Royal Guardian

De emmmmmzZ

| SYNOPSIS | Wen Xin, the Prince of Western State has been in love with a girl named Gao Hong. She is a wande... Mais

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 9

0 1 0
De emmmmmzZ

After an hour of eating different delicacies outside, Prince Su already decided to go back to the palace, making her sigh in relief. He had been roasting her, asking questions after questions about how she became the guardian of the emperor until they reached the topic about her son which made the prince want to visit but she declined.

Her son has been living with her master in seclusion and she also doesn't want to disclose more about her son. It is already enough that Prince Su knew about his son so he will have something to appease the mind of the emperor of the Southern state when Prince Su talked about her.

When they reached the palace, it was already dark so she sent the prince to his room before she went back to the Emperor's palace. When she arrived there, Cao Zhi was outside giving her a sign not to make a sound.

When she neared him, she whispered. "Why? Is the emperor in a bad mood?"

Cao Zhi nodded. "This is the second time I saw the emperor throwing everything he sees in anger."

"And when is the first time?"

"That was three years ago, when he came back and only found that house was burned to ashes. The only thing that is making him sane is the fact that you were not in that house."

"I wanna ask you too, Cao Zhi, why would the emperor want to kill me that day too?"

Cao Zhi looked at her confused. "Ha? What do you mean, Miss Nianian? The emperor is so in love with you so why would he kill you?"

"I'm thinking about it too. But, I saw the letter on the culprits. It is his handwriting."

"Are you sure? Because the emperor never wrote and read anything when he was sent to the palace for the conferring of the emperor." He said.

"Could it be that someone is trying to sow discord between me and the emperor? Because if it is, he did his job well. I've been hating the emperor for years because I thought he wanted to kill me."

Then she remembers what the old man told her. The mark! Those people also wanted to assassinate the emperor, why would she forget it?

Those people had been wanting to eliminate the emperor, could it be that the Emperor has always been in danger because of them?

But the palace is well-guarded. Outsiders won't know the secret passage but if they have someone from the inside who knows everything about the palace, it is not too hard to come and and out, untraceable.

She sighed and sat beside the door. She doesn't want to go in to heightened the emperor's anger and she still doesn't know the reason. Maybe tomorrow, his anger will subside.

When tomorrow came, the emperor and Prince Su had their breakfast in the Emperor's palace. She was just silently staying beside the emperor who didn't even talk to her since yesterday.

Every Time she saw Prince Su looking at her and smiling, she was just giving him a slight smile because the emperor had been looking at her sharply everytime he caught the Prince smiling at her.

After their breakfast, they decided to go out of the palace to tour the capitol but Cao Zhi came. "Your majesty, there is a problem that needs your guidance. The ministers has been in the court, waiting for you."

"Okay." He looked at Prince Su. "Looks like I can't accompany you for your last day trip in the western state. But don't worry, I will send some guards to be with you. How about that?"

Prince Su smiled and shook his head. "No need, just let Honghong accompany me." He said and pulled her to his side.

"H-Honghong?"

"Yes, you will accompany me, right, Honghong?"

She eyes the Prince before pulling her hand away from his hold then she bowed. "Your majesty, the prince is an important person of the southern state, maybe I can personally guard him in your stead. How about that?"

The emperor still didn't answer when Prince Su immediately pulled her away. "We will go back later, your majesty." Prince Su shouted before they got inside the carriage. When she peeked at the window, she saw the emperor's angry face before he left with Cao Zhi.

"Honghong, what gifts do you think our father will like?"

"Stop calling me that, you twerp."

Prince Su only rolled his eyes. "Then, Nianian?"

"Call me sister! I think I have been away so long that you forgot who is the eldest among us."

Prince Su smirked. "What? Didn't you leave our state to be a martial artist? So, I already forgot that you are my twin sister. Hmp."

"Crazy. But it's okay, I don't everyone to know too that my twin brother is a stupid. It might stain my reputation as the most intelligent and strong martial artist."

"You!"

She smirked. "What? Hurt your ego?" He just rolled his eyes and remained silent. She sighed mockingly. "Aiya, I already told you, you can't win over me, little brother."

"Stop calling me little brother, we're born on the same day."

"But I came first before you, so that makes me your elder sister. Anyways, when you are back in the southern state, don't tell father my whereabouts. Just tell him that you saw me and had a conversation thus knowing about my son but you got knocked out by me that's why you didn't know where I went. Get it?"

"Even in your made up story, I am still the weak and you are the strong. Can't you make a story that I am the leading man?"

"Go make a story then and let me hear it. Let me know if you can make my father believe it."

Prince Su immediately thought of a story before he looked at her. "Hear it. When I was having a tour, I saw you on the street so I immediately followed you—"

"I can feel it when someone is following me. I might even knock you out even before you start following me."

Okay, fine! While I was having a tour, I saw you walking with your son on the street. You got scared so you told me about your son."

"No. Father knows I don't get scared easily. Also, I don't walk my son publicly. I haven't even brought him here in the capital since I gave birth to him."

"Sister, you are so cruel to my nephew! Poor boy. Why wouldn't you let him enjoy his childhood?"

"If I don't be cruel, he'll grow ignorant of this dangerous world."

He sighed. "Well you have a point."

"Go and continue your story."

"Okay, I will change the plot. How about, when I was on the way to the western state, someone tried to assassinate me but you arrived before I got killed. You help me tend my wounds and while I was unconscious, I will hear you telling stories to me about your son. How's that? It's good right? I think my visits to the storyteller tea shops have paid off."

She shook her head. "I thought you wanted to be the leading man. Why did you make me the hero then?"

"Well, being assassinated is more dignified than just being knocked down by my own sister, right?"

"Also, you can't use that story! You are endangering the peace between the nation because father might investigate the assassination and will wage war with the western state because they tried to kill a prince, are you still thinking? Tch."

"I forgot about that." He sighed heavily then the carriage stopped.

Before she got out, she looked at him. "Just use my story, it is more good being undignified once more than being the root of the war." She said and went out. She looked at the bustling street even if it was still morning.

When Prince Su was already on her side, he immediately walked to every stall that he saw and she was just tailing him.

Then when she saw a sculpture stall, she pulled him there and looked at the sculptures on display. "Sir, how much is this?" She asked and pointed to the flower sculpture.

"Sorry, Miss. We don't sell it. We only sell wood and you'll need to do sculpting." The seller said and pointed at the tables behind him where the tools are.

"Gao Hong, it's just a waste of time." Her brother said but she pulled him towards the table and paid three wood for sculpting. She gave the one wood to him while she started sculpting.

The first one she made is her father. It has been years since she last saw him so she relied on her memories in making the sculpture. After she finished it, she gave it to Prince Su. "Here, give it to your father as a gift. He'll love it." She said,

Prince Su stared at the sculpture. Gone is the playful Gao Su.

"Is there something wrong?" She asked.

"Nothing." He said and took the sculpture. "It's just that your sculpture is ugly. You make father look like a fat man."

"You!"

Then the playful prince is back being naughty again. She just shook her head and started sculpting the other wood. When she finished it, she immediately put it in the box.

"Let me see! Why don't you let me see it? Are you keeping a secret?"

"It's not a secret. You just don't need to know it." She said and they left the sculpture stall.

They bought almost every stall in the capital and when she still didn't tell him she was tired, he still didn't have plans to go back to the palace.

While they were on their way to the palace, Prince Su gave her a box. When she opened it, it was a dress. 

"You might be asking why I gave you a dress. Let's just say that I want to see how that man will get jealous." He said. Stop the carriage! Sister, change your clothes." He then immediately got out of the carriage.

What is that man trying to do again? She just shook her head and changed her clothes. When she was done, she told her brother to get in. When he finally sat down beside her, he was smiling wickedly.

"You know, sister, I can't believe you have that man wrapped around your finger. Anyways, don't you know why the Emperor hasn't been talking to you since yesterday?"

Then she remembered how the emperor treated her like she didn't exist. "I don't know. But Cao Zhi told me he was in a bad mood yesterday so I just let him do what he wanted until his anger subsided. Why did you ask?"

"Fool." He said and didn't answer her. When they arrived at the palace, she and Prince Su went to the Emperor's palace and saw the emperor with the princess.

They both bowed. "Your majesty, the emperor, your majesty, they princess."

"Prince Su, you're back. Did you enjoy your tour?" The emperor asked.

Prince Su laughed and looked at her. "Of course, I was accompanied by a beautiful lady. Tell me, your majesty, can I take her back to our state?"

"What do you mean, Prince Su?"

Prince Su neared her and even touched her face like a fool. "Your majesty, this woman is so lovely. She was so attentive to me and didn't even stop doing what I ordered. You tell me, where can you find a woman like that? So, I decided to take her to our state and ask father to bestow a marriage to us. Don't worry, I will definitely invite you because you are the bridge who made us meet."

She secretly eyed him. "Are you out of your mind?"

The Emperor cleared her throat. "I'm afraid she can't marry you anymore, Prince Su."

Prince Su looked at the emperor. "Ow? Why?"

"Because she is already married."

Prince Su looked at her, pretending to be hurt. "Married? But, you didn't tell me, Honghong! After what we did?"

The emperor angrily got up from his chair. " What did you do?!"

"We—we ate? Also, we sculpt. What do you think we did, your majesty?"

"Nothing. Anyways, I can't let her be married to you, Prince Su. She is already married."

The princess laughed. "If Prince Su and Miss Nianian really love each other, then, Miss Nianian can write a divorce agreement then."

"She can't!" The emperor shouted. "Cao Zhi! Send the princess to her room. It's already late." The emperor ordered. When the princess already leaves, the emperor looks at the prince. "How about, I will show you other women, Prince Su?"

Prince Su sighed. "No need." He said. "Your majesty, thank you for accommodating me these days. I will leave the western state tomorrow, you can feel at ease about the peace between the two nations."

"Thank you, Prince Su."

"Then, I'll get going." Prince Su said and before he left, he looked at her and smirked before leaving.

She was still looking at her brother when the emperor made a loud noise, making her look at him. "What? You will really divorce me just to be with him?"

"Ha?"

"Tell me, why are you dressed like that? Did he buy it for you? I can do it too!"

"Your majesty, I don't know what you are trying to say."

"Have you forgotten that you are my guardian? Why are you always with him all day? Have I been too partial to you that you are not doing your job to protect me anymore? Gao Hong, have you forgotten that I am the emperor? I own everything in the world and even you!"

"Your majesty, you are being unreasonable! As a guardian, it is my job to protect you, that's right, but I also have rights to be with who I want to be with and even the emperor can't stop me from doing it! You own everything but not me, Wen Xin! Not my body, not my soul and definitely not my heart!" She shouted and walked out from the Emperor's palace. She went to her room to relieve her anger but she got so tired that she just fell asleep.

The next day, she was present at the morning meeting when the men of Prince Su  came in and told the emperor that the Prince was abducted.

She immediately forwarded. "Your majesty, I will volunteer to rescue the prince, please let me."

"No. Cao Zhi, go and make a team to find the prince. Meeting, dismissed." He said and left. She immediately followed him.

"Your majesty!"

The emperor stopped and looked at her annoyed. "Look at yourself, only that man can destroy your composure. Tell me, Gao Hong, who is he to you?"

"He—" she asked herself whether to tell the truth but before she answered, the emperor left her. She sighed and went to her room. Then she decided to sneak out of the palace. She immediately changed her clothes and secretly left the palace.

When she is finally outside the palace, she goes to the inn where the prince's helpers and men. When she saw them, they immediately bowed to her.

"Princess."

She nodded. "I'm here to rescue my brother. Tell me, where did the abduction happen?"

"Right on the border between the Western and Southern states, your highness. We didn't dare to go and report it to the emperor of the Southern state because the western state might get implicated. That's why we came back and reported it to the emperor of Western state."

She nodded. "That's a good move, thank you everyone for your hard work. Have you seen the people who abducted my brother? Something that can be helpful to trace him?"

"Your highness, the abduction is only alone. It's a woman who is the same age as you. She has long curly hair and we can't see her face because she is using a mask. Also, she has a red flower mark on her forehead."

While listening to the helper, she is already having a picture on her mind. Could it be?

"I already know the culprit. Just stay here and wait for the prince. Also, don't tell the Emperor's men that I came here." She said and immediately left the inn.

Using a horse, she went towards the border of the two states and went to the house near the river. The place has been familiar to her since when she was still a southern state princess.

When she arrived, she got off the horse and walked towards the house. When she opened the door, an arrow almost hit her, good thing she immediately dodge it. "Are you crazy, Tan Xi! You almost killed me!" She annoyingly said and swiftly got inside the house. 

She sat on the wooden chair and looked around. This house hasn't changed at all even though many years have gone by. She sighed and looked at the cabinet when she felt someone staring at her from there.

"Get out now, I know where you are hiding." She said and a minute later, a woman got out of the cabinet.

"Haist, you're no fun." Tan Xi said, who is busy taking off the cobwebs from her hair before looking at her. "Long time no see, Honghong."

"Not you too!"

Tan Xi laughed before sitting beside her. "What? Isn't it your baby name? I always hear Susu call you that when you were still in the Southern state. Tell me, where have you been these past years? It is always the three princes who come to rescue their little brother whenever I abduct him. This is the first time that you came to rescue after how many years."

"Three princes?" She laughed. "I bet they didn't come to rescue him then."

"That's true! Yes, they did come here every time  but they told me they only want to have fun so they will stay here and drink until they are satisfied and it will be Susu that will bring his brothers back to the palace. So much headache that's why I didn't abduct him anymore but I missed him already so, I took him again today when I saw him on the border. Good thing you are the one who came to rescue, I can be at ease not without headache."

"Tell me, where's my brother now?"

Tan Xi smirked, "He? Well, he is—oh, no! I left him in the forest to make it more realistic! This is bad." She said and went out of the house. She just follows her until they reach a big tree but her brother is nowhere to be found.

"Where is he?" She asked while looking at the tree.

"Susu! Where are you? Gao Su!" Tan Xi kept on calling her brother everywhere but failed. "Did he become a prey to wolves? No, Gao Su! Gao Su! I don't believe it, Gao Hong, help me find him, I promise, I will never abduct him anymore! Please!"

She sighed and looked up, and saw her brother being tied up on the branch of a tree , making her laugh. Actually, she had known that her brother was tied up on the tree that's why she first untied him and tied him on the branches and even covered his mouth before she went to Tan Xi's house to pretend that she didn't know where her brother was.

Now, it is payback time, little brother.

When she saw her brother looking at her sharply, she immediately stopped laughing and looked at Tan Xi who was near crying. "Tan Xi, maybe my brother is still alive. Isn't your forest well protected from wolves?"

Tan Xi nodded. "That's right. But, Susu is missing!"

"Go and look him on that part, I'll look here." She said Tan Xi immediately goes there while she flies up to the branch where her brother was tied and untied him and brought him back to the ground.

She immediately unties the knots on his hand and body and when he can already stand on his own, he takes off the cover of his mouth before kicking her, making her laugh. "Are you crazy, Gao Hong? You know that I'm scared of heights!"

"That's what you get from angering the emperor and making him angry with me." She said and looked at Tan Xi. "Look at her, silly woman."

Prince Su smiled sweetly while watching Tan Xi looking for him. "She really is." He said.

She smirked and looked at her brother playfully. "Looks like she already accomplished her wish, right? Tell me, did you already fall for her?"

His smile faltered and looked at her blankly. "That's nonsense. How can I fall for a woman who keeps abducting me? Tss."

"It's okay. There is still so much time to make her fall for you. Tan Xi is a good woman and a well-disciplined young general. I like her for you. Don't worry, I will vouch for her when your father declines your marriage with her."

Prince Su only rolled his eyes to her before looking at Tan Xi. "Wa! I'm here!"

Tan Xi looked in their direction and immediately ran towards them. "Susu! I thought I will not see you again!" She said and hugged him tightly but her brother softly pushed her away.

"I'm here now, you should do your promise then. Stop abducting me from now on. Also, please don't let me see you anymore. You already know that father has already bestowed a marriage to me and I can't let my wife get jealous of our closeness when that time comes. Please, take care." Prince Su said and left.

When she and Tan Xi were left alone in the forest, she was just looking nowhere. Father bestowed a marriage on her brother? When? And why did Gao Su not tell her about it?

"Tan Xi, is it really true?" She asked Tan Xi

Tan Xi laughed bitterly. "That's true. I just also found out last week that's why I really made sure to abduct him today to ask if he doesn't really want to marry me. Gao Hong, I am willing to elope with him because I love him so much but, looks like my love is unrequited." Tan Xi sighed. "You can't really force someone to love you."

But, she clearly knew that Gao Su is in love with Tan Xi! Did father force her brother into that marriage?

"I'll talk to Gao Su about it. Don't worry."

"Don't bother. Gao Hong, I know you also wanted me to marry your brother, but I'm getting tired. Your brother is so hard to love, I give up." She said and left her alone.

She immediately walked towards her horse and saw her brother beside it. "Gao Su—"

"I don't want to talk about it, sister. Also, don't bother about these trivial things about me. Just focus on yourself while I do mine."

"Okay, fine. Let's go back now." She said and they both went back to the inn. But she is not that lucky when she sees the angry emperor inside.

"Nianian, go back to the palace!" He said and took her out of the palace. When they reached the palace, the emperor immediately told Cao Zhi to lock her up in her room and will not be allowed to get out without his order.

|emmmmmzZ|

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

EMPRESS LIU De Desi Turtle

Ficção Histórica

303K 10.5K 55
When Liu Changsheng came into the Emperor's household marrying the fourth Prince he had no ambition at all. He was just a fool in love. He was assaul...
2.5K 1K 14
Two thousand years ago, the peace of the Kingdom of Lixin is disturbed by the emergence of an armed conflict between two neighboring kingdoms and by...
57.2K 3.6K 68
I yearn for your love. I wish for you to see the real me. A foolish, impossible dream. I let this sorrow take away my smile as the world crumbles aro...
2.1K 532 66
After years of war, House Zhai proved supreme among the major Houses to become the new Ruling House of Zinnu. With it's military might, law and order...