down or lock yourself again behind the door. If you need to talk call me." Jungkook said and got up to go but the next words that escaped Taehyung's nouth made him to stop in his tracks,
"Don't you like her too Jungkook?"
Jungkook turned back and chuckled,
"Yes Tae I do like her alot. This is the first time I have admitted it out aloud even when I knew I felt this way for her but I never accepted these feelings and now I'm afraid that this will also be the last time I'm saying it out aloud." He said and walked away his tears finally escaping his eyes.

Taehyung sat there still on the bench staring into nothingness and thought, "Jungkook you are scared and dissapointed that she might not have feelings for you but I'm scared that she might actually reciprocate your feelings and I'll loose her."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

412 29 16
Taehyung a student in high school. Has never had a boyfriend. Not that he doesn't have the looks, because oh boy yes he does. He just doesn't have th...
5.5K 248 35
book of texts and imagines between bts and you, with different scenarios ✨⚘ -REQUESTS OPEN- ENJOY~!
3K 119 12
You're a young girl, who's a little bit introverted and afraid to be under everybody's eyes. You only have your best friend, but it's ok for you. You...
264K 10.3K 20
- a Park Jimin fanfiction - in which a girl gets married to a prince because of a marriage contract from their grandfathers. Lee Haneul was forced to...