MIRACLE

By YDANita

Khushi feels betrayed when Arnav agrees to send her back to Laxminagar at Anjali's insistence. What changes t... More

Chapter 1 - Betrayal- Dagaa
Chapter 2 - Destination - Manzil
Chapter 3 - Khushi's Miracle
Chapter 5 - Endorphin- Happiness
Note
Chapter 6 - Arnav's Miracle
Chapter 7 - Fair Play
Chapter 8 - Khushi is Khushi
Chapter 9 - Flaw- less
Chapter 10 - A Wonderful Life (Epilogue)

Chapter 4 -Her Samaritans

6.4K 289 18
By YDANita

Chapter 4

''Chalte -chalte thak gaya thi viraane raasto par,

khuda ne rahnuma bhejkae gulzaar kar diya''

For the last ten years, Sunheri Mausi & Mohan have both been Khushi's pillars. Khushi would not take any decision without consulting them. So when the time came to contact Arnav. her first thought was to discuss it with Sunheri Mausi & Mohan. Khushi finally made up her mind to contact Arnav.  

Mohan was a little scared because he served Raizada Family for many years & he was well aware of ASR's anger. So he was not sure how Arnav will react when he will come to know that he helped Khushi to leave Delhi. But he was ready to face anyone for the sake of Ananya & Khushi. 

The Next concern for Khushi was how to contact Arnav. She left his world a long time back. Maybe he still has grudges against her. She was not sure that Arnav will take her call or help her.  She was afraid that what would she do if Arnav flatly refused to help her. She was afraid to make a call.  But still, for the future of her daughter, she decided to write a letter. 

She also asked her NGO friends to help her to search for a sponsor for her daughter's education. She wanted to explore her all options. Little did she know that a simple letter from her would bring storm in Arnav's life or you can say in the Raizada family.

She was diagnosed with a dangerous disease. She was not sure how much time she have. She had only a few months or a year? She was worried for her daughter. All these things made her emotional. When she sat down to write the letter, she was blown away by emotions & wrote a very emotional letter. She was not waiting for Arnav or for his apology. A decade passed. She just wanted a secure future for her daughter. She didn't mention in the letter that he is Ananya's biological father. She was not sure that Arnav or Raizada family will believe it. So she just avoided it. But She was hoping that Arnav will connect the dots & will come to collect her daughter. After all, Ananya is his own blood. Who better than her knows how much Arnav loves his blood relation? She was a live example of it.

 Arnav & Akash reached Dhanbad around 4 pm. They hired a Taxi & asked the driver to take them to Bhavanpur village. His immediate question was as to whose house did they want to go to? Aakash didn't want to share the information so he just asked to let them first reach there then he will give the details. 

Sir, the village has come, if you will tell me the name I will drop you there. Arnav looked all around, most of the houses were made of mud. Very few houses were made of brick. It was as if he had gone in time 50 years back. His Khushi was living in that area? There were hardly any basic amenities. His heart was filled with more regret. 

Sir where do you have to go?

 There is a lady with the name Khushi..., Khushi Gupta. We want to meet her. Akash shared the information. 

Are Sir, Why didn't you tell me earlier that you want to meet 'Khushi Bahanji'?  You should have told me earlier that you are Khushi Behanji's guest. Her guest means you are our guest. Please come. Both brothers were taken aback by the driver's enthusiasm. 

Do you know her? Aakash instantly asked.

Of course, I know her. Not only me whole area knows her. She is such a nice lady. She runs a school for our kids. There was respect in the driver's eyes. Arnav smiles at the driver's disclosure. He was feeling proud of his Khushi. After going through such a bad phase she is working for the betterment of others. His Khushi is a brave lady & he knows from the beginning. Aakash sighed in relief when a smile touched his brother's face. Now he was positive that everything going to be ok. 

People were surprised & curious when a big car entered their village. There were many questions in their mind. Who are they? why they did come to their village? To whom do they want to meet? What do they want? When they came to know that those rich people came to meet Khushi Bahanji, They were relaxed. Khushi Bahanji must have called them to help with school. 

So when the driver knocked at Khushi's door which was already open, around a 60 yrs old lady was seated on a cot. 

Mataji, these fellows came to meet Khushi Bahanji. 

Who are you dear? I am Aakash & he is my elder brother Arnav. Aakash introduced themselves.  Where is Khushi ji & Ananya? We want to meet them. 

You are Arnav Singh Raizada? the lady looked at Arnav & confirmed.

Ji. Arnav answered meekly. He couldn't meet the lady's eyes. Because there was an accusation in her eyes. 

Come inside. She indicated a cot. Both brothers sat there. Arnav was silently looking at the house. they were sitting in a courtyard. there were two rooms on his left side. Along with it, there was a small area whose front side was covered with a small wall. A stove & a few utensils were visible. So Arnav concluded it was a kitchen. On his right side in the corner, there was a shed where a cow was mowing. This was his Khushi place for the last ten years. He was not sure whether he should be grateful that at least Khushi has a place to live or he should be regretful that she is living in such low conditions. His emotions were all over the place. 

Ananya Beta, There is someone to see you.

 Arnav jerked his head & looked towards the room. A slim & tall girl appeared outside the room. Ananya was in a simple yellow cotton frock which has small flowers. She was tall according to her age. Her hair was dark & long like Khushi's. She stopped near Sunheri Mausi. She looked at her with questioning eyes. Sunheri Mausi was in dilemma. How do break a news to a 9-year-old that the person who is sitting in front of her is her father? Khushi was not there. So she has to do it.

 Arnav couldn't control himself. He got up & sit with his bended knees in front of Ananya. His eyes were wet.  Ananya was looking at him with her innocent eyes. 

Are you my papa? Ananya asked with all innocence. Three adults were shocked. Arnav embraced her & started to cry. A simple question by Ananya shooked to their core. A lot of injustice was done to Ananya. Even the tears of the entire Raizada family could not undo the injustice.  

Ananya again asked the same question- Are you, my Papa? Arnav nodded his head but keep crying. 

Somehow, Arnav stopped himself & asked- How do you know?

Amma told me. 

What did your Amma tell you? 

She told me that she wrote a letter to you & she was waiting for your response. She showed me your photo. Arnav smiled through his tears. 

Where is Amma? 

She is in hospital. As soon as he listen that Khushi is in hospital he quickly took action.

 Ok Ananya, let's go & meet your Amma. They quickly collected the details of the hospital & other things. Back in Delhi Aman arranged for a team of doctors to fly to Dhanbad. They were on the way. In the meanwhile, Aaksh told Sunheri Mausi that they have come to take Khushi back. She understood the whole thing but to her satisfaction, she asked Mohan's cousin to accompany them. They both were strangers to Ananya. She couldn't send her alone with them. She cannot trust her angel with anyone. Both the brothers were surprised to see so much love and care for Ananya. Arnav picked her daughter in her arms & started his journey to meet his wife in Patliputr Medical Hospital Dhanbad.

One thing to note about that despite having no money or status, Khushi was getting so much respect. Nowadays people think only those who have money get respect. But people forget that the respect they get because of money is given out of compulsion. A kind heart, a kind smile, selfless service, and care for others, these qualities make more impact on others. These qualities are actual treasures. 

 Khushi was going through her chemotherapy session. It was very painful so she was delirious when Arnav reached there. Her body was worn out. She was exhausted, drowsy & confused. These are common symptoms after chemotherapy. She was suffering from Chronic leukemia. There was only one thing in her mind. What will happen to Ananya when she will leave this world? She tried to contact her father but he didn't reply to her letter. Khushi was very well aware of the pain of an orphan child. Time was slipping from her hands but there was no solace for her soul. 

She was lying down on a bed which was covered with a white sheet. There was an oxygen cylinder nearby her. She was looking fragile, there was no one at her bedside. Arnav held her hand & whisper- Khushi!!! She didn't respond. After a few minutes, he heard her voice.

Khushi murmured - Please take care of my Ananya. Arnav was not sure that she knew that he has arrived or that she was grumbling under the influence of drugs. He waited for Khushi to regain consciousness. Aakash & Ananya were outside. He didn't want Ananya to see her mother in that condition. one hour passed but Arnav didn't move.

Meanwhile, Mohan came to meet Khushi. After admitting Khushi to the hospital he went on his duty. He was astonished when he saw a familiar figure with Ananya. Of course, Khushi informed him that she tried t contact Arnav. Khushi was an integral part of Mohan's family. In spite of knowing that someday Arnav will contact Khushi, Mohan couldn't prepare himself to meet Arnav. He knew Arnav's Anger very well. He was not sure after knowing that he helped Khushi to leave him & Delhi, how Arnav Singh Raizada will take the news. But he was a man who was ready to face anyone to protect his sister. 

He called Ananya- Ananya Beta, What are you doing here? Aakash took some time to recognize Mohan.  Are you Mohan? Mohan greeted him politely. Aakash was confused about Mohan's presence. How does he know Ananya?  

Mamu I came to meet Amma with my Papa & Chachu. He is my Chachu & Papa went to meet Amma. She indicated her finer towards Aakash. Suddenly it dawn on Aaksh that it was Mohan who helped Khushi to leave Delhi. It was Mohan who was supporting Khushi & her daughter for the last ten years.  They were so thick-headed that they never thought that a mere driver could help Khushi.  They called all the high authorities of Delhi in search of Khushi but they never enquired from their own staff. Today he was more regretful. If he made just one call to Mohan, Today his brother & his family would have been together. But no one could have prevented it from happening. It was written in their luck. 

Mohan has thought about hundred of scenarios when he would meet the Raizada family, what would happen? but he never imagined a quiet Raizada. Again there were tears in Aaksh's eyes. He Hugged Mohan & profusely thanked him to take care of Khushi & Ananya  They both decided to give Arnav some time alone with Khushi. 

Arnav was waiting for Khushi to regain consciousness. At last, she opened her eyes. She looked at Arnav with confused eyes. 

Khushi how are you? are you feeling pain? Obviously, Khushi was in pain. Her exhausted face was showing all the symptoms. But she was a strong woman so she just nodded her head in denial. After confirming that Arnav was there in real she was relieved. She was very worried when Arnav didn't respond. Every day she used to wait for his reply. But every day her hope was decreasing. 

But today when she opened her eyes & saw Arnav was seated near her. She didn't believe it at first. But when he asked about her health she was relieved. She was relieved that her daughter won't be alone. She was relieved that Ananya will get a good education. She was relieved that her daughter would not have to struggle for small things. She was relieved that when she will leave this world there will be someone to look after her daughter. 

She spoke in a feeble voice- Please take care of my Ananya.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

215K 6.9K 9
Wounded by Arnav's hurtful words, Khushi takes a drastic step. Will Arnav get a chance to fix his mistake, or is it too late?
35K 1K 4
Based on the Sheetal track. Khushi took a step when Arnav blamed her for the DNA report. How did Khushi make Arnav & family realize their mistake?
150K 6.4K 18
Six months contract marriage ended with divorce, leaving broken Khushi who totally humiliated and abused by Arnav and his family, REVENGE IS WHAT SHE...
250K 11.4K 27
Terrace Scene. What if Anjali was to choose between her husband and her brother?. Whom will she choose?. Peep in for more. This story belongs to...