Piece of You | Finn Mikaelson

By SprintingFox

One thousand years ago, Finn Mikaelson almost got everything he could have wanted out of life even while stuc... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Final Author's Note

Chapter 4

2.8K 129 36
By SprintingFox

"Wake up, darling."

The vampire she'd tied to a chair stirred, groaning and wincing as he felt the vervain ropes burning into his skin.

"Hello there," said Elaine, leaning over him. "Aren't you cute."

"Who the fuck are you?" he spat. "Why am I here?"

Elaine started to pace in front of him. "My identity isn't something you need to know. You're here because I need information about Rebekah Mikaelson, among other things."

He glared at her. "I'm not telling you shit."

"You will if you want to live."

He appeared panicked. "I don't know much. I really don't."

"I think you know more than you believe, darling. Go on. Tell me everything that you know about Rebekah and the Mikaelsons."

"I'm new to this," he said, swallowing hard. "I don't know anything other than what Marcel tells me. Rebekah hasn't been here in awhile, and I don't think she's coming back, he said we didn't have to worry about the Originals hurting us anymore."

"And why is that?"

"He told us there was a problem before. Three Originals walking around town, a whole lot of his crew died."

"Didn't Marcel have his crew— all vampires less than two-hundred-years-old— try and take down Klaus and Elijah? Of course they were killed. Not to mention there was that whole fiasco with the wolves, too." She leaned over him again, tapping her fingers on the armrests of the chair. "Tell me, how is that situation nowadays? The wolves and the vampires?"

"Today, the wolves came trying to boot us out of Algiers," said the man. "We're not going to let them do that. The witches are trying to use young werewolf recruits as soldiers. We're gonna help rescue them. A few of us are keeping watch and stuff. I'm supposed to be there."

"You're not going to make it back in time for that, sweetheart. Sorry. Now, tell me about the witches. What about the woman who's leading them?"

"I don't know, first it was this girl named Cassie, now it's this lady named Lenore. And she's always with these two guys, Vincent and Kaleb."

"Kaleb?" said Elaine. "Now that's a new one. I think I ought to get a glimpse of them myself."

She seized the man's head, diving into his mind. She scanned his memories, finding that what he'd told her was the truth. He wasn't kidding when he said he didn't know much. The most useful thing was a memory of this Kaleb kid, walking with Vincent and the girl Esther had been in, previously.

"Can you let me go now?" the vampire whined. "I just want to go back. I won't say anything, I swear."

"Unfortunately, darling, you're not going back."

She dragged his unconscious body to the cemetery, where she plucked up one of the wolves. She forced the wolf to bite the man several times, then ripped the wolf's heart out, placing it in the hand of the vampire. She laid him down while he shivered, inserting a small piece of wood into his chest, letting the opening close around it. He went very still, and began to desiccate soon after.

Now, she had a new target in mind. Kaleb. He was obviously a witch, too, but he was also a child. It might be easier for her to get some information out of him. Bribe him with a bit of money and she wouldn't have to resort to compulsion at all.

Finding where he lived was easy. She compelled a local to go into the apartment with a camera and do a sweep of it. Anything she found interesting, she had them bring to her.

"This house smells awful," said Elaine to herself. "As if no one has lived here in a while. "These papers, they're old. The mailbox is full. This is the Westphall home, but Kaleb doesn't live here. Hasn't lived here in..." she noted the last date on the paper, clenching her jaw, "Four months. Four months ago. When Marcel's friends died. When the Guerreras attacked."

She decided to look further into Cassie's life. Her home was in a similar state. It didn't even seem like she'd come back to it last night. They must have taken her elsewhere, maybe for questioning.

The last apartment she looked at was Vincent's. To no one's surprise, there were old papers in the mailbox and dust on the inside. It was dawning on her that Vincent and Kaleb weren't at all who they claimed to be. Like Esther, they were in bodies that didn't belong to them. But why four months ago? Why these specific bodies?

She decided she was going to follow Esther and Vincent, to see what she could determine. She perched herself on a building overlooking the Lafayette Cemetery. In the distance, right around where the Lyonne tomb was situated, she could hear them talking faintly, making a plan to 'get Elijah.' What it was for, Elaine didn't know. It seemed the context had already been outlined, and she wasn't made privy to what their intentions were.

When she sensed them leaving, she tailed them, staying far behind as they made toward a parking garage. They waited about a block away, as if for some sort of signal. Elaine went ahead to see what was going on in the parking garage.

Elijah was there, waiting by himself. She was very still, holding her breath. The door opened, and a blond wolf came to join him.

"Where are they?" asked Elijah.

"They should be right behind me," replied the other man. "Any minute now."

The doors opened once more, revealing a flood of werewolves. "Here we go," said the blond. "About time."

"Don't bother trying to run," said the werewolf in the lead. "We've got you surrounded."

The blond laughed. "What, you don't think that we would be dumb enough to bring 'em here, do you?"

Elaine assumed they were talking about the young werewolf recruits.

"Yes," said Elijah in agreement, "I so do apologize for any inconvenience. The little ones you seek are elsewhere." He smiled. "Which, I suppose, leaves you here with me."

"You're the ones that don't seem to understand," said the werewolf. "We're not looking for hte kids. The witch wants you."

Elijah slowly removed his suit jacket. "Listen to me very carefully— I told a good friend that I'd do my very best to spare the lives of her people. You leave right now? I will honor that." He smiled patronizingly. "Stay, and the situation becomes irrefutably awkward."

The wolves were not planning to leave. "Very well," said the Original. Elijah faced the blond, "You should probably leave."

The blond sighed. "Either I'm in, or I'm out, right?"

Elaine watched as the fight ensued, not about to jump in unless someone magically pulled out a white oak stake (she didn't expect this would happen).

At last, the men were left covered in blood. They had killed all of the werewolves, and now stood alone in the garage.

"Well, I guess this is all they got," panted the blonde beside Elijah.

"So it would seem," said Elijah, looking around.

Vincent suddenly entered through the main door. He held out his hand, causing Elijah to yell out in pain as his muscles seized up. "Actually," he said as he grew nearer, "I am just getting started."

Elijah sank to his knees. The other man tried to defend him, but Vincent flicked his hand, tossing him into the car, after which he fell to the floor, unconscious. Elijah sped toward Vincent, putting him in a chokehold against the nearest car.

"Perhaps your next body will last longer than this one, brother," said Elijah venomously. He was about to snap his neck when a wooden stake impaled him from behind, propelled by Esther's magic as she waved her hand and moved toward them. She flicked her wrist, causing the stake to twist inside Elijah until he fell to the ground, unconscious.

Elaine's heart was hammering in her chest, the feeling of its pulsations rising into her throat and making it hard to breathe.

Elijah called Vincent his brother.

Vincent is inhabited by a Mikaelson.

But who? Kol or Finn?

She felt that she already knew the answer. Maybe she'd known it for a while. But to think that Finn could possibly be alive again was something she couldn't wrap her mind around. It was impossible, wasn't it? Finn had died long ago. Why would Esther have brought him back? Would he really have returned, just to be in a witch body?

She followed after them, wringing her hands together anxiously. Vincent was Finn. Vincent was Finn, it had to be. Unless it could possibly be Kol? No, perhaps Kaleb was Kol. She just needed confirmation. She needed to know for sure before she approached him.

They chained Elijah up in a crypt near the Lyonne tomb. With the werewolves all dead, Elaine was able to hear them from a distance.

"What do you want?" growled Elijah as he awoke.

"I only want us to be family again, Elijah," said Esther. "But— I'm so sorry— in order for that to happen, you must be purified."

There was the sound of chanting, then Elijah went silent. Elaine heard Esther walking out of the crypt and going into the Lyonne tomb, where Vincent was waiting for her.

"Have you heard from your brother?" asked Esther. "He has not responded since he went to see Davina. I know not if he has the white oak stake yet."

"No word from Kol, Mother," came Vincent's voice. Elaine's heart dropped into her stomach.

Vincent is Finn. Finn Mikaelson is in Vincent Griffith's body.

She left the cemetery quickly, arriving in her hotel and seating herself on the bed, trying her hardest to remain calm.

She didn't know how to feel. Or what to think. Surely Esther was strong enough to bring them back in their true bodies if she brought them back at all. Why put them in other people's bodies? What exactly were they up to with the Mikaelsons?

She thought she'd lost all hope. That there would never be a chance of seeing Finn again. Here she was, thinking to get his possessions, or something to remember him by.

And instead, she was getting Finn back. Not fully, but even partially was enough for her.

Elaine wasn't sure what to do. Should she go find Finn and confront him? Should she wait to see when he would approach her to say the truth?

What if he never planned to approach her? What if he didn't want her to know he was back? What if he no longer loved her?

She was so consumed in her thoughts, she almost didn't realize her phone was ringing. Reynard was calling, wanting an update.

"Mother," he said, noticing the look on her face. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, sweetheart," she said a bit tightly. "Just tired."

"It's more than that. Tell me."

"I... well, there is so much to say. And I do not wish to alarm you. I don't wish for you to come here, and put yourself in danger."

"You worry me more by saying that. Tell me, Mother, honestly."

"Well... Esther is indeed back from the dead. So is Mikael. And so are... Kol and Finn."

Reynard's jaw went slack. "They're alive? How?"

"Esther must have resurrected them. She put them in other people's bodies and now they're here. Walking among the land of the living. They kidnapped Elijah, and Kol is apparently on a mission to get the white oak stake from Davina."

"Hang on— Elijah is kidnapped? And they want the white oak stake?"

"Yes. I'm not sure if they intend to kill him... Esther said he needed to be purified. But not to worry, Reynard. I will get my hands on that stake. If it comes down to it, I will save Elijah."

"Do not put yourself in any unnecessary danger. You need to remain alive to talk to Finn, don't you?"

"I do. But my priority is making sure nothing happens to our sires. If that white oak stake ends up in Elijah or Niklaus's chest, I will lose you, Tristan, and Lucien. And Rebekah is bound to come and get caught in the crossfire protecting her brothers, which means Aurora nad I would die. We don't know what happens now, when one dies. There is no Other Side. Likely just Hell and peace. I don't want to lose any of you to potential torment."

"Mother, I would feel more comfortable if I were there to help. I know I do not need your permission..."

"No, you may not need my permission, Rey, but I hope you will stay where you are; you're safer there. I've protected you from Mikael this long.... I'd rather you not come here when he's walking around, quite able to kill us. As a matter of fact... I'm not going to stay in New Orleans if you come here. I'll leave and drag you with me, Reynard Finn de Martel."

His eyebrows rose. "Very well, then. But if I do not hear from you in more than twenty-four hours, I am going to get on a plane and find you."

"That is fair," said Elaine. "Happy now?"

He smiled. "Somewhat. What do you plan to say to Finn?"

"I am not sure yet. I'll need to sleep on that."

"Well, are you at least going to approach him?"

"I'm not sure about that either, Rey. I suppose we'll see tomorrow."

"I'll let you rest, then, Mother. Goodnight."

"Goodnight Reynard. I love you."

"I love you, too."

Not even a full minute after he hung up, Aurora was calling her.

"Rory," said Elaine, answering while already submerged in a soapy bath. "I assume he told you."

"You know your son," said Aurora, propping her own phone up as she sat on a chair by her balcony. "He can never keep anything to himself. Tristan and Lucien are already communicating, likely to coordinate when they send spies into New Orleans. Expect company."

Elaine groaned. "I don't need company here! I can handle myself!"

"The spies aren't to protect you, dear, not from what I heard. They're worried about Mikael. They can help you, if needed, to get the white oak stake."

"No, Rory, it's not a good idea. They will sense the presence of more ancient vampires, we'd be exposing the fact we know what's going on within the family and that would point them to me, who's been stalking them. Ugh. I am patching Tristan in."

She started to add him to the call. After a few moments, he answered. "My sisters," he said, raising a brow. "To what do I owe this rare pleasure?"

"Call off your little spies," said Elaine. "I don't want you sending anyone to me."

"Darling, Lucien and I merely think it would benefit you—"

"If I want spies, I can make them, Tristan. I am a vampire as well, I can very easily turn anyone I want and have them help me. I don't want them flocking about and getting in the way. Don't you have any faith in me?"

"I have the utmost faith in you, dear sister, but it does not mean I have any confidence that Mikael won't find you and harm you. He would torture you before he kills you, he could do horrible things to make you beg him for death. Please, dear, we're only trying to help you."

"No," she said, bringing Lucien into the call. "I have said time and time again that I don't want anyone here, that I can handle this on my own. I need privacy to deal with the matter, for heaven's sake! Yes, it's more complicated, but I am notgoing to—"

"I see I'm in for a usual de Martel get-together," said Lucien when his face popped up.

Tristan rolled his eyes. "No one wanted you here."

"Elaine clearly did. Come on, were you not the one asking me to share a few contacts?"

"It does not mean I loathe you any less."

"I loathe you just as much, in case you were wondering. But I thought we were smart enough to set even that aside for the sake of keeping your sister safe?"

"I don't want spies!" said Elaine. "That is final. If I get even a whiff of any spies, I will kill them, I don't give a damn who they are."

"You are as stubborn as your son," said Lucien. "But, I suppose we ought to respect your wishes—"

"Were you not the one who had the bloody idea?" snapped Tristan.

"Boys," said Aurora tiredly, rubbing her forehead, "Elaine does not want company. I'm sure if the situation is dire enough, she will ask for someone to be sent. My sister is stubborn but she is not stupid. She will reach out when she feels it's necessary."

"Yes," said Elaine. "Precisely, thank you."

Lucien wiggled his fingers at them. "My work here is done, then. Ta-ta." His face vanished.

Tristan looked exasperated as both Aurora and Elaine looked at him expectantly through the screen. "Very well. No spies. Not even—?"

"Especially not Reynard," Elaine said, knowing what he was about to ask. "Tristan, I will be fine. I'll keep you all updated. And please, after a thousand years, you really cannot despise Lucien any less? He never even did anything to you!"

"I have a meeting," said Tristan dryly. "I wish you well, my sisters." He tapped a button to end the call.

Aurora gave a little giggle. "Now that it's just us girls, what on Earth are you planning to tell Finn when you see him?"

Elaine shrugged. "I don't know. I'd like to see if he approaches me. If he was ever going to tell me that he is alive or if he was just... never going to let me know. I'll probably go to the bar tonight, see if he's there. Either way, he is not in his true body, which only adds more to my to-do list. One, see if I can get my hands on the white oak stake. Two, see if it's possible to get Finn back in his true body. Three, find out where Rebekah is and why she's hiding from everyone. There's more at play here. I must know what it is. What danger I'm not aware of, what plan is in place."

"And what happens when you get Finn back in his Original body?"

"I don't know. Rory, he... he had someone else. He had Sage. What if he doesn't feel the same way anymore? What if he doesn't love me?"

"Darling, he would be a fool not to love you. Look at yourself! You're beautiful, strong, successful. Boast about how you have a company dedicated to environmentally friendly clothes, makeup, toiletries, skincare, and perfume."

Elaine smirked. "That's our company, Rory, I won't take sole credit for it. The perfume especially was your idea. The scents in the skincare and toiletry lines was all you. I may have designed most of the outfits and done the work on shades in the makeup department, but it was a group effort through and through. And at this point, we're really only the owners, we let other associates handle everything so long as they run it through us ever so often."

"It's still something he might find impressive. Come on, sister, when was the last time you even had your needs met?"

"I-I don't remember, if I'm being honest. It was before we even received word of the Originals being awoken."

"Elaine, that was over a year ago!"

"A year isn't a long time to us..."

"Well, do you want to? With him?"

"Rory, no. I haven't thought of him in that context for a thousand years. There are so many other things on my mind..."

"Why do you refuse to sleep with me?"

She'd demanded to know it when he'd spent several nights in her room, always holding onto her but never making another move. He'd pull away the instant he started to grow aroused, and if he sensed her growing aroused, he'd immediately distract her.

"You are with child, my darling," he said, gesturing to her growing belly. "It would be very wrong of me to cross that boundary. I might hurt you."

Elaine turned to face him. "Is it truly because of that?"

"Yes. Why else?"

"Perhaps I do not satisfy you with my kisses. Perhaps you do not find me as attractive as you claim to."

"Do not be ridiculous, Elaine. You are more than satisfactory. I would love nothing more than to know you more intimately, however, I will not put your child at risk over my desires, and I would hope you would think the same thing. I am a vampire. My strength is more than that of a regular man. Emotions are heightened. If I were to harm either of you, I could never forgive myself."

He sensed the baby moving around, and placed his hand on her stomach. She sighed, closing her eyes and kissing the tip of his nose. "I wish we could be married already."

"Soon, my darling. Once your brother ensures we can go through with it in a way that will not expose our presence here to Mikael."

"I wish we could have more children," she whispered. "To give this little one a sibling or two. I liked growing up with siblings."

Finn stared at her sadly. "I cannot give you that. Hard as I might try, as much as I may want to... I cannot. It is not possible."

She smoothed her hand down his face, rubbing her knuckles on his cheek. "What would you think if we took in a few? We are going to abandon this castle anyway. Perhaps we could find children who do not have a home... bring them into ours. Would you like that?"

His lips curled into a smile. "I would like that very much." He kissed her lips. "We will have our family, Elaine. As soon as it is safe. I give you my word."

"Elaine?"

She recalled she was still on call with Aurora. "You're thinking of him," cooed Aurora.

"I ought to get going to the bar," said Elaine, throat pulsating. "See if I can even muster up the courage to speak to him. Finn... is alive, Rory. He's alive."

"He's alive, Elaine," said Aurora. "Go to him. You lost precious time because of Elijah and his wretched siblings. Don't waste another moment, lest you lose him again. For good this time."

She bade her sister farewell, and was quick to fix herself up with an evening dress. She figured that if he wasn't at Rousseau's, she might go to a nearby club, feed and dance a bit to de-stress.

As luck would have it, Finn was at the bar.

She came to sit near him, with one seat between them. "Hello, darling," she said to the bartender she recognized. "Whiskey, neat."

She felt Finn's gaze on her. "Well," said Elaine softly, tilting her head to look at him, "are you going to continue staring at me, like last time, or are you going to say something?"

He opened and closed his mouth several times. She could hear his heart pounding away in his chest, as if ready to leap out of it.

"Perhaps a conversation in private is necessary," he said, rising from his seat. "If you'd be willing to join me..." he gestured toward the side room where the kitchen remained vacant.

She followed him. He shut the doors, flicking his hand up, probably to place a Silencing Spell around the room.

"I am about to tell you something you may not believe," he said, Adam's apple bobbing in his throat as he mustered up the strength to get the words out. "Elaine..."

"I know," she said softly. "I know what you're going to say."

He relax significantly. "You know. That's why you're here."

"It is," she said, eyes beginning to well up with tears. "I was hoping you were going to tell me. And you are."

"I had a feeling someone had been watching me," said Finn. "What gave it away?"

"I didn't think it could possibly be you, I simply thought you were suspicious... entering the Compound, meeting with Cami. And then I heard Elijah call you his brother. And I heard you tell your mother something about Kol. I don't know how you're here, but..."

He stepped forward, cupping her face. She craned her neck up as she always did when looking at him, shutting her eyes as he dragged his thumb over her cheek to wipe away a stray tear.

"My beautiful Elaine," he whispered. "My light. Just as beautiful as you were a thousand years ago."

Her lip trembled. "I never thought I'd see you again, Finn."

"I'm here, my darling," he said, resting his forehead against hers. "I am not going anywhere."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.7K 1.8K 40
When she learned her entire life had been a lie, she set out to find her family, only for her search to be cut abruptly short as she met her death. I...
91.7K 3.4K 20
After being left to die, she began to hate her sire. For nine hundred years, she slaughtered indiscriminately, picturing her face on every victim. An...
35.8K 1.6K 28
The Mikaelsons had been royalty in New Orleans, but the youngest among the group of apex predators didn't think this enough, and dedicated her life t...
54.6K 2.1K 32
When she learned that vampires were real, she vowed never to forge a relationship with one. And at first, that seemed easy, until she met one of the...