Unbreakable Hope

By TheQuietHufflepuff

Four months. That's how long Elena Lampros had been hearing the screams. She'd been locked away for three mo... More

Aesthetic and Playlist
Season Four
01. Lazarus Rising
02. Are You There, God? It's Me, Dean Winchester
03. In the Beginning
04. Metamorphosis
05. Monster Movie
06. Yellow Fever
07. It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester
08. Wishful Thinking
09. I Know What You Did Last Summer
10. Heaven and Hell
11. Family Remains
12. Criss Angel is a Douchebag
13. After School Special
15. Death Takes a Holiday
16. On the Head of a Pin
17. It's a Terrible Life
18. The Monster at the End of This Book
19. Jump the Shark
20. The Rapture
21. When the Levee Breaks
22. Lucifer Rising
Season Five
23. Sympathy For the Devil
24. Good God, Y'all!
25. Free to Be You and Me
26. The End
27. I Believe the Children Are Our Future
28. The Curious Case of Dean Winchester
29. Changing Channels
30. The Real Ghostbusters
31. Abandon All Hope...
32. Sam, Interrupted
33. The Song Remains the Same
34. My Bloody Valentine
35. Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid
36. Dark Side of the Moon
37. 99 Problems
38. Hammer of the Gods
39. The Devil You Know
40. Two Minutes to Midnight
41. Swan Song
Season Six
42. Exile on Main St.
43. Two and a Half Men
44. The Third Man
45. Weekend at Bobby's
46. Live Free or Twi-hard
47. You Can't Handle the Truth
48. Family Matters
49. All Dogs Go to Heaven
50. Clap Your Hands If You Believe...
51. Caged Heat
52. Appointment in Samarra
53. Like a Virgin
54. Unforgiven
55. Mannequin 3: The Reckoning
56. The French Mistake
57. ...And Then There Were None
58. My Heart Will Go On
59. Frontierland
60. Mommy Dearest
61. The Man Who Would Be King
62. Let It Bleed
63. The Man Who Knew Too Much
Season Seven
64. Meet the New Boss
65. Hello, Cruel World
66. The Girl Next Door
67. Defending Your Life
68. Slash Fiction
69. Season Seven, Time for a Wedding!
70. How to Win Friends and Influence Monsters
71. Death's Door
72. Adventures in Babysitting
73. Time After Time

14. Sex and Violence

93 3 0
By TheQuietHufflepuff

INT. HOUSE - EVENING

A woman tenderized meat.

Outside the window, a man exited his car. He entered the kitchen and asked, "Hey... What?"

"Ted's kinda cracking the whip, isn't he?" the woman replied.

"You think I like coming home late? I'm working my ass off."

The woman picked up plate of meat. "Okay. Sorry."

The man moved to kiss her temple. "No, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Long day."

She moved about the room. "Oh hey, I ran into Jill Martin today. Gary's turning 40 on Saturday."

"Yeah?"

"She invited us to the party."

"What'd you tell her?"

"That we'd go."

He slammed the fridge door. "You're kidding!"

"What? You like Gary!"

"Yeah. That doesn't mean that I want to waste my Saturday night with him."

"I thought you'd want to go."

He spoke angrily. "I don't believe you!"

"It's fine. I'll call Jill and tell her we can't make it." She leaned to turn on lamp. "What's with you tonight? It's like you wanna have a fight or something."

She turned from the lamp as he lifted the meat cleaver over his head. He struck her repeatedly. Blood splattered over their wedding picture.

INT. MOTEL ROOM

A man's body was under a blanket in bed. A woman was curled up next to him, under his jacket as there was no couch. Dean and Elena were sleeping.

"Yeah," Sam said.

A truck horn sounded. Dean and Elena woke. They turned to see that Sam was not in his bed.

Sam continued. "Yeah, that's what I'm telling you. No storms, no bad crops, nothing."

Dean and Elena both leaned up on an elbow and watched Sam talk on the phone in the bathroom.

"Yeah, okay. We'll keep looking. You keep looking too, okay? All right. Talk soon." Sam hung up. Dean quickly laid down, pretending to sleep.

Sam entered main room, watching Dean. He poked him with his bathroom bag. "Hey. Up and at 'em, kiddo."

Dean rubbed his eyes. "You're up early. What are you doing?"

"Nothing. I was in the can."

"Yeah?" Dean and Elena replied in a questioning tone before she stretched her arms.

"Yeah. You want me to draw you two a picture?"

"Nah, I'll pass," Dean said.

"Found a job. Bedford, Iowa. Guy beat his wife's brains out with a meat tenderizer."

"Yikes."

"And get this. Third local inside two months to gank his wife. No priors on any of 'em, all happily married."

"Ahh. Sounds like Ozzie and Harriet."

Sam smirked. "More like The Shining."

"All right, well I guess we'd better have a look."

INT. PRISON INTERVIEW ROOM

"Why does the PD keep sending you guys? I already said I don't want a lawyer," a man said.

"They're lining up the firing squad," Dean told him.

"I'm pleading guilty."

"All right, look, you don't want us to represent you, that's fine. In fact it's probably not a bad idea, between you and me. We just wanna understand what happened, that's all."

"Mr. Benson. Please," Sam and Elena stated.

Mr. Benson looked between them. "What happened was, I killed my wife. You wanna know why? Because she made plans without asking me."

"Now when it happened, how did you feel?" Sam questioned. "Disoriented, out of control?"

"Like something possessed you to do it?" Dean added.

"I knew exactly what I was doing. I was crystal clear," Mr. Benson answered.

"Then why'd you do it?" Dean and Elena asked.

"I don't know. I loved her. We were happy."

Dean placed some papers on the table and tapped them. "Nine G's. That's a hefty bill."

"Where did you get that?"

"Doesn't matter. We have it. See, certain charges, ones you don't want the missus to know... they show up under shady names like 'M & C Entertainment'."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Like dropping plastic at a nudie bar for instance."

"We just wanna know the truth, Mr Benson."

"Her name was Jasmine."

"She was a stripper?" Sam asked.

Dean glanced at his brother. "Dude, her name was Jasmine."

"I didn't mean for it to happen, I don't like to go to strip bars," Mr. Benson said. "My buddy was having a bachelor party, and there she was."

"Jasmine," Sam and Elena said.

"She came right up to me. And... I dunno, she was just... perfect. Everything that I wanted."

"Well you pay enough and anybody will be anything," Dean reasoned.

"It wasn't about the money. It wasn't even about the sex. It was... I dunno. I... I don't know what it was. It's hard to explain."

"And your wife found out?" Sam questioned.

"No, she never had a clue."

Elena frowned. "Then why'd you kill her?"

"For Jasmine. She said we would be together forever. If... if only Vicki was..."

Dean, under his breath, said, "Muertos."

"Afterwards, me and Jasmine were supposed to meet and she never showed. I don't know where she lives, I don't know her last name, I don't even know her real first name! I'm an idiot."

"And you didn't think to tell this to the cops?" Sam asked.

"What for? The stripper didn't do it, I did it. And I know what I deserve. The judge doesn't give me the death sentence, I'll just do it myself."

INT. HOSPITAL OFFICE

A woman sat behind a desk. She tipped some tablets from a bottle into her hand. The name on the office door read Dr. Cara Roberts.

Sam and Elena entered the office as Cara swallowed the tablets and rubbed her temples and they asked, "Rough night?"

Cara glanced at them. "Fun night. Rough morning." Sam and Elena sniggered. "Can I help you two?"

"Ahhh... yes. Um, I'm Special Agent Stiles, FBI," Sam replied. "This is my partner Special Agent Case. You Doctor Cara Roberts?"

"Far as I know."

"You do some work with the Sheriff's department?"

"Yeah, when I'm not slogging it through the ER. It's a small town. We multi-task."

Elena offered a light smile. "Well, my partner and I have some questions about a case. About several cases actually. Do you mind if we sit?" Cara motioned Sam and Elena to two chairs. "Great. Adam Benson, Jim Wylie, and Steve Snyder."

"Oh yeah, the men who killed their wives?"

"You handled their work-ups, right?" Sam asked.

"Autopsies for the wives and tox screens for the perps. Two-for-one special."

"You find anything?"

"Not really. I mean, c.o.d. on the women was pretty clear. There was nothing unusual in their systems."

"What about the husbands?"

"Can I... see your badges again?" Cara looked closely at Sam and Elena's badges, and at Sam and Elena. "There was one thing, um, an anomaly in the blood work. And I remember thinking how strange it was that it showed up in all three of the men."

"That what showed up?" Elena questioned.

"Oxytocin. And their levels were crazy high."

"Ah," Sam noted. "Oxytocin?"

"Mm-hmm, it's a hormone that's produced during childbirth, lactation and sex."

"Okay," Sam and Elena replied.

"People call it the love hormone. Um, you know how it feels when you first fall in love. The whole weak in the knees, tattoo you on my chest thing? That's oxytocin. Of course it eventually fades and then you're stuck with every relationship ever. That and the painful regime of tattoo removal."

Sam and Cara smiled at each other. He subtly glanced at Elena who didn't notice.

Dean entered. "What'd I miss?"

Sam said to Cara, "Ahh, this is our partner, Agent Murdoch."

Dean held out his hand. "Please, "Agent" sounds so formal. You can call me Dean."

Cara shook his hand briskly. "I'm Doctor Roberts." She turned back to Sam and Elena. "So, um, can I help you two with anything else?"

"Uhh, sure, just one more thing," Sam answered. "This chemical, this..."

"Oxytocin."

"Oxytocin," Elena repeated. "What would cause those high levels that you found?"

"Nothing that I've ever seen."

Sam glanced at Elena who subtly nodded. "Okay. That's it. Thanks Doc."

Sam and Cara exchanged smiles again. The trio moved to the door. Dean moved through, followed by Elena.

Sam hesitated, then turned back. "By the way... try a greasy breakfast. Best thing for a hangover."

Cara smiled. "Watch it buddy, I'm the only M.D. here."

Outside Cara's office, Dean, Elena and Sam walked away.

"Dude, you and Elena totally C-blocked me," Dean said.

Elena shook her head. "We didn't C-block you. She wasn't interested. Sorry, Dean."

OUTSIDE

Dean, Elena and Sam were leaving the hospital.

"So Whylie and Snyder totally fessed up, huh?" Sam asked.

"One emptied his IRA, the other, his kids' college fund, all on the same day," Dean replied.

"Live nude girls?"

"A club called 'The Honey Wagon'."

"These guys have affairs too, with a stripper also known as Jasmine?" Elena questioned.

"Yes and no. This is where it gets interesting. Each guy hooked up with a different chick."

Sam frowned. "So, what? These girls all connected somehow?"

"Well, they all described their stripper in the same way, the exact same way. Perfect, and everything that they wanted."

"Yeah, at least until dream Barbie convinced them to murder their wives."

"There's that."

"You know, it's almost like they were under some kinda love spell."

"Sure seems that way."

"Which caused them to become totally psychotic," Elena added.

"Absolutely."

"You seem pretty cheery," Sam noted.

"Strippers, Sammy, Elena. Strippers. We're on an actual case involving strippers. Finally."

EXT. THE HONEY WAGON BAR

Dean showed his badge to security and entered the club.

INT. THE HONEY WAGON BAR

Thunder Kiss '65 by White Zombie was playing.

Dean spoke to the manager. "I'm looking for three girls. Jasmine, Aurora and Ariel."

"You seriously think those names mean anything to me?" the manager retorted.

"One's a redhead about 5'9". The other one's Asian, about..."

"You have any idea how many girls I deal with? Fake names, fake hair, fake..."

"You gotta have some sort of paperwork. Check stubs. Some way to keep track of the strippers."

"Please, exotic dancers. Independent contractors working for cash. I stay out of their hair, they stay out of what little I have left."

"Three of your customers murdered their wives. You don't think that that's weird?"

"Yeah. I think that's super-friggin' weird. But you know what it ain't? My problem."

The manager left. Dean saw Sam and Elena and walked over to them.

"Any luck?" Sam and Elena asked.

"No," Dean replied. "You two?"

"A little," Sam said. "We just talked to Bobby, we officially have a theory."

"What's that?"

"Siren," Sam and Elena answered.

"Like Greek myth siren, the Odessey?" Sam and Elena gave Dean a surprised look. "Hey, I read!"

Elena smiled and nodded. "Yeah, actually. But the siren's not actually a myth, it's more of a beautiful creature that preys on men, enticing them with their siren song."

"Let me guess, Welcome to the Jungle? No, no. Warrant's Cherry Pie."

"Their song is more of a metaphor, like... like their call, their allure, you know?"

"So they shake their thing and the guys zombie out."

"Basically, yeah," Sam confirmed. "Sirens lived on islands, sailors would chase 'em, completely ignoring the rocky shores... and dash themselves to pieces."

"Sounds like Adam and his buddies."

"Yeah. If you were a siren in '09 looking to ruin a bunch of morons, where would you set up shop?"

"So whatever floats the guy's boat, that's what they look like?"

Elena nodded. "Yeah. You see, sirens can read minds. They see what you want most and then they can kinda, like, cloak themselves. You know, like an illusion."

"So it could all be the same chick? Morphing into, uh, to different dream girls?"

"Yeah, actually. Probably. Sirens are usually pretty solitary," Sam informed.

"How do we kill it?"

"Bobby's working on it. Even if we figure that out..." Elena trailed.

"How the hell are we gunna find it? It could be anybody."

---

A young man sat in a booth and a stripper approached.

"Hey, Belle," Lenny greeted.

Belle took his hand and led him from the bar. "I thought you'd never come."

INT. APARTMENT

Lenny looked in on someone sleeping, then closed the door before saying to Belle, "It's okay, she's asleep."

"Lenny, you're amazing," Belle told him. "Taking care of her like this? Most guys would have put her in a nursing home."

"It's no big deal. She's my mom."

"Like I said. Amazing."

They had sex on the couch. Belle's reflection in the mirror was a haggard monster.

LATER

"Baby. I love you so much," Belle said. "The way you take care of me and your mom. You're so sweet. And strong. I just wish you didn't have to carry it all. I mean, your mom takes up all your time. As long as she's around we can't really be happy."

"She's not so bad," Lenny replied.

"I could be with you, forever. If only your mom wasn't here. Don't you wanna be with me forever?"

"Yeah. Yeah, you know I do."

"Then bash your mother's brains in. Baby, do it for me. Do it, baby."

"Yeah. Okay. If you say so."

"I love you."

Lenny took a poker from the fireplace and walked to his mother's room. Striking sounds and cries were heard.

INT. MOTEL ROOM

Dean was alone. He stared at, then picked up, Sam's phone and scrolled to an unknown number. He rang it.

Ruby answered. "Hey, Sam... Sam?... You there...?"

Dean quickly hung up, looking upset.

Sam and Elena entered.

"Lenny Bristol was definitely another siren vic," Sam informed.

"You get in to see him?"

Elena nodded. "Yes. He bought home a stripper named Belle. Couple hours later he offed his mother. Belle, of course, went MIA."

"Wait, he killed his mom?"

"The woman he was closest too," Sam replied as his phone rang.

"Yeah, you, uh, forgot your cell phone." He tossed Sam his phone.

Sam gave Dean a worried look, causing Elena to frown as he answered. "Hey Bobby."

"Sam. You find her yet?"

"Ahhh, no. And, uh, it doesn't seem like she's slowing down any. You got anything?"

"Well, some lore from a dusty Greek poem. Shockingly, it's a little vague."

"Hold on a sec, I'll put you on speaker."

"It says you need "a bronze dagger, covered in the blood of a sailor, under the spell of the song"."

"What the hell does that mean?" Dean asked.

"You got me. We're dealing with 3000 years of the telephone game here."

"Best guess?" Sam and Elena said.

"Well, the siren's spell ain't got nothing to do with any song. It's most likely some kind of toxin or venom. Something she gets in the vic's blood."

"And makes them go all Manchurian Candidate. Uh, what do you think, she infects the men during sex?" Sam guessed.

"Maybe."

"Supernatural STD," Dean commented.

"Well, however it happens, once it's done the siren's gotta watch her back. She gets a dose of her own medicine..."

"It kills her," Sam and Elena finished.

"Like a snake getting iced by its own venom."

"So we just gotta find a way to juice one of the OJs in jail?" Dean questioned.

"Not that easy. None of those guys are under the spell anymore. Haven't got a clue where you're going to get the blood you need."

"I think Elena and I might have an idea," Sam said.

"Be careful. These things are tricky bitches. Wrap you up in knots before you know what hit ya."

INT. HOSPITAL

"Dr. Roberts," Sam and Elena called.

"Agent Stiles. Agent Case. Can't stay away, huh?"

"Actually, uh, we're here on business," Sam told her. "About the blood samples. The ones with the high...you know... oxytocin?"

"You still have them?" Dean asked.

"Mm-hmm," Cara hummed.

"Good, we need them."

"What for?"

A man approached. "Excuse me, Dr. Roberts?"

"Yeah?"

Dean got out his FBI badge. "Excuse me, uh, we're a little busy here, buddy."

The man got out his own FBI badge. "Yeah, so am I, pal."

"Doc, can you give us a sec, please?" Sam said.

Cara backed away. "Sure."

"Thanks," Sam and Elena replied.

"What's your name?" Dean asked.

"Nick Munroe," the man replied. "What's yours?"

"I'm Special Agent Sam Stiles, these are my partners Dean Murdoch and Elena Case," Sam told Munroe. "What office are you from?"

"Omaha, Violent Crimes Unit. My SAC sent me down here to see about the murders."

"Hmm."

"You?"

"D.C. Our Assistant Director assigned us," Dean said.

"Oh, which AD?"

"Mike Kaiser," Sam and Elena answered.

"What are your badge numbers?"

Dean frowned. "You're kidding, right?"

"I'm just following protocol."

Sam handed Munroe a card. "Look man, whatever. Just call our AD, he'll sort things out."

Munroe dialed the number.

"D.C. Bureau."

"Yeah, Assistant Director Kaiser, please," Munroe said.

"Well, that would be me. What can I do for you?"

"Yes, sir. Hello. It's Agent Nick Munroe. I'm calling about two of your men and one of your women. Stiles, Murdoch and Case? Uh, it seems that they've been put on my case by mistake?"

Bobby was on other end of line, frying his lunch. "Are you questioning my authority?"

"No, no, no, sir. I'm not questioning..."

"You coulda fooled me. Last time I checked, son, D.C. has jurisdiction. Or am I wrong?"

"Ahhh, no sir."

"Well, good. Well, the next time you wanna waste my time with stupid questions, don't."

---

Bobby hung up phone along a line of phones marked Fed Marshall, FBI, CIA, etc. and muttered, "Oh, those idiots."

---

Munroe moved back to Dean, Elena and Sam. "I'm sorry, guys."

"Just don't let it happen again," Dean retorted.

"Where are you at with this?"

"Well, I was just about to run the, uh, perps' bloodwork."

"Case and I already checked, dead end," Sam replied.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah," Sam and Elena confirmed.

"But get this. I feel like I found something that, uh, connects all the murderers."

"Really?"

Munroe nodded. "They were all banging strippers... from the same club."

"You don't say!" Dean cried.

"What do you say we, uh, go down there and check it out?"

"Well, here's the thing, Nick. See, we're kinda lone wolves..."

"You know what, that sounds like an excellent idea," Sam agreed. "Just... just give me a second with my partners and we'll, uh... one sec." He turned to his brother. "Come here. Dude, you gotta stay with him."

"What?"

"Keep him outta the way."

"Why me?"

"'Cause he and I gotta get the blood samples," Elena said.

"What the hell am I supposed to do with him?"

"Just take him to the strip club...keep an eye out for the siren. Come on, Dean, just... just focus on the naked girls," Sam suggested. "You'll forget he's even there!"

"I'm not doing this for either of you, I'm doing it for the girls."

EXT. PARKING LOT OF HOSPITAL

"All right, we're taking my ride, no complaining about the tunes," Dean said.

"No way. You drive an Impala?" Munroe asked.

"Yeah."

"It's a '67, right? It's a 327 four barrel."

"Yeah, actually."

"It's a thing of beauty."

"Thanks."

"How the hell did you talk the Bureau into letting you drive your own wheels?"

INT. HOSPITAL

"You want this blood because..." Cara trailed.

"Uh, we'd like to run some tests," Sam explained.

"You know, I've run every test there is. It's, um, my job. Notice the lab coat."

Elena smiled briefly. "We know a specialist who'd like to try out a theory."

Cara moved to the cabinet. "If you say so." She slid out a tray of test tubes. "What the hell?"

"What?" Sam and Elena asked.

"The blood's gone."

INT. STRIP CLUB

Steal the World by Brian Tichy played. Dean and Munroe were drinking shots at a table.

"Nobody's Fault But Mine," Dean said.

"Zeppelin recorded it in '75. It was a cover of a Blind Willie Johnson tune," Munroe answered.

"Nice."

"You Shook Me."

"'69, debut album, written by Willie Dixon."

"And...?"

"And what?"

"Written by Willie Dixon and J.B. Lenoir."

"Dude. Dude! You know, for a fed, you're not a total dick."

"Aren't we both feds?"

"Yeah, I know, I just... you know, not a lot of feds are as cool as us, huh?"

"So what the hell with this case, man? How does a girl talk four different johns into murder?"

"It's a crazy world."

"I guess. Hey, can I level with you?"

"Mmm."

"I found something kinda weird."

"Well. You have bought your weird to the right spot. Lay it on me."

"I went to the crime scene this morning. Saw them bagging this up." He handed Dean some purple petals in a plastic bag. "So I went back, uh, through all the files. It turns out a flower just like that was found at every crime scene."

"Like it was left on purpose?"

"You know, sometimes a serial killer will leave an object behind, like a calling card. But with this case? Tell you the truth, I got no idea what's going on."

"I think I might. I've seen a flower like this before."

INT. HOSPITAL

"We've watched them twice. Whoever took the blood..." Cara trailed.

"Must have tampered with the tapes," Sam finished. "Who has access to your office?"

"Everybody. I don't lock it."

"You what?" Sam and Elena asked.

"I've never had this problem before. What is so important about the blood anyway?"

"My partner and I think someone drugged the men, made them commit murder," Sam replied.

"What? What kind of drug?"

"Ahh, we're not sure yet."

"I don't know. I mean, I interviewed those guys and they had their reasons."

"Yeah but they all loved their victims."

"I'm sure they did. Come on. Haven't you ever been in a relationship where you really love somebody and still kinda wanted to bash their head in?"

"Sounds like you're speaking from experience," Elena noted.

"Yeah."

"Look, I'm sorry, I don't mean to pry."

"It's okay. I was the one who bought it up." Cara opened a bottle of whiskey and poured two glasses, offering a third. "Agent Case?"

Elena shook her head. "I've got go, but you two enjoy the night. Have a good time." She left.

Sam looked at the whiskey. "Really?"

"It's medicine," Cara said. "I'm a doctor. His name was Karl. We were married."

They clinked glasses.

"So what happened?" Sam inquired.

"Life happened. I don't know. I mean I loved him. Still do I guess but... I don't know. It's like one day I looked up and I was living with a stranger and... you know what I mean, right?"

"I guess. Or, I don't know, maybe."

"People change. I know I did. But it's nothing to feel guilty about. It happens."

"So you two split up?"

"I suppose that's a word for it."

Sam's phone rang and he looked at the number.

"Do you need to get that?"

"Nope. Not right now."

Cara poured them both another drink. "Whatever. We've all got our own sad stories, so... screw it. Have fun, no regrets and live life like there's no tomorrow." They clinked glasses again and Cara moved closer. "For instance, I have been thinking about you, all night. Well, parts of you."

"Just parts?"

"Mmm-hmmm. Like your lips. They're very distracting. It's a problem. And I can't stop thinking about kissing them."

"That so?"

"So... what the hell, huh?"

They had sex against the window, next to a bunch of the same flowers Munroe had given Dean earlier.

INT. MOTEL

Elena was curled up, asleep on one of the beds. Her phone rang, but she didn't hear.

INT. MOTEL HALLWAY

Sam walked down the hall and entered their room. Elena was asleep on the bed. He got out his phone.

Dean, who was driving, spoke. "Sam! Where the hell have you and Elena been?"

"With Cara," Sam replied.

"Oh, it's Cara now? And you're not picking up your phone? And neither is Elena?"

"We were trying to find the blood samples – someone stole 'em."

"Yeah, I bet!"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nick found flower petals at the crime scenes. Hyacinths."

"So?"

"Hyacinths? Mediterranean. From the island where the whole friggin' siren myth started in the first place."

"Okay."

"Sam, Cara had hyacinth flowers!"

"You think Cara's the siren?"

"Well, I did a little checking up on her. She's only been in town for two months."

"Yeah. And?"

"And she has an ex-husband. A dead ex-husband, Carl Roberts. Dropped like a stone, no warning. Supposedly a heart attack."

"Well, maybe it was a heart attack."

"You're kidding me."

"Look, I just don't think it's her."

"And what makes you so sure?"

"I dunno, a hunch."

"A hunch? I'm giving you cold hard facts here and you're giving me a hunch? What does Elena have to say about it?" There were a few seconds of loaded silence. "Did you sleep with her?"

"No."

"Holy crap. You did. Middle of Basic Instinct and you bang Sharon Stone? Sam, you could be under her spell right now! If Elena did something, she could be under her spell!"

"Dude, I'm not under her spell. Elena's asleep. She's fine."

"Unbelievable, man. I just don't get it."

"What?"

"Nothing."

"No. Say it."

"No, It's just... first it's Madison, and then Ruby, and now Cara. It's like... what is with you and banging monsters? And now you're leaving Elena alone?"

"Dean, I'm telling you, it's not Cara. I feel fine. Elena, like I told you, is asleep. She's a big girl. She can handle herself."

"I'll bet you do. She can, but stil."

"You don't trust me?"

"No. Because this could be the siren talking."

"Look, tell me where you are, I'll come meet you and we'll figure things out."

"No."

"Are you serious?"

"I wish I weren't. I gotta handle this, Sam. By myself. Watch out for Elena."

They hung up. Sam threw his phone across the room.

Elena sat up and asked, "What is it?"

"Dean thinks Cara is the siren."

"But she's not. I'm pretty sure. You feel okay, right?"

"Yeah. You too, right?"

"Yeah. Sam, what if Dean's in trouble? Do you think he is?"

"He might be."

INT. IMPALA

"Sam and Elena are in trouble, Bobby. I think the siren's worked her mojo on them. Give me a call as soon as you get this."

Dean hung up and immediately made another call.

"Hey man, what's up?" Munroe asked.

"I need your help."

"Uh, sure. With what?"

"Canvassing. We gotta find somebody."

---

Munroe sat in his car outside a bar. He watched Cara get out of a taxi and walk inside.

Dean slid into Munroe's passenger seat.

"She went in just a second ago," Munroe informed.

"Nice work," Dean complimented.

"Should we follow her in?"

"No, no, no, I don't wanna tip her off. Let's just wait and see who she comes out with."

"So you think... what? She's drugging these guys?"

"Pretty much."

"Uh-huh."

"I know how it sounds."

"You sure about that? 'Cause it sounds like crazy on toast. All these different strippers, they're magically the same girl? But then they're not strippers at all, it's Dr Quinn."

"It's kinda hard to explain, but I have my reasons and they're good ones, so you're just gunna have to trust me on 'em."

"Yeah. Okay. I guess."

Dean was surprised. "Thank you. That's actually nice to hear."

Dean took a swig from his hip flask and offered it to Munroe. Munroe drank and handed it back. Dean took another swig.

"So let's say she is drugging her vics. How's she pulling that off?" Munroe asked.

"She could be injecting them, you know, or passing the toxin through, uh, physical contact," Dean guessed.

"Or it could be her saliva... You really should have wiped the lip of that thing before you drank from it, Dean." A look of realization crossed Dean's face. "I should be your little brother. Sam. You can't trust him. Not like you can trust me." Munroe's reflection in the rearview mirror was that of a monster. "In fact, I really feel like you should get him outta the way, so we can be brothers. Forever. You should get Elena outta the way, too."

"Yeah. Yeah, you're right."

INT. MOTEL ROOM

Sam and Elena entered. Munroe was sitting on the bed.

"Nick. What are you doing here?" Sam asked.

Dean jumped Sam and Elena and held a knife to both their throats.

"Dean?" Sam and Elena called.

Sam looked at Munroe. "I gotta tell ya, you're one butt ugly stripper."

"Well, maybe. But I got exactly what I wanted. I got Dean," Munroe told them.

"Dean, come on man, this isn't you. You can fight this. Let me go. Let her go."

Munroe looked at Dean. "Why don't you cut them? Just a little, on their necks right there."

Dean sliced Sam's neck. He held the knife near Elena's neck and she pushed him back.

"Dean's all mine," Munroe said.

"You poisoned him," Sam retorted.

"No. I gave him what he needed. And it wasn't some bitch in a G-string. It was you. A little brother that looked up to him, that he could trust. And now he loves me. He'd do anything for me. And I gotta tell you, Sam, that kind of devotion? I mean, watching someone kill for you? It's the best feeling in the world."

"Is that why you're slutting all over town?"

"Ahh. I get bored, like we all do. And I wanna fall in love again. And again... and again."

"I'll tell you what. She and I have fought some nasty sons of bitches, but you are one needy pathetic loser."

"You two won't feel that way in a minute."

Munroe grabbed Sam's cheeks and squirted toxin from his mouth onto Sam's  lips and chin. "So I know you two have a lot you wanna get off your chests. So why don't you discuss it? And whoever survives can be with me forever."

Sam and Dean turned to face each other. Elena stood back, trying to figure out the first thing to do.

"Well, I don't know when it happened. Maybe when I was in Hell. Maybe when I was staring right at you. But the Sam I knew, he's gone," Dean said.

"That so?" Sam replied.

"And it's not the demon blood or the psychic crap. It's the little stuff. The lies. The secrets."

"Oh, yeah? What secrets?"

"The phone calls to Ruby for one."

"So I need your say-so to make a phone call?"

"That's the point. You're hiding things from me. And from her. What else aren't you telling us?"

"None of your business."

"See what I mean? We used to be in this together. We used to have each other's backs."

"Okay, fine. You know why I didn't tell you or Frankie about Ruby, and how we're hunting down Lilith? Because you're both too weak to go after her, Dean. You're holding me back. I'm a better hunter than you are. Stronger, smarter. I can take out demons you're too scared to go near."

"That's crap."

"You're too busy sitting around feeling sorry for yourself. Whining about all the souls you tortured in Hell. Boo hoo." Dean and Sam started fighting, trading many punches. "You're not standing in my way anymore."

Dean ran at Sam. They crashed through the door onto the hallway floor. Dean got up while Sam laid on the ground. Dean broke the emergency glass and got an axe, then stood staring down at Sam.

"Do it. Do it for me, Dean," Munroe said.

Dean looked at Sam. "Tell me again how weak I am, Sam, huh? How I hold you back?"

Dean swung the axe over his head as Sam covered his face with his arm and Elena shielded Sam's body with hers.

At the top of the swing, the axe was grabbed as Bobby stepped in. He jabbed Dean in the shoulder with a bronze knife, making him cry out.

Munroe began to run down the hall. Bobby raised the knife.

"No. NO!" Sam and Elena yelled.

Bobby flung the knife. It hit Munroe square in the back. As he fell dead, his siren reflection was shown in a mirror.

EXT. OUTSIDE

The four leaned against cars. Bobby handed drinks around.

"Thanks," Sam and Elena replied.

"Soda?" Dean asked.

"You boys and girl are driving, aren't ya? Wouldn't want you to kill yourselves."

"Thanks, Bobby. You know, if you hadn't shown up when you did..." Sam trailed.

"Done the same for me, more than once. 'Course, you coulda picked up the phone. Only took one call to figure out that Agent Nick Munroe wasn't real." There was an awkward silence. "You boys and girl gunna be okay?"

"Yeah, fine," Sam and Elena replied.

"Yeah, good," Dean said.

Bobby tipped his hat and headed back over to his car. "See ya." He paused and turns back to Sam, Elena and Dean. "You know, those sirens are nasty things. That it got to you, that's no reason to feel bad." Bobby got in his car and drove away.

The boys and Elena sipped their drinks.

"You gunna say goodbye to Cara?" Dean asked.

"Nah, not interested," Sam replied.

"Really? Why not?"

"What's the point?"

"Well, look at you. Love 'em and leave 'em."

"Dean, look, you know I didn't mean the things I said back there, right? That it was just the siren's spell talking?"

"Of course, me too."

There was more silence.

"'Kay. So... so we're good?"

"Yeah, we're good."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 89 27
After accidentally releasing the Devil and his wife, your favorite band of Hunters, gods, and angels are back to fight, but when Mary learns two of h...
795K 17K 115
Book 1 " Everybody has gone through something that has changed them in a way that they could never go back to the person they were once before." Elen...
296K 7.4K 24
Grayson had always preferred hunting alone. Ever since her family was killed long ago, she knew she wouldn't be able to cope with another loss, so sh...