Light Of A Crystal

By ShayPC0

Title subjected to change. Naruto knew it! He knew the main purpose of the bell test. But unfortunately, Sas... More

1. The Beginning
2. The Bell Test
3. Criminal
4. The Second Bell Test
5.The Bridge Mission Begins!
6. Mask
7. The Wave Mission begins
8.Is it a girl? Is it a boy? Its Haku!
9. The battle of Bridge
10. Pre Chunin Exam period
11. Meeting Rock Lee ;The Chunin exams begin
12. Team Death
*13. Chunin Exams
14. Preliminary Exam begins
15. Preliminary arc- part 1
*16. Preliminary arc- Part 2
17.Jiraya
18. Wind vs Blade
19. The Fox and the Cherry Blossom
20. Sound and Sand Joint Invasion Operation
21. Hiragane
*22. Prophecy*
23. Omens
24. The Weasel and the shark
25. The Uchiha Brothers
26. Lady Tsunade
27. Itachi's 3 conditions
28. Mist Village
29. Hatred
32. Predictions
33. Good bye Hidden Leaf Village! Next destination:Sand Village! Here we come!
34. Gaara of the Sand

30. Sasuke's goal

169 4 0
By ShayPC0

"People who are annoying to me should be killed just like that."

"Uzumaki. We meet again"

"I just came here to offer an olive branch until we get to fight each other. What do you say?" 

"Naruto! Call me Hokage sama."

"So what is it you two want to discuss with me?"

"That you should really control your anger."

"Your only liability is anger and unwillingness to understand someone's situation." 

"We accept that you know others' feelings and you are willing to understand others but can I ask you a question? Have you tried hard enough when the person in question whom we are dealing with is Sasuke Uchiha?" 

That's when Naruto woke up and found himself on the hospital bed.

Wiping his eyes, he muttered, "The hell was that?" 

Me befriending Not-Uchiha-Sasuke? Not gonna let it happen. Naruto thought furiously.

He then stirred around and saw that no one was inside the room. 

Now's my chance to escape. He thought as he opened the window but stopped in his tracks.

In front of him stood Iruka Umino waiting to blast Naruto. Naruto gulped. 

"Hehe Iruka sensei! Long time no see." Naruto said as he closed the window, only for the window to be held by Iruka. 

"Na...Ru...To..." Iruka mumbled angrily. "GET BACK TO YOUR BED, YOU IDIOT!"

Naruto just closed the window and got back to bed before hiding under its covers.

A few moments later 

The door opened to reveal Jirayaand Tsunade who walked into the room calmly.

After both of them were seated, the whole room went silent, making Naruto shift uncomfortably in the bed.

"Kakashi told me about everything in the report, Naruto," Tsunade said, making Naruto sigh. 

"Including Noka as well?" Naruto asked.

"Yes. I suspect that he has multiple personality disorders and ptsd. But, these views of mine are not final, as he might be pretending to gain an upper hand." Tsunade said as she put her hand under her chin.

"He saved me in the Chunin Exams as well." Naruto pointed out.

"Hmm, that's indeed very confusing. But for now, let's just consider him as our enemy until more evidence presents itself." Tsunade said before turning serious. "And if you started the conversation in order to save yourself from my wrath, you are wrong to presume so."

Upon seeing Tsunade lift her hand, Naruto immediately gulped and closed his eyes to prepare himself for the upcoming slap. But the slap never came.

Opening his eyes, he saw the disappointment visible on Tsunade's face. 

"I am not going to slap you or scold you. I will just let you know that I am totally disappointed in you."  Tsunade said as she slowly kept her hand on her armrest.

Naruto's pupils shrunk as he saw the same disappointment spread across Jiraya's wrinkled face. He looked down in shame as he slowly began to sink into his bed. 

A deafening silence echoed across the room, making the blond uncomfortable. 

I would not have minded a slap on my cheek as it would only hurt for a moment. But this... this is unbearable. Naruto thought before sighing and admitting, "I am sorry." in a very low volume.

Tsunade and Jiraya remained silent as Naruto continued. "I just wanted to capture Sasuke because he has hatred in his eyes. This hatred can no longer be tamed and he is slowly becoming a threat to the security of not only Konoha but other Shinobi villages. Hell, he might soon become the number 1 most wanted missing ninja at this rate. So, I want him to die in order to save the Leaf. There is no choice other than that." 

"How can you be so sure that his hatred cannot be tamed?" Jiraya questioned.

"Because," Naruto faced toward Jiraya. "He is no longer the Sasuke I knew in the past. That old Sasuke died the moment he tried to kill me. The old Sasuke didn't have such bloodlust. He didn't even hesitate for a second before he almost killed me." Naruto then broke his gaze from Jiraya.

"But, there is still a little chance that the old Sasuke is still there." Tsunade persuaded.

"No chance, Oba chan." Naruto paused. "The new Sasuke is no longer that Sasuke who had the aim only of killing his elder brother, Itachi. He no longer wants to avenge the Uchiha massacre. I mean he still kind of wants to kill Itachi but that has become his secondary objective."

"Then what is his main goal?" Naruto looked away from Tsunade and looked at his stomach. His face morphed into a fearful expression and he began sweating bullets. He also started trembling in fear and his teeth started chattering.

"He has no goal." 

"What do you mean?" 

"He has no ultimate goal. And a goalless person can be manipulated easily by a person with bad intentions as he is immediately influenced by the manipulator's goal and this can lead to disastrous consequences since Sasuke is an ex-Uchiha who still has a Sharingan. According to spiral, he is likely to be affected by the Curse of Hatred." Naruto said. 

"The curse of Hatred? Did Spiral tell you everything about it?" Jiraya asked, surprised.

"No. The fox did." Naruto replied. "So, what should we do now?"

Tsunade just thought for a second before looking at Jiraya.

"Jiraya, you said that Naruto needs a training trip across the elemental nations. Didn't you?" Tsunade asked as Jiraya nodded.

"Yes, I did. Maybe, it's the right opportunity to go and train to become stronger. Don't you agree, brat?" Jiraya asked as Naruto looked concerned.

"What if Sasuke does something during that period?" Naruto asked.

"Don't worry about Sasuke, Naruto." Tsunade said. "There is no way Sasuke will be able to do something big at that time." 

That's when the Higurashis (Cicadas) started crying ominously, creating a bit of tense atmosphere.

"Anyways, I have an idea. Why don't we get in contact with the rest of the jinchurikis and invite them into the alliance during the trip?" Naruto asked as Jiraya smirked.

"That's actually a great idea. What do you say, Tsunade?" 

"Since I believe in the peace and tranquillity among the five elemental Nations and the coalition will be an impeccable opportunity to ascertain this, I, the fifth Hokage, will grant you the leave from the Leaf Village." Tsunade declared as the two ninjas sweatdropped.

"You know you don't have to use such complex words?" 

"I just wanted to sound it a little bit fancy." Tsunade said with a sheepish grin.

Meanwhile at BBQ 

"Eat your fullest." The hostess said as she laid the plates in front of the Ino-Shika-Cho trio and Asuma Sarutobi.

Choji immediately snapped the chopsticks into two and snatched a fried pork meat and gobbled it almost instantly before quickly snatching another piece.

"YUMMY!" Choji yelled as he began gobbling the rest of his plate despite Ino scolding him for eating messily.

"What a drag!" Shikamaru yawned as Asuma just chuckled.

"So, why did you call us here, Asuma sensei?" Shikamaru asked. "Is it something special or-"

"Wow! I am impressed. How did you know that I was not calling you just for enjoyment?" Asuma asked.

"Because you usually take out to the BBQ when we complete a mission or if it is a festive season." Shikamaru pointed out as he put his hands on the back of his back and he stretched his body. 

"You got yourself a point Shikamaru." Ino said before facing Asuma, who just laughed before turning serious.

"Have you heard of that failed mission by Team 7?" Asuma asked as the trio nodded.

"Yes, it's actually making rounds in the village," Choji said as he pointed the chopsticks to Asuma, before being hit by Ino.

"Don't be rude, you idiot," Ino yelled at Choji.

"Anyways, what were you saying, sensei?" Shikamaru asked.

"Yes, about it. I have heard a rumour that Naruto is leaving the Leaf Village for training and diplomatic purposes."

Choji almost spat out the food and Ino's eyes went wide in surprise.

"Wait, the training I get it. But, diplomatic?"  Ino asked.

"Yes, as per the rumours circulating, Naruto wants to start an alliance. But, I don't know what the alliance will comprise of." Asuma said as he put his hand under his chin.

Shikamaru just chuckled.

"Do you remember when Naruto was the deadlast of the class?" Shikamaru asked.

"Yes Shikamaru, he was literally the loser of the class and was forced to repeat the test."  Ino said as she laughed.

"It's no longer believable that he is the same  deadlast anymore. He has now become serious since the Mizuki incident and he no longer is the immature brat we used to know him. It's time for us to become serious as well so that we are not left behind by him." Shikamaru said as the rest nodded. "Not to mention Sasuke..." Everyone became tense on hearing the name as he continued. "...is likely to do something big. We need to become stronger to stop him if he does." 

Everyone cheered at Shikamaru's little speech, but the cicadas' voice of warning remained unheard. 

A few minutes later

"That last meat hit the right spot." Choji remarked as the team 10 walked through the streets. By then, they had already separated ways with Asuma.

Ino giggled while Shikamaru just yawned as they arrived at the Nara household.

"Ino. Choji. See you tomorrow." Shikamaru yawned again as he closed the gate of the compound.

He walked through the pathway which was surrounded by trees. There were beautiful fountains made of bamboo sticks. The birds chirped joyfully, calming Shikamaru's tense mind. He saw that no one was around him which was quite strange because usually the ladies of the household were supposed to come out and work in the fields.

The deers, which were grazing, looked up and saw the Nara walking by. They came running to him and Shikamaru stopped to caress them with his hand. These deers belonged to the Nara and they were worshipped by the Naras clan members. 

After the deer had enough of pats, it gave a low bow before leaving the Nara, who stood there for a moment before turning around and leaving for the compound.

As he walked, he felt a sudden feeling of anxiety for his clan members. He started walking at a faster pace. 

As he saw the door of the Nara clan, he was perplexed when he saw that the door was wide open. 

It was quite unusual for Nara's household door to be open at that time. At the moment, they usually sleep and gather energy.

He quickly rushed into the household and began running towards the Nara meeting room. As he neared, he felt a familiar chakra signature inside the room. Not paying attention, he rushed towards the door and threw himself on it, destroying it. 

As soon as his vision cleared, his eyes beheld the calm and expressionless face of a boy who was once a friend of his. He held a sword on his waist and his hands were crossed. 

"Sasuke..." Shikamaru muttered before noticing the bodies of Nara clan members, including his mother and father laying on the ground. He angrily turned towards the Uchiha and asked. "What the hell did you do to them?" 

Sasuke took a breath and let it in before putting his gaze on Shikamaru, whose anger turned into horror as he noticed the emotionless yet calm red eyes which formed a shape in the middle.

"Your Sharingan!" Shikamaru exclaimed in horror. "How powerful have you become?" 

Sasuke just walked toward him forcing the Nara to move backwards. He stumbled on one of the Naras and fell on the hard floor. Despite the pain, he continued to crawl back while Sasuke continued to move toward him. 

Shikamaru stopped moving backwards when he hit something behind him. He looked around and saw that it was the wall. Sweat began dripping on his cheek as Sasuke bend down before him and looked at the Nara. 

"Don't worry, I haven't done anything to them... that is for now," Sasuke said as he looked into Shikamaru's eyes. "I just wanted to talk with the genius student among the Rookie 9." 

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY 'FOR NOW? DO YOU HAVE PLANS FOR KILLING US?" Shikamaru shouted as Sasuke's eyes darkened for a second before coming back to normal. 

"I haven't planned what to do with you yet," Sasuke admitted. 

"What is it you truly desire, Sasuke? I don't understand the significance of your hatred for Naruto." Shikamaru asked.

"I don't hate Naruto," Sasuke said. "I hate how he gets everything that he desires. If he gets everything he desires, why cannot I get it? I am just like him. We share a tragedical childhood, our desire to be acknowledged and the Leaf Village as well. Still, I don't get what he gets. He is a monster..." Shikamaru wanted to interrupt but was silenced by Sasuke's calm gaze. "who harbours another monster which almost destroyed the Leaf 12 years ago. That means I am the one who shall get his hands dirty to kill him since the Leaf turned blind towards his true desires for Naruto. It's my duty as an Uchiha to protect the Leaf and I shall do it.

"Now, as for your question, I am destined to kill Naruto and save Leaf. I will prove to everyone that I am the hero of the Leaf Village." Sasuke declared.

Shikamaru would have laughed at Sasuke's declaration as it was a ridiculous one but he didn't dare to do so.

"Before I take your leave, I have to make sure that you don't say anything about our meeting," Sasuke said as he began weaving through his hand seals. 

"Wh-" Shikamaru could never get to complete his sentence as Sasuke slammed his hand on his mouth, causing his eyes to go wide before Sasuke removed his hand. The Nara began to breathe deeply as he held his mouth.

"Apologies," Sasuke said unapologetically. "I was just applying a seal on your mouth so that the moment you try to talk about this incident, you will immediately feel immense pain. No matter how strong your willpower is, you will never be able to talk of this incident, unless I wish otherwise."

"What if my will is limitless and breaks through the limits which you have imposed?" Shikamaru pointed out with a cocky smile. 

"Don't think of doing it," Sasuke said.

"Oh! And why is that so? Are you worried about me?" Shikamaru asked.

Sasuke brought his face forward, near Shikamaru's left ear and whispered. "No! And as for your question, the one whom you said will die." He then brought his face back to see the fearful face of Shikamaru. 

Sasuke then slowly turned around and walked into the darkness before giving one last look at Shikamaru, who saw the red light shining from Sasuke's eyes. 

He disappeared moments later, leaving Shikamaru in peril. 

Obito: Wow! That was pretty intense. 

Kakashi: Agreed! Along with that Naruto will be leaving for the training trip, in which he is planning to get into contact with the rest of the jinchurikis before including them in the alliance.

Obito: Wondering how Naruto will be able to convince the Kages and get them to agree to the alliance? What Sasuke will commit in the future that will be so big

Obito: If you don't know, pointing chopsticks toward someone is considered disrespectful in Japan. That's why Ino whacked Choji. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17K 279 17
This story Naruto uzumaki finds out the most horrible truth about his wife and friend on team7 aka sakura Haruno when he does find out he realizes ho...
27.7K 376 17
CURRENTLY BEING FULLY REWRITTEN, THIS STORY WILL STAY HERE, BUT IT'LL NO LONGER BE UPDATED (maybe just it ask what's wanted in the other story) (Y/N)...
9K 1K 26
(A Naruto-themed fanfic- Book 1 in its series) Just recently promoted to Jonin Status as a medical shinobi of the Hidden Leaf Village, Katsu Inazuna...
20K 674 105
Sequel to crystal in Light " "Those who break the rules are trash but those who break the rules are worse than scum." These were the words from my se...