Everything Has Changed

De targaryen14

Margaret Crawley is the daughter of the heir of Downton, James Crawley. She loves her brother Patrick and her... Mais

Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 6

108 2 3
De targaryen14

It was now time for dinner with Matthew, Isobel, Julia and Jack.  Margaret is sitting next to Robert and Violet and Helena next to Cora and Edith.   

"Have you been able to explore the village?"  Robert asks Isobel.  

Isobel nods "Indeed i have and i thought the hospital a great credit to your father's memory.  But i'm afraid the good doctor and i did not see eye to eye."

Violet chuckles and turns to look at isobel "Oh, you amaze me."  

Isobel sighes "He's treating one of your tenants, John Drake for dropsy but seems reluctant to embrace some of the newer treatments." 

Robert shakes his head "Oh, Drake is a good man and far too young to die but i suppose the doctor knows his business." 

"Not as well as Mrs Crawley apparently."  Violet mutters which makes Margaret chuckle.  

Cora turns to  look at Jack "Mr. Jones.  We have not asked you this but where are you and your family from?"   Julia this was the moment that she had dreaded.  

Jack smiles "We're from Manchester"  

Cora smiles "How wonderful.  Do you think we have met them?"

Jack smiles and shakes my head "No, my lady.  I don't think you met a lot of florists in your circuits." 

Robert, Cora, Violet, Edith, Mary and Margaret all looked at him shocked.  

Robert looks at him "You're from the working class?"

Jack  nods "Yes. My parents has their own flower shop." 

Isobel nods "It's correct, it's the best in Manchester" 

Cora smiles and looks at him "I don't wanna seem rude but you're both from different classes so i'm wondering how did you meet?"

Jack smiles and takes a hold of Julia's hand "It's actually a beautiful story actually.  It was 2 years ago i was working in my parent's shop helping my mother with the flowers when i saw the  most beautiful girl i had ever seen.  She was breathtaking but i knew she was out of my league but she came up to me and we started talking and just remember laugh and how i didn't wanna go a day without hearing that laugh.  But then she left and i thought i would never see her again but the next day she came in and it was the same routine for two weeks until Julia asked me out for a coffe and it's been us ever since." 

Julia smiles "I know we're not the couple people would predict.  I'm from the upper middle-class and Jack is from the working class.  But i have neve loved anyone as much as i love him.  He's the love of my life and i can't wait to marry him" 

Jack looks at her and smiles.  He kisses her hand.  

Cora smiles "That's beautiful"  

Julia could tell that especially Robert and Violet wasn't comfortable.  

Robert turns his attention to Matthew "By the way, If you ever want to ride.  Just let Lynch know and he'll sort it out for you" 

Mary laughs and shakes her head "Oh Papa, Cousin Matthew doesn't ride."  

Matthew looks at her "I ride."

Mary looks at him unimpressed "And do you hunt?"

Matthew sighes "No, i don't hunt"  

Violet chuckles "I dare say there is much opportunity in Manchester"

Matthew sighes "Are you a hunting family?"

Mary chuckles "Families like ours are always hunting families."

Margaret shakes her head "That's not correct.  My mother hated hunting, she forbid my father to hunt on our lands."

Matthew looks at her "Really?"

Margaret looks at him and nods.  

"And Billy Skelton won't have them on his land."

Mary chuckles "But all the Skeltons are mad?"

Margaret feels her blood boil "Mary do you think my mother was mad?"

Mary looks at her and chuckles "I didn't say that"

Margaret scoffs "Well you kind of did.  You said the Skeltons were mad because they didn't allowed hunting on their lands like my mother." 

Margaret feels the tears forming.  "May i be excused, please?"

Cora nods "Of course."  

Margaret stands up and walks out of the dining room.  

She takes her coat and walks outside and sits down on a bench and just cry.  

The dinner was finished. Matthew walked outside with Violet when he saw Margaret sitting down on a bench.  "If you will excuse me?"  Violet nods and Matthew walks up to Margaret. 

"Are you alright?"  Margaret looks up and sees Matthew.  

She sniffles and wipes her face "Ugh. I didn't mean for you to see me like this or anyone." 

Matthew smiles "It's quite alright.  Can i sit?"

Margaret nods "Sure"  He sits down. 

Matthew sighes "I'm sorry about Mary. She shouldn't have said that" 

Margaret feel the tears coming and takes a deep breath.  "Thank you.  I'm really sorry about the other night when i..."

Matthew cuts her off "When you said i would never be the true heir?"

Margaret sighes "Yeah... I... ever since i lost my father and brother i have been struggling.  It's not that i hated you i just hated that you were here and not them.  That you were the heir and not my brother."

Matthew smiles "I understand but you just said hated? So you don't hated it anymore?"

Margaret looks at him and smiles "I guess not.  It's still hard but i'm getting used to it" 

Matthew smiles and looks down for a second before looking at her again "I know we had a rough start but could we be friends?"

Margaret thinks for a second before nodding "I think so" 

Matthew "Good. I have to go now but please go inside."

Margaret "I will, thank you Matthew" 

They both stood up.  Matthew walked to the carriage and Margaret walked into the downton estate. 

To think that only a few days ago she couldn't stand seeing him and now they're somehow friends.  

It was the next day.  Margaret was sitting in her room when there was a knock at the door. 

She opened the door and there stood Mary.  

Margaret sighes and turns to sit back by her desk.

"What do you want Mary?" 

Mary sighes "To tell you that i'm sorry i never meant..."

Margaret stands up "Yes you did! Who do you think you're talking to? I know you, better than anyone.  Better than Edith, better than Sybil, better than your precious Mama."

Mary sighes and sits down on her knees and takes a hold of Margaret's hands "I truly am sorry.  I didn't mean to disrespect your mother.  I was only trying to be hard towards cousin Matthew.  You hate him as much as i do" 

Margaret looks at her and softens "Actually i don't.  I don't hate him" 

Mary sighes and stands up "Anyway, we're going to the hospital.  Papa wants to teach Granny a lesson"

Margaret sighes "Fine"  And walks out with Mary.  

Everyone was at the hospital.  Matthew, Jack and Julia.  The servants.  Helena and the whole Crawley family.  On the stage was Doctor Clarkson,  Violet and Isobel.  

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to this happy event.  The investiure of our first chairwoman, Mrs. Reginald Crawley.  Who has graciously agreed to share the duties with our beloved president the dowager countess of Grantham.  Our little hospital must surely grow and thrive with two such doughty champions.   Untied as they are by the strongest ties of all, family and friendship.   Doctor Clarkson speaks.  

Julia smiles, so proud of her mother.  But she was scared, not for her mother, but for herself.  She was thinking maybe she was pregnant.  She hadn't told anyone, not even Jack.  

Margaret and Matthew has reconciled.  The Crawley family knows about Jack's status.  Tense between Mary and Margaret... I hope you guys like this chapter and please tell me your thoughts. 

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

164K 2.9K 29
"Hey! Wait a second." The unidentified guy said. "Um, hi?" I asked confused. Little did I know that this was a summer I would never forget... ~~~ Emi...
8.6K 136 12
In the grand halls of Downton Abbey, where tradition and aristocracy intertwine, there exists a young woman named Florence Crawley. She is the second...
26.3K 529 38
*SECOND BOOK TO 'TITANIC BREAKING FREE MAKING IT COUNT* 2/3 This is sequel to Book 1: (Titanic Fanfiction) Breaking Free Making It Count. So if you...
2K 23 17
This is the sequel to my other Downton fan fiction called, 'My Revolutionary Father.' But it can be read as a stand-alone. ...