Royal Guardian

De emmmmmzZ

| SYNOPSIS | Wen Xin, the Prince of Western State has been in love with a girl named Gao Hong. She is a wande... Mai multe

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 14

2 1 0
De emmmmmzZ

When she woke up from getting knocked out, she immediately saw a familiar ceiling. She got up and saw the house where the empress is locked up. A minute later, the empress came in holding a plate of food.

"You're awake now. Come and eat your breakfast now."

She immediately looked at the window when she heard the word 'breakfast'. "It's morning already? Why was I unconscious for so long?"

"After they knocked you out, someone let you smell sleeping oil which made you sleep longer."

"Why would they do that? I was already unconscious and they still put something that will make me unconscious. Isn't that double sleep?"

The woman shook her head. "Silly, woman. You still have the time to joke around even when you are locked here now. Here, eat now so you can have strength. I heard from the helpers that the grand empress dowager will ask my son to visit her today but I don't know why."

"Would the grand empress dowager use us to dethrone the emperor today? This is bad. What should I do?" She said while thinking something then she felt a hard object in her pocket. She immediately took it out and saw the whistle which her master gifted her. "I know!" She immediately focused on the whistle and started making a sound hoping her master would hear the message. "Your majesty, please tell me about what happened and why you got here and be their prisoner. Also, tell me about the late emperor."

"Okay." The empress said and started talking while she was listening and whistling it to her master.

The whistle message is the most important and hardest part of her training with her master. It consists of music and messages which is helpful in times like this where she is locked up and can't use any equipment.

She keeps on whistling until she finishes what she wants to tell. She remained closed eyes until she heard the whistle of her master, indicating that she got the message she sent her.

Only then she looked at the empress and smiled. "Your majesty, why are you looking at me like that?"

"It just came to me why I always find you familiar. Miss, it's you right? It's you who my son wanted to marry three years ago."

"H-how did you know? As far as I remember, the Emperor never brought me to the palace."

"Well, the late emperor and I got scared when Wen Xin told us he wants to marry a commoner woman he loves. That's why we followed him and we saw how you two look at each other with so much love, only then I feel at ease because I know that my son have found the woman he'll be withe for the rest of his life."

She smiled sadly. "It's just a pity, that even if there is love between us, it might be impossible for us to be together anymore. Wen Xin is bound to be an emperor while I am a wanderer who loves freedom and the palace is a cage of no return."

"I can't blame you because I also thought that this palace is a cage full of greed and unkindness. But it's a pity my son will be alone in this dangerous path." The empress said and sighed.

"Your majesty, it's not that I don't want Wen Xin to be an emperor because I know for the past years, he really is a good emperor. I saw how he loved the people and how he didn't do anything that could hurt the civilians. It's just that I don't want my son to know and stay in this place where power struggle is more important than unity."

"S-Son? You have a son?"

She smiled and nodded. "He is Hong Xin."

"Hong Xin. Is it Xin'er's?" The empress looked at her, hoping.

"Or else?" She smiled. "Wen Xin and I already had our marriage even before he became an emperor. Then I became his guardian months ago and he even met my son one time but I don't want to disclose to him about my son yet unless he'll make up his mind about what he wants in the future."

The empress caressed her hand and sighed. "Don't worry, if my son wants to be an emperor, I won't stop him."

"Me too."

"But he should know that I will never be with him through his journey as an emperor anymore."

"Huh? Why?"

"What do you mean why? I'll be with my grandson of course!" The empress said, making her laugh.

His patience is already getting thinner every hour that she can't see Nianian. He even sent people just to find her.

"Your majesty, feel at ease. Maybe Miss Nianian only sneaks out to play."

He looked at Cao Zhi. "You know she doesn't play. Also, she only sneaked out when she wasn't allowed to go. I never restricted her from going in and out so why would he sneak out?"

Cao Zhi signed and agreed. He looked at the door when Eunuch Bi came in. "Your majesty, an old man wants an audience with you. He said, he is Miss Nianian's master."

He nodded. "Let him in." He immediately got up when Nianian's master came in while Cao Zhi stayed outside.

"Your majesty."

"Forget the formalities. Sir, why are you here?"

"Your majesty, I received a message from my disciple telling that the emperor might be harmed and ask me to come here."

"Sir, where is Nianian?"

"She was locked up."

"Where?"

"On the grand empress dowager's palace."

"How come?"

Nianian's master gave him a picture. It's a picture of the mark that they are using as a clue from the previous assassination of him. "Sir, where did you get this?"

"Your majesty, that mark was once the most powerful sect in the martial artist world. They were famous for having a good foundation and sect formations that can be used for enemies. But something happened when their sect leader died. The sect wasn't active and powerful anymore and the disciples kept on leaving because their next leader only wanted to follow the one she loves.

"But, the man she adores got married and left her brokenhearted. And to save her sect, she needed to marry the emperor of that time so she'll be able to fix what she has done. The sect leader thought she can control the emperor when they are already married but he is also suspicious of her. So, the sect leader killed her husband and let everyone assume that it is a chronic disease. Since the throne doesn't have any royal heir, she pretends to be pregnant by the late emperor and when it is her due, she asks someone to abduct a newborn baby just to make her scheme real. And that child was the late emperor."

"Who is the sect leader then?" He asked, anticipating what Nianian's master would say.

"It's—It's the grand empress Dowager."

He felt weak and was shocked by what he heard. "D-Did Nianian tell you these?"

The old man shook his head. "No. That girl only told me that she was locked up with someone and you might be in danger because the grand empress Dowager might use her in exchange for your dethronement. That silly girl, she is more worried of your life than hers."

He smiled too but it also faltered. "Then, how did you know what you just told me?"

"Because, I was once the right hand man of that woman."

His eyes widened and stepped back. "You are—"

"Don't worry, I'm a changed man. Since the day that woman took my son away from me and my wife, I already left the sect. My wife died because of her grief while I focus on helping the people to atone for the crimes I have done in my past."

"Y-your son? Is it my—"

"You're right. Your father is my son."

His eyes widened. "So you are my grandfather?"

"What? Don't I deserve to be your grandfather?"

He smiled and shook his head. "No, no, no." He immediately said, "So, you took Nianian as a disciple because I am your grandson?"

"No, admitting her as my disciple is a whole new story. When I was so lost from losing my wife and son, a family took me in and feed me, gave me home and give me a new identity. They take me as theirs so I told myself to repay their kindness. Those people was Nianian's grandparents. When Nianian left her family to be a martial artist, I secretly helped and protect her, always watch her from far. I was also there when you two got married and left each other. That's when I came into the picture, asking her to be my disciple so I can protect and watch her closely."

He nodded while digesting what he was hearing. "Then why does the grand empress dowager want to kill me? Also, my dad slept and didn't wake up anymore, right?

"You're wrong. Your father was poisoned."

"What?"

"She also poisoned him when he didn't follow what that woman wanted. The late prince was raised by the grand empress dowager so it is not new that she also raised him to fight for the throne. When the emperor declined her request of conferring the late prince as the next emperor, she poisoned him and even let the people assume that he had nightmares and didn't wake up anymore. It's a good thing that the late emperor wrote an edict before he died. It seems like he already knew his fate."

"And me? Why would she assassinate me?"

"You tell me. You had been opposing that woman since you became an emperor, why wouldn't she want to throw you? Tch. Be thankful that there are guardians and soldiers who are willing to protect you or else, you'll leave the world before your grandfather."

"Ah! I am your grandson, why are you cursing me?"

"Hong Xin is my grandson!"

"Hong Xin, Hong Xin. Nianian keeps on telling me he loves that man. Even my grandfather, he took it away from me. Who is Hong Xin anyway?"

"Stupid. Hong Xin is your—"

"Your majesty, the grand empress dowager wants you to visit her in her palace."

The two of them look at Cao Zhi who came in. His grandfather cleared his throat. "Go now. Stay vigilant around her. If you don't believe what I told you earlier, you can check her left neck and see the evidence there. Her health is already not that good, so, I'm sure she won't be able to harm you, unless she has men around the palace."

"Then where are you going?"

"I'll go find Nianian."

He nodded. "Okay. Cao Zhi, let's go." He said and immediately walked towards the palace of the grand empress dowager. When he arrived there, he inhaled deeply before getting inside. He also brought Cao Zhi inside in case someone would assassinate him.

When he saw her on her chair, he immediately pretended to be a filial grandson. "Grandmother, I'm here."

"Grandson, you're here." She said and let him sit beside her. "Grandson, it's been a while. The last time I saw you was months ago."

"I'm sorry for being unfilial, grandmother. I just got busy these past few months." He said. "Grandmother, I want to hug you." He said. She laughed at what he said and hugged him. He hugged her back while trying to look for the mark on her left neck. He felt weird looking at the mark that looks like it was just drawn. He was about to touch it when the old woman pushed him away.

The old woman laughed evilly. "Fools."

"You're not my grandmother! Where is she? Where is Nianian?"

The old woman took off her mask and he saw an unfamiliar woman.

"Who are you?"

"Me? I am the one who will kill you!" She said and aimed her sword at him but Cao Zhi immediately blocked it with his sword and sparred with the woman.

"Your majesty, go and find Miss Nianian!"

He immediately gets out of the palace only to see his grandmother sitting on a chair outside looking at him and men in black also surround the whole area. "Long time no see, my grandson."

"What is the meaning of this?" He asked while looking around.

"My dear grandson, you still don't know? My bad. Here is a blank edict and brush, you should renounce your position now or I will let my men torture you."

"You! You really are the one who tried to assassinate me. Why? Because you can't control me?"

"Shut up! It is also your fault that you will be thrown out of the throne. If you only followed all of my instruction, then you might be the emperor for longer than today."

"I told you, I will never satisfy your wish. You want me to bestow your sect as the highest rank in the martial artist world, are you dreaming? Your sect is nothing but a pest in the martial art world!"

"Shut up!"

"You are not also a good leader. You were the reason for the downfall of your sect. You're nothing but a trying hard leader!"

"I said shut up! Men! Take them out!"

His eyes widened when he saw Nianian and, and his mother! "Mother!" Her mother looked at him and smiled. He felt happy when he saw her smile at him weakly.

"Son."

He looked at the old woman. "You imprisoned my mother for how many years! You are crazy!"

"I am crazy, so what?"

"Why did you imprison Nianian too? Are you the one who also tried to assassinate her?"

"That's right."

"Why? She didn't offend you! She hasn't even met you, so why?"

"You're right, she didn't offend me, but her grandparents did! Her grandfather was once my favourite person. I love him and even willing to do everything just to love me too, but what did he do? He married that vixen woman who seduced him! When they had a child, I was too busy so I didn't have a chance to kill their child! And now, they had a granddaughter and grandson but they are too well-guarded, so I had a hard time to harm them too. But she is stupid to get out and wander around, so I directed my revenge on her! It's just that she is lucky to get away from my plans, right, Princess Gao Hong?"

Princess? Did he hear it right? He immediately looked at Nianian and looked at him and smiled, assuring what the old woman said.

So, she and Prince Su are siblings? He got jealous with his brother? He shook his head in embarrassment. That's just crazy.

He looked beside him when Nianian's master appeared out of nowhere. Cao Zhi also finished fighting and went beside him.

"Woah, isn't this my right hand man? Zou Xi Yue. Good! This is getting interesting. No wonder my dear grandson already knows my identity. Zou Xi Yue, you told him, right?"

"Hmm, I did. What? You're scared?"

"Nonsense. Wen Xin, tell me, will you write it or not? If you don't, I'll kill your mother and beloved in front of you!"

"Are you already out of your mind, Heng Lu! Grandson, don't listen to her. I can subdue all of the enemies!" His grandfather said.

"Son, I will always support you no matter what decision you'll make." Her mother said.

"Wen Xin, I, too, will support you." Nianian said, making him smile. Then he saw Eunuch Bi coming in holding a tray with a glass.

"Have you already decided? If you do, write now and drink this poison. In that way, I will not harm your loved ones and send them out of the palace, unharmed!" The old woman said and handed him the glass of poison.

He looked at the poison before he looked at Eunuch Bi. Did Eunuch Bi also become his enemy? He sighed and looked at the blank edict. Before he started writing, he looked at his mother, then his grandfather, and Cao Zhi who was just watching him before he looked at Nianian who was shaking her head, telling him not to continue what he'll be doing. But he has already decided.

He started writing and when he finished, he drank the poison and he felt her world spinning and blurring and he already blacked out.

Her eyes widened when he saw Wen Xin lost consciousness and fell to the ground. "No! Wen Xin!" She tried to get off from the men's hold but failed.

The old woman laughed while looking at the edict that Wen Xin wrote. "That's good! Go and throw these people out of the palace now!" She ordered and left.

They were literally thrown out of the palace. When she was untied by her master, she immediately ran towards Wen Xin who was not breathing anymore. "No, no! You can't leave me, Wen Xin! Open your eyes for me, Wen Xin, please!"

Let's go to the Denxin sect." She heard what her master said and bought the carriage that was passing in front of them. On the way to the Denxin sect, she was just holding Wen Xin's hand and talking to him even though she knew that it was already impossible for him to hear it. She even told him how she regretted not telling him about their son.

She looked around and saw the empress beside her who was also crying and looking at his son. "Sorry, your majesty, I was the reason for your son's death."

"Don't be. My son just wanted to protect his loved ones. Don't worry, I don't blame you."

"Thank you." She said and when the carriage stopped, her master and Cao Zhi immediately carried Wen Xin and brought him inside the sect. While she and the empress followed.

She was shocked when she saw her son inside. Looks like her master doesn't want to leave him alone in the mountain so he brought him here.

"Nianian." Her son said. She immediately hugged her son and cried on his shoulder.

"Sorry, son. I failed to protect your father." She said and looked at Wen Xin who was lying on the table where they put him. "Hong Xin, face your father and kowtow to him thrice."

"Okay, Nianian." He said and was about to kowtow when the old man appeared and hardly knocked her head.

"What are you doing? The emperor is still not dead, crazy." He said and helped her son get up. "Boy, when you grow up, you should not follow your mother's path of being a fool, okay?"

Hong Xin looked confused but nodded. "Okay, old man."

Then an old man neared Wen Xin and checked his pulse. "Hmm, he just had a medicine that can stop his pulse for a few hours. This medicine is not that fatal. Just let him drink water to rinse any poison on his body. He'll wake up later." He said and took her son out of the room.

Only then can she breathe properly. She thought she already lost him. That's good.

She looked at the empress when she saw her talking to her master. She heard her master called Wen Xin his grandson, could it be that they are connected to each other?

"Nianian, I'll just go and meet my grandson, I'll go back later after my son will wake up."

"But you just got out of the prison, Your majesty."

"Don't worry, meeting my grandson is more important than resting." She said and left, making her shake her head. Then she looked at her master who sat beside her.

"Nianian, I know you have so many things to ask of me. I'll tell you now, are you willing to listen?"

She nodded, then her master immediately told her the story of his life, who he really is and how he is connected to Wen Xin. When he finished his story, she was about to talk when she felt Wen Xin's finger move.

"Master, Wen Xin's finger moved!" She said and moments later, she saw him open his eyes.

"Nianian."

|emmmmmzZ|

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

54 0 7
Wen Veilu was not born rich, infact, she never met her parents. The village folks says that her mother was taken captive by the imperial gaurds and w...
116K 10.1K 55
***THE WATTYS 2021 & 2022 - SHORTLISTED ENTRY*** The fragile peace between the two ancient kingdoms of Han and Jin is put at risk when traitors with...
27.1K 1.2K 72
People were dying in mass numbers, and nobody could figure out why. Everyone is facing fear and confusion not knowing what they face. Wei Wu Xian is...
2.1K 532 66
After years of war, House Zhai proved supreme among the major Houses to become the new Ruling House of Zinnu. With it's military might, law and order...